PDA

View Full Version : An open request to the HOFers on PP.O



NodakPaul
04-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

Seriously, we all need to take a step back and look at what has been happening to PP.O lately.
Every thread has bickering, long time members are leaving, normally calm posters are going ballistic and swearing at everyone in a thread (OK, that last one might have been just me ;) ).

We have developed an extremely harsh and counter productive atmosphere here in the past few months.
I know of no less that four long time Charter Members who have either stopped posting on PP.O for good recently or have communicated to me and others that they are seriously considering it.
Looking at PP.O from the outside in, it is easy to see why.
This forum resembles a junior high school with the level of immaturity we have been seeing lately.
I am an active member at a couple of other football sites, including WeAreVikingsFans.com.
PP.O used to be regarded as a great community site - now it is regarded as a joke.

* We (and I include myself in this) need to stop being so gol 'darnit condescending toward posters with differing opinions.
My opinion is not any better than anyone else's. Neither is yours.

* We need to start actually listening to what others have to say and consider their view points instead of simply trying to formulate an argument.
Nobody on this site knows everything, and if you listen you may actually learn a few things...

* We should be respectful of others on the site.
Everyone has a different background.

* And finally, just because we have the right to act like an as$ all the time, doesn't mean that we should act like an as$ all the time.
Show some social responsibility people

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.

marstc09
04-28-2009, 08:30 AM
I love everyone even cops.
;)

Garland Greene
04-28-2009, 08:33 AM
I guess I have not noticed it as much, But I have seen some of what you are talking about. Generally I try to get along with everyone. And there has only been one thread ecently that has gotten my Goat,(and I think the only one for that matter). But I wouldn't go as far as to call it a joke. IMHO.
Not saying anything bad about the mods in any way shape or form, they are are stand up people, and do a great job when they atre on. I kinda say that on purpose because with the exception of Ultra, some of them are not regulars to the site. Agin not trying to rip on, or be critiical in anyway. But I have noticed less moderration on the site.


On the flip side I think that some of it has to do with the passion we have for thsi team, and our frustration of hwo we are so close, but yet so far away at the same time. I alos belive that alot of peopel are facing some outside pressure,
economy, job, money ect. I know I am. So maybe some of that is also coming out in people as well. This is just my 2 cents though.

Outside of Cajun(again me living in my own little world) who else has left?

Marrdro
04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Great post.
Points have been taken aboard and digested my friend.


If I have been a bit overboard, I apologize.
Hard to keep Old Marrdro back at times.
I will endevour to be nicer, however, ..........

Doesn't mean I am gonna be someones whipping boy either.
Get in my ass and.....JK
;D.

NodakPaul
04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
"Garland" wrote:


I guess I have not noticed it as much, But I have seen some of what you are talking about. Generally I try to get along with everyone. And there has only been one thread ecently that has gotten my Goat,(and I think the only one for that matter). But I wouldn't go as far as to call it a joke. IMHO.
Not saying anything bad about the mods in any way shape or form, they are are stand up people, and do a great job when they atre on. I kinda say that on purpose because with the exception of Ultra, some of them are not regulars to the site. Agin not trying to rip on, or be critiical in anyway. But I have noticed less moderration on the site.


On the flip side I think that some of it has to do with the passion we have for thsi team, and our frustration of hwo we are so close, but yet so far away at the same time. I alos belive that alot of peopel are facing some outside pressure,
economy, job, money ect. I know I am. So maybe some of that is also coming out in people as well. This is just my 2 cents though.

Outside of Cajun(again me living in my own little world) who else has left?


I don't think PP.O is a joke either, just sharing what some of the views are outside our community.
As for the people who have left, or are thinking about leaving, I would rather not name names... especially since two of them are just considering it right now.
If they want to go public with it, that is their prerogative.

vikeswin2005
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
It's the main reason I haven't been here too. A lot of negativity from everyone especially the veterans here I could go on forever on this but I already feel my blood boiling thinking about this again....

Caine
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Great post.

Points have been taken aboard and digested My Sexy Little Pixie.


If I have been a bit overboard, I apologize.
Hard to keep Old Marrdro back at times.
I will endevour to be nicer, however, ..........

Doesn't mean I am gonna be someones whipping boy either.

Get in my jiggly butt and.....JK
;D.



Why would you want someone in your jiggly butt?
That's just....


oh.....wait......I'm not judging you.
I accept your life choices.....

Caine

VikingMike
04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Paul, I'm glad that you wrote this rather than abruptly leaving the site. I value your input, and personally would feel the site would not be what it is without members like yourself.

Arguments will occur at times, some are more opinionated that others, but they have been getting way out of hand lately. Obviously, some members know others personally, and can give them more sh*t than others. And some might start out with a humorous post and it's taken wrong and then it's all-out war. Forget it, I just go elsewhere. Too many times and it becomes obnoxious and frankly, it's too much work.

