PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Know We Will Be Tough...

UMD_Bleeds_Purple
12-29-2008, 11:10 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20081229_Eagles_Notebook__Eagles_know_Vikings_will_be_tough_in_wild-card_matchup.html

Not many of the eagles really know what we are about... This will obviously only help us because outside of game film they have only played us a couple times in the last 5-6 years (i dont know for sure) but it hasnt been many.
Without having that experience against us, its one more they thing have to worry about.

We on the other hand have childress, use to be under Andy Reid and knows more about their personel and coaching than most other coaches since he worked for this organization.

I can only imagine this will help us....any thoughts?

UMD_Bleeds_Purple
12-29-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20081229_10_things_for_Eagles_fans_to_ponder_about_Vikings.html

Another similar article

NodakPaul
12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Eagles fans will come out and be cocky and belligerent, just like they always are.
The worst part about hosting them will be the fact that we will have some of the asshats in our stadium.
Course, a decisive Vikings victory will shut them up... :)

ejmat
12-29-2008, 11:21 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Eagles fans will come out and be cocky and belligerent, just like they always are.
The worst part about hosting them will be the fact that we will have some of the asshats in our stadium.

Nodak, you have to catch up on your terms.
Asshat is good but the new term to use is Asschunks.
;D

UMD_Bleeds_Purple
12-29-2008, 11:22 AM
they should also be reminded of the numerous times the choked in the playoffs! the three years in a row they lose the NFC championship and the 4th year when they lost the superbowl

back then when they had T.O. i thought their offense was alot more explosive....S jackson, avant, westbrook have all been good this year but still having those two receivers run a deep route scares me much less than if TO was running that same one!

SKOL VIKES keep proving people wrong

Vikes_King
12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
"UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:

they should also be reminded of the numerous times the choked in the playoffs! the three years in a row they lose the NFC championship and the 4th year when they lost the superbowl

back then when they had T.O. i thought their offense was alot more explosive....S jackson, avant, westbrook have all been good this year but still having those two receivers run a deep route scares me much less than if TO was running that same one!

sigh.. more talk of them "choking".
If they are regular chokes, than what were the vikings during their 3 SB berths?

Losing 3 NFC Championships, means they still won playoff games before those losses.
Losing in the SB, means they still won the NFC Championship.

They will be a tough team.
Besides, if people called your team choke artists, wouldn't that be all the more reason to go out and put on a hell of a performance?

NodakPaul
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

;D

Asschunks it is...

NodakPaul
12-29-2008, 11:32 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

If they are regular chokes, than what were the vikings during their 3 SB berths?

Losing 3 NFC Championships, means they still won playoff games before those losses.

Besides, if people called your team choke artists, wouldn't that be all the more reason to go out and put on a hell of a performance?

Eagles players aren't going to give a crap about whether or not the Vikings fans think they are choke artists.

Truth be told, the Eagles are going to be a tough team, as are the Vikings.
Anyone who thinks that either team is going to run over the other is being delusional.

I am not worried though, the Vikings are going to grind out a tough win, and head to Carolina for a road victory the next week! :)

petrodemos
12-29-2008, 11:33 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

to clarify, tony romo is the classic definition of choke artist.

ejmat
12-29-2008, 11:57 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

;D

Asschunks it is...

Perfect!

Vikeman
12-29-2008, 12:24 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20081229_Eagles_Notebook__Eagles_know_Vikings_will_be_tough_in_wild-card_matchup.html

Not many of the eagles really know what we are about... This will obviously only help us because outside of game film they have only played us a couple times in the last 5-6 years (i dont know for sure) but it hasnt been many.

Without having that experience against us, its one more they thing have to worry about.

We on the other hand have childress, use to be under Andy Reid and knows more about their personel and coaching than most other coaches since he worked for this organization.

We were dominated by them in the dome just last season.
That was one of their only 6 wins...

ejmat
12-29-2008, 12:28 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

I would hardly say losing by 7 points is getting dominated.
Especially when we had two career 3rd string QBs playing in the game.

midgensa
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

Uh ... that would be four Super Bowl berths.
They are called choke artists because they lost TWO NFC Championship games AT HOME when they were favored. And they were under the leadership of their current QB and coach.
Comparing the Vikes now to those of the 70's has no merit because there is nothing the same. Not the stadium, not the coach, not the players, not the rules of the game, not the personnel, etc.
Comparing the Eagles of now to the Eagles that were choking away NFC titles games is fair because a lot of those players are still there (McNabb, Westbrook and Dawkins in particular) and the coach is still there. Choke artist is a fair term.

