PDA

View Full Version : A Classy Team

ndakvikefan
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Until this year I have not really paid much attention to playoff games until the super bowl. On sundays I only watch the vikings so I don't really pay much attention to other teams.
Now after watching the Patriots in thier playoff games this year, I have to say they are fun to watch.
They just go out and kick your butt. They don't cock after every tackle made like Trotter. They act like professionals and have an all business attitude. They are what a team is all about and it is good to see after all the childishness that goes on.
Don't get me wrong I bleed purple through and through but the Vikings and every team in the NFL should look to the Pats and see what a bunch of professionals look like.

JTSnow
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
go pats
i hope they kill the eagels

ultravikingfan
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
I agree. Although I will bleed purple until I die, I admire the way the Pats go about their business.

vikingsalltheway
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
I hate the eagles after this year cause they beat us in the regular season then knock us out of the playoffs. We played better in philly the first time but damn penalties cost us and that fumble at the goal line.

JohnnyBGoode
01-31-2005, 10:54 PM
I hate how good the Patriots are. They just get to me, how perfect they run everything! I mean seriously, they are up their with the best teams ever and its not like they will lose any huge players this offseason, cept for the assist coaches... Hate to say it, but I really hope Philly wins the Bowl, I know they killed my packs in regular season, but I just cant stand to hear much more about the Patriots and their Brady.

Mr. O
01-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Go Vinatieri, Go Bruschi, it's just too bad they play for the Pats, but those guys are great.
Vinatieri's easily the most clutch kicker of all time and Bruschi, well, he lets his actions speak for him.

Caine
02-01-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm pulling for the Pats.

When it comes to teams and players, the only one on the field (or sidelines) I really DON'T like is T.O., so taht's not a factor.

I'm not a fan of either team, and really have no bias one way or the other.

But Eagles FANS tick me off. And, because of that, I hope New England beats the tar out of them. I would LOVE for the Eagles to become another "Shoulda, coulda, woulda, DIDN'T" dynasty (3 NFC championship stalls and a SB whipping....now BACK IN THE CELLAR!!!)

Caine

vikingsdiva
02-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I'd like to see a new leaf turned. Both teams go home losing. LOL! Just kidding! You're right the Pats deserve to take it home. The thing is they aren't like all the other teams that have one two or three great players. They are just well balanced...all across the board. Notice Brady has barely been in the top ten best qaurtebacks this year, and the Redskins have one of the best defenses. But none of that matters when you have a well balanced team.

PurplePeopleEaters
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
As soon as i start to want the Pats to win they will lose. I am going to watch this super bowl not caring at all and enjoying some good football and good commercials.

Burley81
02-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I hope Patriots crush the Eagles. I still think Brady is overrated, but still a great QB.

PhxFan
02-01-2005, 08:22 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I agree. Although I will bleed purple until I die, I admire the way the Pats go about their business.
true dat!!

shockzilla
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I think the Pats will win by 7, 28-21...

ultravikingfan
02-01-2005, 08:56 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

I hope Patriots crush the Eagles. I still think Brady is overrated, but still a great QB.

Huh? I think he is underrated. All you here about is Manning, Vick, and McNabb. What about Brady? Oh wait, he only has 2 rings and going for another.

V4L
02-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Go Pats!!! i hate T.O and the eagles.. bunch of cocky lil fags... mitchell sux but runs his mouth too much.. trotter aint that good and gets over excited.. and T.O also gets too excited and over celebrats.. i like donovan and dawkins.. but pats are a dynasty and i hope they go down in history

ndakvikefan
02-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Brady is overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you nuts. He has 2 Super Bowl rings, 2 Super Bowl MVP's and is 9-0 in playoff games. IF he is so overrated what does he have to do to get the respect?????
Simply put if you were in a playoff game and had to choose any QB currently playing who would it be????
Duante, he had a great season but how many big games has he won, the same goes for Manning the league MVP he had a great season but Brady has made him his bitch come playoff time. If you want over rated I would look to Mcnabb.

Del Rio
02-02-2005, 11:55 AM
maybe he is suggesting that too much emphasis is placed on Brady when it comes to the teams success? That's about all I can make out of it. Over rated IMO* is Vick Brady gets his credit, but it comes in like a pill that is coated with boredom.

* Actually it's not IMO it's 99% fact, I used IMO as flame retardent.

ADubya26
02-02-2005, 11:58 AM
After Freddie "FroHawk" Mitchell decided to run his mouth and call the Pats seconday "patchwork", I think the Pats are going to some out and lay the wood.

