PDA

View Full Version : Childress Haters Chill Out

VikingsTw
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
I was gonna post this in the Game Observations but I think this needs to brought to the for front. Todays game was a frustrating one no doubt but we must try to control the emotions. What I see right now is far to many people trying to put this one on our coaches shoulders. I even heard someone claim we were a poorly coached team because of 3 penalties we had today, rediculous. Coach Childress is responsible for alot of things but he is not responsible for his team fumbling the ball 7 times today or the fact that Darren Sharper continues to try to pick up fumbles instead of falling on them. The bottom line here is that the players are too blame for this loss, especailly Adrian Peterson who would likely be the first one to agree.

I can admit that I was very critical of Brad Childress after the first Detriot game but make no mistake about it, Detriot played there best football games against our team. To claim we won't make the playoffs or will not have sucess with Childress at coach is Ignorance. I've listened to Coach and like Ultra said in the Post Game Thread, protecting the football is #1, we obviously did not do that today and I find it completely out of the control of our Head Coach to not fumble. The players have to do their jobs, its 100% their responsibilty to take care of the football and they likely here this from the Head Coach every week. Childress does not coach this team to fumble games away.

I know for a fact that we are better team than Atlanta but we wern't today, I would welcome a Post Season rematch with open arms. It won't be every week that the ball bounces away from us, this is one of those games you just have to live with and move on.

Before I close this up I would like to say we should be Thankful to have Childress as our Head Coach, I know I am, especailly since the offense has stepped up their game. Childress has recieved much flack for his choice in Tarvaris Jackson and now that is looking like a very good decision, almost brilliant considering what most people thought of him coming out of college, also guys like Shancoe who's had a very good season. Childress will continue to build this team and he will continue to make this team better with every offseason and every draft. Wether you like it or not Childress is the future, your banners and bashing will not sway an Owner who knows better.

bono
12-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I saw portions of the game...sorry your vikings didn't win, though. I don't blame the coach for this one.

V4L
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
It was Chillys fault we didn't fall on the fumble in the endzone

It was Chillys fault when we dropped it 7 times

Only knack I had on Chilly was not giving Cook more help on Abraham.. he is the only guy u gotta worry about on the line.. Chip him with Klienny please

NDVikingFan66
12-21-2008, 08:27 PM
"V4L" wrote:

It was Chillys fault we didn't fall on the fumble in the endzone

It was Chillys fault when we dropped it 7 times

Only knack I had on Chilly was not giving Cook more help on Abraham.. he is the only guy u gotta worry about on the line.. Chip him with Klienny please

If that is your only fault with Chilly, that is great.
I would have to disagree though.
I am not sure Cook really needed much help.
I don't think Abraham hurt us that much at all today.

V4L
12-21-2008, 08:27 PM
And I know u can't keep Jimmy there over all the time.. But Cook was getting run around like crazy.. He was just slow off the ball

NDVikingFan66
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
And I think at times we took advantage of Abraham aggressiveness by running by him as he over pursued

jargomcfargo
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

I was gonna post this in the Game Observations but I think this needs to brought to the for front. Todays game was a frustrating one no doubt but we must try to control the emotions. What I see right now is far to many people trying to put this one on our coaches shoulders. I even heard someone claim we were a poorly coached team because of 3 penalties we had today, rediculous. Coach Childress is responsible for alot of things but he is not responsible for his team fumbling the ball 7 times today or the fact that Darren Sharper continues to try to pick up fumbles instead of falling on them. The bottom line here is that the players are too blame for this loss, especailly Adrian Peterson who would likely be the first one to agree.

I can admit that I was very critical of Brad Childress after the first Detriot game but make no mistake about it, Detriot played there best football games against our team. To claim we won't make the playoffs or will not have sucess with Childress at coach is Ignorance. I've listened to Coach and like Ultra said in the Post Game Thread, protecting the football is #1, we obviously did not do that today and I find it completely out of the control of our Head Coach to not fumble. The players have to do their jobs, its 100% their responsibilty to take care of the football and they likely here this from the Head Coach every week. Childress does not coach this team to fumble games away.

I know for a fact that we are better team than Atlanta but we wern't today, I would welcome a Post Season rematch with open arms. It won't be every week that the ball bounces away from us, this is one of those games you just have to live with and move on.

Before I close this up I would like to say we should be Thankful to have Childress as our Head Coach, I know I am, especailly since the offense has stepped up their game. Childress has recieved much flack for his choice in Tarvaris Jackson and now that is looking like a very good decision, almost brilliant considering what most people thought of him coming out of college, also guys like Shancoe who's had a very good season. Childress will continue to build this team and he will continue to make this team better with every offseason and every draft. Wether you like it or not Childress is the future, your banners and bashing will not sway an Owner who knows better.

Childress wasn't responsible for this loss. But next week, people won't hold back ,if this team fails to make the play offs.
I won't be one of them.

ragz
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
listen, most people know i dont like childress, but we had dumb fumbles, player fumbles.
we lost by 7 and lost the turnover battle 4-0.
we didn't have many pentalities and pretty much outplayed the falcons on both sides of the ball.
not a whole lota blame to lay at childress's feet.

VikingsTw
12-21-2008, 08:33 PM
A loss next week would be devistating, I think after what has happened today our players have no chose but to respond. I'm quite sure we will come up with a good game plan and if its executed the way we know we can we will win.

Purple Floyd
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Once we win that Lombardi trophy in Feb the talk will die down. Then we will all be on the edge of our seats wondering if Wilf can tie him up for the extended future

ragz
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

A loss next week would be devistating, I think after what has happened today our players have no chose but to respond. I'm quite sure we will come up with a good game plan and if its executed the way we know we can we will win.

just imagine if we didn't fumble our balls away and had a running game today.
if jackson keeps this up, we are scary.
if only we can get in, please.
usually i wanna win to get in cuz i needed to be proven too that we are a good team.
i dont need to be proven, i believe, just get us in anyway we need to and we gotta shot.

ThorSPL
12-21-2008, 08:52 PM
What's next?
Why wasn't Childress blocking Abraham?

Purple Floyd
12-21-2008, 08:54 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

What's next?

I do believe he would have put in a better effort than Cook.

ragz
12-21-2008, 09:04 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

What's next?

I do believe he would have put in a better effort than Cook.

ugh

CCthebest
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Aernt there a million Childress threads out there already? I guess Ultra just picks which posts to delete randomly.

A well coached team would have been ready to play today, and not keep making mistake after mistake. Nor would a well coached team have his team with the most penalties in the nfl. Plus that play calling at the end of the game sucked.

V4L
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
We can't say chill out.. Apparently that means no one can have anything bad to say.. In some individual's eyes of course

ragz
12-21-2008, 09:14 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Aernt there a million Childress threads out there already? I guess Ultra just picks which posts to delete randomly.

