PDA

View Full Version : Those going to the game please be loud and proud



vikings_fan66
12-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Numerous times during the Falcons game last weekend the broadcast crew commented on how quiet the crowd was. This was early in the game too before all the fumbles and ugliness.

They mentioned how much the crowd noise benefeits our defense and were shocked how quiet it was

The Falcons did utilise the no huddle offense well. Fans cant make noise non stop

I just hope those attending the Giants game help maintain our homefield advantage frustrating the Giants O.
Making Eli running around screaming resulting in numerous turnovers and Eli demonstrating his trademark mope when things are not going his way

Lets go vikes!!!

marstc09
12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Please come to the game if you think we failed.

People arrived late due to the weather and I am thinking less alcohol was consumed due to the conditions outside. Not a great ride home.

Other than that it was very loud.

jmcdon00
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I didn't think it was any less loud than normal. I got the feeling that there were more empty seats than usual, probably do to the poor weather. Also we are only loud when the vikings are on defense, maybe the announcer didn't get that aspect and noticed the crowd was quiet while the vikings were on defense, that is just a sign of an intelligent crowd. Definetly times during the game(like every defensive 3rd down) where the fans were extremely loud. Also we were getting repeatedly warned about pounding on the fence(we've been warned at every game, once though security came back and said we could pound on it ???)
so we didn't make quite as much noise.

singersp
12-23-2008, 10:13 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


I didn't think it was any less loud than normal. I got the feeling that there were more empty seats than usual, probably do to the poor weather. Also we are only loud when the vikings are on defense, maybe the announcer didn't get that aspect and noticed the crowd was quiet while the vikings were on defense, that is just a sign of an intelligent crowd. Definetly times during the game(like every defensive 3rd down) where the fans were extremely loud. Also we were getting repeatedly warned about pounding on the fence(we've been warned at every game, once though security came back and said we could pound on it ???)
so we didn't make quite as much noise.


He was saying it when they were on defense. He even mentioned that JA (& the camera zoomed in on him) was trying to fire the crowd up.

TheVike1
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
See my reply in Giants tailgate thread and I am not implyinig we as a fan base and you folks are were not at all "unintelligent"!
ON the contrary and I know you/we are bUT still it was pretty obvious from the TV spectataors viewpoint and I have seen 1000's of TV games this was the quietest worse crowd I had ever witnessed YOU guys MUST give us the 12th man next Sunday as much and as loud as possible!
Eli will get rattled by it!

jmcdon00
12-23-2008, 10:44 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:


I didn't think it was any less loud than normal. I got the feeling that there were more empty seats than usual, probably do to the poor weather. Also we are only loud when the vikings are on defense, maybe the announcer didn't get that aspect and noticed the crowd was quiet while the vikings were on defense, that is just a sign of an intelligent crowd. Definetly times during the game(like every defensive 3rd down) where the fans were extremely loud. Also we were getting repeatedly warned about pounding on the fence(we've been warned at every game, once though security came back and said we could pound on it ???)
so we didn't make quite as much noise.


He was saying it when they were on defense. He even mentioned that JA (& the camera zoomed in on him) was trying to fire the crowd up.

Allen always tries to get the crowd fired up. I blame the whole fiasco on those that chose not to tailgate. That is where the fans rally and get fired up before a game. Of course the worst offenders were the ones that didn't even show up, speaking of which, I didn't see you there?
Didn't see what the announcer said but I was there and I can tell you for certain that it was very loud most of the game, especially on 3rd downs. Maybe not as loud as it was when the Packers or Bears were here, but it was definetly louder than when the Vikings played in Lamblow or in Tennessee.

Jilly
12-23-2008, 10:45 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


Please come to the game if you think we failed.

People arrived late due to the weather and I am thinking less alcohol was consumed due to the conditions outside. Not a great ride home.

Other than that it was very loud.


Ok then, the thread title should be changed to "Get there early and drink large amounts of alcohol"...then get loud!!

TheVike1
12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I 3as ther at that cold X mas game in Baltimore couple years ago with huge playoff implications in the cold raqin and we got freakin beat and knocked out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Skol from Aberdeen!

