PDA

View Full Version : Ron Mexico Watch



Prophet
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Now that Lord Favre is staying retired, how many of you asshats want Ron Mexico on the team?

Marrdro
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
No LNAD, on to the "No Ron Mexico" campaign..... ;)

Mr Anderson
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't want him.

But could you imagine the kind of things we could do with Vick, Peterson, and Harvin in the backfield? That would be incredibly entertaining.

Prophet
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm a definite NO vote to Ron Mexico, unless he signs as a WR, then, maybe, after a couple shots and a partial lobotomy, I could accept him.

cogitans
07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
There is bound to be a few. Idiots floats everywhere

BBQ Platypus
07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
No.
No no no no no no no no no no no.

Not in a million years, not for a million dollars, not if he were the last quarterback on the planet, not even if he paid US to play.

Json
07-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god damn.

C Mac D
07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
"BBQ" wrote:


No.
No no no no no no no no no no no.

Not in a million years, not for a million dollars, not if he were the last quarterback on the planet.


I said the same thing about Gus Frerotte, Kelly Holcomb and Brooks Bollinger.

Um... I guess we'll see what Childress, the genius, will do.

PurplePride80
07-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't think were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?

midgensa
07-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Only about 680 pages or so to go!

cogitans
07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god damn.
Good comparison.

BBQ Platypus
07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


I can tell you why I dislike him.
Besides the character issues (which I don't believe for a minute have actually been resolved), there's the fact that he's basically a left-handed T-Jack.
We need a guy who can throw the ball down the field.
Michael Vick cannot do that.
He's basically a third running back.
And we don't need another running back - especially not now that we have Harvin.

To be honest, I think we dropped the ball when we passed on Cutler.

Prophet
07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


Who?
Oh, you must be talking about Ron Mexico (he chose that name, not me)

He has a rap sheet, he and his brother, New Mexico, are worthless bastards that get into trouble over and over again.
I don't want those types of trash on the team.

Oh yeah, one other point, he is a bad QB.

cogitans
07-28-2009, 05:49 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


Who?
Oh, you must be talking about Ron Mexico (he chose that name, not me)

He has a rap sheet, he and his brother, New Mexico, are worthless bastards that get into trouble over and over again.
I don't want those types of trash on the team.

Oh yeah, one other point, he is a bad QB.
I kind of got to thinking this should have been the Jeff George watch instead.

Prophet
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


Who?
Oh, you must be talking about Ron Mexico (he chose that name, not me)

He has a rap sheet, he and his brother, New Mexico, are worthless bastards that get into trouble over and over again.
I don't want those types of trash on the team.

Oh yeah, one other point, he is a bad QB.
I kind of got to thinking this should have been the Jeff George watch instead.


You better start that thread too.
We need as many ludicrous threads as possible so the offseason goes by quicker.

PurplePride80
07-28-2009, 05:51 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


Who?
Oh, you must be talking about Ron Mexico (he chose that name, not me)

He has a rap sheet, he and his brother, New Mexico, are worthless bastards that get into trouble over and over again.
I don't want those types of trash on the team.

Oh yeah, one other point, he is a bad QB.


Yeah, I agree he's not a good QB. But he is a playmaker, and in the right situation he can be very effective.

I don't want us to get Vick, either. The Vikings can run the ball at will, so adding Vick obviously isn't going to improve our struggling passing attack. Just not a good fit for our team. He can be effective somewhere else, though.

The reason I asked you why you dislike him so much is because I always see you constantly bashing him.

Prophet
07-28-2009, 05:58 PM
"TimmyT" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


Who?
Oh, you must be talking about Ron Mexico (he chose that name, not me)

He has a rap sheet, he and his brother, New Mexico, are worthless bastards that get into trouble over and over again.
I don't want those types of trash on the team.

Oh yeah, one other point, he is a bad QB.


Yeah, I agree he's not a good QB. But he is a playmaker, and in the right situation he can be very effective.

I don't want us to get Vick, either. The Vikings can run the ball at will, so adding Vick obviously isn't going to improve our struggling passing attack. Just not a good fit for our team. He can be effective somewhere else, though.

The reason I asked you why you dislike him so much is because I always see you constantly bashing him.


He is on my most disliked NFL current or recent player list and he doesn't bring anything to the table that the Vikings need.
He's a head-case.
I just see no reason to pursue Ron Mexico.
He might get a chance somewhere, at least this go around nobody should be stupid enough to give him a high-dollar exorbitant contract for a lackluster player...this isn't the NBA, this is a team sport.
Mexico is all about himself.
He's a class A asshat.

vikinggreg
07-28-2009, 06:25 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"TimmyT" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"TimmyT" wrote:


Now that we know Favre isn't coming back, I can understand why some people think we might take a chance on Mike Vick.

But honestly, I don't were going to go after him.

Prophet, why do you dislike Vick so much?


Who?
Oh, you must be talking about Ron Mexico (he chose that name, not me)

He has a rap sheet, he and his brother, New Mexico, are worthless bastards that get into trouble over and over again.
I don't want those types of trash on the team.