I come here to get news and hear opinions, and get a relief from the fast pace of work...I don't want, or need, additional work. I hope we can learn to respect other members' opinions. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

ejmat
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Nodak is always great at getting back into perspective.
I like that.
I agree with what you say and we do need to be courteous of other people's opinions. Hopefully I am one that does but I know there are some posts that anger me.

If I do get out of control I would like someone to send me a message to alert me.
I try to be reasonable and hope I am successful.
Thanks Nodak for bringing this up.

snowinapril
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.

josdin00
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

Seriously, we all need to take a step back and look at what has been happening to PP.O lately.
Every thread has bickering, long time members are leaving, normally calm posters are going ballistic and swearing at everyone in a thread (OK, that last one might have been just me ;) ).

We have developed an extremely harsh and counter productive atmosphere here in the past few months.
I know of no less that four long time Charter Members who have either stopped posting on PP.O for good recently or have communicated to me and others that they are seriously considering it.
Looking at PP.O from the outside in, it is easy to see why.
This forum resembles a junior high school with the level of immaturity we have been seeing lately.
I am an active member at a couple of other football sites, including WeAreVikingsFans.com.
PP.O used to be regarded as a great community site - now it is regarded as a joke.

* We (and I include myself in this) need to stop being so gol 'darnit condescending toward posters with differing opinions.
My opinion is not any better than anyone else's. Neither is yours.

* We need to start actually listening to what others have to say and consider their view points instead of simply trying to formulate an argument.
Nobody on this site knows everything, and if you listen you may actually learn a few things...

* We should be respectful of others on the site.
Everyone has a different background.

* And finally, just because we have the right to act like an as$ all the time, doesn't mean that we should act like an as$ all the time.
Show some social responsibility people

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


Thank you.

snowinapril
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
JMHO:

I am not sure the problem is the HOFers getting out of control.
It might just be the fact that if you are going to continue to be here at PPO, you must realize that there will be some frustration involved because of the size of PPO and the active participation that it brings.

Once you realize (we) you are frustrated, take a step back and realize that someone's opinion that differs from your is exactly that their opinion.
If they seem like they are attacking yours. take it with a grain of salt and move on.

"This is my opinion and it is a valid opinion."
Seems like a Al Frankin SNL skit.
LOL!

On a side note, I see Zubaz say they are back.
LOL!

ultravikingfan
04-28-2009, 09:27 AM
It's 2009 and bitching is an entitlement!
;D

Good post NoDak.
All people from North Dakota are so damn smart!
;)

snowinapril
04-28-2009, 09:28 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything
most here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.



I had to strike the word everything, I still appreciate the new links and the time and effort that posters put into a well thought out topic.

pack93z
04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Want an outsiders view and opinion, it is a big part of the reason I am more reserved on the site as well.

Seeing some of the threads turning into literally pissing matches at the drop of a hat or a perspective of a post puts a poster that is trying to have fun and learn of others viewpoints on high alert. Like walking on eggshells trying not to start a free for all.

I highly recommend this site and think the world of the members of this site, I have read a couple of threads that were disappointing. Reminds me of the past offseason on the Packer boards.. constant infighting and udder insults flying left and right.

I think it is good to bring it to light, discuss it and focus attention to changing it. It took many months to change that culture back on a number of Packer boards, but it took a lot of effort from the senior members to set the tone.

This is a fantastic board with great diversity.. for whatever reason there has been turmoil a late.. hopefully it rebounds without losing more members that provide great insight.

It starts with each and every member, the only place to start.

ultravikingfan
04-28-2009, 09:33 AM
"pack93z" wrote:


Want an outsiders view and opinion, it is a big part of the reason I am more reserved on the site as well.

Seeing some of the threads turning into literally pissing matches at the drop of a hat or a perspective of a post puts a poster that is trying to have fun and learn of others viewpoints on high alert. Like walking on eggshells trying not to start a free for all.

I highly recommend this site and think the world of the members of this site, I have read a couple of threads that were disappointing. Reminds me of the past offseason on the Packer boards.. constant infighting and udder insults flying left and right.

I think it is good to bring it to light, discuss it and focus attention to changing it. It took many months to change that culture back on a number of Packer boards, but it took a lot of effort from the senior members to set the tone.

This is a fantastic board with great diversity.. for whatever reason there has been turmoil a late.. hopefully it rebounds without losing more members that provide great insight.

It starts with each and every member, the only place to start.


Exactly.


The senior leaders should set a good example and stand-up for each other.

If a member is outta line, a senior member mentions it; then other senior members should back him.