Why talk smack to a team that is going for their 3rd championship in 4 years when you are a never-has-been reciever?

Eagles these days...

ItalianStallion
02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Brady is not overrated nor underrated. He's won all his big games, but not without tons of help from the rest of his team.

VKG4LFE
02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Brady doesn't lose the game for his team. He doesn't turn the ball over, he manages games extremely well, he doesn't crack under pressure, he's just a cool, calm guy and that's what makes him good. Not to mention the 2 SB championships and the 2 MVPs in those games!! Here's to number 3 for the pats!! :occasion5:

LosAngelis
02-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I've changed my mind.

A couple weeks ago, I said I was leaning towards the Iggles, just because I was tired of seeing the same team winning all the time.

But this isn't like watching the Cowboys, who had so much bravado and ego, you just hated them for being there. The Patriots are bland, indeed, but they play on one cylinder....teamwork. There isn't a superstar in the bunch, and no one tries to make a name for themselves over the other.

Sorry...with clowns like T.O. playing on the other side, I think I'll put my rooting power behind the Pats and root for the Eagles fans to continue their misery. Why should Packer and Viking fans be the only ones?

Del Rio
02-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Not to mention one of the most fundementally sound and talented offensive line :P

He is a top 3 QB in this league and he might very well be the #1 of the list. But I think if one cared and wanted to make an argument you could say that you could plug almost any NFL starter in that sytem with that line and those coaches and get those results.

I don't feel like making that argument, nor do I wholeheartedly agree with it, BUT if someone feels Brady is over rated and that is there justification I would have to say that would be a fairly strong argument.

VKG4LFE
02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Not to mention one of the most fundementally sound and talented offensive line :P

He is a top 3 QB in this league and he might very well be the #1 of the list. But I think if one cared and wanted to make an argument you could say that you could plug almost any NFL starter in that sytem with that line and those coaches and get those results.

I don't feel like making that argument, nor do I wholeheartedly agree with it, BUT if someone feels Brady is over rated and that is there justification I would have to say that would be a fairly strong argument.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over this, but I would have to disagree. I don't think you could just plug anybody in because you have to take into account Brady's demeanor, nothing really bothers him (at least he doesn't/hasn't let it show). He is very calm and you never seem him flustered. I'm not saying there is no other QB that could go in there and do the things that he's done, but there aren't many IMO.

Del Rio
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over this, but I would have to disagree. I don't think you could just plug anybody in because you have to take into account Brady's demeanor, nothing really bothers him (at least he doesn't/hasn't let it show). He is very calm and you never seem him flustered. I'm not saying there is no other QB that could go in there and do the things that he's done, but there aren't many IMO.

And I would have to agree with you. All I am saying is someone says Brady is overated (not me), and he gets pounded into the dirt. I was simply saying an argument could be made that this was the case.

You assume he was blessed with this demeanor. Perhaps he was given the time to develop that by watching Drew and having a great coach, awesome protection and an even better enviroment. And an argument could be made that if you take a guy like say Brooks and slap him in there with the same set up he would excel.

I agree with you though I just couldn't justify the reaction the previous posters comments created. It's not the POPULAR opinion, but I personally think that it is solid enough to entertain the idea without being considered ignorant.

ADubya26
02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
I think Brady is definitely top 3 in the league, but I would like to see him go to another team and have similar success. Im not talking about another 3 superbowls, but something that shows he IS as good as he is.

Kinda like Montana..he was great with the 49ers and then went to the Chiefs and was still great.

purplehorn
02-02-2005, 02:55 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

I I still think Brady is overrated, .

Perhaps you should watch him play. He makes great reads on
his #3 and #4 recievers as well as anyone I've ever seen. He
has a great arm, somewhat humble and TWO big bling bligs on
his fingers. I think they win by 10.

VKG4LFE
02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Del rio your new avatar weirds me out!!

zakvikes2k
02-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I am definitely rooting for the Patriots too. It will be great to see the Eagles finally get to the Super Bowl and get the crap kicked out of them. With them losing hopefully next year the Vikings can make it to the Super Bowl and win it all. Rub it all over the Eagles and the rest of the NFC's faces. And regarding fans, Vikings fans by far are the best, they are all over the country, and probably the most loyal of fans. Eagles fans are whack! They don't deserve a Super Bowl. The Vikings do, and the way the fans of this team act, we deserve it as well.

