PDA

View Full Version : Judge orders jury trial in Stringer suit

singersp
07-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Judge orders jury trial in Stringer suit (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4324917)

Updated: July 13, 2009, 4:30 PM ET

By Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com

The family of former Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman Korey Stringer won an important legal victory Monday against the manufacturer of the helmets and shoulder pads he wore when he died nearly eight years ago from complications of heatstroke....

V4L
07-14-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't think they should be entitled to anything

Just have Riddel start printing on there that ur a dumbass if u push urself to hard in the heat with our shit on

singersp
07-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Stringer lawsuit wins a key ruling
(http://min.scout.com/2/879020.html)

By John Holler
VikingUpdate.com
Posted Jul 14, 2009

The widow of former Vikings tackle Korey Stringer won a key legal battle Monday when a judge ordered a jury trial in the family’s lawsuit against equipment manufacturer Riddell...

False Elk
07-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Didn't Korey take ephedra pills? Or were they just found in his locker? Cuz if he was taking those pills he is responsible for his own death imo. That stuff makes you heat up!

V4L
07-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Im not quite sure if he was or not

But I don't think the Stringer's should get money from Riddell

Mark_The_Viking
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
once again litigation takes away the responsibility of the individual. Common sense is a dying attribute.

That daft cow with the hot coffee from Mcdonlads has a lot to answer for >:(

i_bleed_purple
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
just another example of how fucked up the legal system is.

In his ruling, Judge Holschuh concluded that it was “reasonably foreseeable” that wearing the helmet and shoulder pads in extremely hot and humid conditions might cause a player to suffer from heatstroke, adding that Riddell “owed Stringer a duty to warn.”

Well no shit.
Not wearing a helmet and shoulder pads can cause injury or even death.
Typing on a keyboard can contribute to you developing Carpal Tunnel, are you supposed to sue Dell now?
Or how about the company that made the chair I'm sitting on.
I'm sure if it were placed a little further back, or at a different height my wrist position woudl be different.

IMO, 100% of the blame for this tragic incident is on firstly, Stringer, secondly, the trainers, thirdly, whatever medication he was on.