Jilly
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
"TheVike1" wrote:


I 3as ther at that cold X mas game in Baltimore couple years ago with huge playoff implications in the cold raqin and we got freakin beat and knocked out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Skol from Aberdeen!


I was at that game. I live down in Odenton/Fort Meade area.

TheVike1
12-23-2008, 10:53 AM
we really s tunk that end of the year one up again like we have what five six out of the last seven end of the years games to get keep us outta the playoff huh?
Just like I was at RFK when Moss walked off the filed after we gave taht one up too!!!
Oh the misery

bleedpurple
12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
"TheVike1" wrote:


we really s tunk that end of the year one up again like we have what five six out of the last seven end of the years games to get keep us outta the playoff huh?
Just like I was at RFK when Moss walked off the filed after we gave taht one up too!!!
Oh the misery


i was at that game too!!.. but we still backed in that year!!...

jmcdon00
12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
"TheVike1" wrote:


See my reply in Giants tailgate thread and I am not implyinig we as a fan base and you folks are were not at all "unintelligent"!
ON the contrary and I know you/we are bUT still it was pretty obvious from the TV spectataors viewpoint and I have seen 1000's of TV games this was the quietest worse crowd I had ever witnessed YOU guys MUST give us the 12th man next Sunday as much and as loud as possible!
Eli will get rattled by it!

From where I was sitting it was plenty loud.
Anyone actually go to the game think it was the "quietest worse crowd"?
1000's of Tv games hugh? 8 games a year so you have been watching for hundreds of years?
Just because some announcer mentioned it doesn't make it so, I was there, and have been for every game the last 2 years and that was definetly not the quietest game. Not the loudest, but not the quietest.
And what's your excuse for making zero noise inside the dome on Sunday?

PurplePeopleEaters
12-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't think the point of this thread is to call out anyone's fanhood. From TV, it seemed quieter than usual in the dome this sunday until about the 4th quarter when we had to make those two defensive stops.

The point is, even if you thought it was loud, even if you yourself were being loud etc, be even louder this sunday against the Giants. It was supposed to be a "playoff atmosphere" in the dome and those of us watching on TV just didn't feel it. We need to make it hell for Eli out there... Last week the urgency wasn't there. This week is a MUST WIN.

happy camper
12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I did notice the announcer once or twice talked about the crowd being quiet while our offense was on the field.

I wanted to drive to the dome and say, "Hey man, the crowd is quiet right now because our motherfucking offense is on the field!!".

xShockWave
12-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Damn, I WISH I could go to a home game. I went to the Jacksonville game and I was wild :D. Maybe someday I'll get the money and permission to go :P.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't think watching on tv is a good barometer for how loud it was. Obviously, they tone down the crowd from the control room, and the louder it is, the more they tone it down. They want the announcers to be heard without screaming. IF the announcers were saying how quiet it was, maybe they are comparing it to what it usually is. When i was at the bears/vikes game, i was screaming my head off. If that had gone to overtime, i'd have been hoarse the next morning. Scream until you're hoarse, do it loud and proud.
KICK SOME GIANTS A**. I'll be listening from my car, while at a family christmas in maple grove.
GOOD LUCK!!!

jmcdon00
12-23-2008, 11:59 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


I don't think the point of this thread is to call out anyone's fanhood. From TV, it seemed quieter than usual in the dome this sunday until about the 4th quarter when we had to make those two defensive stops.

The point is, even if you thought it was loud, even if you yourself were being loud etc, be even louder this sunday against the Giants. It was supposed to be a "playoff atmosphere" in the dome and those of us watching on TV just didn't feel it. We need to make it hell for Eli out there... Last week the urgency wasn't there. This week is a MUST WIN.

I get that, everyone should be as loud as possible. +1 100%. I'm just saying that I was there and it wasn't quiet by any means. Plenty of tickets out there, get your lazy asses to the game, or don't complain.

marstc09
12-23-2008, 12:02 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


I don't think the point of this thread is to call out anyone's fanhood. From TV, it seemed quieter than usual in the dome this sunday until about the 4th quarter when we had to make those two defensive stops.

The point is, even if you thought it was loud, even if you yourself were being loud etc, be even louder this sunday against the Giants. It was supposed to be a "playoff atmosphere" in the dome and those of us watching on TV just didn't feel it. We need to make it hell for Eli out there... Last week the urgency wasn't there. This week is a MUST WIN.