A well coached team would have been ready to play today, and not keep making mistake after mistake. Nor would a well coached team have his team with the most penalties in the nfl. Plus that play calling at the end of the game sucked.

some of those short passes at the line of scrimmage, and a couple of those runs in the 4th quarter were bad calls.
but we were prepared today, thats why we outplayed them pretty much all around.
just stupid fumbles bro.
i hate childress, but today is not on him.
if anything he did a good job cuz we were better than the falcons, peterson and berrian were just foolish, and trying to do too much.
for the season you are right, but today, too harsh.

CTVikingfan
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
We need to put blame where it belongs. Our hero let us down today. Period

V4L
12-21-2008, 09:16 PM
After AP's first fumble Chilly got on him

Does anyone seriously think this is Chilly's fault? You can't make people hold the damn ball.. You can tell them to protect it.. Sometimes you can't

Chilly was letting them know hey hold the damn ball

ragz
12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
"V4L" wrote:

After AP's first fumble Chilly got on him

Does anyone seriously think this is Chilly's fault? You can't make people hold the gol 'darnit ball.. You can tell them to protect it.. Sometimes you can't

Chilly was letting them know hey hold the gol 'darnit ball

yah its just stupid.
i mean you dont even have to tell the players, they know, ands if they dont then why are they in the nfl?
just dumb, trying to do too much with plays that weren't going any further, in most of the cases.

VikingsTw
12-21-2008, 09:26 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

I'm sure there are a few Childress threads out there but this is the best one.

We had several players that played well today, guys like Tarvaris Jackson, Bryant McKinnie, Matt Birk, Shancoe, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway and Cedric Griffin. Should we give all credit and glory to Brad Childress for their performances? With the logic that Peterson didn't play well because of improper preperation how do you credit the players that did well? You credit them by understanding that all players are resonsible for their performances. Guys like Ryan Cook and Adrian Peterson were rather terrible today and I know for a fact that our RB coach Eric Bienemy did everything he could to get his guys ready for this game.

Just for you information we do not lead the leauge in penalties, that was a seed planted by the National Media but completly false.

I thought some of the shorter routes at the end of the game were somewhat useless but I also felt we had plenty of time. Had Sidney Rice drew a flag we were in very good shape to go in and score, on the other side of field Berrian was running a nine, so we were definitly aggresive.

midgensa
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

We don't have the most penalties in the NFL. So are we a well coached team now? Going into today we were 16th.
There is a nice thread on this topic. People need to quit making this mistake. We are not even close to the most penalized team.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PENALTIES_TOTAL&d-447263-n=1

V4L
12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
That's CC for ya, he just hates Chilly and if we lose he trys to find a way to make sure it's Brad's fault

CTVikingfan
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
As
a head coach chilly should run out on the feild and duct tape the ball into AD hands. If not then he his a failure

ultravikingfan
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Yes there are.

But, yours was the same 'ole stuff that is in the other dozen+.

Your treading on thin ice at this point.

goldseedlbg
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Chidress is the worst coach in the league. He gets outcoached every week. This offensive genuis needs to be fired. He is not the only reason we loss( i e all days my mistake all fumble peterson). His team never plays well when the pressure on. We need a real coach. This idiot has six pro bowl players every year and he can not make the playoff easily???? Please Wilf hire a real coach, because we will not win with this moron running the show.

CTVikingfan
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
how did chilly lose this game? Please explain that. Again He can not tape the ball into some ones hands.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

We had several players that played well today, guys like Tarvaris Jackson, Bryant McKinnie, Matt Birk, Shancoe, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway and Cedric Griffin. Should we give all credit and glory to Brad Childress for their performances? With the logic that Peterson didn't play well because of improper preperation how do you credit the players that did well? You credit them by understanding that all players are resonsible for their performances. Guys like RYAN COOK and Adrian Peterson were rather terrible today and I know for a fact that our RB coach Eric Bienemy did everything he could to get his guys ready for this game.

Just for you information we do not lead the leauge in penalties, that was a seed planted by the National Media but completly false.

I thought some of the shorter routes at the end of the game were somewhat useless but I also felt we had plenty of time. Had Sidney Rice drew a flag we were in very good shape to go in and score, on the other side of field Berrian was running a nine, so we were definitly aggresive.

Terrible or not, he recovered one of the 7 fumbles the vikings had. That's grasping at straws a bit, but in that situation, he did what he was supposed to. See a loose ball, and no whistle, fall on it.

HoosierVike
12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

We had several players that played well today, guys like Tarvaris Jackson, Bryant McKinnie, Matt Birk, Shancoe, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway and Cedric Griffin. Should we give all credit and glory to Brad Childress for their performances? With the logic that Peterson didn't play well because of improper preperation how do you credit the players that did well? You credit them by understanding that all players are resonsible for their performances. Guys like Ryan Cook and Adrian Peterson were rather terrible today and I know for a fact that our RB coach Eric Bienemy did everything he could to get his guys ready for this game.

Terrible or not, he fumbled one of the 7 the vikings had. That's grasping at straws a bit, but in that situation, he did what he was supposed to. See a loose ball, and no whistle, fall on it.

someone needs to inform the entire team of this strategy...its not something they like to do...failure to do so blew our chance to recover the ball on the Ryan fumble.

VikingsTw
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

We had several players that played well today, guys like Tarvaris Jackson, Bryant McKinnie, Matt Birk, Shancoe, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway and Cedric Griffin. Should we give all credit and glory to Brad Childress for their performances? With the logic that Peterson didn't play well because of improper preperation how do you credit the players that did well? You credit them by understanding that all players are resonsible for their performances. Guys like RYAN COOK and Adrian Peterson were rather terrible today and I know for a fact that our RB coach Eric Bienemy did everything he could to get his guys ready for this game.

Terrible or not, he recovered one of the 7 fumbles the vikings had. That's grasping at straws a bit, but in that situation, he did what he was supposed to. See a loose ball, and no whistle, fall on it.

No doubt, someone needs to tell Darren Sharper.

V4L
12-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Chilly has coached good over quite a few weeks now

Im pleased with him so far

Could it be better? Yes

But im rollin with it right now

ultravikingfan
12-22-2008, 12:29 AM
"V4L" wrote:

Chilly has coached good over quite a few weeks now

Im pleased with him so far

Could it be better? Yes

But im rollin with it right now

Nice!

+1

Prophet
12-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Ok, I give up.
It is obvious that a teenager that throws a perfect spiral with this:

http://images.hasbro.com/common/images/products/5667050e247_main200.jpg

is a better coach than Childress.
That argument is at least as good as many of the asshat's arguments on this site.

