PDA

View Full Version : Glen Taylor

Phlegm
01-27-2005, 12:24 PM
... I was just thinking, it might be bettet if Glen Taylor were to buy the Vikings by himself. The first reason, if he were to buy the Vikings, they would almost deffinately remain in Minnesota. I don't exactly trust Fowler when he claims that he would keep them in Minnesota. Red said that when he bought the Vikings, and he STILL continues to threaten us by suggesting he wants to move the team if he can't sell them. The second reason, the reason that excites me the most, if Glen Taylor were owner he would bring in big FAs to help the team. Look what he had allowed the Timberwolves to do in the free agency. The t-wolves havn't had a first round draft pick in several year, but through free agency he continues to have the team progress. Last yeah he brought in three big free agents; Sprewell, Cassell and Olawakandi. Although Kani-man sucks, he went out and got the big names in the FA, I like his agressive approach and would like to see the Vikings cap room unleashed sometime... What do you guys think?

shockzilla
01-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey, I used to live in Marshall, back when I was a kid, for about two years. Then we moved to Braham, MN. It was, like 1970-1971 when we moved.

Phlegm
01-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Old-timer... :D Just playing. What's your opinion on Glen Taylor? I bet he would let us go get some FAs.

ultravikingfan
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Hey, I used to live in Marshall, back when I was a kid, for about two years. Then we moved to Braham, MN. It was, like 1970-1971 when we moved.

Hey, I lived in the Marshall area for 2 years also! Lived with my father is Ghent actually from'89-'91!

Phlegm
01-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Reppin' SouthWest Minnesota eh? That's awesome! If I remember right, webby is married to a woman from Marshall.... It's a beautiful thing.

vikingsdiva
01-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I get a little antsy when I think of Red being out of the picture. just don't trust him I guess. I know so little about Fowler. But hands down I would love to see Taylor take over. He has done so much for the t wolves. Somehow I get the feeling that we're moving farther from the Glen Taylor ownership company.

Phlegm
01-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I agree, but he did say if things don't work out with Fowler, that he has people lined up do purchase the Vikings with him. So hopefully ether way, Red should be out of the picture. Glen has done real well with the T-wolves.

vikingsdiva
01-27-2005, 03:46 PM
So question:
how serious do you think Fowler is? How close are we to being sold? If Red keeps this crap up of being vague and then raising the price or whatever he's doing, is he going to lose good potential buyers?
Sorry...that was more than one question

DEEP PURPLE
01-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I agree on taylor being the right man to buy the team. Granted I live in California and that would be the most likely destination for the Viks if they were to move, but it just wouldn't be right.

Speakinig of Southwest MN, My sister lives in Marshall right now!!! And I was born in Ivanhoe and lived in Lake Benton.

vikingsdiva
01-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Okay we'll forgive you for being in Ca. just don't take the team, okay?
Don't you wish fans could decide who buys the team?
Where in the hell is Marshall MN? I am originally from way north Minnesota by Grand Rapids. I Live in Iowa which makes my skin crawl, but I swear I couldn't find my way through WalMart nonetheless, Minnesota!

ultravikingfan
01-27-2005, 03:57 PM
"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:

I agree on taylor being the right man to buy the team. Granted I live in California and that would be the most likely destination for the Viks if they were to move, but it just wouldn't be right.

Speakinig of Southwest MN, My sister lives in Marshall right now!!! And I was born in Ivanhoe and lived in Lake Benton.

Been to both many times!

ultravikingfan
01-27-2005, 03:58 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Okay we'll forgive you for being in Ca. just don't take the team, okay?
Don't you wish fans could decide who buys the team?
Where in the hell is Marshall MN? I am originally from way north Minnesota by Grand Rapids. I Live in Iowa which makes my skin crawl, but I swear I couldn't find my way through WalMart nonetheless, Minnesota!

Southwest corner of the state.

vikingsdiva
01-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Got it thanks!

DEEP PURPLE
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't knock California until you've been here. Minus the traffic and the illegal immigrants there is no place I'd rather be. The Beach is 10 minutes away and I can be in the snow in less than an hour from where I live. But I will always stay true to my roots and wear Purple & Gold every sunday until death due us part.

Calmwind
01-27-2005, 04:29 PM
ok back to the post topic lol, I feel much better about Glen Taylor buying our team than Fowler. He is a sports team owner already and apperently knows how to spend his money to help them. Besides he has held interest in the team for awhile which shows he really wants them. I think he desires to make them better is why he wants to buy them, to represent his home state.

cajunvike
01-27-2005, 04:45 PM
"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:

Don't knock California until you've been here. Minus the traffic and the illegal immigrants there is no place I'd rather be. The Beach is 10 minutes away and I can be in the snow in less than an hour from where I live. But I will always stay true to my roots and wear Purple & Gold every sunday until death due us part.

True that...I used to live in Ventura (half-mile from the beach and not much farther from the snow up towards Taft).

Hey, if the Vikings move, maybe they could still keep the Minnesota part...how about The Minnesota Vikings of Los Angeles...although that might get a court challenge from someone somewhere...LOL!

vikingsdiva
01-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Sorry, I will come back to the topic in a second after I pay my apologies for any comment I made about California. I truly do envy you. Iowa sucks! However, I hate the thought of the team being moved. And like you said it just wouldn't be right.
Okay for the topic at hand, I am wondering if Taylor would raise his price to become similar to what Red has in mind. I really don't think Red gives a #!%* what the home state wants. That irritates everyone to the strongest degree.

cajunvike
01-27-2005, 04:58 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Sorry, I will come back to the topic in a second after I pay my apologies for any comment I made about California. I truly do envy you. Iowa sucks! However, I hate the thought of the team being moved. And like you said it just wouldn't be right.
Okay for the topic at hand, I am wondering if Taylor would raise his price to become similar to what Red has in mind. I really don't think Red gives a #!%* what the home state wants. That irritates everyone to the strongest degree.

Red is ONLY in it for the money...the sooner we get rid of him, the better!!!

vikingsdiva
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay. That's a plan. I'm in. Ever seen Celtic Pride? Ha HA!!!!

XTAP59
01-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Just now concerned that if Fowler does buy the team, will he have enogh money to spend on the free agents needed to better the team?....