PDA

View Full Version : NEY NEWBIES: Read

Webby
02-03-2005, 08:45 AM
NEWBIES: Learn the rules of a new forum, look around. Not doing so is hugely disrespectful, and disrespect is not well tolerated around here. Post topics where they belong, and learn one to two word replies are not acceptable. Failure to do so will insure your life here will be short....

Scan for an existing topic to throw your comments in. This is getting crazy and lazy to have 10 threads all talking about the same thing. If you start a dupe, she'll get deleted. C'mon now, give us mods a break.

Other folks: add to this thread dos and don'ts....and don't be dink or I'll just delete it. Then newbies will be emailed this upon registration.

ultravikingfan
02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
New members (newbies): In order for us to get to know you and officially welcome you to the site, go here http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewforum.php?f=31 to the Free Beer forum and start a "NEW TOPIC". Pull up a chair, crack a beer, and introduce yourself. You will find that this site is a collection of intelligent fans who really love football; especially the Vikes! Enjoy!

ultravikingfan
PP.O Beer Distributor

triedandtruevikesfan
02-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Advice from the resident babe:

Make things easy on the mods... thats all I have... thank you and have a good day :)

oh... and have fun... but do so with respect of all the other posters... don't create a topic just for the sake of it... keep conversations in the clubhouse... and.... keep the purple faith :)

cajunvike
02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
When you first start, make sure that you tell us as much as you can about yourself using the profile fields...ESPECIALLY which team you root for (change the NFL logo to the team that is your favorite).

hawaiianvike21
02-04-2005, 04:01 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

When you first start, make sure that you tell us as much as you can about yourself using the profile fields...ESPECIALLY which team you root for (change the NFL logo to the team that is your favorite).

Ya, i would get annoyed when some fans didnt either want to or like to show their allegiance of their team and would trash talk many fans on here and would get away with it since they didnt show their team.

webby you should just take that nfl logo off and require everyone that registers to choose their team. JMO

cajunvike
02-07-2005, 10:31 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Ya, i would get annoyed when some fans didnt either want to or like to show their allegiance of their team and would trash talk many fans on here and would get away with it since they didnt show their team.

webby you should just take that nfl logo off and require everyone that registers to choose their team. JMO

My thoughts exactly...thanks HV!

V4L
02-19-2005, 12:52 PM
yo how do u become a mod?

enlvikeman
02-19-2005, 03:49 PM
advice for newbies from the resident jackazz lies here...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie4.jpg

ultravikingfan
02-19-2005, 04:34 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

advice for newbies from the resident jackazz lies here...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie4.jpg

Ha! :lol: Is this what webby is referring to as, "....and don't be dink or I'll just delete it."?

Webby
03-10-2005, 01:50 AM
No, that's funny as hell.

Cause it's true.

Sometimes.

Or something. Good advice folks. Locking 'er up for posterity.