PurpleTide
04-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Wouldn't it be a drag if we were all the same? Viva la difference... ;D

BadlandsVikings
04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
The site has changed so much in the three years since Ive joined.
Its gone from loose happy to uptight and irritating.
I know hes been busy but webby needs to give us one of his foot in the asses speaches.
The site has changed a lot and the fun factor of the site is gone.
People have been chased away and now its a bunch of morons constantly saying I know you are but what am I

Garland Greene
04-28-2009, 10:13 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


I guess I have not noticed it as much, But I have seen some of what you are talking about. Generally I try to get along with everyone. And there has only been one thread ecently that has gotten my Goat,(and I think the only one for that matter). But I wouldn't go as far as to call it a joke. IMHO.
Not saying anything bad about the mods in any way shape or form, they are are stand up people, and do a great job when they atre on. I kinda say that on purpose because with the exception of Ultra, some of them are not regulars to the site. Agin not trying to rip on, or be critiical in anyway. But I have noticed less moderration on the site.


On the flip side I think that some of it has to do with the passion we have for thsi team, and our frustration of hwo we are so close, but yet so far away at the same time. I alos belive that alot of peopel are facing some outside pressure,
economy, job, money ect. I know I am. So maybe some of that is also coming out in people as well. This is just my 2 cents though.

Outside of Cajun(again me living in my own little world) who else has left?


I don't think PP.O is a joke either, just sharing what some of the views are outside our community.
As for the people who have left, or are thinking about leaving, I would rather not name names... especially since two of them are just considering it right now.
If they want to go public with it, that is their prerogative.


True but others have been saying that since I first joined. I think more out of jealosy than anything. But they also can't say that they don't have the same problems. With thsi many people it is bound to happen.
But I can also say that there are other sites, and I am sure the same ones saying that we are a joke that have not been very welcoming at all.

Marrdro
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
"Caine" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Great post.

Points have been taken aboard and digested My Sexy Little Pixie.


If I have been a bit overboard, I apologize.
Hard to keep Old Marrdro back at times.
I will endevour to be nicer, however, ..........

Doesn't mean I am gonna be someones whipping boy either.

Get in my jiggly butt and.....JK
;D.



Why would you want someone in your jiggly butt?
That's just....


oh.....wait......I'm not judging you.
I accept your life choices.....

Caine

LOL, see my attempt at humor/levity fails but you come through.......Probaby why I only got one vote in the "Who's the funniest PPO'r" thread.
;D

marstc09
04-28-2009, 10:25 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


Nodak is always great at getting back into perspective.
I like that.
I agree with what you say and we do need to be courteous of other people's opinions. Hopefully I am one that does but I know there are some posts that anger me.

If I do get out of control I would like someone to send me a message to alert me.
I try to be reasonable and hope I am successful.
Thanks Nodak for bringing this up.


Great point. I hope if I am ever out of line, I would get a message from a mod. I see people arguing and see negativity but I just don't see how that bothers people. I guess I am just thick skinned but I can see their point. I don't have many Vikings fans where I live and this site has brought me closer to some. I don't want people to leave because I want to meet more Vikings fans and grow relationships. Lets all just tone it done and remember we are a family and not bitter rivals like those Puker fans.
;)

Marrdro
04-28-2009, 10:27 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


Nodak is always great at getting back into perspective.
I like that.
I agree with what you say and we do need to be courteous of other people's opinions. Hopefully I am one that does but I know there are some posts that anger me.

If I do get out of control I would like someone to send me a message to alert me.
I try to be reasonable and hope I am successful.
Thanks Nodak for bringing this up.


Great point. I hope if I am ever out of line, I would get a message from a mod. I see people arguing and see negativity but I just don't see how that bothers people. I guess I am just thick skinned but I can see their point. I don't have many Vikings fans where I live and this site has brought me closer to some. I don't want people to leave because I want to meet more Vikings fans and grow relationships. Lets all just tone it done and remember we are a family and not bitter rivals like those Puker fans.
;)

And some EX PUKER players....... ;D

marstc09
04-28-2009, 10:28 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.



Just my opinion but if this is the case with some mods then maybe we need to think about adding more.

midgensa
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.



+1 on all of that ... right down to the only Viking site that I frequent.

Zeus
04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=
+1

That wraps up my thoughts pretty accurately too... ironically, it was posted by Zeus.

I know I post the same hate about Sage and Childress. I'll make a conscious effort to stop doing that and attacking people for their opinions, no matter what I may think of them.

Zeus
04-28-2009, 10:58 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.


+1

That wraps up my thoughts pretty accurately too... ironically, it was posted by Zeus.

I know I post the same hate about Sage and Childress. I'll make a conscious effort to stop doing that and attacking people for their opinions, no matter what I may think of them.


You and I are very similar animals, dude.
Except for the hair.

=Z=

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.


+1

That wraps up my thoughts pretty accurately too... ironically, it was posted by Zeus.

I know I post the same hate about Sage and Childress. I'll make a conscious effort to stop doing that and attacking people for their opinions, no matter what I may think of them.


You and I are very similar animals, dude.
Except for the hair.

=Z=


I'm also better looking.

Zeus
04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.


+1

That wraps up my thoughts pretty accurately too... ironically, it was posted by Zeus.