Oh yeah, one other point, he is a bad QB.


Yeah, I agree he's not a good QB. But he is a playmaker, and in the right situation he can be very effective.

I don't want us to get Vick, either. The Vikings can run the ball at will, so adding Vick obviously isn't going to improve our struggling passing attack. Just not a good fit for our team. He can be effective somewhere else, though.

The reason I asked you why you dislike him so much is because I always see you constantly bashing him.


He is on my most disliked NFL current or recent player list and he doesn't bring anything to the table that the Vikings need.
He's a head-case.
I just see no reason to pursue Ron Mexico.
He might get a chance somewhere, at least this go around nobody should be stupid enough to give him a high-dollar exorbitant contract for a lackluster player...this isn't the NBA, this is a team sport.
Mexico is all about himself.
He's a class A asshat.


He also isn't a west coast QB, didn't Mora try to fit him into that scheme and it did go too well

i_bleed_purple
07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I disliked him before the whole dogfighting thing, I still dislike him just as much.

BadlandsVikings
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
No thank you

Are there any dog farms in Minnesota, that we need to warn?

hillshaveeyesPA
07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god gol 'darnit.


The killing the animals may be the closest Jackson is to being a QB...

Mr Anderson
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:


"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god gol 'darnit.


The killing the animals may be the closest Jackson is to being a QB...

What?

raptorman
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:


"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god gol 'darnit.


The killing the animals may be the closest Jackson is to being a QB...
Actually Jackson is better then Vick

Career completion percentage.

Vick. 53.8
Tim Couch: 59.8
Jay Fiedler: 58.7
Aaron Brooks: 56.5
Joey Harrington: 56.1
T. Jackson: 58.4
Kyle Orton: 55.3
Tyler Thigpen: 54.5

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
"raptorman" wrote:


"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:


"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god gol 'darnit.


The killing the animals may be the closest Jackson is to being a QB...
Actually Jackson is better then Vick

Career completion percentage.

Vick. 53.8
Tim Couch: 59.8
Jay Fiedler: 58.7
Aaron Brooks: 56.5
Joey Harrington: 56.1
T. Jackson: 58.4
Kyle Orton: 55.3
Tyler Thigpen: 54.5



Are those numbers in the same amount of throws?
Hard to compare, if one side or the other has a significant amount more then the other. It also has to be a good amount, something like 200 i would say.

i_bleed_purple
07-28-2009, 08:17 PM
FUCK VICK!!!

raptorman
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:


"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god gol 'darnit.


The killing the animals may be the closest Jackson is to being a QB...
Actually Jackson is better then Vick

Career completion percentage.

Vick. 53.8
Tim Couch: 59.8
Jay Fiedler: 58.7
Aaron Brooks: 56.5
Joey Harrington: 56.1
T. Jackson: 58.4
Kyle Orton: 55.3
Tyler Thigpen: 54.5



Are those numbers in the same amount of throws?
Hard to compare, if one side or the other has a significant amount more then the other. It also has to be a good amount, something like 200 i would say.
What difference does it make? Fact is Vick best season was 56.8%.
But to answer your question, Orton, Brooks , Fiedler, Harrington and Couch had at least as many if not more.
And to top it off in 2006 Vick had 52.6 and a year later Harrington with the same receivers on the same team had 61.8.

Mr Anderson
07-28-2009, 08:35 PM
"raptorman" wrote:


"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:


"Json" wrote:


Tavaris is like Vick minus the killing animals part.
Fast, elusive, and can't throw worth a god gol 'darnit.


The killing the animals may be the closest Jackson is to being a QB...
Actually Jackson is better then Vick

Career completion percentage.

Vick. 53.8
Tim Couch: 59.8
Jay Fiedler: 58.7
Aaron Brooks: 56.5
Joey Harrington: 56.1
T. Jackson: 58.4
Kyle Orton: 55.3
Tyler Thigpen: 54.5



Are those numbers in the same amount of throws?
Hard to compare, if one side or the other has a significant amount more then the other. It also has to be a good amount, something like 200 i would say.
What difference does it make? Fact is Vick best season was 56.8%.
But to answer your question, Orton, Brooks , Fiedler, Harrington and Couch had at least as many if not more.
And to top it off in 2006 Vick had 52.6 and a year later Harrington with the same receivers on the same team had 61.8.

Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.

Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.

Tad7
07-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Sage is gonna be better than T-Jack though based on competition percentage.

idahovikefan7
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I would rather have TJ here than vick....and thats me saying alot

NaughtyWord
07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
"Mr" wrote:


Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.

Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.



http://allaccessmin.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/schooled_title.jpg

raptorman
07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
"Mr" wrote:


Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
No kidding?
How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.

Jereamiah
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


Now that Lord Favre is staying retired, how many of you asshats want Ron Mexico on the team?
And so it begins..... ;D

DiehardVikesFan
07-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I say he ends up in St. Louis

Mr Anderson
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM
"raptorman" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
No kidding?
How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I didn't intend to "School" you at all, like NaughtyWord so creatively pointed out. I was just commenting, I hope you didn't take it that way.