I get that, everyone should be as loud as possible. +1 100%. I'm just saying that I was there and it wasn't quiet by any means. Plenty of tickets out there, get your lazy asses to the game, or don't complain.


Exactly!

CTVikingfan
12-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I will be there Loud and Proud. I wont have a voice when we get back to CT but who cares

TheVike1
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Again didn t mean too offend and suggest this to EVERY loyal Vikes fqan such as I and thanks for the support of the team and the NOISE...
I ll prob never get to the Dome to seee em at home as it would be a dream come truw for me!!!!!
Sorry for just making a point opinion!
I am as die hard as they come 40 plus years and will to the death!

marstc09
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
"TheVike1" wrote:


Again didn t mean too offend and suggest this to EVERY loyal Vikes fqan such as I and thanks for the support of the team and the NOISE...
I ll prob never get to the Dome to seee em at home as it would be a dream come truw for me!!!!!
Sorry for just making a point opinion!
I am as die hard as they come 40 plus years and will to the death!


It's ok dude. Where do you live?

TheVike1
12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
in the mtns of western NC Franklin NC

monsoonviking
12-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I think the announcers were correct when they assessed that the fans weren't sure what to expect from the Vikings and that's why they were reserved.
I will take it one step further.
I have been a Vikings fan for over 25 years and I believe the fans were apprehensive because we have been LET DOWN SO MANY TIMES by this franchise.
We have a history of heartbreak and that leads to having your guard up.
The Cardinals game was classic Vikings and so was the Falcon's game on the flip side.
The Vikes will go into somewhere like AZ and beats the Cardinals when no one expects them to after playing crappy against the Lions the week previous and then have a great victory.
Aaaaah...but that just sets us up for the fall...AGAIN!!!!
We get the usual delusions of grandeur and develop dementia about our past defeats and spend the week prior with aspirations of a 2nd seed and 1st round bye and then.....4 turnovers later, we are back to the laughable chokers we are know to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My only hope is that someday (like the Red Sox and Broncos) we will break through that perceived impenetrable wall and become real champions but until then......I will resist the delusions and dementia and remain apprehensive with the attitude of "I'll belieive it when I see it"!!

jessejames09
12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
At the start of the game in between plays it sounded eerily quiet in the dome. The crowd would make lots of noise right before the snap but other than that it sounded a lot like the game in Detroit. Dead silence from the crowd, like everyone was just waiting in anticipation.


I know the weather is to blame but it will be key to have our real home field advantage next weekend. We have one of the loudest venues in the league, hope it's back to normal for what should be a playoff atmosphere.

Marrdro
12-26-2008, 09:39 AM
I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
;D

Randy Moss
12-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I think that if we hadn't fumbled seven times we would have been louder.
Also, they drove down the so effortlessly on the first drive that it was demoralizing.
Then we go down the field and score, stop them, muff a punt.
There just weren't any long stretches where we were playing well.

SKOL
12-26-2008, 10:57 AM
"jessejames09" wrote:


At the start of the game in between plays it sounded eerily quiet in the dome. The crowd would make lots of noise right before the snap but other than that it sounded a lot like the game in Detroit. Dead silence from the crowd, like everyone was just waiting in anticipation.


That's exactly what happened.
The crowd gets revved up to throw off the snap count... but they don't realize that they needed to get fired up about 5 seconds earlier when the QB is trying to call the plays from the line, so the receivers can't hear the call... It's just so different when they're in no-huddle.
We need to adapt to the circumstances.

Marrdro
12-26-2008, 10:58 AM
"Randy" wrote:


I think that if we hadn't fumbled seven times we would have been louder.
Also, they drove down the so effortlessly on the first drive that it was demoralizing.
Then we go down the field and score, stop them, muff a punt.
There just weren't any long stretches where we were playing well.

Yea, the long drive for a scoring TD has been what I anticipate seeing after half time, not at the beginning.
Something that has drove me crazy over this defense this year and why I question Leslie at times........