I know I post the same hate about Sage and Childress. I'll make a conscious effort to stop doing that and attacking people for their opinions, no matter what I may think of them.


You and I are very similar animals, dude.
Except for the hair.


I'm also better looking.


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=

VikingMike
04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.


+1

That wraps up my thoughts pretty accurately too... ironically, it was posted by Zeus.

I know I post the same hate about Sage and Childress. I'll make a conscious effort to stop doing that and attacking people for their opinions, no matter what I may think of them.


You and I are very similar animals, dude.
Except for the hair.

=Z=


I'm also better looking.


...with a better sig and avatar too...kind of growing on me.

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?

Zeus
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?


I have a new .sig from Josdin that I'll be putting up tonight, if I can stay awake past 9.

=Z=
BTW - it is this sort of respectful by-play as just played out by myself and CMacD that *I* find to be one of the best things about PPO.

VikingMike
04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 11:16 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.


Mars, are you reading this?

Weird thing is, after I lost the bet, I put the sig and avatar up before Mars had a chance to choose them for me. He had chosen the exact same ones.

marstc09
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.


It is classy. I really like how that sig was designed and the avatar is relaxing.

VikingMike
04-28-2009, 11:22 AM
"C" wrote:


"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.


Mars, are you reading this?

Weird thing is, after I lost the bet, I put the sig and avatar up before Mars had a chance to choose them for me. He had chosen the exact same ones.



Was the bet draft-related?

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 11:24 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.


Mars, are you reading this?

Weird thing is, after I lost the bet, I put the sig and avatar up before Mars had a chance to choose them for me. He had chosen the exact same ones.



Was the bet draft-related?


I said Percy Harvin wouldn't be available at #22 and would never be a Viking.

I'd also like to note that this was before the positive drug test.

Either way, I'm a Lil' Wayne fan now.

VikingMike
04-28-2009, 11:25 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.


It is classy. I really like how that sig was designed and the avatar is relaxing.



lol, I hope that's not Percy with a doob.

josdin00
04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
"C" wrote:


"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"VikingMike" wrote:


"C" wrote:




Finally got that nose-job, eh?

=Z=


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?



Yeah...I don't know Lil Wayne from Wayne Newton, but it's classy.


Mars, are you reading this?

Weird thing is, after I lost the bet, I put the sig and avatar up before Mars had a chance to choose them for me. He had chosen the exact same ones.



Was the bet draft-related?


I said Percy Harvin wouldn't be available at #22 and would never be a Viking.

I'd also like to note that this was before the positive drug test.

Either way, I'm a Lil' Wayne fan now.


...which makes that avatar choice slightly ironic.
;)

josdin00
04-28-2009, 11:30 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Finally got that nose-job, eh?


Touche. I do have the nose of an Aardvark.

Mike: you like the sig and avatar?


I have a new .sig from Josdin that I'll be putting up tonight, if I can stay awake past 9.

=Z=
BTW - it is this sort of respectful by-play as just played out by myself and CMacD that *I* find to be one of the best things about PPO.


I was wondering when that sig was going to show up. You should be able to stay up past 9. That's about when the Cubs start tonight, isn't it? And they're on WGN tonight, so you can watch it.

cogitans
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.

I couldn't have said it any better than that.

It's dificult when you come in and every interesting topic is at least 3-5 pages.

But I guess I should just stop bitching and get to posting.

PP.O of yee old were always a place of insight as I recall it. I hope it's not getting as watered down as is suggest here.

kevoncox
04-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.

Marrdro
04-28-2009, 11:55 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.

What?
You are trying to be funny?

:o :o :o

JK my friend.
Funny how someone with your background is scoffed at when you talk X's and O's.
Don't mean I agree with all of your stuff, but I do pay attention.

kevoncox
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.

What?
You are trying to be funny?

:o :o :o

JK My Sexy Little Pixie.

Funny how someone with your background is scoffed at when you talk X's and O's.
Don't mean I agree with all of your stuff, but I do pay attention.


I swear Adraius Bowman will be a great NFL WR!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

kevoncox
04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.

What?
You are trying to be funny?

:o :o :o

JK My Sexy Little Pixie.

Funny how someone with your background is scoffed at when you talk X's and O's.
Don't mean I agree with all of your stuff, but I do pay attention.


Nice Sig. Are you enjoying the weather?

NodakPaul
04-28-2009, 12:50 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


BTW - it is this sort of respectful by-play as just played out by myself and CMacD that *I* find to be one of the best things about PPO.


And when it is respectful and mutual, I agree.
It isn't always that way, and sometimes it gets down right nasty here.
Unless you have a very short memory, you of all people should understand that Z. ;)

BadlandsVikings
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
There are 142 hall of famers.
How many post on a regular basis and how many have quit or been chased away because of of obnoxious members?

ultravikingfan
04-28-2009, 12:54 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.