I know, .3 isn't much, but I thought Culpepper was a better example for this site. Chad Pennington's is 3 percentage points higher.

Just because they are complaining about one thing does not make it the stat to end all stats. And, "Jackson is better than Vick" is not necessarily the truth because of this stat alone. I just want him to limit mistakes, we've put the weapons around him to put him in a situation so that's all he has to do.

Purple Floyd
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
For obvious reasons I could see him going to the Raiders.(Russell and Vick in the shotgun at the same time) or secondly I could see him in Cleveland where he would be a natural fit for the Dawg Pound.

raptorman
07-29-2009, 12:38 AM
"Mr" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
No kidding?
How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.

I'm not trying to be a slick willy, I didn't intend to "School" you at all, like NaughtyWord so creatively pointed out. I was just commenting, I hope you didn't take it that way.

I know, .3 isn't much, but I thought Culpepper was a better example for this site. Chad Pennington's is 3 percentage points higher.

Just because they are complaining about one thing does not make it the stat to end all stats. And, "Jackson is better than Vick" is not necessarily the truth because of this stat alone. I just want him to limit mistakes, we've put the weapons around him to put him in a situation so that's all he has to do.
Don’t worry, I don’t consider a childish act such as “schooled” to bother me.


I guess my point in this whole thing is that everyone thinks Vick is some great QB.
Fact is, he is a running back that can throw the ball better than most.
If Atlanta had put him in the backfield with a QB that can at least throw the ball they would have been on to the wildcat offense 7 years ago.
And I never feel one stat is a tell all. But for QB’s completion percentage is a big stat.
Except for some reason Vick gets a pass.
I would rather have the Vikings teach Peterson how to throw then for them to sign Vick.


For me the most telling tale on Vick is the fact that in 2007 with the same basic receiving
core Joey Harrington comes in and has a better season than any season Vick ever had throwing the ball.
Of course some of that may be the new coaches.
But really, how many NFL QBs are starting with a 53% completion average?

Tad7
07-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Trey Wingo said he spoke with someone from the Vikings organization about Vick and "they won't go down that road".

kevoncox
07-29-2009, 01:09 AM
"raptorman" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
No kidding?
How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.

I'm not trying to be a slick willy, I didn't intend to "School" you at all, like NaughtyWord so creatively pointed out. I was just commenting, I hope you didn't take it that way.

I know, .3 isn't much, but I thought Culpepper was a better example for this site. Chad Pennington's is 3 percentage points higher.

Just because they are complaining about one thing does not make it the stat to end all stats. And, "Jackson is better than Vick" is not necessarily the truth because of this stat alone. I just want him to limit mistakes, we've put the weapons around him to put him in a situation so that's all he has to do.
Don’t worry, I don’t consider a childish act such as “schooled” to bother me.


I guess my point in this whole thing is that everyone thinks Vick is some great QB.
Fact is, he is a running back that can throw the ball better than most.
If Atlanta had put him in the backfield with a QB that can at least throw the ball they would have been on to the wildcat offense 7 years ago.
And I never feel one stat is a tell all. But for QB’s completion percentage is a big stat.
Except for some reason Vick gets a pass.
I would rather have the Vikings teach Peterson how to throw then for them to sign Vick.



For me the most telling tale on Vick is the fact that in 2007 with the same basic receiving
core Joey Harrington comes in and has a better season than any season Vick ever had throwing the ball.
Of course some of that may be the new coaches.
But really, how many NFL QBs are starting with a 53% completion average?




I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

raptorman
07-29-2009, 01:40 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.
So its his WR's that were the problem not him? All 5 years of his career. Amazing. OK, maybe I should take that to the T-jack thread and use that for his bad year in 2007. After all look who he had. A couple of rookies, Robert Ferguson, Troy "Stone Hands" Williamson and Bobby Wade.

Marrdro
07-29-2009, 04:07 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

kevoncox
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

i_bleed_purple
07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.

kevoncox
07-29-2009, 11:48 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.


If you read my terrible post, you would see I mentioned Crumpler. Who has done nothing...since Vick!

i_bleed_purple
07-29-2009, 11:55 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.


If you read my terrible post, you would see I mentioned Crumpler. Who has done nothing...since Vick!


because Vick relied on him, Gave him more catches.
In Tennessee there are other options and a QB who's capable of going through his progression.
You have to believe Crumpler is a primary target for vick on most pass plays.

kevoncox
07-29-2009, 12:03 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:




I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.


If you read my terrible post, you would see I mentioned Crumpler. Who has done nothing...since Vick!


because Vick relied on him, Gave him more catches.
In Tennessee there are other options and a QB who's capable of going through his progression.

You have to believe Crumpler is a primary target for vick on most pass plays.


Who were the Tenn options? LOl! Are you serious?
Collins had 12 Tds last season. They had no options in the passing game.

i_bleed_purple
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:






I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.


