PDA

View Full Version : Tagliabue confirms vikes sale talks

muchluv4smoot
02-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Forgive me if this has been talked about already, but I just saw this story on kfan.

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=97FF21F4-B420-450F-8540-6DD67C664A72

ultravikingfan
02-05-2005, 10:46 AM
This is the portion I do not like:

"Tagliabue also said placing a team in Los Angeles remains a priority for the league. The Vikings are widely considered to be a primary candidate if any current team is moved"

muchluv4smoot
02-05-2005, 10:50 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

This is the portion I do not like:

"Tagliabue also said placing a team in Los Angeles remains a priority for the league. The Vikings are widely considered to be a primary candidate if any current team is moved"

That would only apply to us, if red doesn't sell the team. So I am not too worried about that, if he is indeed close to a sale.

JTSnow
02-05-2005, 01:55 PM
We must sell the team SOON.

JohnnyBGoode
02-05-2005, 04:15 PM
If the vikes get moved, then the packers will have to go back to their old border rivalry in the bears, which isnt the classic battle it once was. Thats the best thing about the pack, they will never be moved. oh the joy of small town team ownership...

V4L
02-05-2005, 04:22 PM
the pack sux...

Burley81
02-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Both the Vikings and Saints are talking about moving to L.A. :scratch:

PurpleRide
02-05-2005, 08:50 PM
It wouldn't be the fault of the NFL if the team moves everyone. This is the only state where a staduim bill cannot be passed. I think we have a problem in St. Paul. A BIG problem. Are we really smarter than the rest of the country because we don't put money down for a new stadium? Hmm....The Xcel center was built with public money, the target center, and the dome as well. But some of these A$$es in St. Paul won't even talk about helping Minnesotas most popular team build a staduim. I'm sick of people saying we will have to close schools and close roads if a stadium is built,(Hasn't happend anyware else in the country, doubt it will happen here) or the other poor excuse "why should I pay for a staduim when a billionare owens the team" The state has pulled billions of dollars into the state since pro teams have came to Minnesota. The state recives money in so many ways because of Pro sports. So yes the state should put some of the cash down because the state benifits from Pro sports. IF we would ever lose the Vikings, it would not be the NFL's fault or Red's fault. The Fault would lay flat on the people in St. Paul, they know the Metrodump is way past its worth, they know the NFL brings in Millions into the state every year but they do nothing to change this except for complain and feed the dumba$$es of this state crap on why we shouldnt HELP pay for a stadium. SHOW me proof that helping teams build stadiums is so horrid for states that we shouldnt have passed a staduim bill yet!!!!!!PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!

zakvikes2k
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Tell me about it. You'd think that the way the people of Minnesota adore this team, they would help, or atleast fight for a new stadium. I mean for goodness sakes, come together with the Twins, or the Gophers, or all three, and build a stadium along with them. The design for the new stadium is awesome and is perfect for all three teams. It should be easy to get the funds together. We need to get McCombs the hell out of here.

PurplePeopleEaters
02-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Does the los angeles vikings sound right to any of you? not to me.

That would be terrible if we moved.

zakvikes2k
02-05-2005, 09:56 PM
They can't do that to Minnesota twice. They already took the Lakers, they can't have the Vikings. The Vikings are the heart and soul of Minnesota, not the Twins, T-Wolves, or Gophers. Plus they would probably end up calling them something stupid like the LA Superstars, or the LA Tide, something ridiculous like that.

ultravikingfan
02-05-2005, 11:02 PM
I have heard the Colts, believe it or not, want a new stadium and are having problems. Whether this has been resolved, I have not heard.

Also, don't the Vikes have a contract to play in MN until 2012? I thought that I read this somewhere here on the board.

XTAP59
02-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, Vikes are locked in to the stadium til 2011, unless, if the team leaves, the NFL gives the state a new francise within two years.
And with Tags talking, this may be the way it will go.

zakvikes2k
02-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Now now, we don't need to hear NO "probably's" regarding the Vikings being moved. It shouldn't happen. The city should come to an agreeance that the team needs a new stadium.

Calmwind
02-06-2005, 12:44 AM
The Vikings do bring money into the City and State, so I don't understand why the stadium deal can't get done. I took my vacation in Oct. so I could go up and cheer on our beloved Vikings with you guys. I won't get into $'s but i spent BIG and had a great time, and plan on coming back next year! So maybe it has more to do with them waiting for Red " Hey kid that's my quarter!" McSuck to sell just to push him out. Because i bet he would not be so eager to sell if a new stadium was bought for him!

zakvikes2k
02-06-2005, 12:48 AM
True that, it probably is the lil punk McCombs who is interfering with the task at hand of building a new stadium. We'll just have to wait and see, too bad I'm sick of waiting, cause talk of a new stadium has been around for about 3 years. A bit silly, you think?

snowinapril
02-06-2005, 06:49 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