You call that humor?


Bwhahahaha!

ultravikingfan
04-28-2009, 12:54 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


There are 142 hall of famers.
How many post on a regular basis and how many have quit or been chased away because of of obnoxious members?


142 - the dopes posting in this thread = active HoF members.

;D

jmcdon00
04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


There are 142 hall of famers.
How many post on a regular basis and how many have quit or been chased away because of of obnoxious members?

My guess is most left for other reasons. I stop posting for periods of time just because I find something else to kill time with, or I have less free time. Anyone who feels they have been chased out takes the internet too seriously or is too sensitive.
Obnoxious members, click ignore, it's not that difficult.

jessejames09
04-28-2009, 01:28 PM
When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.

jmcdon00
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:


When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.






Excellent post, that woud explain many of the changes people are seeing.

pack93z
04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:


IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.


Bingo.. there is the Green and Gold way.. and every other "wrong" way.
;D

Speaking of which.. I miss Jim Marshall types playing the game.

jessejames09
04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I think the message of this thread would also be good for non-hofers. Although I like this idea because if you keep the 'regulars' friendly the rest will follow suit.

AngloVike
04-28-2009, 02:13 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:


When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.



thats what people forget, there's no right or wrong answer just opinions about Vikings football. PPO is a
good site and long may it stay that way

gregair13
04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I like to think the only problem is the fact that people take stuff too damn personally. We are talking about football, not about our mothers. When two people are on complete different sides of an argument, regardless of what it is, people are going to hate on each other. I called kevon a hypocrite the other day because I was pretty confused and mad about some of the stuff he was trying to say. The next day, he said he was sorry and I told him I loved him.

What posters need to do is not be afraid of getting into it with other members, as long as the discussion is on topic, that topic being football. And then when you see the same member agree with you in another thread, don't hate on him or change your opinion, agree with the guy on another topic. Take it on a thread by thread.

Now I must say a lot of what has been said in this topic is true and correct, but there are no real suggestions to help it along. If you want to filter out crappy posts by newer members, have a post limit. Whether it is per day (like 25 posts in 24 hours for example) or a certain time between posts (a few minutes can be enough for someone to chill out and read what they type before they actually click post). Obviously, those who have earned their spot on the site, the hall of famers, should have no posting limits. Now in saying that, we, the hall of famers, can't be such 'donkey butts' as Z said. A little respect among those who deserve it can go a long way.

And if you are still mad, go look at the true hall of famers thread. Take a few mintues to yourself, and then go back to posting. :)

Garland Greene
04-28-2009, 06:33 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.


You couldn't leave, you would miss your green dot to much

Garland Greene
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:


Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong.


How in the hell did Kailee Wong fit into that picture :P

Vikes_King
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


My opinion is not any better than anyone else's. Neither is yours.


Well, in my opinion, my opinion is better than everyone else's, even yours :P.


haha

SharperImage
04-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I love everyone, i might argue with them, but that doesnt mean i dont like them

nephilimstorm
04-28-2009, 07:08 PM
This is a forum for opinions about Viking football.
I love to overstate my opinion to to much but that's how I am. I do not look at PPO like real life. This is exceptional only to the ones I do know personally on this site like Singer, Shock and Webby cause I talk to them in real life on occasion.
I really do enjoy everyones opinion even thou I think it may not what I agree with.

gregair13
04-28-2009, 07:27 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2j2uoeo.jpg

V-Unit
04-28-2009, 07:32 PM
PP.O was a lot worse when we were 6-10. When Tice was our coach in general. When the whizzinator was around.

Mr Anderson
04-28-2009, 07:33 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=

Lack of conciliation and rah-rah is no reason to apologize. I completely agree with what you've said in that post.

I think one of the major problems we face is everyone seems to think a post contrary to what they wrote is an attack on what they believe about a particular issue, and see it only as an attack. The what you wrote, no matter what it really meant gets ignored for some blown up argument, and eventually buried in a thread. It amazes me how many good posts get ignored because a handful of people are arguing something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

A lot if it is arrogance, someone will try to pick apart your post while ignoring the point you're making as a whole. Sometimes I hate writing more than just a few lines because of that.


Text is a lot harder to read into than verbal communication. Everyone just needs to take what they read at face value and respond to that, read the whole post before you freak out about one sentence and get an idea of something to write in your head.

As far as the "hate" goes, you're correct. Every single thread seems to turn into the same few debates, and it's getting old, I've seen more threads derailed this off season than ever before.

nephilimstorm
04-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh, yes. I remember this very well V. I also remember when we drafted three 2nd round selections that people flipped over, LOL.

1 has worked out
1 might work out
the other a bust.

gregair13
04-28-2009, 07:39 PM
hahah Mr. A, your signature is funny. We should all put that in there.

nephilimstorm
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=

Lack of conciliation and rah-rah is no reason to apologize. I completely agree with what you've said in that post.