If you read my terrible post, you would see I mentioned Crumpler. Who has done nothing...since Vick!


because Vick relied on him, Gave him more catches.
In Tennessee there are other options and a QB who's capable of going through his progression.

You have to believe Crumpler is a primary target for vick on most pass plays.


Who were the Tenn options? LOl! Are you serious?
Collins had 12 Tds last season. They had no options in the passing game.


two competent backs and an offense that seemed to like vertical passing better.
They also had Justin Gage and Brandon Jones, but I guess you wouldn't know about them, since they don't make sportscenter that often.

hillshaveeyesPA
07-29-2009, 01:01 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:






I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.


If you read my terrible post, you would see I mentioned Crumpler. Who has done nothing...since Vick!


because Vick relied on him, Gave him more catches.
In Tennessee there are other options and a QB who's capable of going through his progression.

You have to believe Crumpler is a primary target for vick on most pass plays.


Who were the Tenn options? LOl! Are you serious?
Collins had 12 Tds last season. They had no options in the passing game.


They had White and Johnson putting the ball in the endzone everytime!

Marrdro
07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.


Ya lost me at........


TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
You must be talking only about his last year.
::)

cogitans
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:


I say he ends up in St. Louis
I could see that happen.

I think perhaps Jacksonville could also be a probablility.

He might not even get a shot anywhere though. At least not right away.

jmcdon00
07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Vick made the running game much better. His last 3 years with Atlanta(2004-2006) they lead the league in rushing yards and rushing average. I know we are already a running team(5th in yards 6th in average in 2008) but I think Vick would make us one of the more dominating rush offenses of all time(if he's as good as he was of course). I don't think our passing game would suffer much either. It sure would be exciting.

marstc09
07-29-2009, 04:32 PM
NFL radio is saying Vikes not interested.

i_bleed_purple
07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


NFL radio is saying Vikes not interested.

Good

BloodyHorns82
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't' see how anybody who didn't want Favre here, could want Vick.

One is a douchebag 3 time MVP well passed his prime and the other is a convicted fellon with questionable self conduct who is slightly passed his prime.

I wasn't completely against Favre coming here and I'm not completely against Vick.
It would be exciting to see what would happen.
My fear is 11 in the box and still unable to hit a WR.

kevoncox
07-29-2009, 05:10 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:








I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.

Your forgetting also Vick had Algie Crumpler, not exactly a rookie.
He was av ery reliable go to option for him, pretty much all he would throw to, since he couldn't make through the reads, and was available for a dump off pass while on the run.


If you read my terrible post, you would see I mentioned Crumpler. Who has done nothing...since Vick!


because Vick relied on him, Gave him more catches.
In Tennessee there are other options and a QB who's capable of going through his progression.

You have to believe Crumpler is a primary target for vick on most pass plays.


Who were the Tenn options? LOl! Are you serious?
Collins had 12 Tds last season. They had no options in the passing game.


two competent backs and an offense that seemed to like vertical passing better.
They also had Justin Gage and Brandon Jones, but I guess you wouldn't know about them, since they don't make sportscenter that often.


You assume too much my friend. I know more about Gage than you know. I also know that they are not reliable WRs. Again Crumpler would still be the biggest talent on that roster( minus the knee surgery). You can't honestly try and sell me Gage as a talent!

marstc09
07-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Fuck it. Bring him in. Why not.

kevoncox
07-29-2009, 05:12 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.


Ya lost me at........


TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
You must be talking only about his last year.

::)


An over the hill PP and further over the hill TD doesn't count. The guy was working with rookies, 1st year and 2nd year players. TJ however, always worked with Vets of different caliber talent.

jmcdon00
07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I don't' see how anybody who didn't want Favre here, could want Vick.

One is a douchebag 3 time MVP well passed his prime and the other is a convicted fellon with questionable self conduct who is slightly passed his prime.

I wasn't completely against Favre coming here and I'm not completely against Vick.
It would be exciting to see what would happen.
My fear is 11 in the box and still unable to hit a WR.

Totally different types of douchebag, and one is a Packer legend. I can live with some dog killing but you start raping sheep that crosses the line in my book.
;D
And at 29 Vick should be in his prime, though I suspect his best days are behind him.

vikinggreg
07-29-2009, 08:39 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Fuck it. Bring him in. Why not.


Because he's not a west coast QB

so-cal vike
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Fuck it. Bring him in. Why not.


Because he's not a west coast QB


Because he's a head case.

The Vikings don't need anymore bad publicity.

He was a great athlete but only a fair QB.

Freakout
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


floop it. Bring him in. Why not.


Because he's not a west coast QB


At this point I'm not even sure we really run the WCO.
Maybe some distorted form of it.

Marrdro
07-30-2009, 07:41 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
----------------------------------
Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... ::)


So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
and Vick was expected to succeed with them?

And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?

TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
That is the diffence.
I have already explained how Roddy White was more interested in going to the club than playing on Sundays during Vick's tenure. Don't believe me....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface120508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
read it.

