02-14-2005, 12:20 PM
http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/default.aspx

AngloVike
02-14-2005, 01:52 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

KFAN is supposed to be carrying a press conf by the Vikes at 2:30 central today - anyone able to confirm that ?

ravenlore
02-14-2005, 01:57 PM
WCCO and KSTP are both reporting that the news conference is set for 2:30.

somebody better ask the big question (moving potential) and get a clear answer.

EDIT: it appears the news conference will be broadcast on wcco.com.

PurplePeopleEaters
02-14-2005, 02:02 PM
No more red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally.

Next step FA. (hopefully not LA)

XTAP59
02-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Sold!

Viking Update Staff - Scout.com
February 14, 2005 at 9:39am ET
While there are still several hoops remaining to jump through, the sale of the Vikings may finally be completed as Red McCombs and Reggie Fowler have agreed in principle on the sale of the Vikings.

With time running out on his exclusive negotiating window, the Vikings and businessman Reggie Fowler have reached a tentative agreement to buy the Vikings.

A press conference is scheduled for today to formalize the announcement, with the sale price being discussed as $625-635 million.

Whole there are still several hurdles to go through -- remember that Tom Clancy's bid to buy the Vikings fell through upon scrutiny of his financial records by the NFL -- the process of finalizing the sale will begin this week.

For the moment, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor is left out of the deal. If, however, anything fails with the Fowler bid, Taylor will be waiting in the wings with the bid.

VU will follow up this story after today's press conference with more details.

Toss2Moss84
02-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm listening right now and Red won't shut up. He's recapping the last 7 years as Vikings owner and telling us stuff I'm sure not many people care about. Bet you didn't know Red and Fat Lever were good friends? LOL

Get to it RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngloVike
02-14-2005, 02:41 PM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

I'm listening right now and Red won't shut up. He's recapping the last 7 years as Vikings owner and telling us stuff I'm sure not many people care about. Bet you didn't know Red and Fat Lever were good friends? LOL

Get to it RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was just thinking that, wish he'd just shut up and get on with it !

Toss2Moss84
02-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Question : Is there any thought about moving the team out of Minnesota?

Fowler : None

AngloVike
02-14-2005, 02:44 PM
He seems cagey on the stadium issue, hope this isn't a sign of things to come

XTAP59
02-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Fowler becomes first black owner in NFL, purchases Vikings

February 14, 2005
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minneapolis (Ticker) - Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler will become the first black owner of an NFL team, pending league approval.

Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs announced Monday that he has reached an agreement to sell the team to Fowler.

The purchase price was not disclosed, although the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that McCombs received at least $625 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

The sale of any franchise must be approved by 24 of the league's 32 owners and could take months to complete.

The 46-year-old Fowler, who played linebacker in the NFL with the Cincinnati Bengals and attended the University of Wyoming, is the founder of Spiral Inc, a diversified holdings corporation.

Alan Landis, a former partner of the NBA's New Jersey Nets, and Zyggi Wilf, part of a New Jersey family real estate empire, are believed to be among Fowler's key co-investors.

McCombs bought the Vikings for $246 million in 1998. He has been shopping the Vikings for a couple of years but stepped up his efforts in the last couple of weeks, entering an exclusive negotiating period with Fowler.

The last NFL team to be sold was the Atlanta Falcons, who were purchased by Arthur Blank for $545 million in 2002

The highest sales price for an NFL franchise is $800 million, which owner Daniel Snyder paid for the Washington Redskins in 1999.

ultravikingfan
02-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey, has anyone posted that team is sold? :roll:

hovan
02-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Just talked to my fam down in Tucson Arizona. My Uncles went to high school with Reggie Fowler and they can't believe that he is buying the Vikings. They said he was a putz in highschool. Wierd how the world works. Keep em in Minne Reggie, Keep em in Minne!!!

Calmwind
02-14-2005, 08:22 PM
I like the discount comment he made when they asked about the stadium during the press confrense. I'm sure he called McSuck "Old Bastard" under his breath lol.

magicci
02-14-2005, 08:22 PM
whats a putz?

hovan
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
basically a scumbag.

Fowler jumped my Uncle after school one day, my uncle gave Reggie Stiches, so Reggie had his buddies come after my Uncle.

Apparently Fowler didn't like my Uncle because he told him "Hey aren't you that rich white boy that lives in that big house up on the hill" before he jumped him.

Funny Stuff, what a small world.

V4L
02-19-2005, 12:39 PM
yah right dude