I think one of the major problems we face is everyone seems to think a post contrary to what they wrote is an attack on what they believe about a particular issue, and see it only as an attack. The what you wrote, no matter what it really meant gets ignored for some blown up argument, and eventually buried in a thread. It amazes me how many good posts get ignored because a handful of people are arguing something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

A lot if it is arrogance, someone will try to pick apart your post while ignoring the point you're making as a whole. Sometimes I hate writing more than just a few lines because of that.


Text is a lot harder to read into than verbal communication. Everyone just needs to take what they read at face value and respond to that, read the whole post before you freak out about one sentence and get an idea of something to write in your head.

As far as the "hate" goes, you're correct. Every single thread seems to turn into the same few debates, and it's getting old, I've seen more threads derailed this off season than ever before.




Z and Mr. Anderson,

I agree with both of you. I agree that things have changed in the years I have been here. I can say I have been attacked for being a father, my career, everything because I didn't agree with some people over a particular QB situation.
I do not like the situation here on PPO and do not condone it. This isn't a play nice arena and understand that but we have lost some great members because of the negativity surrounding this site.

jkjuggalo
04-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I've already noticed less bickering and immaturity.

Thanks NoDak.

snowinapril
04-28-2009, 08:36 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.



Just my opinion but if this is the case with some mods then maybe we need to think about adding more.


I wasn't complaining.
But I would say that for me or any of the mods to read everything is a real time commitment.
I think we rely on the HOFers and other members to report a lot to us.
We rely on your eyes!

I hope you didn't think I was complaining.
I meant that I sometimes don't have time to post, not that I don't read.
Once I get done reading, I don't feel like there is anything left to say in a post.

snowinapril
04-28-2009, 08:44 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:


When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.



I agree with the bold for sure.


Someone in a previous post, might have been Z, said in different words that change is inevitable.
I agree with that also.


PPO had evolved and will continue to do so.

triedandtruevikesfan
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
I haven't been around as much as I would like to be... work has been fairly crazy, and with the boss deciding to sit directly behind me, well that limits my time, but I like to check in when I can.

The off season is a good time for a reminder about being polite and respectful of others.
The off season is a difficult time for everyone to get through.

BadlandsVikings
04-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Have things gotten less strict or do mods just overlook a lot.
It seems like people were getting banned all the time and we had a lot more trolls.

I know I got banned for an hour the first week I was here

ultravikingfan
04-28-2009, 10:15 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


Have things gotten less strict or do mods just overlook a lot.
It seems like people were getting banned all the time and we had a lot more trolls.

I know I got banned for an hour the first week I was here


Nothing is overlooked from me.
I may not post much, but I am on here all the time.
I work a 12 hour shift and many times while most of you are sleeping.
I have my profile set so you cannot see when I am on (just trying something new).
I may not be able to read every, single post....but I read 80% of things here (except really gay stuff).

I know of all the little spats between certain members and things are addressed between those members.
I would like to think I have settled a few things, and some I have not been much help.

Also, use the "Report to Moderator".
All the mods see these and we do discuss things.
Even if something is reported and I may think it is ok, I always let the person know who reported it what I think.

As far a banning, you are wrong....dead wrong.
I am banning like mad in the last 3 months.
90% you do not see because they never get a chance to post.
It's not trolls (because we killed them all) it is spammers.
Mainly spammers from certain parts of the world.
Since we started getting hammered months ago by bots and spammers, I have set the new member registration to Admin approval; it is not automatic like it was when most of you joined.
I did this mainly because after a loss some hot head would come in to post some dumb shit and then never come back.
That would get everyone all fired up and we would have spats over something some dipshit ranted about.
Then came the spammers...a lot of spammers.
For a time I would say spammers out numbered non-spammer registration 4-1.
I use a pretty neat site that has a huge database from people who have been spammed.
I can search by IP, email, and username.
I ban the IP immediately.
Some others that seem suspicious I do a simple IP locate.
How many Vikings fans do we have from Nigeria?
I bet not many.

Anyways, got a little off topic there.
But this site is being combed and people are being dealt with.
We just have not had the troll issue, but some more personal issues as of late and they have been addresses.

When in doubt, report to mod.
HoF's need to stick together as well.

ThorSPL
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Time to pipe in - I am active; I just have a rough job these days and can't post as much...

Hell I had to announce my move back to MN on a weekend - if that says anything.

I can't argue with anything I read - we are bitching more and taking things too personal.
A thread like this can be just the slap in the back of the head we need....

I do not utilize the report to mods button enough; none of us do.
Personally I piped in with a few ruler pictures when I thought some gentle banter had gone too far.... things leveled out afterwards but it wasn't my doing.

At any rate; this is the off-season, we all want our Vikes to do well (Except you Pack93z, but we let you slide because you're legitimately good people and we do value you here more than we let on). We definitely need to do a better job of controlling ourselves...