C Mac D
12-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Who are these "Childress Haters"?

Prophet
12-22-2008, 02:04 AM
"C" wrote:

You have to hunt for them, they are a sly and candid bunch.

Purple Floyd
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM
This thread will be irrelevant in Feb when he is holding the Vikings first Lombardi

ultravikingfan
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
"C" wrote:

Look in the mirror.

You were still posting your favorite 2 words yesterday.

singersp
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Look in the mirror.

You were still posting your favorite 2 words yesterday.

One need only look at his sig.

BleedinPandG
12-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I get a kick out of some people... I really do... the team was not ready to play?
Wow... you must have been watching a different game... I watched a D that was fired up all day even though they were put into a hole repeatedly... I watched an O that moved up and down the field almost at will... I saw a head coach screaming at players... keeping them fired up... I saw a teach scratch and claw the entire 2nd half even though they'd blown both their feet off with careless mistakes.
I saw a team that came out ready and executed a good game plan "almost" to perfection.
I liked what I saw out of the Vikings.
I've liked what I've seen from Chilly for the past few weeks.
We had a rough start and I put a lot on
him and Bevell and their play calling.
But the last 8 - 10 weeks... folks, I think we have a hell of a coach.
This may not be our year... but as I've said in the past... I really like the direction we're headed.

Marrdro
12-22-2008, 09:30 AM
This one isn't on the coaches (completely).

Sure coaching can help each and every player get ready for the game and to be the best they can be at thier individual position, however, it won't completely eliminate the possibility that players will lose focus and screw up during game time situations in areas like a muffed punt, multiple fumbles by your lead RB, a C who hikes the ball before the QB calls for it, WR's who can't get open, old S's who can't run with TE's anymore, ect ect ect.

Still unsure about the last fumble by AD.
I sure the hell wouldn't have had him in there and I sure the hell wouldn't have ran the ball with 2:14 left and 1 timeout.

I would have taken two shots down field before the half (14 seconds is enough time for that) to see if our lame ass WR's could have got separation (finally) during the game.

Hell, I might have even went with 3 TE sets so that Shanc could run the routes and the other 2 could have helped our shitty ass OL block somebody.

Caine
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I think I can safely say that I am one of the biggest "Childress Haters" here.

Yet I don't blame Chiller for yesterday at all.
Seriously.

Fumbles killed us.
Inattention killed us.

There's only so much Chiller can do...and in this case I think he's done it.

As to why Peterson has fumblitis, I have no idea.
But he's been doing it for a few weeks now and he'd better knock it the floop off.
He cost us a healthy chunk of this game.
Chesters fumbled punt didn't help our cause any, and Tarvaris blowing a snap and later getting the ball popped 30 yards backwards certainly hurt as well.

But ALL of these were stupid player mistakes and NOT things Chiller could reasonably control.

Believe me, campers, I drop every ounce of blame I can at Chiller's feet.
If I even remotely think he's responsible, he gets it.

But not today.
Not this game.
Chiller had a couple stupid plays called, but 95% of the blame goes elsewhere.

Caine

Prophet
12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
"Caine" wrote:

....Believe me, campers, I drop every ounce of blame I can at Chiller's feet.

But not today.
Not this game.

Caine

Fair enough.

Webby
12-22-2008, 09:56 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Seriously.

Fumbles killed us.
Inattention killed us.

But he's been doing it for a few weeks now and he'd better knock it the floop off.
Chesters fumbled punt didn't help our cause any, and Tarvaris blowing a snap and later getting the ball popped 30 yards backwards certainly hurt as well.

But ALL of these were stupid player mistakes and NOT things Chiller could reasonably control.

But not today.
Not this game.

Caine

Agreed.

singersp
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Seriously.

Fumbles killed us.
Inattention killed us.

But not today.
Not this game.

Caine

Agreed.

Berrian fumbled that punt, not Taylor.

jargomcfargo
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
"CTVikingfan" wrote:

As
a head coach chilly should run out on the feild and duct tape the ball into AD hands. If not then he his a failure

AD is going to wear a hooded sweatshirt from now on. TJ is going to place the ball in the pouch!

VikingMike
12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Seriously.

Fumbles killed us.
Inattention killed us.

But not today.
Not this game.

Caine

Good sensible post. Many here do not place any blame on AD, regardless of what he does. But after all, he is human. I've been concerned about the fumbles since the Saints game. IMO, he's thinking too much about holding onto the ball instead of running by instinct. He also holds it like a loaf of bread and has to tuck it in more.

bleedpurple
12-22-2008, 10:51 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Seriously.

Fumbles killed us.
Inattention killed us.

But not today.
Not this game.

Caine

Agreed.

I agree with you for the most part... but a few things stick out like a sore thumb to me about the coaching...

1. we had 3 timeouts to end the half... we should have been calling timeouts with about 1:30 left in the first half once the falcons got in scoring position to alteast give us a chance at a half ending drive... that was just silly esp. considering the way we were moving the ball..
I understand we get the ball back at half time, but atleast getting a field goal would have put us down 7 with a chance to tie it at the end...

second, what the heck is with our sense of urgency at the end of games??.. we were down 24-7 going into the 4th quarter and these guys are huddling up and wasting time away!!.. it made no sense to me... down like that every second counts and chilly or bevell or someone should have gone no-huddle alot sooner in order for us to same some time down the stretch...

the only other thing i can say about the coaching is the lack of intensity we had going into a game we def. needed to win!.. that team was no way near as good as we are, even without pat and we just didn't show up!!..

but by and all, the mistakes and fumbles and errors go right at the feet of the players... that was just pathetic... 7 fumbles in 1 game??.. that's just ridiculous!!

Vikeman
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Once we win that Lombardi trophy in Feb the talk will die down. Then we will all be on the edge of our seats wondering if Wilf can tie him up for the extended future

I respect your enthusiasm, BUT, they have got to get in, FIRST!!!
Did you watch the Giants-Panthers game last night???
If Childress can't beat a ROOKIE coach in his own house, how's he gonna beat one or possibly two really excellent, experienced coaches in theirs????
From what I have seen over the last three seasons, you are living a pipe dream!!!

Caine
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Seriously.

Fumbles killed us.
Inattention killed us.

But not today.
Not this game.

Caine

Agreed.

I agree with you for the most part... but a few things stick out like a sore thumb to me about the coaching...

