PDA

View Full Version : The Losing Side Affect

SharperImage
12-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I was wondering is me, or does everyone get depress when the vikings lose. I watch ESPN and NFL network 24/7 i am a NFL Fanatic, but when the vikings lose, i cant watch ESPN or NFL Network, i cant even get on PP.O sometimes. Losing bothers me so bad and i cant stand to hear reports talk about our loses, now i cant TV because the boars WON and the Vikes lost. Man im still pissed about it. o yea i cant watch TV till sunday now.

COJOMAY
12-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Watch the Gophers play basketball. They're winning!

PurplePeopleEaters69
12-23-2008, 10:46 PM
"SharperImage" wrote:

I was wondering is me, or does everyone get depress when the vikings lose. I watch ESPN and NFL network 24/7 i am a NFL Fanatic, but when the vikings lose, i cant watch ESPN or NFL Network, i cant even get on PP.O sometimes. Losing bothers me so bad and i cant stand to hear reports talk about our loses, now i cant TV because the boars WON and the Vikes lost. Man im still pissed about it. o yea i cant watch TV till sunday now.

I'm the same way.
I am so emotionally invested in the organization that I take every loss really hard.
People try to tell me that it its just a game its not life and death and all that, but for whatever reason I just bleed purple.
I stay up all night the day of a loss thinking about what went wrong, what they could have done better, ect.
It takes all week to get over it until the next game.

i_bleed_purple
12-23-2008, 10:49 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters69" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

I'm the same way.
I am so emotionally invested in the organization that I take every loss really hard.
People try to tell me that it its just a game its not life and death and all that, but for whatever reason I just bleed purple.
I stay up all night the day of a loss thinking about what went wrong, what they could have done better, ect.
It takes all week to get over it until the next game.

excuse me??
I belive that would be me.

just kiddin

but i'm with you guys, after a loss, i'm usually not enjoyable to be around (however if the gf's around she'll really put in an effort to cheer me up, if you know what i mean)
so its not all bad.

ultravikingfan
12-23-2008, 10:56 PM
You learn to get over it.

Keep marching soldier.

Rambro
12-23-2008, 10:57 PM
"SharperImage" wrote:

I feel the exact same way, weeks that we win, I watch NFL Network everyday, I even watch Gameday Final more than once.
But weeks that we lose it just shits on my week and I don't watch any sports until the following Sunday.

UMD_Bleeds_Purple
12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
I hate it when we beat ourselves
such as this whole season....If we get legitimately beat I a still mad but there wasnt much we could do about it.

cunningham
12-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I know what you mean. The day after a win, I'm browsing all football sites, reading post-game analysis, and watching highlights. When they lose...I stay far, far away.

marstc09
12-23-2008, 11:55 PM
The worst part is that they are crowning Atlanta. We beat them that game.

ultravikingfan
12-24-2008, 12:01 AM
I am sorry, but be a man here.
Yes, we are all passionate football fans here and love the Vikings a lot.
But don't let them ruin your daily life.

Especially if you are getting bummed listening to the fucken retarded media.
If that is bumming you out, mayBe you should take a break or seek some professional help.

This may be harsh, but there are more important things than football.

V4L
12-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Lol

I don't think Sharperimage is ever happy

vikings_fan66
12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am sorry, but be a man here.
Yes, we are all passionate football fans here and love the Vikings a lot.
But don't let them ruin your daily life.

Especially if you are getting bummed listening to the fricken Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd media.
If that is bumming you out, mayBe you should take a break or seek some professional help.

This may be harsh, but there are more important things than football.

Well said Ultra!!! way to put things in perspective

The fact is that we cant win every game and it would be very boring if we did. The losses also make the wins taste oh so much sweeter.

Its what makes every sunday so fun

CTVikingfan
12-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Look I get upset that we beat orselves I yell Maybe kick something But for you to not be able to sleep Eat or interact. Thats a little much. I am a true fan have been for 30+ years. But I have a Life that quite honestly goes on. What do you do during the off season? Maybe some Pro Help is justified here. I understand Loving the Team but Sheeesh Take it for what it is Entertainment. Cheer when we win Be upset when we lose but for Gods sake Live your Life. Sorry dont mean to hurt anyones feelings but That is boarder Line Phsychotic.

V4L
12-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Ya I agree if you let a football team affect your daily life for more then a day negativily you may need to seek help

I think about it the next day and probably the day after.. But it doesn't get me so depressed that I can't do daily activities

hailtocarter
12-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm the same way but I think I've figured out how to deal with it.
If we lose, I can't watch ESPN or NFL Net on Sun or Mon.
After that, I just look forward to the next Sunday.
The biggest thing that I have noticed is that my Mom knows not to call me on Sun or Mon after a loss...she just knows I will not be pleasant.
After Monday I'm OK, but on Sunday or Monday after a loss I really don't want to talk about football.
As bad as that is, I'm way worse with the Twins, and they play almost every day during the season...needless to say I am a wreck during much of the baseball season.

cunningham
12-24-2008, 12:45 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

The worst part is that they are crowning Atlanta. We beat them that game.

