PDA

View Full Version : Awesome crowd noise today!!!



vikings_fan66
01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I know we lost, but I wanted to point out something positive

The crowd noise and atmosphere in the stadium was insane....Good work everyone and thanks for making the sellout possible!!

Mikecarter81
01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Agreed, the place sounded like ti was rocking!

Mike

TheVike1
01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
agreee totally I LOVE all Minny fans esp the ones today rocking the dome! :)

Jilly
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:


I know we lost, but I wanted to point out something positive

The crowd noise and atmosphere in the stadium was insane....Good work everyone and thanks for making the sellout possible!!


+1

After the week we had regarding tickets, I expected more Eagle fans there but from what I saw, there didn't seem to be too many.

vikeswin2005
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
The fans still need to know when to and when not to make noise

gregair13
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
The thunderdome was rockin hard today. Cheers to you fans.

Formo
01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
"VikingMD" wrote:


"vikings_fan66" wrote:


I know we lost, but I wanted to point out something positive

The crowd noise and atmosphere in the stadium was insane....Good work everyone and thanks for making the sellout possible!!


+1

After the week we had regarding tickets, I expected more Eagle fans there but from what I saw, there didn't seem to be too many.


I took a video at the introductions of the team (note: TEAM introductions..
No individual introductions today..
I don't know if this was new or not, but I liked it), and all the TD towels were waving..
You couldn't see much Philly green.
At all.
There were two decent 'groups' of Philly fans, but they were not an issue.
I'll post it as soon as I get it uploaded.

Tough game today.
Not inspired at all with Bevell's/Chilly's offense.

grpape
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
+1

Kudos to all the Viking faithful rockn' the dome today.

Bars92
01-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Great game to watch on the tele in terms of the fans and the atmosphere :o

ultravikingfan
01-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Hell yes it was!

My throat is killing me now!

Randy Moss
01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Mine too.
Man it was loud today.

gregair13
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
My heart is still broken

Amoren
01-04-2009, 11:04 PM
My throat is done for a good 2 or 3 days, totally worth it, but I wish we would have won.

Formo
01-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Here's the video I promised.
lol
I_SH9qDhNeU

Tad7
01-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Had a great time at the game until the Westbrook screen. Best atmosphere ever at a Vikings for me personally! Normally I'm noticeabley louder and more into than the rest of my section lol...

Good job Vikings fans, bad job Vikings

PurplePeopleEaters69
01-05-2009, 01:00 AM
I just wanna say thanks and kudos to all you fans who were able to make it.
On TV it sounded louder than ever, I could tell the place was rockin'.
Too bad we lost, but I'm proud of all you guys and gals that made it to the game and provided a great atmosphere for playoff football.

briannord
01-05-2009, 05:22 AM
If every game was like this I wonder what our record would be.

HEY
01-05-2009, 05:50 AM
From where I was sitting (home in my stressless) the croud noise was great during most of the game and awesome at times. However, I hated it when they started booing when Tarvaris struggled. Did they really think that he would do any better? It only causes him to get even more nervous (and he probably already was at that point)

Not the way to help out a team. Especially in a Wild Card game.

Formo
01-05-2009, 04:22 PM
"HEY" wrote:


From where I was sitting (home in my stressless) the croud noise was great during most of the game and awesome at times. However, I hated it when they started booing when Tarvaris struggled. Did they really think that he would do any better? It only causes him to get even more nervous (and he probably already was at that point)

Not the way to help out a team. Especially in a Wild Card game.


I agree.
+1

Exactly how I felt about the booing.

marstc09
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
"Formo" wrote:


"VikingMD" wrote:


"vikings_fan66" wrote:


I know we lost, but I wanted to point out something positive

The crowd noise and atmosphere in the stadium was insane....Good work everyone and thanks for making the sellout possible!!


+1

After the week we had regarding tickets, I expected more Eagle fans there but from what I saw, there didn't seem to be too many.


I took a video at the introductions of the team (note: TEAM introductions..
No individual introductions today..
I don't know if this was new or not, but I liked it), and all the TD towels were waving..
You couldn't see much Philly green.
At all.
There were two decent 'groups' of Philly fans, but they were not an issue.
I'll post it as soon as I get it uploaded.

Tough game today.
Not inspired at all with Bevell's/Chilly's offense.


They have done the team introduction a few times this year.

marstc09
01-05-2009, 04:28 PM
First playoff game at the dome and it was unbelievable. I have been to tons of regular games and there was no comparison. Those who did not attend, missed out. I think I actually had a hard on. I hope we do not have to wait another 8 years for another.

Formo
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


First playoff game at the dome and it was unbelievable. I have been to tons of regular games and there was no comparison. Those who did not attend, missed out. I think I actually had a hard on. I hope we do not have to wait another 8 years for another.


Correct.