1. we had 3 timeouts to end the half... we should have been calling timeouts with about 1:30 left in the first half once the falcons got in scoring position to alteast give us a chance at a half ending drive... that was just silly esp. considering the way we were moving the ball..
I understand we get the ball back at half time, but atleast getting a field goal would have put us down 7 with a chance to tie it at the end...

second, what the heck is with our sense of urgency at the end of games??.. we were down 24-7 going into the 4th quarter and these guys are huddling up and wasting time away!!.. it made no sense to me... down like that every second counts and chilly or bevell or someone should have gone no-huddle alot sooner in order for us to same some time down the stretch...

the only other thing i can say about the coaching is the lack of intensity we had going into a game we def. needed to win!.. that team was no way near as good as we are, even without pat and we just didn't show up!!..

but by and all, the mistakes and fumbles and errors go right at the feet of the players... that was just pathetic... 7 fumbles in 1 game??.. that's just ridiculous!!

I don't know about the first half time-outs...that wasn't something that I keyed on.
I think part of the reason we didn't was that we didn't want Atlanta extending their drive on our nickle.
Holding them to 3 was a nice pick-up going in.

The urgency you mention was lacking the entire game.
These Vikings never seem to come out pumped up for big games.
Maybe that is Chillers fault.
They never seem to hit the door running, they sort of stroll and try and pick up steam.

As for time wasting in the 4th, I noticed that too, but I think that's more a product of a young QB.

And Singer was right, it was Berrian who fumbled the punt, not Taylor.
My apologies to Chester.

Caine

bleedpurple
12-22-2008, 11:19 AM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

If Childress can't beat a ROOKIE coach in his own house, how's he gonna beat one or possibly two really excellent, experienced coaches in theirs????
From what I have seen over the last three seasons, you are living a pipe dream!!!

LOL... first things first, we'd prob have to play either dallas/philly/tampa... not exactly slouches either... assuming we even make the playoffs.. which by the way we played last night is about 50/50

Purple Floyd
12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

"Vikeman" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

LOL... first things first, we'd prob have to play either dallas/philly/tampa... not exactly slouches either... assuming we even make the playoffs.. which by the way we played last night is about 50/50

No problem. The Chiller has it all mapped out in his grand scheme. Relax and enjoy the run.

CCthebest
12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I still think some of this is Childress's fault. We choke in every big game he has coached (and alot he hasnt coached). His players wearnt ready. BB should have called a fair catch but didnt. Some of that is coaching a return man on what to do.

TJ wasnt ready. Im not putting much blame on TJ, cause he had a great game, but you dont hold the dam ball below your knees when being rushed. You protected it. And he may have made a poor handoff to AD. But i think AD was more to blame.

And why are Sapp and Cook still playing? They shouldnt be playing. Even a raw rookie would be better.

As much as I hate to say this, I think we should have seen more of CT in the second half and less of AD. He cant hold onto the ball lately. Maybe sitting on the bench knowing your there cause you keep dropping the dam ball may help him protect it more.

And Sharper going for a score instead of covering the ball up. That could also be coaching. Just grab the ball and hold on to it.

I know the players are mainly resposible for this loss. But saying they were well coached isnt true. The players didnt execute certain fundamentals.

Plus i think Childress is a curse for this team. Literally. Talk about having all bad luck. Not one thing went our way yesterday. Someone has a voodoo doll of Childress and keeps putting pins in him.

bleedpurple
12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

I still think some of this is Childress's fault. We choke in every big game he has coached (and alot he hasnt coached). His players wearnt ready. BB should have called a fair catch but didnt. Some of that is coaching a return man on what to do.

TJ wasnt ready. Im not putting much blame on TJ, cause he had a great game, but you dont hold the dam ball below your knees when being rushed. You protected it. And he may have made a poor handoff to AD. But i think AD was more to blame.

As much as I hate to say this, I think we should have seen more of CT in the second half and less of AD. He cant hold onto the ball lately. Maybe sitting on the bench knowing your there cause you keep dropping the dam ball may help him protect it more.

And Sharper going for a score instead of covering the ball up. That could also be coaching. Just grab the ball and hold on to it.

I know the players are mainly resposible for this loss. But saying they were well coached isnt true. The players didnt execute certain fundamentals.

Plus i think Childress is a curse for this team. Literally. Talk about having all bad luck. Not one thing went our way yesterday. Someone has a voodoo doll of Childress and keeps putting pins in him.

CHester will put it on the ground too!!.. don't get it twisted!!!

jargomcfargo
12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

And why are Sapp and Cook still playing? They shouldnt be playing. Even a raw rookie would be better.

LOL! I thought that was you!
;D

i_bleed_purple
12-22-2008, 11:48 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

That would be the job of the special teams coach, not childress

TJ wasnt ready. Im not putting much blame on TJ, cause he had a great game, but you dont hold the dam ball below your knees when being rushed. You protected it. And he may have made a poor handoff to AD. But i think AD was more to blame. agree with you here.
The fumble by TJ will be corrected with experience.
He's still a very young inexperienced qb.

I like sapp if he could find a way to stop drawing flags.
A rock could pass protect better than Cook

I sorta agree with you, while Chester does cough up the rock, i doubt he would do it 3 times in a game.
If anything, we should have done it to send a message to AD, to pull his head out of his ass.
He isn't beyond the team, so even he should be sat if necessary.
I hope he gets sat for the first series in new york because of this.

Its how he's always been, i don't think much coaching will ever change that

do you mean executing certain fundamentals like passing for 220+ yards? Or outgaining Atlanta in all categories?
That means they executed the fundamentals beautifully, AD sucking the hard one is the sole reason we lost that game, not coaching.

Thats probably PurpleMafia... he loves Childress :D

Purple Floyd
12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Everybody needs to relax. Childress will have everything figured out in a few more years for sure.

Does anybody expect a Childress coached team to be able to beat a franchise with a rookie QB, a new HC and a huge turnover in a roster that was one of the worst in the league last year? Not many teams can do that and it is especially hard with our lack of premium talent and the fact we are only 3 years into rebuilding the team.

bleedpurple
12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Everybody needs to relax. Childress will have everything figured out in a few more years for sure.

Does anybody expect a Childress coached team to be able to beat a franchise with a rookie QB, a new HC and a huge turnover in a roster that was one of the worst in the league last year? Not many teams can do that and it is especially hard with our lack of premium talent and the fact we are only 3 years into rebuilding the team.

lol!!!
well said!!!... plus, he did a masterful job at managing the clock yesterday... i mean, good thing he didn't use those 3 timeouts in the last 1:30 to try and save some clock once they got in the redzone... nor was going to a hurry up offense down 17 in the 4th quarter until about 4 minutes left was a thing of genius...

We came out sooo energized and ready to go, playing at home for a possible #2 seed in the playoffs and wrapping up the division... i've never seen our team more pumped up!!...

Mike smith, Tony sporano who??... Chilly for coach of the year!!!