midgensa
12-29-2008, 01:06 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

Exactly how did they dominate us? They won by seven and we had the ball late with a chance to tie. That is hardly domination. We cut the lead to only 4 in the fourth quarter and had a real chance of winning despite the fact that we had Kelly Holcomb start at QB. That team did not have T-Jack playing, did not have Berrian, did not have Jared Allen and clearly is not even close to the team we have now.
Also ... they won 8 games last season ... are you just making shit up here? Not that I have seen you do that before
::)

Vikeman
12-29-2008, 01:08 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

They are called choke artists because they lost TWO NFC Championship games AT HOME when they were favored. And they were under the leadership of their current QB and coach.
Comparing the Vikes now to those of the 70's has no merit because there is nothing the same. Not the stadium, not the coach, not the players, not the rules of the game, not the personnel, etc.
Comparing the Eagles of now to the Eagles that were choking away NFC titles games is fair because a lot of those players are still there (McNabb, Westbrook and Dawkins in particular) and the coach is still there. Choke artist is a fair term.

As a life-long Vikes fan I could not justify calling the Eagles choke artists.
Take our own inventory first.
At least they have actually made it to the SB during the last three DECADES!!!!
They lost that SB by 3 to a team who was clearly cheating!!!!

Vikeman
12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

Exactly how did they dominate us? They won by seven and we had the ball late with a chance to tie. That is hardly domination. We cut the lead to only 4 in the fourth quarter and had a real chance of winning despite the fact that we had Kelly Holcomb start at QB. That team did not have T-Jack playing, did not have Berrian, did not have Jared Allen and clearly is not even close to the team we have now.
Also ... they won 8 games last season ... are you just making pooh up here? Not that I have seen you do that before

Ok, Ok I overstated.
We still lost a game to a 6 win team in our own house.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

midgensa
12-29-2008, 01:14 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

Also ... they won 8 games last season ... are you just making pooh up here? Not that I have seen you do that before

Ok, Ok I overstated.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

FOR THE SECOND TIME ... the Eagles won 8 games last season. Quit making shit up just to prove a point. Makes you look stupid when someone has to correct you TWICE.

ejmat
12-29-2008, 01:23 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

Ok, Ok I overstated.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

Chilly's MO?
That statement is laughable.
By the way, Chilly's team finished with 10 wins this year.
Philly finished with 9.

midgensa
12-29-2008, 01:26 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Nobody said the Vikings are not choke artists ... but claiming we are based on Super Bowls in the 70's is absurd and actually just stupid.
All that was said is that McNabb and the Eagles are choke artists ... which is ABSOLUTELY the case. And you can talk about losing by 3 in that Super Bowl all you want, but the Patriots were in control the ENTIRE time and the Eagles scored late to make it only a 3-point game.
McNabb, Reid and the Eagles of this century have a history of choking ... period ... that does not say anything about our Vikes squad, does not mean we do not have a history of choking (Arizona, Washington, Baltimore, Washington again, Atlanta all in the last six seasons) it just means that the Eagles are chokers. That is a fact.

AND LET ME KEEP REITERATING ... using last season's game as an argument is silly. We were both 8 win teams (contrary to the incorrect 6-wins you have been crediting the Eagles with) and they barely beat us in a game where we played Holcomb and Bollinger. Hardly something for us to reflect on as an accurate reflection of what this upcoming game should be like.

johnnyfrey12
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
It will be hard to watch ESPN the next week, because it's only a few hours into Monday and the biased anti-Viking arrogant coverage is already pissing me off big time.
Every single "analyst" is COMPLETELY discounting the Vikings.
Most of them just assume a big Eagles win, despite the fact we won one more game than them, our division, and we're at home!
Jamal Anderson said the Eagles were going to "completely shut down Adrian Peterson, because there will be 8 men in the box all game.."
As if that's a fact, as if there's just no possible way AP has ever beaten 8 men in the box before. ::)
No respect at all for us.
ESPN just can't get off their knees for Philly because they've won 4 of 5, despite the fact we've won 5 of 6!
Oh well, hopefully this will only motivate us more.
GO Vikings.

Suick
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
The D will show up, but.................

K.A.O.

Kick A$$ Offense

or

KAOpectate?

jmcdon00
12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Nobody said the Vikings are not choke artists ... but claiming we are based on Super Bowls in the 70's is absurd and actually just stupid.
All that was said is that McNabb and the Eagles are choke artists ... which is ABSOLUTELY the case. And you can talk about losing by 3 in that Super Bowl all you want, but the Patriots were in control the ENTIRE time and the Eagles scored late to make it only a 3-point game.
McNabb, Reid and the Eagles of this century have a history of choking ... period ... that does not say anything about our Vikes squad, does not mean we do not have a history of choking (Arizona, Washington, Baltimore, Washington again, Atlanta all in the last six seasons) it just means that the Eagles are chokers. That is a fact.