ATL had a lot of issues in there passing game, not just Vick. A line that could not block for the pass, because of their weaken and undersized nature. The same OL was a patchwork of under acheivers and never weres.
Tj has been given a solid line. You might think they are poor at pass blocking but I believe we are above the league average with solid studs across the board. Tj was given Vet Wrs. Not the most talented bunch but not a bunch trying to figure out what's more important to them.

The only weapon that Vick was given was Crumpler, who has done nothing without Vick. As for the to headed coin, can't you use your same logic for Vick instead of condemning his passing skills, see that an organization that has never had BACK TO BACK WINNING SEASONS might have some serious issues. After all that crappy QB Vick, has toppled every stat your Amazing TJ has ever tried for.


Ya lost me at........


TJ had Vets
Vick had Rookies.
You must be talking only about his last year.

::)


An over the hill PP and further over the hill TD doesn't count. The guy was working with rookies, 1st year and 2nd year players. TJ however, always worked with Vets of different caliber talent.

Now its vets that are over the hill and vets of different caliber talent.

Ya still lost me.
;)

raptorman
07-30-2009, 09:06 AM
From 2001, Vicks rookie season to 2003 Vick had a completion percentage of 52.2%. Doug Johnson his backup, played in 19 games and started 9 of them. Had a completion percentage of 57.5%.
Now I am sure you will come back and say that Vick was young and inexperienced. Won't work. Johnson had only been in the league 1 more year then Vick.
So for Vick the WR's dropped balls and for Johnson they did much better.
Keep telling us that its the receivers fault.

marstc09
07-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Vick-to-Pats rumor continues to pick up steam
Posted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2009 1:33 PM ET

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/31/vick-to-pats-rumor-continues-to-pick-up-steam/

kevoncox
08-02-2009, 01:12 AM
"raptorman" wrote:


From 2001, Vicks rookie season to 2003 Vick had a completion percentage of 52.2%. Doug Johnson his backup, played in 19 games and started 9 of them. Had a completion percentage of 57.5%.
Now I am sure you will come back and say that Vick was young and inexperienced. Won't work. Johnson had only been in the league 1 more year then Vick.
So for Vick the WR's dropped balls and for Johnson they did much better.

Keep telling us that its the receivers fault.


You are comparing his backups stats to his. His back up could have come in an threw 2 passes and leave the game with a 100+ QB rating.
Outside of the 9 games, what teams did he play? Was the 9 games against top passing defenses? Its too small a sample my friend.

What I love is that to discredit Vick you all forcus on his passing. Why not view the entire picture?
It's not like we will sign him and he will leave his legs at home. It's like saying you don't want peterson because he cannot catch the ball out of the backfield well. if you just focus on that one aspect of his game he is a below average RB, however, when you view all the talents he has you see the monster that you are really up against.

More on point, I still think VIck is a better Qb than the guys we have on the roster. Vick did everything he did with a crap team. Tj hads all the talent in the world( except WR) and he cannot excel. Put Vick on this team and at the helm and I believe he will blow Tj's numbers away.

hillshaveeyesPA
08-02-2009, 01:32 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


From 2001, Vicks rookie season to 2003 Vick had a completion percentage of 52.2%. Doug Johnson his backup, played in 19 games and started 9 of them. Had a completion percentage of 57.5%.
Now I am sure you will come back and say that Vick was young and inexperienced. Won't work. Johnson had only been in the league 1 more year then Vick.
So for Vick the WR's dropped balls and for Johnson they did much better.

Keep telling us that its the receivers fault.


You are comparing his backups stats to his. His back up could have come in an threw 2 passes and leave the game with a 100+ QB rating.
Outside of the 9 games, what teams did he play? Was the 9 games against top passing defenses? Its too small a sample My Sexy Little Pixie.

What I love is that to discredit Vick you all forcus on his passing. Why not view the entire picture?
It's not like we will sign him and he will leave his legs at home. It's like saying you don't want peterson because he cannot catch the ball out of the backfield well. if you just focus on that one aspect of his game he is a below average RB, however, when you view all the talents he has you see the monster that you are really up against.

More on point, I still think VIck is a better Qb than the guys we have on the roster. Vick did everything he did with a crap team. Tj hads all the talent in the world( except WR) and he cannot excel. Put Vick on this team and at the helm and I believe he will blow Tj's numbers away.


I understand that completely... Vick is an all around threat... Pittsburgh played them with the #1 Defense and in those games Falcons Defense didnt help one bit!

raptorman
08-02-2009, 10:29 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


From 2001, Vicks rookie season to 2003 Vick had a completion percentage of 52.2%. Doug Johnson his backup, played in 19 games and started 9 of them. Had a completion percentage of 57.5%.
Now I am sure you will come back and say that Vick was young and inexperienced. Won't work. Johnson had only been in the league 1 more year then Vick.
So for Vick the WR's dropped balls and for Johnson they did much better.

Keep telling us that its the receivers fault.


