PDA

View Full Version : Who is our leader?

battleaxe4cheese
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.

Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.

Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/EGA.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/EGA.jpg)

i_bleed_purple
08-05-2009, 01:42 PM
"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:

I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.

Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.

Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi

ahhh.. lack of paragraphs... an ADHD victim's worst enemy.

however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
Jared Allen.
He really is the only person who comes across as very outspoken.

Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.
He leads by example, which is fine, except in the huddle.
Allen is always saying something.
Always trying to get the team pumped up.

on offense, not sure.
seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.
Hutch has been the captain last year, so I'd be inclined to say him.

Leads to my next point..
why is it we don't have a leader?
I have a hunch, and it rhymes with blildress....
He seems to target players who play well, but are not outspoken.
Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.

The Dropper
08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Who is Chris Carter?

(Sorry, if I didn't do it, someone else was bound to.)

gamecocksbaseball31
08-05-2009, 01:57 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
Jared Allen.

Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.

on offense, not sure.
seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.

Leads to my next point..

Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.

What does Josh Childress have anything to do with this?
;D
http://c2.api.ning.com/files/1uifLWOMLzeVB-wCoY-QkRJ73HDQqM5vqTcEM5PWez4_/Josh_Childress_Wallpaper.jpg

jmcdon00
08-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I think Peterson is becoming a leader of the offense. He's not real outspoken but in the games he's very emotional and I think players want him to do well. I think Birk was one of the leaders on offense but think Hutchinson will take on more of a leadership role this year.
On the defensive side I think Jared Allen and Winfield are both excellent leaders.

V4L
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Offense- Hutch and AP

Defense- EJ Winny K-will

STs- Longwell and Farwell

The Dropper
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/50/508932.jpg

jmcdon00
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Jared Allen.

on offense, not sure.

Leads to my next point..

What does Josh Childress have anything to do with this?
;D
http://c2.api.ning.com/files/1uifLWOMLzeVB-wCoY-QkRJ73HDQqM5vqTcEM5PWez4_/Josh_Childress_Wallpaper.jpg

Is that Brad's son?

Purple Floyd
08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Jared Allen

vikinggreg
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

Vikes_King
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
"The" wrote:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/50/508932.jpg

+1.

If not, I think I'm a pretty solid #2 option

Vikes_King
08-05-2009, 05:58 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

Even Jared Allen acknowledges that E.J. is the undisputed leader of the D

Tad7
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Jared Allen seems like the vocal leader. EJ and Hutch seem like the "watch me and work as hard as I do" leaders.

jmcdon00
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

Exactly what I'd expect a leader to say.
;)

i_bleed_purple
08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

Leader by example though?

I always see clips of other team,s a captain is gettin the whole team jacked up... I never see that with the Vikings, I wonder who that guy is?

Vikes_King
08-05-2009, 06:04 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

I always see clips of other team,s a captain is gettin the whole team jacked up... I never see that with the Vikings, I wonder who that guy is?

Pat Williams is the most outspoken guy on the D that is usually pushing people

i_bleed_purple
08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

I could see that.

Vikes_King
08-05-2009, 06:09 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Jared Allen

+1

I could see that.

The problem is, its hard to understand him at times since he talks so damn fast haha

Not every team has the incredibly energetic hype-man, sometimes teams respond better when you have the quiet leader (E.J.) only have to say a couple words, or the constantly excited 36 y/o Man-Child Pat Williams.

I don't believe we have a guy on our team like Ray Lewis or Drew Brees that is fit to step into the middle of the huddle and scream stuff before games :P lol

Speaking of which, now I need to go watch the 2008 NFL Plays of the Year.
"If anyone touches the ball, they get knocked out today!"
"This is where we take our respect!!"

If this doesn't get you hyped for the 2009 season, idk what the fuck does

0wq8krw9G2o

V-Unit
08-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I think our defense is chock full of leaders, whether is be PWill, KWill, Allen, EJ, or Winfield.

I think offense is a much different story though. AD and Hutch may lead by example, but AD is not the most outspoken guy, and I'm not ready to label Hutch a leader by default. Maybe we will see those guys emerge as leaders this year.

purple_glory_dreamer
08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
+1 with all the defensive leader comments.

However, on offense, I would like to see AD take this role.
Why?
Because he is the unquestioned heart and soul of this team.
The last two years we live or die by his performance.

Look at the guys you talked about and what they put stock in with their team...
Raven - Lewis - Defense
Colts - Manning - passing/offense
Saints - Brees -
passing/offense
I wouldnt say that Big Ben is necessarily their leader...I wouldve said Troy Polamalu and again, they are a defense driven team.
So as I said becasue we are obviously a team taht has come to look to AD to lead us on the field as a player I want to see him lead us as "The Unquestioned Leader" on our team

StillPurple
08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I am not in that locker room, so I don't know who the leader is, but my guess would be:

- Offense: Hutchinson or Peterson

- Defense: Pat Williams or Winfield

Prophet
08-06-2009, 08:56 AM
What?
No mention of VikingsTW?

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/upavatars/avatar_2004.png

JellyBean2144
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Normally it would come from the QB position, but since we are having problems in that area, it is on the coach and owner, depending on the type of ownership that we have. Zygi Wilf seems hands off, so we have Brad
Childress as the leader.

mr.woo
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
WOO is your leader. i think it best that you all remember that, before i find it neccesary to start another war. ;)