Ultra, you do a shit-load but sometimes it seems like you're stuck doing it alone... but then again, we may have other silent mods....

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 10:46 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Nothing is overlooked from me.
I may not post much, but I am on here all the time.
I work a 12 hour shift and many times while most of you are sleeping.
I have my profile set so you cannot see when I am on (just trying something new).
I may not be able to read every, single post....but I read 80% of things here (except really gay stuff).


How's the Girls in T-Shirts Thread doing?

Haha, jk Ultra. Thanks for all the hard work on the site.

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I owe a public apology to Nodak as well for the immature way I've been acting towards him.

Hope we can put my stupidity in the past. Sorry dude.

Zeus
04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
"C" wrote:


I owe a public apology to Nodak as well for the immature way I've been acting towards him.

Hope we can put my stupidity in the past. Sorry dude.



Where's my apology?
:^)

=Z=

C Mac D
04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


I owe a public apology to Nodak as well for the immature way I've been acting towards him.

Hope we can put my stupidity in the past. Sorry dude.



Where's my apology?
:^)

=Z=


Sorry I'm better looking.

Like the sig man.

Zeus
04-28-2009, 11:06 PM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


I owe a public apology to Nodak as well for the immature way I've been acting towards him.

Hope we can put my stupidity in the past. Sorry dude.



Where's my apology?
:^)


Sorry I'm better looking.

Like the sig man.


Can't beat Josdin's work, that's for sure.

=Z=

singersp
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
"gregair13" wrote:



And if you are still mad, go look at the true hall of famers thread. Take a few mintues to yourself, and then go back to posting. :)



Of course there's more controversy & arguments now. Not so long ago there was no QB controversy & no WR controversy. Primarily coaching was the only area where we saw the most arguments. Now that there has been a change over of owners, coaches, players, offensive & defensive schemes & a team with no clear cut QB, there's going to be a lot more heated discussions.

If you do get mad, I suggest buying one of these T-shirts & when you feel the urge to unload on a poster with retalliation, slip it on & take a 1/2 hour walk thru the park.

I guarantee you'll feel a lot better when you get back to your PC. Perhaps even a little proud.



http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/T-Shirt.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/T-Shirt.jpg)

marstc09
04-29-2009, 12:12 AM
"cogitans" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.

I couldn't have said it any better than that.

It's dificult when you come in and every interesting topic is at least 3-5 pages.

But I guess I should just stop bitching and get to posting.

PP.O of yee old were always a place of insight as I recall it. I hope it's not getting as watered down as is suggest here.


I disagree. I like reading the little comments. Sometimes the long ones get boring and I just move past them. Usually the ones that make me laugh are one liners. It brightens the day.

marstc09
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


There are 142 hall of famers.
How many post on a regular basis and how many have quit or been chased away because of of obnoxious members?


Quitting is for the weak. I thought about it once but then I thought why the fuck would I do that.

marstc09
04-29-2009, 12:23 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


There are 142 hall of famers.
How many post on a regular basis and how many have quit or been chased away because of of obnoxious members?

My guess is most left for other reasons. I stop posting for periods of time just because I find something else to kill time with, or I have less free time. Anyone who feels they have been chased out takes the internet too seriously or is too sensitive.
Obnoxious members, click ignore, it's not that difficult.


+1 There is an ignore button for a reason.

marstc09
04-29-2009, 12:29 AM
"Mr" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Stop acting like donkey butts. ;)

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
Thanks for listening to my rant.


As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
I can handle it, for the most part.
When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
Things change.


Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=

Lack of conciliation and rah-rah is no reason to apologize. I completely agree with what you've said in that post.

I think one of the major problems we face is everyone seems to think a post contrary to what they wrote is an attack on what they believe about a particular issue, and see it only as an attack. The what you wrote, no matter what it really meant gets ignored for some blown up argument, and eventually buried in a thread. It amazes me how many good posts get ignored because a handful of people are arguing something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

A lot if it is arrogance, someone will try to pick apart your post while ignoring the point you're making as a whole. Sometimes I hate writing more than just a few lines because of that.


Text is a lot harder to read into than verbal communication. Everyone just needs to take what they read at face value and respond to that, read the whole post before you freak out about one sentence and get an idea of something to write in your head.

As far as the "hate" goes, you're correct. Every single thread seems to turn into the same few debates, and it's getting old, I've seen more threads derailed this off season than ever before.



I never understood the whole burying of a post. It is not like you can't go back and read it. I see all posts even with the arguing.

marstc09
04-29-2009, 12:33 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.



Just my opinion but if this is the case with some mods then maybe we need to think about adding more.


I wasn't complaining.
But I would say that for me or any of the mods to read everything is a real time commitment.
I think we rely on the HOFers and other members to report a lot to us.
We rely on your eyes!

I hope you didn't think I was complaining.
I meant that I sometimes don't have time to post, not that I don't read.
Once I get done reading, I don't feel like there is anything left to say in a post.