You are comparing his backups stats to his. His back up could have come in an threw 2 passes and leave the game with a 100+ QB rating.
Outside of the 9 games, what teams did he play? Was the 9 games against top passing defenses? Its too small a sample My Sexy Little Pixie.

What I love is that to discredit Vick you all forcus on his passing. Why not view the entire picture?
It's not like we will sign him and he will leave his legs at home. It's like saying you don't want peterson because he cannot catch the ball out of the backfield well. if you just focus on that one aspect of his game he is a below average RB, however, when you view all the talents he has you see the monster that you are really up against.

More on point, I still think VIck is a better Qb than the guys we have on the roster. Vick did everything he did with a crap team. Tj hads all the talent in the world( except WR) and he cannot excel. Put Vick on this team and at the helm and I believe he will blow Tj's numbers away.
The teams Johnson played against in 02-03 had a winning percentage of 59.7%. The teams Vick played in 02-03 had a winning percentage of 47%.
5 of the teams Johnson Played against in 03 went to the playoff. Those 5 teams had a combined record of 57-23. So it’s not like he played 9 games against Detroit.
In that two year period, Vicks 19 starts he beat
1 team with a winning record. Granted Johnson didn’t beat any teams with a winning record either.


Most people complain that Jackson can’t beat teams when he needs to. Vick can’t beat good teams.
In 2006, the year many consider to be Vicks best year, once again, he beat no team with a record above .500
You may take his running into play, but even that has decreased during the years.
Vicks best year was actually 2002 when he scored 24 Tds.
16 passing and 8 running.
Sure he gets yardage when he runs but it did not equate to wins.


And don’t go off on how he never had any good backs to back him up. Since 02 he had Dunn and Duckett
in the backfield.
So it falls onto the fact that his WR’s weren’t any good since he joined the league.
And he had better Defense’s his last three years then Ryan and Harrington had the last two years.

Marrdro
08-02-2009, 11:01 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


From 2001, Vicks rookie season to 2003 Vick had a completion percentage of 52.2%. Doug Johnson his backup, played in 19 games and started 9 of them. Had a completion percentage of 57.5%.
Now I am sure you will come back and say that Vick was young and inexperienced. Won't work. Johnson had only been in the league 1 more year then Vick.
So for Vick the WR's dropped balls and for Johnson they did much better.

Keep telling us that its the receivers fault.


You are comparing his backups stats to his. His back up could have come in an threw 2 passes and leave the game with a 100+ QB rating.
Outside of the 9 games, what teams did he play? Was the 9 games against top passing defenses? Its too small a sample My Sexy Little Pixie.

What I love is that to discredit Vick you all forcus on his passing. Why not view the entire picture?
It's not like we will sign him and he will leave his legs at home. It's like saying you don't want peterson because he cannot catch the ball out of the backfield well. if you just focus on that one aspect of his game he is a below average RB, however, when you view all the talents he has you see the monster that you are really up against.

More on point, I still think VIck is a better Qb than the guys we have on the roster. Vick did everything he did with a crap team. Tj hads all the talent in the world( except WR) and he cannot excel. Put Vick on this team and at the helm and I believe he will blow Tj's numbers away.

Don't lump me in with that crowd.
Although I don't believe he is the most prolific of passers (actually have him pretty low), the reason I don't want him on this team is because of the PR nightmare and how it relates to the stadium effort.

kevoncox
08-02-2009, 11:04 AM
You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.

raptorman
08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.

V4L
08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
"raptorman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.




Could it also be because they added pieces to thier line.. D started getting people off the field.. Turner is a very very very good back.. Roddy quit partying and being a young kid and blossomed in his 3rd year like many WRs

Im not for having Vick here.. But Vick had no one to throw the ball to.. They tried adding an over the hill Joe Horn to try to help

I feel he was a decent passer.. With a better team could have completed about 60 percent of his passes..

kevoncox
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
"raptorman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.



The issues ddn't go away. Their oline has an injection of first round talent. Roddy White decided to have career transformation. I have already shown youhow he was in jepody of being cut. Jenkins is still up and down but his season turned around due a real RB threat. They have gotten rid of a lot of people on defense. Hall, Milloy, ect. Their Lb corps is changed as is their DL. The 06 Falcons and the 2009 Falcons are two different teams.

kevoncox
08-02-2009, 07:44 PM
"raptorman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.



You don't just rush for 1000 yards and say it's because he can run. He is exceptional at it. He has a very unique talent for findings holes and gain yards using his feet. When you Average 8.3 yards per rush....That is as good as any passing stat to me. It tells me that you can be depended on to get the first down thru the air or ground.

so-cal vike
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.



You don't just rush for 1000 yards and say it's because he can run. He is exceptional at it. He has a very unique talent for findings holes and gain yards using his feet. When you Average 8.3 yards per rush....That is as good as any passing stat to me. It tells me that you can be depended on to get the first down thru the air or ground.


