PDA

View Full Version : Fran "da man" didnt make the top ten list of ESPN

Vikestand
02-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Deserving people to win a ring....They had Jim Kelly on there instead...Now Jim was good but Fran deserved it more I mean just look at his stats....But I geuss that is just a biased opinion....Any thoughts?

Oh by the way its good to be back :salute:

cajunvike
02-11-2005, 08:41 PM
ESPN = Viking hatin', Favre asskissin' media whores

Burley81
02-11-2005, 09:18 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

ESPN = Viking hatin', Favre asskissin' media whoresTrue dat.

DemonicViking
02-11-2005, 09:31 PM
It's us against the world. I don't think I'd have it any other way. *beep*, no vikings football in almost a month. I hope next season gets here fast.

ultravikingfan
02-11-2005, 09:49 PM
"Vikestand" wrote:

Deserving people to win a ring....They had Jim Kelly on there instead...Now Jim was good but Fran deserved it more I mean just look at his stats....But I geuss that is just a biased opinion....Any thoughts?

Oh by the way its good to be back :salute:

Thats is a tough one. Both were great and very derserving.

shockzilla
02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
There is NO WAY that Fran doesn't deserve to be there - he took us to 3 Super Bowls, and until Marino came along, held a lot of the career passing records - his records DO speak for themselves...

TheAnimal93
02-12-2005, 05:01 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

dont forget the new darling, tom"i have butt cheeks on my chin" brady

how quickly they forget. they seem to forget that if the vikings didnt go up against some of the greatest teams in football history they would have won at least oneSB. the steel curtain, hanks chiefs(the start of gatorade).

who care about them anyway. they are just big pusses that dont like the cold and dont want to have to go up there and cover anything. they will be crying because the SB is in detroit this year. its too cold. my puddy hurts. lol.
they can spread the hate all they want. its falling on deaf ears. i dont even watch those jackasses anymore. they have become quite boring!!!!
quote that!!! lol

BBQ Platypus
02-12-2005, 09:58 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Every department of every newspaper or TV network in the country is staffed by whores.

vikoles
02-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Complette and utter DISGRACE for Francis NOT to be there that is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LosAngelis
02-13-2005, 11:12 AM
I will say this....I think Fran probably should be on the list, though I didn't see the list and don't know who else was on it.

One problem is that Fran played in the 70's, and really, the 80's were kind of the glory years where football kind of reinvented itself as entertainment as well as sport.

Also, most people 40 and younger never saw him play, and that's an increasingly larger number of media workers.

So, in some way, the 70's kind of get lumped into "historical teams", a bunch of black and white movie clips featuring players in leather helmets. I know that isn't true, but you're right...there's going to be less and less respect for players who played in the 70's, simply because fewer and fewer people saw games during that period.

Fran was the 70's version of Jim Kelly. It's just more people remember Jim Kelly playing.

ultravikingfan
02-13-2005, 02:18 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I will say this....I think Fran probably should be on the list, though I didn't see the list and don't know who else was on it.

One problem is that Fran played in the 70's, and really, the 80's were kind of the glory years where football kind of reinvented itself as entertainment as well as sport.

Also, most people 40 and younger never saw him play, and that's an increasingly larger number of media workers.

So, in some way, the 70's kind of get lumped into "historical teams", a bunch of black and white movie clips featuring players in leather helmets. I know that isn't true, but you're right...there's going to be less and less respect for players who played in the 70's, simply because fewer and fewer people saw games during that period.

Fran was the 70's version of Jim Kelly. It's just more people remember Jim Kelly playing.

I never thought of it that way. Sive Kelly is in our more recent memory, that is why he is on there as opposed to Fran.

TARK10
02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Hello Viking fans. I am a fifty year old twenty three year Viking fan. I grew up in NY and saw Fran play when he was still a Giant. When he was traded back to Minnesota, my allegiance followed. I have worn the purple shirt to games in Tampa 76, Miami 79, Houston 86, Kansas City 99, and most recently here in Houston in 2004. I pose this question. ESPN has a great series called Sportscentury. They have profiled many great athletes over the years, yet Tarkenton has has always been overlooked. He has always been my favorite football player. I just found your website recently and look forward to being an active member. My wife and I may fly to Minnesota for a game in 2005. For a 50 year old fan of 23 years, this would surely be a dream come true. Any comments on Sportscentury and can we E mail them regarding a show on Tarkenton...

Paulbedy59
02-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Fran should be on any list far as I,m concerned.He was the prototype for todays mobile quarterbacks.Only better...

ultravikingfan
02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

I never thought of it that way. Since Kelly is in our more recent memory, that is why he is on there as opposed to Fran.

ultravikingfan
02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
"TARK10" wrote:

Hello Viking fans. I am a fifty year old twenty three year Viking fan. I grew up in NY and saw Fran play when he was still a Giant. When he was traded back to Minnesota, my allegiance followed. I have worn the purple shirt to games in Tampa 76, Miami 79, Houston 86, Kansas City 99, and most recently here in Houston in 2004. I pose this question. ESPN has a great series called Sportscentury. They have profiled many great athletes over the years, yet Tarkenton has has always been overlooked. He has always been my favorite football player. I just found your website recently and look forward to being an active member. My wife and I may fly to Minnesota for a game in 2005. For a 50 year old fan of 23 years, this would surely be a dream come true. Any comments on Sportscentury and can we E mail them regarding a show on Tarkenton...

Welcome to the site Tark10. Go here and get your free beer! http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewforum.php?f=31
Start a New Topic!

XTAP59
02-13-2005, 09:18 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

ESPN = Viking hatin', Favre asskissin' media whoresTrue dat.

Yes, just look at the pro bowl. Mcnabb starts instead of Culpepper. Pep had by far superior stats.