RagnarRatio
02-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I agree with wanting the Pats to beat Philly. Mainly because of the a'holes that are Eagles fans. And, I also want to see Freddie Mitchell's head being carried off the field by Rodney Harrison. That punk needs to get layed out for all the BS he has done this postseason. I thought it was very funny how he pulled his pants up and pointed to the sideline (Moss). If he made one play during the season I'm sure we would have seen him running all over the field celebrating.

Burley81
02-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Harrison is going to crush Mitchell, and I will laugh when he does.

I think Brady is overated because of all the publicity he gets, if he didnt win those super bowls he would be nothing. Brady is an average QB. Manning and C-pep are better then him. C-pep will get his chance in the SB. If Brady makes the hall of fame, i will be pissed. Did any of you watch the Pats. Miami game? How many INT's did he throw?

ultravikingfan
02-03-2005, 08:06 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

I think Brady is overated because of all the publicity he gets, if he didnt win those super bowls he would be nothing.
He does not nearly get as much publicity as other QB's. It just seems like it the last 2 weeks because he is playing in his 3rd SB. If Joe Montana didn't win 4 SB's he would be nothing. Bradshaw, Aikman, etc.

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

Brady is an average QB. Manning and C-pep are better then him.

As far as QB ability, yes they are better. But, Brady knows how to elevate his game when it counts. Did Manning?

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

If Brady makes the hall of fame, i will be pissed.

He is about to win his 3rd Super Bowl. That is enough to get him a place in Canton.

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

Did any of you watch the Pats. Miami game? How many INT's did he throw?

What relevance does this have? He had a bad game. Ask yourself this: Did those INT's hurt his chance at playing in the Super Bowl again? Watch Sunday to find out.

Burley81
02-03-2005, 08:40 PM
D@mnit yall always have to rag on me when i state my opinion. Brady in the regular season is average, only in the playoffs is when he elevates his game up to a high level. Their's nothing wrong with that, i'm talking about overall though. Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw were all great in the regular season and playoffs, thats why they deserve a spot in the hall.

ultravikingfan
02-03-2005, 09:06 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

D@mnit yall always have to rag on me when i state my opinion. Brady in the regular season is average, only in the playoffs is when he elevates his game up to a high level. Their's nothing wrong with that, i'm talking about overall though. Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw were all great in the regular season and playoffs, thats why they deserve a spot in the hall.

Everything in the regular season is geared for the Super Bowl. What is the point of having an awesome regualar season if you cannot even get to the SB? Thats why they play, to win a championship.

Brady is above average. His numbers were pretty good considering they are not a passing team, but a team built off of the run. Manning and Pep would give up all of their numbers for even a shot at the SB. If you think Bradshaw was great in the regular season, look again. He is in the hall because he was the QB on a team that won 4 SB's (because of a dominating Defense.)

Lastly, nobody is "ragging" on you for your opinions. Maybe you are ragging on me for giving mine in reponse to yours? If you have an opinion that somebody wants to challenge, you'd better be able to back it up.

vikingsalltheway
02-05-2005, 01:00 PM
I hate the eagles almost as much as the packers now since they beat us twice. The stupid fumble at the goal line in the first game by daunte right when he was going to score then the none challenge of To's Touchdown that wasnt a td by Tice and getting in the red zone and having to settle for field goals. We were moving the ball on them in the postseason game but two picks and the botched fg attempt. I cant stand how lucky the eagles have been this season alone. The browns had them beat until Mcnabb scrambled for 14 yards on a 3rd and 13 to set up Akers to win it. We would beat the eagles in the dome. We should have beat them in phily.

JohnnyBGoode
02-05-2005, 04:25 PM
"vikingsalltheway" wrote:

I hate the eagles almost as much as the packers now since they beat us twice. The stupid fumble at the goal line in the first game by daunte right when he was going to score then the none challenge of To's Touchdown that wasnt a td by Tice and getting in the red zone and having to settle for field goals. We were moving the ball on them in the postseason game but two picks and the botched fg attempt. I cant stand how lucky the eagles have been this season alone. The browns had them beat until Mcnabb scrambled for 14 yards on a 3rd and 13 to set up Akers to win it. We would beat the eagles in the dome. We should have beat them in phily.Well for one, your wrong. you would not have beat the eagles in the dome. your defense is not good enough. And to, you did not play them in the dome. You can look back the whole season and think "what if" or "If we would have " ... you didnt, you lost, and you dont deserve to be playing in jacksonville. only two teams EARNED that right, like it or not. Start lookin to next year and stop complaining about what happened or what didnt happen. Get over it my friend.