But you can't depend on Vick to get the first down thru the air, it's his ability to run which he is noted for.
8.3 yards per rush is a great stat... for a running back, unless you're talking about redefining the QB position.

kevoncox
08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
"so-cal" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.



You don't just rush for 1000 yards and say it's because he can run. He is exceptional at it. He has a very unique talent for findings holes and gain yards using his feet. When you Average 8.3 yards per rush....That is as good as any passing stat to me. It tells me that you can be depended on to get the first down thru the air or ground.


But you can't depend on Vick to get the first down thru the air, it's his ability to run which he is noted for.
8.3 yards per rush is a great stat... for a running back, unless you're talking about redefining the QB position.


I don't care who is running. When you average 8.3 on the ground you are a game changed.
On 3rd and 5, if no one is open, whith Vick's average we still get the first down. The obect of the game is to move the ball. Do you really care if the Qb does it on the ground vs. in the air? I don't. I am tired o all the stalled drives we have once we hit the 20.

Also I would put Vicks passing skills just above Tj's...but he pulls away when it comes to his legs.(Again old Vick)

so-cal vike
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"so-cal" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.



You don't just rush for 1000 yards and say it's because he can run. He is exceptional at it. He has a very unique talent for findings holes and gain yards using his feet. When you Average 8.3 yards per rush....That is as good as any passing stat to me. It tells me that you can be depended on to get the first down thru the air or ground.


But you can't depend on Vick to get the first down thru the air, it's his ability to run which he is noted for.
8.3 yards per rush is a great stat... for a running back, unless you're talking about redefining the QB position.


I don't care who is running. When you average 8.3 on the ground you are a game changed.
On 3rd and 5, if no one is open, whith Vick's average we still get the first down. The obect of the game is to move the ball. Do you really care if the Qb does it on the ground vs. in the air? I don't. I am tired o all the stalled drives we have once we hit the 20.

Also I would put Vicks passing skills just above Tj's...but he pulls away when it comes to his legs.(Again old Vick)


Yes I do.
The ability to scramble is vital for today's QB but it is a secondary quality.
A QB must be able to rely on his ability to pass the ball.
Super Bowls are not won on the ground alone.

kevoncox
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
"so-cal" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"so-cal" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"raptorman" wrote:




You just ethered yourargument but saying Dunn and DUCKETTT were good backs. Dunn is a talented back. But the majority of plays ATL ran for him were up the middle.

That program / team had major QB killing issues.
Right up until the day Vick left.
Then all those issues went away.
The WR's became good, the O-line became good heck even the new QB did better.
The only one killing the QB position in ATL was Vick.
Fact is his backup did better passing in 2003 then he did, and against better teams.
Sure he can run, so lets put Taylor and Peterson in the backfield at the same time and let one of them throw the ball.
They couldn't do any worse then Vick.



You don't just rush for 1000 yards and say it's because he can run. He is exceptional at it. He has a very unique talent for findings holes and gain yards using his feet. When you Average 8.3 yards per rush....That is as good as any passing stat to me. It tells me that you can be depended on to get the first down thru the air or ground.


But you can't depend on Vick to get the first down thru the air, it's his ability to run which he is noted for.
8.3 yards per rush is a great stat... for a running back, unless you're talking about redefining the QB position.


I don't care who is running. When you average 8.3 on the ground you are a game changed.
On 3rd and 5, if no one is open, whith Vick's average we still get the first down. The obect of the game is to move the ball. Do you really care if the Qb does it on the ground vs. in the air? I don't. I am tired o all the stalled drives we have once we hit the 20.

Also I would put Vicks passing skills just above Tj's...but he pulls away when it comes to his legs.(Again old Vick)


Yes I do.
The ability to scramble is vital for today's QB but it is a secondary quality.
A QB must be able to rely on his ability to pass the ball.
Super Bowls are not won on the ground alone.


I agree, i simply think that what Vick was able to do with his legs is truly remarkable. He appeared to be blossoming as a passer and both make for a dangerous combo. I really do think he was a better QB than TJ, who plays very similary to Vick (minus the rushing yards)

raptorman
08-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Running is great, and I never said he couldn’t run. Problem is when has the last team with a running QB won the Super Bowl?
So put him in the backfield with a QB that can throw and see what he can do.
Here’s a little something for you to look at.
Vicks record vs his completion percentage.

8-6-1 54.9%
3-1 50%
11-4 56.4%
8-7 55.3%
7-9 52.6%

Notice anything?
Let me sort it for you.

3-1 50%
7-9 52.6%
8-6-1 54.9%
8-7 55.3%
11-4 56.4%

Funny thing, when you do it with his running stats or add his running stats into it, it has no effect on it.
The better he threw the ball, the better they did.
And I sure hope the MN QB’s don’t “blossom” like Vick did or we are screwed.

kevoncox
08-03-2009, 09:48 AM
"raptorman" wrote:


Running is great, and I never said he couldn’t run. Problem is when has the last team with a running QB won the Super Bowl?
So put him in the backfield with a QB that can throw and see what he can do.
Here’s a little something for you to look at.
Vicks record vs his completion percentage.