It wouldn't be the fault of the NFL if the team moves everyone. This is the only state where a staduim bill cannot be passed. I think we have a problem in St. Paul. A BIG problem. Are we really smarter than the rest of the country because we don't put money down for a new stadium? Hmm....The Xcel center was built with public money, the target center, and the dome as well. But some of these A$$es in St. Paul won't even talk about helping Minnesotas most popular team build a staduim. I'm sick of people saying we will have to close schools and close roads if a stadium is built,(Hasn't happend anyware else in the country, doubt it will happen here) or the other poor excuse "why should I pay for a staduim when a billionare owens the team" The state has pulled billions of dollars into the state since pro teams have came to Minnesota. The state recives money in so many ways because of Pro sports. So yes the state should put some of the cash down because the state benifits from Pro sports. IF we would ever lose the Vikings, it would not be the NFL's fault or Red's fault. The Fault would lay flat on the people in St. Paul, they know the Metrodump is way past its worth, they know the NFL brings in Millions into the state every year but they do nothing to change this except for complain and feed the dumba$$es of this state crap on why we shouldnt HELP pay for a stadium. SHOW me proof that helping teams build stadiums is so horrid for states that we shouldnt have passed a staduim bill yet!!!!!!PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!

You are talking about politics??? Grease them palms. In order to get something like this passed there has to be a lot of shmoosing. Red didn't do enough and expected to get the stadium deal done. Plus I think he would rather move the team to LA. He would stand to make more from the sale.

Lay a tax down on all clothes and groceries. I think that MN is probably one of the only states that doesn't tax these items. (if you live in MN does this sound appealing, NO)

I think it could be done without taxing those items though.

VKG4LFE
02-06-2005, 10:27 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Does the los angeles vikings sound right to any of you? not to me.

That would be terrible if we moved.

Does the Los Angeles Lakers sound right to you? Nope!

Articnv
02-06-2005, 02:05 PM
The stadium bill can got through as this is a contarct year for the state employees. The state employees have not gotten a raise and had there benifits reduced and insurance costses raised. If a stadium bill went through and teh stae employees did not get a agrabelcontract th unions woudl strike again. Blame The governers for the messes

hovan
02-06-2005, 11:06 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Forgive me if this has been talked about already, but I just saw this story on kfan.

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=97FF21F4-B420-450F-8540-6DD67C664A72

:brave: Free us from the penny pincher

PurpleRide
02-06-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry but state employees need to shut their trap. Half of them are overpaid office workers with no degrees. Remember last time they went on strike? Take the hit like the rest of us. There are more important issues in this state. We shouldnt have to be held for ransom for these people. Get a real job people and let us get a stadium

vikingsdiva
02-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Okay I love Minnesota and always will. But in the late 80's-90's when I went to school alot of the schools around there were what they considered unfit. It had been for years. But the Metrodome is hardly what can be to blame. It makes a good scapegoat everytime some dumbass politician wants to veto something to "think of the children"/ But they never have, except when it suits them. Truky they need to be more clever about how money is revenued and therefore spent. The tax idea on clothes is smart, but it's just a start. American citizens are tired of being taken advantage of, but moving the team will cause rioting!

chennegar
02-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I have a couple ideas that would greatly help in financing a stadium.
1. The state sell vikings license plates, proceeds go toward the stadium.
2. Minnesota is one of the only states I've lived in that do not require safety inspections on vehicles. They could charge $10 a year per vehicle, this benifits the state in ensuring that safer/cleaner cars are on the states roads. Thoughts???

chennegar
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Mr. Taylor states that he is ready, willing and able to meet $600 mil in the below story.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/10850391.htm

zakvikes2k
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
I hope that is true about Taylor. He is the main guy I'd want owning the Vikes. The T-Wolves may be sucking right now, but I am pretty confident that Taylor would keep Moss, and spend some dough on a few free agents, to give this team a great chance at a Super Bowl run.

chennegar
02-09-2005, 12:10 PM
i think he would be able to solve alot of our problems. What part of VA you from zakvikes2k?

PurpleRide
02-09-2005, 12:22 PM
I hope thisis true, if glen buys the team we would have the best chance to get out of the metrodome. I have season tickets and man do i hate the dome. I respect both men for the pursuit of the vikings and how they both said the team is going to stay in Minnesota

cajunvike
02-09-2005, 12:28 PM
"chennegar" wrote:

i think he would be able to solve alot of our problems. What part of VA you from zakvikes2k?

Where are you located, chennegar?

chennegar
02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
DC. U?

cajunvike
02-09-2005, 12:36 PM
"chennegar" wrote:

DC. U?

I gathered as much...but where in DC? I am in NoVa (between Falls Church and Tyson's Corner, in Fairfax County).

chennegar
02-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I live and work on Bolling AFB.

cajunvike
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
"chennegar" wrote:

I live and work on Bolling AFB.

I figured that you were on one of the military bases...how long you staying in the area?

chennegar
02-09-2005, 12:47 PM
I have about a year and half left, then i'm off to another new and exciting place :pukeright: .