No I did think you were complaining at all. I am just saying that if some mods don't think they can make the time commitment then maybe we need more.

BadlandsVikings
04-29-2009, 12:37 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.


I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
JMHO.


Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.



Just my opinion but if this is the case with some mods then maybe we need to think about adding more.


I wasn't complaining.
But I would say that for me or any of the mods to read everything is a real time commitment.
I think we rely on the HOFers and other members to report a lot to us.
We rely on your eyes!

I hope you didn't think I was complaining.
I meant that I sometimes don't have time to post, not that I don't read.
Once I get done reading, I don't feel like there is anything left to say in a post.





No I did think you were complaining at all. I am just saying that if some mods don't think they can make the time commitment then maybe we need more.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44152.0

RK.
04-29-2009, 12:44 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


Have things gotten less strict or do mods just overlook a lot.
It seems like people were getting banned all the time and we had a lot more trolls.

I know I got banned for an hour the first week I was here


I used to get a lot more reports about posts someone did not like.
I get very few now.
Most of the bans involved fans from other teams letting their smack talk get out of hand.
Its not really a matter of strictness its that in general most people are better behaved now than they have been in the past.


As to negative posting well that is partly because there hasn't been a lot to cheer about the last few years.
At least the draft and FA the last two years was exciting.
More so than the actual season.
This year the draft and FA was pretty boring, with the exception that we lost a couple of good players.
The team better hit the ground running this year or the negative comments will only get worse.
In general we try to
stay on top of personal attacks but disagreeing or arguing about the team, is in part,s what fans do.
If the team does well spirits go up and people celebrate.
If the team does crappy spirits go down and people complain and analyze it to death.

If someone is out of line report it.
In the off season we don't look at everything unless it gets flagged in some way.
We are a little more on top of it during the season.
This year people seem to be a lot less playful.
I think it is because of the economy, and the fact that we have pretty much the same team we had last year.
That is sort of depressing unless they play better this year than they did last.
The HOF'ers have the experience to bring some perspective to the forums and to discussions.
If a thread is turning negative try to shed a little light into it.

;)

Schutz
04-29-2009, 12:55 AM
I like checking in but not posting much anymore.
Most of it is just rehashed arguments that have been used over and over.
You can usually pick just about any issue and there is already a preset group of people on either side.
I love this site but it can be obnoxious to try to get into an argument sometimes, either new members get ignored or rejected off hand.


There is still some good discussions out there but I've found that I'm becoming more interested talking and debating about non football related things rather than if T-Jack is going to start or not.
Well that and making fun of Marr in a drive by fashion as he put it.
;D

ultravikingfan
04-29-2009, 06:59 AM
"Schutz" wrote:


I like checking in but not posting much anymore.
Most of it is just rehashed arguments that have been used over and over.
You can usually pick just about any issue and there is already a preset group of people on either side.
I love this site but it can be obnoxious to try to get into an argument sometimes, either new members get ignored or rejected off hand.


There is still some good discussions out there but I've found that I'm becoming more interested talking and debating about non football related things rather than if T-Jack is going to start or not.
Well that and making fun of Marr in a drive by fashion as he put it.

;D


+1...most of this is rehashed pooh.
People are bored and they are gonna argue.
Look at the TJ topic, there really is not much else to post about.

Marrdro
04-29-2009, 07:38 AM
"Schutz" wrote:


I like checking in but not posting much anymore.
Most of it is just rehashed arguments that have been used over and over.
You can usually pick just about any issue and there is already a preset group of people on either side.
I love this site but it can be obnoxious to try to get into an argument sometimes, either new members get ignored or rejected off hand.

There is still some good discussions out there but I've found that I'm becoming more interested talking and debating about non football related things rather than if T-Jack is going to start or not.
Well that and making fun of Marr in a drive by fashion as he put it.

;D

Hey, all members get put on the spreadsheet and tracked My Sexy Little Pixie.

;D

V-Unit
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"Schutz" wrote:


I like checking in but not posting much anymore.
Most of it is just rehashed arguments that have been used over and over.
You can usually pick just about any issue and there is already a preset group of people on either side.
I love this site but it can be obnoxious to try to get into an argument sometimes, either new members get ignored or rejected off hand.


There is still some good discussions out there but I've found that I'm becoming more interested talking and debating about non football related things rather than if T-Jack is going to start or not.
Well that and making fun of Marr in a drive by fashion as he put it.

;D


+1...most of this is rehashed pooh.
People are bored and they are gonna argue.
Look at the TJ topic, there really is not much else to post about.



That's just called the offseason. The TJ topic is just proof that we have nothing else to talk about, because nothing else has happened.

Call me an asshole, but I have no interest in the non-football related topics. I come here to talk football with fellow fans. That is probably one of the only things we have in common. If I were to talk to you guys about personal life, I might as well gather up a bunch of random 3 year olds and tell them my life story.