Purple Floyd
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
"Formo" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


First playoff game at the dome and it was unbelievable. I have been to tons of regular games and there was no comparison. Those who did not attend, missed out. I think I actually had a hard on. I hope we do not have to wait another 8 years for another.


Correct.


Does correct mean you are vouching for the fact that he had a hard on?

Formo
01-05-2009, 04:55 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


First playoff game at the dome and it was unbelievable. I have been to tons of regular games and there was no comparison. Those who did not attend, missed out. I think I actually had a hard on. I hope we do not have to wait another 8 years for another.


Correct.


Does correct mean you are vouching for the fact that he had a hard on?


I wasn't sitting near him, so I cannot vouch for the hard on.

Correct = me too.

HoosierVike
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
i have no voice and my throat feels raw, probably a combination of yelling my head off at the dome, and drinking slushy beers at the PPO tailgate..lol awesome weekend up in Minnesota, wish it would have ended better, but fun none the less

Forever Vikings
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I got to my seats (upper level) with my nephew about five minutes before kickoff, and every one was already there making noise and being excited. It was a great atmosphere, and I know my nephew will always remember his first Vikes game.

Also, there were not many Philly fans at all. Color me unimpressed with that overrated fan base.

marstc09
01-05-2009, 05:52 PM
"HoosierVike" wrote:


i have no voice and my throat feels raw, probably a combination of yelling my head off at the dome, and drinking slushy beers at the PPO tailgate..lol awesome weekend up in Minnesota, wish it would have ended better, but fun none the less


At least you had slushy beer. Mine was frozen. I had to borrow from others. I had a combo of Miller Lite, Jello Shots, Grain Belt, and Coors Light.

jargomcfargo
01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


First playoff game at the dome and it was unbelievable. I have been to tons of regular games and there was no comparison. Those who did not attend, missed out. I think I actually had a hard on. I hope we do not have to wait another 8 years for another.


8 years between hard ons will hit you about age 40.
;D
Just kidding!

Playoff atmosphere was great. Sounded like a rocket taking off. Reminded me of the Twins world series.
Fans did their part.
I knew the boos were coming. I'm proud to say I did not participate.
I can't reconcile cheering like a madman when something good happens, then booing when things go bad.
I'm proud to support the Vikings despite their loss.
I expect to be hosting a playoff game for the next several years, and improving each year.
The team needs to continue to improve. And I'm pretty confident it will.
And I'll be there making noise.

VikingMike
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
"Formo" wrote:


Here's the video I promised.
lol
I_SH9qDhNeU




That's awesome...must be a great feeling when the horn's blowing and the team is coming into the stadium. :)

BTW, Childress and Frazier both praised the crowd as incredible.

Prophet
01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
There was definitely some awesome noise at the game.
I especially remember laughing when McNabb was pinned down in their andzone and surrounded on three sides by fanatics.
You could tell that it didn't bother him much though, damn veteran QB.

ultravikingfan
01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


There was definitely some awesome noise at the game.
I especially remember laughing when McNabb was pinned down in their andzone and surrounded on three sides by fanatics.
You could tell that it didn't bother him much though, damn veteran QB.


The Eagles had a good game plan and they did great with the noise.

Fuckers.

Formo
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


There was definitely some awesome noise at the game.
I especially remember laughing when McNabb was pinned down in their andzone and surrounded on three sides by fanatics.
You could tell that it didn't bother him much though, damn veteran QB.


The Eagles had a good game plan and they did great with the noise.

Fuckers.


PREACH IT BROTHER ULTRA!!! lol

Marrdro
01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"HoosierVike" wrote:


i have no voice and my throat feels raw, probably a combination of yelling my head off at the dome, and drinking slushy beers at the PPO tailgate..lol awesome weekend up in Minnesota, wish it would have ended better, but fun none the less


At least you had slushy beer. Mine was frozen. I had to borrow from others. I had a combo of Miller Lite, Jello Shots, Grain Belt, and Coors Light.

You had me cracking up with those beers.......
Didn't take long for the slush to form up did it.
;D

Marrdro
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


There was definitely some awesome noise at the game.
I especially remember laughing when McNabb was pinned down in their andzone and surrounded on three sides by fanatics.
You could tell that it didn't bother him much though, gol 'darnit veteran QB.


The Eagles had a good game plan and they did great with the noise.

WHOOPS.

My third game in the dome.
Definately the loudest I've ever heard it.
Additionally, Hammer is correct.
The Iggles couldn't have dealt with that noise any better.

I have no idea how they converted those 3rd and longs out of that endzone.
From my vantage point I thought some of the fans were coming out onto the field to help out somehow they were so into it.

My voice is still gone by the way.
Had to give a brief this morning.
Customer said we could reschedule yesterday before I even got home.
They knew I wouldn't have a voice.
;D

ultravikingfan
01-06-2009, 07:36 PM
My son was looking at me like I was a nut!

I just got my voice back 100% today.