PDA

View Full Version : TEAM SELLS!!!

VikingsTw
02-13-2005, 11:40 PM
But for sure? It still has to be approved right?

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=BE326AE0-F4DF-41D8-B0EB-24F2531DD34D

Sounds like a done deal to me :cheers: .

VikingsTw
02-13-2005, 11:45 PM
OOOPS looks like it was covered in another thread but anyways here another link this ones KFAN and not yahoo.

truvikefan
02-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Hell yes time to throw out that shitty owner Mcombs he dont know football from his own penis.I just hope the team stays in Minnesota. They gotta stay in Minnesota till the metrodome lease is over unless he buys it out. Which i doubt he can do since ive read this guy has about 400 million dollars.

VikesFan111
02-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Like Webby said...on to the draft!

hawaiianvike21
02-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Hopefully Fowler will have a lot of enthusiasm in getting a new stadium for us. After all we all know how an out of state owner can be towards getting a stadium.

I was a little dissapointed that at least taylor didnt buy the team himself or at least be a part owner with fowler, that way our chances for a new stadium are better.

XTAP59
02-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Maybe taylor is going to buy in as one of the deep pockets?......

snowinapril
02-14-2005, 11:50 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Hopefully Fowler will have a lot of enthusiasm in getting a new stadium for us. After all we all know how an out of state owner can be towards getting a stadium.

I was a little dissapointed that at least taylor didnt buy the team himself or at least be a part owner with fowler, that way our chances for a new stadium are better.

In one of the article links in one of the threads, I could have sworn that it sounded like the New Jersey guys with Fowler will build the stadium with their own hands if they have to. I am not sure but I think they must own a construction company or something. I couldn't tell where the article was going with that.

VKG4LFE
02-14-2005, 12:34 PM
That would be awesome if they would just build a new stadium! I think that would go over really well with the state legislature and the fans!!!

Burley81
02-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm just happy Red's cheap a** is out! I hope he never buys a Minnesota sports team again!!!!!! YES!!!!! RED IS OUT!!!!!

jackyl
02-14-2005, 01:14 PM
If Fowler is as close to the end of his capital just on the purchase, you can almost bet he's going to be just as cheap as Red on FA and money spent in general.

VikingsTw
02-14-2005, 01:16 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

If Fowler is as close to the end of his capital just on the purchase, you can almost bet he's going to be just as cheap as Red on FA and money spent in general.

Thats not great to hear :pale: .

XTAP59
02-14-2005, 02:14 PM
The cheapskate is gone,
Long live the Fowler.....
Or something like that.....

DemonicViking
02-14-2005, 02:24 PM
disposing of one cheapskate and bringing in another..? that just took the smile off my face.

ravenlore
02-14-2005, 02:37 PM
ok, WCCO. com and WCCO-tv are broadcasting the press conference...

Red just babbling right now...

i'll edit this post as events unfold, if necessary and allowable.

EDIT1: Reggie says he's committed to being here, and this is probably the greatest moment of his life

EDIT2: he's been asked point-blank if there was a possibility of moving the team. his reply: "None."

EDIT3: there' another thread about the news conference, so i'll shut up now.

jackyl
02-14-2005, 02:41 PM
KFAN.com is carrying it too

muchluv4smoot
02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

disposing of one cheapskate and bringing in another..? that just took the smile off my face.

I don't think fowler is anywhere near as cheap as Red. I mean really, would you see red buying the vikes for $625-$635 million dollars, if someone else owned them now?

Also, fowler has more than $400 million, the rest of his money is currently in a bunch of other businesses. It isn't like he is gonna be broke now. I believe he was said to be worth $1.8 billion last year.

I trust he will come in and try to impress all us fans, by keeping the best WR in the NFL on our team, and by spending a lot of money on fixing our D.

DemonicViking
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Honestly, I don't know much about the guy and trying to get a better idea based on what I'm reading here. I'm hopin' he does a better job than Red, only time will tell. And hopefully a new stadium will be in the future. A few SB trophies wouldn't be so bad either :king:

muchluv4smoot
02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Fowler kind of reminds me of lovie smith. Anyone else see that?

koolkev8
02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
OMG!!! My dreams really do come true (exept for my sexual dreams)!!! JK

PurplePeopleEaters
02-14-2005, 03:27 PM
He doesnt seem like a cheapskate. 650 mil dollars on a team. Red spent something like 240 mil.

It is also cool to be break the color barrier. I heard that he is the first black owner in the NFL and that is great.

DemonicViking
02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Doesn't matter what color he is to me.. as long as we get results.

skol_vikes!
02-14-2005, 04:03 PM
"muchluvs4moss" wrote:

I trust he will come in and try to impress all us fans, by keeping the best WR in the NFL on our team, and by spending a lot of money on fixing our D.

I believe the last part, but I wouldn't hold my breath on keeping Moss, though that would be great

PurplePeopleEaters
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know what date the draft is?

Just wanted to know after reading what webby wrote.

sdvikefan
02-14-2005, 04:12 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

In one of the article links in one of the threads, I could have sworn that it sounded like the New Jersey guys with Fowler will build the stadium with their own hands if they have to. I am not sure but I think they must own a construction company or something. I couldn't tell where the article was going with that.

Yes I read that too. If there is any truth to it, that would be amazing. Problem solved right there, no more political hassles.

I am also interested to see what Fowler does with the Vikings staff and facilities. There was an article on here a while back about how the Vikings are the "team that does more with less" and it talked about how Tice has much less to work with than his Packer counterparts. Fewer trainers, worse facilities. I would like to see Fowler bring the Vikings up to speed in these areas and make us more competitive. Things like that also attract players to teams.

DemonicViking
02-14-2005, 04:24 PM
The draft runs from April 23rd to the 24th. Last year's was a good one, this year's should be interesting as well.

triedandtruevikesfan
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up yet... granted they have reached an agreement, but it can't be finalized until the next owners meeting... it can still go down the pipes... also, Red still has control of the team, soooooooo... goodbye FA... please god let us get someone good in the draft!!!