SamOchoCinco
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
chillz outz da peeps

PurplePeopleEaters69
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know how anyone could blame Childress for this loss unless you didn't watch the game and just hate him.
I was as pissed as anyone after the game yesterday and I'm still livid.
But, not at the coaching staff.
We were obviously the superior team yesterday, but for whatever reason couldn't hold onto the ball.
The offense moved the ball with ease, better than I had seen all year.
The defense played great and gave us a chance to win.
Ced Griffin was awesome.
Peterson has to hold onto the football.
That's on him not Childress.
Berrian needs to fair catch that punt.
Again, not Childress' fault.
And to an extent, all the turnovers were more or less trying to do too much.
Berrian because he returned a punt for a TD the week before was trying to make a play when all he had to do was just make the catch.
Peterson was trying to hard for extra yardage and was holding the ball like a loaf of bread.
A bad exchange.
Birk snapping the ball when TJack wasn't ready.
We only got flagged for three penalties.
We had a good gameplan.
Ray Edwards was a beast on the Dline.
It really befuddles me how we lost that game---obviously it was the turnovers, but they were pretty much all unforced.
Our own players trying to do too much.

I'll be once again devastated if we don't get into the playoffs, but yesterday's game was not Chilly's fault.

Please beat the GIANTS!!!!
SKOL

bleedpurple
12-22-2008, 04:48 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters69" wrote:

I don't know how anyone could blame Childress for this loss unless you didn't watch the game and just hate him.
I was as pissed as anyone after the game yesterday and I'm still livid.
But, not at the coaching staff.
We were obviously the superior team yesterday, but for whatever reason couldn't hold onto the ball.
The offense moved the ball with ease, better than I had seen all year.
The defense played great and gave us a chance to win.
Ced Griffin was awesome.
Peterson has to hold onto the football.
That's on him not Childress.
Berrian needs to fair catch that punt.
Again, not Childress' fault.
And to an extent, all the turnovers were more or less trying to do too much.
Berrian because he returned a punt for a TD the week before was trying to make a play when all he had to do was just make the catch.
Peterson was trying to hard for extra yardage and was holding the ball like a loaf of bread.
A bad exchange.
Birk snapping the ball when TJack wasn't ready.
We only got flagged for three penalties.
We had a good gameplan.
Ray Edwards was a beast on the Dline.
It really befuddles me how we lost that game---obviously it was the turnovers, but they were pretty much all unforced.
Our own players trying to do too much.

I'll be once again devastated if we don't get into the playoffs, but yesterday's game was not Chilly's fault.

Please beat the GIANTS!!!!
SKOL

i don't blame the coaches but i blame them for the crappy clock management... we should have been in a no huddle earlier in the 4th quarter or at the very least in hurry up mode.. not huddle lackadasical mode..

and we should have used our 3 timeouts at the end of the 2nd quarter with about 1:30 left when it was clear they would atleast get a field goal.. but instead we left the timeouts on the board and they ended up kicking a field goal and ran the clock out... with 1:30 left we could have atleast gotten downg he field for a field goal at the least and then got it back after the half to tie it up!!..

lastly, i blame a little bit of the either playing tight or with no energy!!.. it was a very matter of fact effort where we didn't really look like we either wanted to be there or weren't focused or what!!..

like i've said a million times, the end of this season looks eerily similar to last year when we needed to beat the skins and the broncos to get in the playoffs.... we dropped the last 2... very well could do it 2 years in a row!!!

jargomcfargo
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I have to agree. We need a ten year plan.

VikingsTw
12-22-2008, 04:55 PM
"Caine" wrote:

I don't know about the first half time-outs...that wasn't something that I keyed on.
I think part of the reason we didn't was that we didn't want Atlanta extending their drive on our nickle.
Holding them to 3 was a nice pick-up going in.

The urgency you mention was lacking the entire game.
These Vikings never seem to come out pumped up for big games.
Maybe that is Chillers fault.
They never seem to hit the door running, they sort of stroll and try and pick up steam.

As for time wasting in the 4th, I noticed that too, but I think that's more a product of a young QB.

And Singer was right, it was Berrian who fumbled the punt, not Taylor.
My apologies to Chester.

Caine

I think we had plenty of urgency, this isn't a team built for passing verticly or trying to score in the first few plays of a drive. We like ball conrol, running, short passess then hitting the bomb if its there. I thought we had a sense of urgency, I thought we were gonna score on nearly every drive but between Peterson and a couple Tarvaris Jackson mistakes it negated a great day moving the football down the field with ease.

IMO we were plenty pumped for the Bears game when we totaly dominated them in every aspect, same goes with the Cardinals and Yesterday aside from bonehead mistakes. I will admitedly say I was worried about motivation and drive after last years Redskin game but IMO this hasn't been an issue. Although I will say I thought the crowd was lacking in a big way yesterday, I know there were some there that did what they had to do but no energy from the crowd to start that game off.

People keep saying we wasted a bunch of time but in reality we had plenty of time, a no call PI killed our drive that would have put us in really good position to score a TD and send it into OT.

VikingsTw
12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Unbalievable, your blaming Childress for the lack of awarness on a kick return? Berrian has been doing Kick Return since college, what more does Childress need to tell him. This is rediculous.

Sharper? LMAO this dudes been in the league for more than a decade, he should know...

Those certain fundementals are pounded into players from the start of training camp, he doesn't coach to make mistakes, your post is laughable.

A voodoo doll? LMAO sounds as mystical as your post...

jmcdon00
12-22-2008, 05:01 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

While every thing you say is true, don't forget that rookie QB and head coach are 10-5. They have also beaten the coach of Carolina, Greenbay, Chicago, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, San Diego.
We still have a 9-6 record and a very good chance to win the NFC North.

Purple Floyd
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

While every thing you say is true, don't forget that rookie QB and head coach are 10-5. They have also beaten the coach of Carolina, Greenbay, Chicago, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, San Diego.
We still have a 9-6 record and a very good chance to win the NFC North.

So if we would have hired their coach 3 years ago we would have been farther along?

PurplePeopleEaters69
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

Although I will say I thought the crowd was lacking in a big way yesterday, I know there were some there that did what they had to do but no energy from the crowd to start that game off.

The Dome needs to be a big home field advantage and it wasn't yesterday.
Obviously the turnovers hurt, but I was expecting a raucous crowd that would have caused more than 1 false start penalty on Atlanta and would have gotten Ryan rattled.
Hopefully, the crowd and Vikes step up big for Sundays game against the Giants.

CCthebest
12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Unbalievable, your blaming Childress for the lack of awarness on a kick return? Berrian has been doing Kick Return since college, what more does Childress need to tell him. This is rediculous.

Sharper? LMAO this dudes been in the league for more than a decade, he should know...

Those certain fundementals are pounded into players from the start of training camp, he doesn't coach to make mistakes, your post is laughable.

