PDA

View Full Version : Emmit Retires and Joins in Reggies team of buyers!

Kleinsasser40
02-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I just read in the sports section today that Emmit Smith has announced his retirement, and he is joining Reggie Fowlers coallition to purchase the team from Red! I want Emmit to own part of the team! He is the kinda guy that would actually spend money, and pay good players to play, unlike some owners that we know...:cough: RED :cough:...

vikingsdiva
02-01-2005, 10:29 AM
No way? Are you kidding? That would rock. I really want Red gone. I think Emmit would be a good addition. I wonder though if you have that many owners at what point do they start tripping over eachother in decision making?

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

I just read in the sports section today that Emmit Smith has announced his retirement, and he is joining Reggie Fowlers coallition to purchase the team from Red! I want Emmit to own part of the team! He is the kinda guy that would actually spend money, and pay good players to play, unlike some owners that we know...:cough: RED :cough:...

kramer9guy
02-01-2005, 10:38 AM
On top of that, now ol' Denny needs a RB in Arizona...He may draft one but I suspect that if the Vikes start talking trade regarding Michael Bennett he'll be shipped down there to join his old coach.

vikingsdiva
02-01-2005, 10:47 AM
I wondered if that would happen. Actually I halfway expected Robert Smith to come out of reitrement last year to play for him.

"kramer9guy" wrote:

On top of that, now ol' Denny needs a RB in Arizona...He may draft one but I suspect that if the Vikes start talking trade regarding Michael Bennett he'll be shipped down there to join his old coach.

Semperfi Vike
02-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Of what paper did you get you info from?

RagnarRatio
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I thought Emmitt already owned The Vikes after that Herschel trade. Maybe he feels as though he owes us after Lynn made such a horrible decision. :cry:

PurpleRide
02-01-2005, 11:01 AM
I still want taylor to buy the team. We all know he has the money to buy the team, fowler has never reported how much he is worth. Plus I would never trust a cowboy owning the Vikings

JTSnow
02-01-2005, 11:04 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

link

snowinapril
02-01-2005, 11:16 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

???????
31 Shipp, Marcel RB 5'11" 222 08/8/1978 4 Massachusetts

Shipp seemed to do well when he wasn't injured, which wasn't very long.

snowinapril
02-01-2005, 11:19 AM
"RagnarRatio" wrote:

I thought Emmitt already owned The Vikes after that Herschel trade. Maybe he feels as though he owes us after Lynn made such a horrible decision. :cry:

OUCH!!!! That was a low blow RagnarRatio.

We try not to punch ourselves in the nads around here. Save that line for the packers fans to use on us.

As far as Emmitt being a part owner, I am for it. He would hopefully be thinking like a player with his heart and not so much thinking from his wallet or bank account.

kramer9guy
02-01-2005, 11:30 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

???????
31 Shipp, Marcel RB 5'11" 222 08/8/1978 4 Massachusetts

Shipp seemed to do well when he wasn't injured, which wasn't very long.

I still think Denny would love to have Bennett on his team. A trade wouldn't surprise me one bit...

Mr. O
02-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Here's the article, for those who didn't read it, I got it off of CBSsportsline .....

Saint Paul Pioneer Press
Feb. 1, 2005

Look for future Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Emmitt Smith to announce today his retirement from the Arizona Cardinals to join Reggie Fowler's investment group that is trying to buy the Vikings. Fowler's group also includes local automobile dealer Denny Hecker.

Insiders say there are just four major investors, including Glen Taylor, in the Timberwolves owner's group to buy the Vikings, and one of them initially considered becoming general partner of his own group. But at the NFL's suggestion, that investor has joined Taylor.

Taylor is considering adding a block of investors to his group for those who want to be part of the package, but for a much lower percentage.

BBQ Platypus
02-01-2005, 11:38 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

As long as he's doing something besides commentating for CBS (shudder).

ADubya26
02-01-2005, 11:43 AM
holy schnikees...that is crazy. I think Bennett will end up going there. I think we should package him and our first round pick in return for their first rounder. That would be a great trade.

jackyl
02-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Conflicting reports....... Emmitt hasn't ruled out playing next year if someone offers, but if not he wants to sign a one day deal and retire a Cowboy.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/020105cpsupersider.405e5.html

Here's the link about the Fowler hook up

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/8151741

JTSnow
02-01-2005, 11:49 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

Conflicting reports....... Emmitt hasn't ruled out playing next year if someone offers, but if not he wants to sign a one day deal and retire a Cowboy.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/020105cpsupersider.405e5.html

Here's the link about the Fowler hook up

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/8151741

i read the link
it was good

Mossville
02-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I doubt if Zona will trade for Bennett...They have a high pick and with Benson, Cadilac Williams, and the other Auburn Back, they could go in that direction. I would think they would take bennett for the right price however. I dont want Bennett to go anywhere and would hope they ship off Smokey Smith to go smoke his Bud down in the dry heat

vikingsdiva
02-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything on ESPN or the NFL network.

JTSnow
02-01-2005, 02:51 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything on ESPN or the NFL network.

same here

carta4eva
02-01-2005, 03:07 PM
:twisted: Any news on the potential sale before super bowl XXXIX?

" Straight Cash Homey!"

Storm
02-02-2005, 09:00 AM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1981383

ADubya26
02-02-2005, 09:04 AM
"Straight Cash Homey"

That was great lol!

VKG4LFE
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Is this a ploy by Emmitt Smith to keep himself in the minds of Viking fans for even more time. Isn't it bad enough that he was drafted with a pick that we traded to the boys for Hershel Walker? C'mon, when will he be done haunting us!!

Commander Ed
02-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I just wish this would get resolved by Sunday, but it won't. I'm still saying Red owns this team for at least another year.

As far as Emmitt, I have to believe he'd be a silent silent partner. It's not like he has enough to swing like 75% of the dough to make the purchase.

PurplePeopleEaters
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I couldn't care less about emmit partly owning the team but I am very happy that perhaps we culd trade a RB to Arizona. If we could get a FIRST rounder out of them I would be so happy.

I was listening to ESPN radio and I heard that they are expecting him to retire but Emmit said
"Did you see how I played last year? Why would I want to retire?" I am not buying it though. I am looking forward to seeing another draft pick in the hands of the vikes come draft day that did not come from a Moss trade.