AND LET ME KEEP REITERATING ... using last season's game as an argument is silly. We were both 8 win teams (contrary to the incorrect 6-wins you have been crediting the Eagles with) and they barely beat us in a game where we played Holcomb and Bollinger. Hardly something for us to reflect on as an accurate reflection of what this upcoming game should be like.

I don't think the eagles can be called choke artists. Sure they lost in 3 straight NFC championships, and a superbowl but that also means that four straight years they won at least 1
playoff game. The Cowboys are choke artists, they lose every playoff game as of late.
That being said I think those eagles teams are better than the one they have now(same key players but all are on the downslope of their career. I'm predicting a vikings win.

gagarr
12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Who cares who choked in the past.... it's HISTORY!

What I like is having home field advantage!
Vikes may be 6-2 at home, but should be 8-0.

Both loses to the 12-4 Colts and 11-5 Falcons, were due to the Vikes playing under their potential.

The Vikes don't need a great game to beat the Eagles, an average game is enough.

I hope all the Vike fans in the dome SCREAM throughout the entire game.
My neighbors complained about my screaming and my throat is hoarse today.

NodakPaul
12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
"gagarr" wrote:

Who cares who choked in the past.... it's HISTORY!

What I like is having home field advantage!
Vikes may be 6-2 at home, but should be 8-0.

Both loses to the 12-4 Colts and 11-5 Falcons, were due to the Vikes playing under their potential.

The Vikes don't need a great game to beat the Eagles, an average game is enough.

I hope all the Vike fans in the dome SCREAM throughout the entire game.
My neighbors complained about my screaming and my throat is hoarse today.

I will be screaming my ass off.
Hopefully we will have enough Vikes fans in the dome to drown out the stupid eagles fans.

20k tickets to go...

Suick
12-29-2008, 02:02 PM
USA Today has the Vikes as 2 to 3 point dogs

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippe Yeah

Vikeman
12-29-2008, 02:05 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

Ok, Ok I overstated.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

Chilly's MO?
Philly finished with 9.

Philly had to contend with the 12 win defending SB champs. in their div., while that team actually had something to play for!
The NFC east collective div. record is much better than the NFC north's 25-39.
They did not have the advantage of being in the same div. as the 0-16 Lions!!!
It's like comparing Hyundai's to Caddilacs!
The Eagles would have probably won this div.

Marrdro
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

20k tickets to go...

Your kidding right?
:'(

Vikeman
12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

Ok, Ok I overstated.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

FOR THE SECOND TIME ... the Eagles won 8 games last season. Quit making pooh up just to prove a point. Makes you look stupid when someone has to correct you TWICE.

You caught me not reading every word.
Sorry, I'm human, too.
OK, I feel SO much better that we lost to a VERY average 8-8 team in our own house when our head coach should have been able to capitalize on the fact that he used to run the opposing offense.
Looked like Reid knew much more about Chilly, than vice versa.
Oh yeah, BTW, I thought you were sure the Vikes playoff record in the dome was much better than 4-3???
Still waiting for your evidence!!!
Looks like you can be WRONG, too.
At least I am man enough to admit when I am wrong!!!

ejmat
12-29-2008, 02:17 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

Ok, Ok I overstated.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

Chilly's MO?
Philly finished with 9.

Philly had to contend with the 12 win defending SB champs. in their div., while that team actually had something to play for!

Philly has been nothing more than inconsistent this entire season.
At least we beat the teams we are supposed to.
They tied the Bengals and were up and down all year.
They have played great lately but before that they were on the verge of a crappy season.

Marrdro
12-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Silly arguement.......

Different year, different players, different different different.

ejmat
12-29-2008, 02:33 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Silly arguement.......

Different year, different players, different different different.

I am talking about this year.

Vikeman
12-29-2008, 02:33 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

Ok, Ok I overstated.
Inexcusable, IMO.
Just Chilly's M. O.

Chilly's MO?
Philly finished with 9.

Philly has been nothing more than inconsistent this entire season.
At least we beat the teams we are supposed to.
They tied the Bengals and were up and down all year.
They have played great lately but before that they were on the verge of a crappy season.

The exact same could be said for the 2007 SB champions...as well as the Steelers when they won it all three years or so ago.