8-6-1 54.9%
3-1 50%
11-4 56.4%
8-7 55.3%
7-9 52.6%

Notice anything?
Let me sort it for you.

3-1 50%
7-9 52.6%
8-6-1 54.9%
8-7 55.3%
11-4 56.4%

Funny thing, when you do it with his running stats or add his running stats into it, it has no effect on it.
The better he threw the ball, the better they did.
And I sure hope the MN QB’s don’t “blossom” like Vick did or we are screwed.




I love when people throw out stats with no context. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Seriously, there are so many variables to look at that I'm not sure where to start making your logical assessment invalid. Passing % are misleading when used like that....

1 for 1 for a QB is the same as 400 for 400.
Two completely different types of Qbs but similar completions. Did you gauge the 2 different type of offenses he played under while in ATL. Here is a hint. Take a look at Dunn's reception and you will find that one used running backs as a checkdown. Checkdown passes = high completion rate. Mora's system was a bit less vertical and lacked the same checkdowns (my sources are some Marrado like guys at a falcon messageboard). Again, stats are misleading and have to be viewed with open eyes.

snowinapril
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
It is officially unofficial. Mike Vick is going to end up somewhere east of the Mississippi River.

That eliminates us.

On NFLN, they said that the Vick camp gave this statement.
It is a matter of when and who, they made it sound like they are getting close to a deal.

???

2beersTommy
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


It is officially unofficial. Mike Vick is going to end up somewhere east of the Mississippi River.

That eliminates us.

On NFLN, they said that the Vick camp gave this statement.
It is a matter of when and who, they made it sound like they are getting close to a deal.

???


they also said that the Steelers were the best fit for him..dunno why

Prophet
08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
"2beersTommy" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


It is officially unofficial. Mike Vick is going to end up somewhere east of the Mississippi River.

That eliminates us.

On NFLN, they said that the Vick camp gave this statement.
It is a matter of when and who, they made it sound like they are getting close to a deal.

???


they also said that the Steelers were the best fit for him..dunno why



He's going to ink with the Packers.
I sure hope this is true.

i_bleed_purple
08-05-2009, 09:46 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


It is officially unofficial. Mike Vick is going to end up somewhere east of the Mississippi River.

That eliminates us.



IMO we were never in it to begin with, and thank god for that.

Prophet
08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
No Winners in Ron Mexico Soap Opera (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/05/no-winners-in-michael-vick-soap-opera/)
Posted Aug 05, 2009 11:45PM
By David Whitley

raptorman
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Was Michael Vick a Worthy NFL Starting QB Even Before Going to Prison?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229610-was-michael-vick-a-worthy-nfl-starting-qb-even-before-going-to-prison

Prophet
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
"raptorman" wrote:


Was Michael Vick a Worthy NFL Starting QB Even Before Going to Prison?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229610-was-michael-vick-a-worthy-nfl-starting-qb-even-before-going-to-prison


No, I never liked him as a QB.
Ever.

jmcdon00
09-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Vick is a starter again!!!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab9f7a/article/reid-switches-gears-picks-vick-over-kolb-as-eagles-qb?module=breaking_news

I love watching this guy play. I hope he tears it up and proves the doubters wrong.

Prophet
09-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Impossible for him to prove me wrong. Hmmm, a guy that got a venereal disease from a skank and used the alias Ron Mexico to try to cover it up. A guy that tortured animals and is one step away from making lamp shades out of the hides of frat boys.

I will be surprised if he ever develops into something other than a running QB with sporadic passing abilities. He is an injury waiting to happen and he ain't getting any younger. Count me as perpetually off the Ron Mexico bandwagon.

jmcdon00
09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Prophet wrote:

Impossible for him to prove me wrong. Hmmm, a guy that got a venereal disease from a skank and used the alias Ron Mexico to try to cover it up. A guy that tortured animals and is one step away from making lamp shades out of the hides of frat boys.

I will be surprised if he ever develops into something other than a running QB with sporadic passing abilities. He is an injury waiting to happen and he ain't getting any younger. Count me as perpetually off the Ron Mexico bandwagon.
Keep hating, Vick will continue to prove you wrong.
Vick is back and better than ever. Can you say MVP?

Prophet
09-22-2010, 06:36 AM
jmcdon00 wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Impossible for him to prove me wrong. Hmmm, a guy that got a venereal disease from a skank and used the alias Ron Mexico to try to cover it up. A guy that tortured animals and is one step away from making lamp shades out of the hides of frat boys.

I will be surprised if he ever develops into something other than a running QB with sporadic passing abilities. He is an injury waiting to happen and he ain't getting any younger. Count me as perpetually off the Ron Mexico bandwagon.
Keep hating, Vick will continue to prove you wrong.
Vick is back and better than ever. Can you say MVP?

People earn their respect, it is not just given to them. Ron Mexico has earned my disrespect and his flashes of competency do not smother out his character flaws. Fuck Ron Mexico.