IF YA WANNA CROWN THEM, THEN CROWN THEIR ASSES. BUT THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE. AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!

Sometimes I almost miss Denny.

SharperImage
12-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I diddnt say it ruined my personal life, trust me i have a life. Im just saying football wise i cant watch tv because thats all i watch on tv is the NFL, so on my free time if im not doing stuff with my GF or brother im sulking maybe up until thursday

Bretto007
12-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I get pissed when they lose big games.
I honestly don't how someone wouldn't.
When the Vikings play I am making an investment of my time into the team.
My time is valuable to me so it would be nice to occasionally be rewarded with some winning seasons.

Think of how much time gets spent of your life around this team.
3-4 hours every Sunday for 21 weeks for x amount of years.
Damn right I get emotionally involved.
This not including training camp for some people or time spent reading info online or listening to stuff on the radio about the team.

Also think about how much money you have poured into this team over the years.
Tickets, merchandise, ect.

I wouldn't judge anyone on how they react to a game or call them less of a man that is stupid.
I typically stay mad for a day.
If its a real big game where they choke, 1998, 41-0, cardinals last play of the fricking game bs, last year against redskins.
I will stay mad for about a week.
Then I will cringe every time it gets mentioned lol.

SharperImage
12-24-2008, 01:48 AM
"Bretto007" wrote:

My time is valuable to me so it would be nice to occasionally be rewarded with some winning seasons.

gol 'darnit right I get emotionally involved.
This not including training camp for some people or time spent reading info online or listening to stuff on the radio about the team.

I wouldn't judge anyone on how they react to a game or call them less of a man that is stupid.
If its a real big game where they choke, 1998, 41-0, cardinals last play of the fricking game bs, last year against redskins.

+1 well said.

ultravikingfan
12-24-2008, 01:56 AM
"SharperImage" wrote:

"Bretto007" wrote:

+1 well said.

I do get upst, then I move on.

Way too much going on in my life to let the team drag me down from my family, work and coaching youth sports.

And I seriously doubt you guys walk around all day mad.
You may get mad when you think of it, but it's not like it is ruining your entire day.

BTW, this is techinically a winning season.
May as well be happy for something.

SharperImage
12-24-2008, 02:06 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

"Bretto007" wrote:

+1 well said.

Way too much going on in my life to let the team drag me down from my family, work and coaching youth sports.

You may get mad when you think of it, but it's not like it is ruining your entire day.

No one is saying we walk around crying with our heads down, Im just saying its always in the back of my head and tears me up and kills my mood. All the time and money and life i invested in this team...it pisses me off.

ultravikingfan
12-24-2008, 02:20 AM
"SharperImage" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

"Bretto007" wrote:

+1 well said.

No one is saying we walk around crying with our heads down, Im just saying its always in the back of my head and tears me up and kills my mood. All the time and money and life i invested in this team...it pisses me off.

I am just curious, no knock here...how old are you?

Also, how much money have you invested?
I am sure there is a retrun on your investment because they do not suck all the time.

SharperImage
12-24-2008, 02:31 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

"Bretto007" wrote:

+1 well said.

I am sure there is a retrun on your investment because they do not suck all the time.

im 27, and i would say i invest about a good 500 a season.. it would be more if they play teams like philly, washington, and baltimore and NY at there places, i go to all of those games.

EDIT: Ultra i know i dont exactly act like an "Adult" on the boards man, but its a football forum so i let loose and let my kid instincts go.. i had a Michael Jackson Childhood besides all the g*y stuff and touching little boys

ultravikingfan
12-24-2008, 03:01 AM
"SharperImage" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SharperImage" wrote:

+1 well said.

im 27, and i would say i invest about a good 500 a season.. it would be more if they play teams like philly, washington, and baltimore and NY at there places, i go to all of those games.

EDIT: Ultra i know i dont exactly act like an "Adult" on the boards man, but its a football forum so i let loose and let my kid instincts go.. i had a Michael Jackson Childhood besides all the g*y stuff and touching little boys

That's ok.
I really had no idea how old you were.
If you were say 16, I would think the amount of money would be less than a 27 year old.

I understand you want a return.
I probably put around $300 into the team with the Sunday Ticket.
Even some years we may not do as good, I think all the excitement leading up to that year is well worth it.
I also just like watching football.
Even though we did not make the playoffs last year you gotta admit it was fun the watch AD.
And this year it is fun with a playoff run, AD, Greenway, AW, Allen ,etc.

Marrdro
12-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Good thing there is a off-season so you can recoup.
;D

Vikes_King
12-24-2008, 06:39 AM
"SharperImage" wrote:

Smile.
At least you're not a Lions "fan"

singersp
12-24-2008, 08:01 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/Big_Dick.jpg