That one against the Colts just killed us.

marstc09
12-26-2008, 11:20 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
;D


I really don't understand why those fans come to the game. I have seen those too often. You never see any of those at lamblow. I don't understand how any one can go to the game and sit there. What's the point? If you want it all quiet go watch at home. Your at a NFL stadium!

Marrdro
12-26-2008, 11:26 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
;D


I really don't understand why those fans come to the game. I have seen those too often. You never see any of those at lamblow. I don't understand how any one can go to the game and sit there. What's the point? If you want it all quiet go watch at home. Your at a NFL stadium!

Its what makes MN so great (overall).......Minnesota Nice.

Problem is, its not conduscive to growing 100% attendance of rabid fans like you see in some other stadiums.
As I said in another thread (could have been this one), can you imagine what the dome would sound like with the Seachickens fans in there????

marstc09
12-26-2008, 11:27 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
;D


I really don't understand why those fans come to the game. I have seen those too often. You never see any of those at lamblow. I don't understand how any one can go to the game and sit there. What's the point? If you want it all quiet go watch at home. Your at a NFL stadium!

Its what makes MN so great (overall).......Minnesota Nice.

Problem is, its not conduscive to growing 100% attendance of rabid fans like you see in some other stadiums.
As I said in another thread (could have been this one), can you imagine what the dome would sound like with the Seachickens fans in there????


I'll take the rowdy fans over the stuck up quiet ones any day.

Jilly
12-26-2008, 11:50 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I still remember the little old lady and her older husband (at the last Atlanta game) who kept telling me I was being to noisy.

Must have had a bunch of those fans in attendance maybe.
;D


I really don't understand why those fans come to the game. I have seen those too often. You never see any of those at lamblow. I don't understand how any one can go to the game and sit there. What's the point? If you want it all quiet go watch at home. Your at a NFL stadium!

Its what makes MN so great (overall).......Minnesota Nice.

Problem is, its not conduscive to growing 100% attendance of rabid fans like you see in some other stadiums.
As I said in another thread (could have been this one), can you imagine what the dome would sound like with the Seachickens fans in there????


I don't understand those quiet fans at the game either but maybe it has something to do with our heritage.
Many of us have been raised to be quiet and reserved (it didn't work with me). If you have ever been to a Lutheran service, you will know what I'm talking about.
BTW, I'm not trying to bring religion into this but use it rather as an example.

jargomcfargo
12-26-2008, 12:16 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"TheVike1" wrote:


See my reply in Giants tailgate thread and I am not implyinig we as a fan base and you folks are were not at all "unintelligent"!
ON the contrary and I know you/we are bUT still it was pretty obvious from the TV spectataors viewpoint and I have seen 1000's of TV games this was the quietest worse crowd I had ever witnessed YOU guys MUST give us the 12th man next Sunday as much and as loud as possible!
Eli will get rattled by it!

From where I was sitting it was plenty loud.
Anyone actually go to the game think it was the "quietest worse crowd"?
1000's of Tv games hugh? 8 games a year so you have been watching for hundreds of years?
Just because some announcer mentioned it doesn't make it so, I was there, and have been for every game the last 2 years and that was definetly not the quietest game. Not the loudest, but not the quietest.
And what's your excuse for making zero noise inside the dome on Sunday?

There's no way one can grasp how loud it gets in the dome by listening on tv.
I will do my part to be as loud as possible on Sunday. Like most of us who attend games I will be hoarse for a day or two afterward.
One comment in addition. It helps when the Vikings give something to cheer about. Jared Allen can get the crowd to cheer plenty if he gets some sacks.

TheVike1
12-26-2008, 12:41 PM
i trust all my guys loyal fans at the Dome i know yawl be loud!
This comes down "again" as the game of the decade for our franchise and we all know this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SKOL Vikes!
I am prob sure my market will not televise the game with the Panthers playing at the same time etc... So all my cheers shouts will be at the PC and NFL Gamecenter!
Hope there aren t too many screw ups like ususal for IT takes me on a worse rollercoaster of nerves than actually SEEING the game!!!!

Zeus
12-26-2008, 01:32 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


There's no way one can grasp how loud it gets in the dome by listening on tv.

I will do my part to be as loud as possible on Sunday. Like most of us who attend games I will be hoarse for a day or two afterward.

Are you listed in the tailgate thread?

=Z=