Ok so mistakes aernt a coaches fault, turnovers aernt a coaches fault, 2 stupid penalties on the first drive aernt the coaches fault...does a HC have any fault when his team self destructs? When we could have won the division? Again not all the blame is on Dickless, but hes no coach of the year, and reguardless of what happens this year I want him GONE. Its so funny how when we play well Childress gets the credit, but we play stupidly he gets no blame.

Caine
12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Ok so mistakes aernt a coaches fault, turnovers aernt a coaches fault, 2 stupid penalties on the first drive aernt the coaches fault...does a HC have any fault when his team self destructs? When we could have won the division? Again not all the blame is on Dickless, but hes no coach of the year, and reguardless of what happens this year I want him GONE. Its so funny how when we play well Childress gets the credit, but we play stupidly he gets no blame.

Again, I dislike Chiller more than most - and I hope he's gone too....

...but in fairness I can't pin yesterday on him.
95% of it was stupid player mistakes.
That happens.
It's unfortunate that it all happened in one game.
But most of that was far beyond the ability of a coach to correct until after the fact.

Caine

PackSux!
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Sounds to me like you are blaming Chilly.

Chill out dude, Coaches cant stop the players for making stupid mistakes.
Sure Chilly could of benched Peterson for fumbling but then you would be sitting here saying that Chilly is a bonehead because he benched our best player.
Its obvious you dont like Chilly along with alot of others, but the fact is that he will be our coach next year,
so deal with it.

The Vikings dominated the Falcons yesterday and nobody can deny that.
We lost the turnover battle which lead to the loss on the scoreboard, you take them turnovers away and we killed em.

CCthebest
12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
We didnt dominate anything, except some stats. We choked. How many time did we get into Atlanta territory and not score? Its the same as last year, we play mediocore because thats the type of coach we have. Hes doesnt manage the clock well, we dont use time outs well, and the play calling in the last few drives sucked.

V4L
12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
We actually marched up and down the field quite a few times and
fumbled it away.. There is no doubt in my mind Chilly addressed this after the first one.. Hold the damn ball

It was one of those types of games that don't go your way.. Ryan fumbles and they pick it up for a TD

We are bound to have a game like that.. And I don't put much blame on Chilldress at all

CCthebest
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
One last thing and im going to give this a rest, at least till next week.

Is Childress responsible fror Special Teams at all? Or did Ziggy give Ferreo free reign? Because if Childress could have done something these past 2 years, especially this year, that alone is reason to fire him.

Vikeman
12-22-2008, 08:07 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Is Childress responsible fror Special Teams at all? Or did Ziggy give Ferreo free reign? Because if Childress could have done something these past 2 years, especially this year, that alone is reason to fire him.

Childress is the HEAD COACH.
Any really good head coach can have an impact on any situation of any phase of the team or game.

PackSux!
12-22-2008, 10:21 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

And what does special teams have anything to do with what happened yesterday?

Now your reaching because you sound stupid.

goldseedlbg
12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
When will you chiller fans wake up? Are team is mediocre because our coaching staff is mediocre. Name me one coach who let ryan cook block john abraham one on one? Name me one player we drafted since he been here this moron has developed. Name me one game this moron made one halftime adjustment.
This is not the first,second or even third game adrian has had fumbling problems what has he done to correct this. NOT A DAMN THING. He should have been fired. It is obvious to me the special team unit do not get any practice time what-so-ever.

ultravikingfan
12-22-2008, 11:14 PM
"goldseedlbg" wrote:

When will you chiller fans wake up? Are team is mediocre because our coaching staff is mediocre. Name me one coach who let ryan cook block john abraham one on one? Name me one player we drafted since he been here this moron has developed. Name me one game this moron made one halftime adjustment.
This is not the first,second or even third game adrian has had fumbling problems what has he done to correct this. NOT A DAMN THING. He should have been fired. It is obvious to me the special team unit do not get any practice time what-so-ever.

We know, we know.
That's all you write.

At least this time you post was a little less vulgar.

CCthebest
12-23-2008, 12:26 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

And what does special teams have anything to do with what happened yesterday?

Now your reaching because you sound stupid.

I sound stupid? Whats with the name calling?
This thread is telling Childress haters like myself to chill out. Im explaining the reasons why we we dont need to chill. Simple enough for ya?

VikingsTw
12-23-2008, 12:33 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

I never said mistakes arn't the fault of a coach, I think it all depends on what type of mistakes your discussing. I'm discussing fumbles, something that we normally don't have a huge issue with, although Peterson has had a couple disappointing games but nothing like yesterday. I think there is a slight issue with the personal we put on the field in goal line situtions, particularly the lack of Sidney Rice in a jump ball situation. Why this doesn't happen I have no idea. I've also been confused with the past use of Troy Williamson as kick returner. I don't agree with everything but what you have to understand is that your so biased your pulling Childress under the bus for mistakes made by players 100% responsible for them.

Penalties are another self destruction, Ryan Cook has had an issue with this and pass protecting. The Coaching staff did a good job of identifying that and replacing him with Hicks. Luck has it that Hicks is injured so thats the reason Cook was playing. I think our staff will take a serious look at find a good tackle in FA or through the upcoming draft.

In all Honesty I don't believe our coaching staffs approach from one week to the next dramaticlly changes. There are times when this team performs at a very high level and other times where self destruction really hurts. With the logic thats its all Childress's fault you have to give him full credit for wins when really the players are the ones who excuted the game plan that Coach drew up. Yesterday was a prime example of alot players playing well, but it doesn't do much good if the players that regularly touch the ball, turn it over. Thats their fault, their mistake, if Peterson started pointing the finger at Brad Childress for him fumbling it would sound quite hypacrytical and this is exactly what your doing in your posts.

"Again not all the blame is on Dickless" Thats a fanstatic way to put it and shows your level of imaturity and your hidden hate for Brad Childress.

Nobody said Childress was coach of year but you include this in your hatred woven illusion.

To finish this off Childress gets plenty of the blame when we loose, although this times its gone overboard.

CCthebest
12-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I have never hidden my hatred for Childress.

VikingsTw
12-23-2008, 12:39 AM
"Caine" wrote:

That happens.
But most of that was far beyond the ability of a coach to correct until after the fact.

Caine

If Childress is let go and I find that hard to believe, it will certainly be next year and not this year. It would take total self destruction next year for that to be accomplished. Getting EJ Henderson back, replacing Darren Sharper with Tyrell Johnson and with Tarvaris Jackson's improvement we should be better than ever next season. This isn't even including what we will do to improve this offseason, through FA and a full 7Round Draft.

