PDA

View Full Version : Peterson keeps passing game on his to-do list

Marrdro
08-02-2009, 10:17 AM
MANKATO —As many of the Vikings worked on special teams assignments early in Saturday's practice, running back Adrian Peterson and his position coach, Eric Bieniemy, made their way to a vacant portion of Field 1 on the Minnesota State Mankato campus.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/52271052.html

V4L
08-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Keep working at it AP

Get him catching 100 balls a day

BadlandsVikings
08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
trade him

marstc09
08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Hopefully the fumbles are too.

Marrdro
08-02-2009, 01:01 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Some of his fumbles last year were from getting hit/stripped from behind.
I think some of that might have been addressed this year in Sully/PL.
;)

marstc09
08-02-2009, 01:10 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

;)

Just like they were addressed last year too. He has lead the league the last two years. It doesn't matter how they happened. They need to stop.

singersp
08-03-2009, 05:12 AM
"V4L" wrote:

Keep working at it AP

Get him catching 100 balls a day

A lot of good that did T-Will.

Being able to catch balls in practice doesn't = being able to catch balls on gameday.

singersp
08-03-2009, 05:16 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

;)

Just like they were addressed last year too. He has lead the league the last two years. It doesn't matter how they happened. They need to stop.

Exactly. Get a grip on that ball & maintain it. Stripped balls is one thing, but when you cough up the ball after bumping into one of your own lineman [McKinney] that is unacceptable.

singersp
08-03-2009, 05:30 AM
I don't know if Vikes_King or Captain J addressed it, but according to BLV, AD dropped an easy catch in practice (didn't sound like it was his 1st drop). Childress just patted AD on, but then another other coach, I assume Biemeny, took AD aside & chewed him out.

IMO, this is a big concern for our team & one that I hope AD can overcome. We all know that AD is a great runner, but we need him to be more than one-dimensional.

Vikes_King
08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
"singersp" wrote:

I don't know if Vikes_King or Captain J addressed it, but according to BLV, AD dropped an easy catch in practice (didn't sound like it was his 1st drop). Childress just patted AD on, but then another other coach, I assume Biemeny, took AD aside & chewed him out.

IMO, this is a big concern for our team & one that I hope AD can overcome. We all know that AD is a great runner, but we need him to be more than one-dimensional.

Yea, AD has dropped a couple passes.
He dropped another really easy short pass yesterday - granted he had a sweet catch for a TD in redzone drills later.
Bieniemy is riding his ass at all times

Marrdro
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Yea, AD has dropped a couple passes.
He dropped another really easy short pass yesterday - granted he had a sweet catch for a TD in redzone drills later.
Bieniemy is riding his jiggly butt at all times

Does it look like he isn't 100% focused/trying?
Lord help us if he turns into one of them whinny me me WR's who want to focus on the Twitter or Reality Show instead of getting fricken ready to play ball......

Might happen though.
Chiller is running a pretty limp camp again this year.
Who the hell knows whats going on.

StillPurple
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I just read the Jim Brown - AP interview in The "Sporting News". Good stuff. But it seems to me that AP is focused just on football, because he criticizes other NFL players who are "about the money". BTW, I don't really need Peterson to catch passes. That would be "nice to have", but I don't need him to be Brian Westbrook right now. I do need an offense that knows how to utilize him and I do need him to wait for the blocks to be there. He is constantly trying to "hit a homer run" and thus sometimes overruns his blocks. He needs to be patient and wait for it.

i_bleed_purple
08-07-2009, 05:41 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I just read the Jim Brown - AP interview in The "Sporting News". Good stuff. But it seems to me that AP is focused just on football, because he criticizes other NFL players who are "about the money". BTW, I don't really need Peterson to catch passes. That would be "nice to have", but I don't need him to be Brian Westbrook right now. I do need an offense that knows how to utilize him and I do need him to wait for the blocks to be there. He is constantly trying to "hit a homer run" and thus sometimes overruns his blocks. He needs to be patient and wait for it.

I don't need him to catch passes alot, but he needs to work on his blocking.

StillPurple
08-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes, he does, particularly if he wants to play more than just 1st and 2nd down.