PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Up For Award -- Vote Now!

singersp
01-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Peterson Up For Award - Vote Now! (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_PetersonFedExPOTY_010509.aspx)

1/5/2009

vikings.com

Adrian Peterson has been nominated for the 2008 FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Year.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR PETERSON (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground)

Fans can vote for Peterson by visiting NFL.com/FedEx from 1:00 PM CST on Monday, January 5 through 11:00 AM CST on Friday, January 23 to determine the 2008 FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Year....

singersp
01-07-2009, 07:21 AM
??? I wonder which Vikings fans vote I just nulified.

gr8vike
01-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Just Voted! We need to keep this in view of everyone so we can get him that award!

BadlandsVikings
01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I voted for somebody

Mr-holland
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Voted on someone who deserves it.

Tad7
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Just vote got the gol 'darnit Viking
>:(

lol

Viking_Queen
01-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I voted for DeAngelo

Vikes_King
01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
"Viking_Queen" wrote:

I voted for DeAngelo

i'm surprised you didn't send a write-in for Mewelde

C Mac D
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I voted Peterson. I'd take him on my team any day... fumbles and all.

SharperImage42
01-07-2009, 08:25 PM
To all the Adrian Peterson haters, the people that say OH he fumbles too much, and just goes with the media, you are all wrong.

Peterson fumbled the ball 9 times this year and lost 4, lets brea those down right now.

He fumbled against TEN, and he lost the fumble, and we lost by 13, I still think wewould've lost the game anyway, but Peterson did have 2 td's that game and that was the only td's we had all game.

He fumbled in Det twice and lost it twice, he still carried the ball for 111 yards and ew still won that game because he put us in the position to win.

He fumbled against Green Bay, and yes it was big fumble, then he came bak and completely demoralized the Packers and scored an amazing game winning touchdown.

Again against Detroit he fumbled twice, but i don't think they hurt considering he didn't lose either of them, but he still had 105 yards and gave us the chances to win.

The only game that
it hurt us was in the Atlanta game, when he did fumble twice and lost 1, but so did t-jack it was just an all out terrible game.

And the Giants, he fumbled then ran a 67 yard touchdown.. go figure.

See he always makes up for it, he always does it, to me its like when Kobe gets a technical, the guy comes back and just attacks. Next year hes gonna be even scarier.

C Mac D
01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

To all the Adrian Peterson haters, the people that say OH he fumbles too much, and just goes with the media, you are all wrong.

Peterson fumbled the ball 9 times this year and lost 4, lets brea those down right now.

He fumbled against TEN, and he lost the fumble, and we lost by 13, I still think wewould've lost the game anyway, but Peterson did have 2 td's that game and that was the only td's we had all game.

He fumbled in Det twice and lost it twice, he still carried the ball for 111 yards and ew still won that game because he put us in the position to win.

He fumbled against Green Bay, and yes it was big fumble, then he came bak and completely demoralized the Packers and scored an amazing game winning touchdown.

Again against Detroit he fumbled twice, but i don't think they hurt considering he didn't lose either of them, but he still had 105 yards and gave us the chances to win.

The only game that
it hurt us was in the Atlanta game, when he did fumble twice and lost 1, but so did t-jack it was just an all out terrible game.

And the Giants, he fumbled then ran a 67 yard touchdown.. go figure.

See he always makes up for it, he always does it, to me its like when Kobe gets a technical, the guy comes back and just attacks. Next year hes gonna be even scarier.

Great Post.

+ A Billion

Tad7
01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
+ another billion

The negatives of Adrian Peterson are more than worth the positives of Adrian Peterson

singersp
01-08-2009, 07:05 AM
"B-Twice87" wrote:

He fumbled too much this year (9 times) to deserve that award...period!

Look at the stats of the other two candidates up for the award. Turner & Williams. How many times did they fumble?

Turner: 3 & Williams: 0.

How many TD's did they score? AD: 10 Turner: 17 & Williams 18.

Now while AD has done a lot for this team, How can you honestly say that AD has done more than Turner & Williams have?

You can't. Both Turner & Williams did more than AD did with the exception of total yards.

Turner had only 61 yards less than AD, but 7 more TD's & 6 less fumbles & Williams had a 5.5 YD Avg compared to AD's 4.8 & never fumbled once. This is what the voting is about.

VikingMike
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Brees, Peterson voted FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Year (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground)

NFL.com
FedEx and the NFL announced the winners of the sixth annual FedEx Air & Ground NFL Player of the Year awards in Tampa Bay, site of Super Bowl XLIII.

» Quarterback Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints was named the 2008 FedEx Air NFL Player of the Year.

» Running back Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings was named the 2008 FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Year.

gregair13
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
My voting helped him to victory. Today is a successful day for all of us.

swardsooner
01-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

The rest of the league realizes Adrian is superman to accomplish what he does for the Vikes!

jessejames09
01-28-2009, 04:18 PM
"swardsooner" wrote:

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

The rest of the league realizes Adrian is superman to accomplish what he does for the Vikes!

Yeah you'd think he would be a starter by now.. Oh whats that? he is??

Well still, you'd think after being such a great collegiate RB, he break some records.. Oh whats that? He set the single game rushing record?

Well I'm sure the people that get to work with him everyday underestimate him anyways.

(That whole post was sarcastic, the obvious has been noted.)

V4L
02-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Congrats A Pizzle

VKG4LFE
02-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Way to go Adrian, not a real big shocker that he won though. He was hands down the best
RB in the league this year!