VikingsTw
12-23-2008, 12:50 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

We didnt dominate anything, except some stats. We choked. How many time did we get into Atlanta territory and not score? Its the same as last year, we play mediocore because thats the type of coach we have. Hes doesnt manage the clock well, we dont use time outs well, and the play calling in the last few drives sucked.

We actually did a pretty good job of dominating the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball, the first half run defense was a little off the ticker but in the second half they stepped up big. Our TE had more recieving yards that their entire passing attack.

I'm not big on putting the game on anyones shoulders but Adrian Peterson chocked bigger than I would have ever imagined. We did plenty to put that game to rest without the Turnovers, especailly the ones in their territory, right when we were about to score.

We're a better team that last year, if you havn't noticed we've basically been on fire since the bye week.

Clock Managment probably isn't our best attirbute but I certainly think that it is over blown, and same goes with the suposab no half time adjustments. We've did fine in that area, especailly this season, take a look at the First half vs the Packers Vs Sencond Half vs the Packers. Same with the Carolina game and the recent Detriot game.

"Play Calling on the last few drives" If i'm not mistaking we scored on our second to the last drive and had the final drive killed by a no call PI. There were certainly some shorter patters and I would agree those wern't the best options, but we certainly had plenty of time to get it done and Tarvaris did a good job of not forcing anything into a turnover. I didn't see a real lack of clock managment.

fourdoorchevelle
12-23-2008, 12:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

i havent deceided how i feel about chilly quiet yet . but from the looks of things its the few preaching to the crowd

in the poll chilly peeked after the 4 game win streak late in the season. but has hovered at the bottom and single digit approval rating all year

HoosierVike
12-23-2008, 12:52 AM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

That happens.

Caine

If Childress is let go and I find that hard to believe, it will certainly be next year and not this year. It would take total self destruction next year for that to be accomplished. Getting EJ Henderson back, replacing Darren Sharper with Tyrell Johnson and with Tarvaris Jackson's improvement we should be better than ever next season. This isn't even including what we will do to improve this offseason, through FA and a full 7Round Draft.

...i love that TJ is playing well...but god i hope we pick up a big QB this offseason..no offense to the kid but we are running out of time to play this guessing game with him..and unless he takes us on some deep playoff run, I will be severely dissapointed if we dont pick up great QB this offseason

VikingsTw
12-23-2008, 12:54 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

I have never hidden my hatred for Childress.

Well there you have it, now we know why your so off on a good amount of your posts. I see no reason to hate Childress, infact its a bad idea to hate anyone but thats just the way society molds most individuals. Alot of people love to hate and destroy values, I personally like the values Childres has brought to our franchise.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-23-2008, 12:55 AM
These are grown men, not high school junior varsity. When you get to a certain point or age, you become less and less coachable. All the yelling in the world will rarely do any good. Tony dungy doesn't yell, and look what his team did in '05(or was it '06), won a super bowl. You tell them what you want done, make a chart, show a demo. and it's up to the players to execute.

Example: A high school O or D lineman holds on nearly every play. The referees have less experience and it moves pretty fast, so they don't catch it. That player starts to get called for it in college, and winds up doing it all the time in the pros.

He gets caught because the game is faster at every level, the players are bigger, stronger, more flexible, smarter.

HoosierVike
12-23-2008, 12:56 AM

These are grown men, not high school junior varsity. When you get to a certain point or age, you become less and less coachable. All the yelling in the world will rarely do any good. Tony dungy doesn't yell, and look what his team did in '05(or was it '06), won a super bowl. You tell them what you want done, make a chart, show a demo. and it's up to the players to execute.

Example: A high school O or D lineman holds on nearly every play. The referees have less experience and it moves pretty fast, so they don't catch it. That player starts to get called for it in college, and winds up doing it all the time in the pros.

He gets caught because the game is faster at every level, the players are bigger, stronger, more flexible, smarter.

I live in Indiana and can honestly say there are quite a few people who want Dungy out...i hear it all the time..."With a good coach this team should have won 2 or 3 superbowls by now"...My point being..every team has fans who hate the coach..they'll never go away..whether it is warranted or not

VikingsTw
12-23-2008, 01:00 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Childress is responsible for alot of things, but I know for certain he cannott hold onto the football for Adrian Peterson, or take the hand-off for him. I know that Childress is involved in every aspect of this team, including specail teams, he also has a say in every player that we bring into the orginization and finally he's responsible for the direction of the future.

Specail Teams has been an ugly unit at times but I would say that their best football is right in the "now".

VikingsTw
12-23-2008, 01:12 AM
"HoosierVike" wrote:

...i love that TJ is playing well...but god i hope we pick up a big QB this offseason..no offense to the kid but we are running out of time to play this guessing game with him..and unless he takes us on some deep playoff run, I will be severely dissapointed if we dont pick up great QB this offseason

I don't see that happening, IMO Tarvaris Jackson is a big QB, right now its still early in his carear, he's not even yet to peak all the way. He hardly has the experience of a full seasons playing time this is the worst time to go away from him. IMO we are not running out of time, if Childress has done anything its making this team better every offseason and every draft, its an ongoing puzzle that continues. While guys like Pat Williams and Antonie Winfiled, Darren Shaper and Matt Birk get older they will have to be replaced with good players. I think we can get that done.

I don't think there are alot of great QB's hitting the market this offseason and I highly doubt we will find anything better than Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty. The more time a QB gets in this system the better off he is, right now Tarvaris is doing great and Booty is getting his early work on the sideline. We will likely draft another QB in the offseason.

fourdoorchevelle
12-23-2008, 01:13 AM
right or wrong but the coach is always the goat/genuis

Bill
Belichick
- "brilliant"

Les Steckel- "WTF"

really since our playoff string with green , the playoffs seem near impossible to get to.

is it all the coach? is it a cheap owner? is it bad players?

you have to have all of it. good teams dont do well with bad coaching. bad teams dont do well with good coaches...... or do they (see pats , maybe not a bad team but...) ?
with cheap owner you have neither.

to blame every thing on the coach is unrealistic , but to say that nfl players arent coacheable is being blind.

who fixed tikis fumbling? how did the no name pats win the big one 4 times?

some times players dont respond. can you get rid of a whole team? but genuis coach or not the hc is the fall guy. unless your gm is millen
:P unfortunatly this is a show me league and head coaches rarely get more than 4 years .... so childress show me , your job depends on it, get us to the playoffs. shit win the freaking superbowl. with out that there is no way i see you here past next season. if we lose against the giants you may find your self in the bread line sooner than that.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 08:13 AM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

"HoosierVike" wrote:

......snip.... if Childress has done anything its making this team better every offseason and every draft, its an ongoing puzzle that continues.......snip

Nice post.

I like how this organization has built this team via the draft and believe they have done a nice job picking up pieces/parts in the FA market to fill a couple of glaring holes, however, you missed the mark on one point.

The progress (and credit) this team has made with respect to improving the roster/depth via the draft/FA is a direct reflection on Rick Spielman and his collegiate/pro scouts under Studwell/Patton as well.

Now if you want to give him (and the coaching staff) credit for coaching those players up and getting them ready to play each and every week since they were drafted, then I will agree with your statement to a point.

http://www.vikings.com/TeamFrontOffice.aspx

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 08:21 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Sure the HC is responsible for everything.
Sure the HC chops off on all game plans and possibly even puts some additional stuff in them.
Sure the HC actually steps in and provides some coaching in each and every area of the team during thier weekly preps.

Problem with your line of thinking (even though you are on track) is that your posts tend to be so negative towards the Chiller most people miss the good points you are making.

With that said, would you agree that the players have some sort of culpability with respect to thier actions on the field and will often do things that are way beyond the control of the coaches (ala fumble, throw an INT, commit a penalty) regardless of how many hours are spent in the film session and in the practice sessions?

BleedinPandG
12-23-2008, 08:33 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Sure the HC chops off on all game plans and possibly even puts some additional stuff in them.
Sure the HC actually steps in and provides some coaching in each and every area of the team during thier weekly preps.

Problem with your line of thinking (even though you are on track) is that your posts tend to be so negative towards the Chiller most people miss the good points you are making.

With that said, would you agree that the players have some sort of culpability with respect to thier actions on the field and will often do things that are way beyond the control of the coaches (ala fumble, throw an INT, commit a penalty) regardless of how many hours are spent in the film session and in the practice sessions?

No... we all know players are just puppets and Chilly is pulling all the strings... if a player screws up OBVIOUSLY Chilly pulled the wrong string... Off with his head!!!

Chiller's game plan held an efficient opposing offense to 230? yards... his game plan achieved 350+ yards of offense... you don't win games at -4 in the turnover category and I don't see how a head coach has anything to do with that statistic.
I still don't even understand the hating.
We're on pace to make the playoffs and people want a new coach.
Why?
Because they think we're so talented?
Every decent teams fan base thinks they're so talented... gimme a friggin break.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 08:42 AM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

No... we all know players are just puppets and Chilly is pulling all the strings... if a player screws up OBVIOUSLY Chilly pulled the wrong string... Off with his head!!!

Chiller's game plan held an efficient opposing offense to 230? yards... his game plan achieved 350+ yards of offense... you don't win games at -4 in the turnover category and I don't see how a head coach has anything to do with that statistic.
Why?
Every decent teams fan base thinks they're so talented... gimme a friggin break.

I hear ya my friend.

One thing I have learned from being on sites like this, there are a few posters who tend to want to hate on a player or coach regardless of the validity behind that hating.

Go back through the threads. Of late it was Shanc, then as he started to come around it shifted to Griff.
Oooops, he starts to play good so they shift to Cook.
Who will be next when they actually realize they are off the mark (as they usually are) on him?
::)

Take that cat Marrdro for instance.
He has serious issues with respect to ex-PUKER players for some reason.

Guys like that just cause me to wonder.
Guess you just have to take them with a grain of salt and view thier posts for what they are.......Entertainment and a means to pass the time trying to convince them what yutz's they really are.......

BleedinPandG
12-23-2008, 08:51 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I hear ya My Sexy Little Pixie.

One thing I have learned from being on sites like this, there are a few posters who tend to want to hate on a player or coach regardless of the validity behind that hating.

Go back through the threads. Of late it was Shanc, then as he started to come around it shifted to Griff.
Who will be next when they actually realize they are off the mark (as they usually are) on him?

Guess you just have to take them with a grain of salt and view thier posts for what they are.......Entertainment and a means to pass the time trying to convince them what yutz's they really are.......

Two important things my grandpa taught me...

1)
Don't fight with a pig... you both end up muddy but only they like it...

2)
Don't argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience...

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 08:54 AM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Two important things my grandpa taught me...

1)
Don't fight with a pig... you both end up muddy but only they like it...

2)
Don't argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience...

I think its time you made it into my sig.
With your permission, and Grandpa's of as well, I am gonna stick the second one in there.

Instant classic.....

singersp
12-23-2008, 08:54 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Why?

I hear ya my friend.

Yep, there are those that hate on a Vikings player only because they once donned a green & gold uniform.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 08:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Why?

Then there are those that hate on a Vikings player only because they once donned a green & gold uniform.

Yea, I mentioned that guy in my post.
He is a yutz isn't he......

singersp
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Why?

Then there are those that hate on a Vikings player only because they once donned a green & gold uniform.

Yea, I mentioned that guy in my post.
He is a yutz isn't he......

Only to excess.
:P

VikesFan4Life
12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
If we win the division, he stays for sure.

If we miss the playoffs, I'm still not convinced that he'll be fired.
Could be wrong though.

V-Unit
12-23-2008, 09:19 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I hear ya my friend.

We are Vikings Fans. We have absolutely no reason to believe in a player until he shows us that he can be believed in.

The same goes for coaches.

I am definitely going to give the coach some blame when he puts a sloppy offense on the field. Is it totally his fault? No, but it his partly his fault.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 09:22 AM
"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

We are Vikings Fans. We have absolutely no reason to believe in a player until he shows us that he can be believed in.

I am definitely going to give the coach some blame when he puts a sloppy offense on the field. Is it totally his fault? No, but it his partly his fault.

And any sane fan would agree with you 100%.
Its the yutz's that put ALL the blame on the HC that just get me rolling in my chair LMFAO over thier lunacy..... ;D

V-Unit
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Its the yutz's that put ALL the blame on the HC that just get me rolling in my chair LMFAO over thier lunacy..... ;D

It's not fair to blame individual mistakes on the coach, but when those penalties and turnovers start to happen on a consistent basis, the case for bad coaching gets easier and easier. At this point it's as if we don't stress ball security at all during the week.

Childress was brought here as a QB guru first and a disciplinarian second.

singersp
12-23-2008, 09:43 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Yet when Childress put that sloppy team on the field in week one, it was Jackson who got the blame for that loss by the majority of the fans here.

Only a handful of us knew Childress didn't have the team prepared for that game.

Only a few of us stated it prior to playing that game.

cyviking
12-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Its simple really if the Vikings win the North one way or another next week Chilly will be our coach next year.

If fate is against us as it seems to be and the Bears find a way to win the North then Chilly will not be our coach next year.

V-Unit
12-23-2008, 09:49 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Yet when Childress put that sloppy team on the field in week one, it was Jackson who got the blame for that loss by the majority of the fans here.

Only a handful of us knew Childress didn't have the team prepared for that game.

I wouldn't call our week one offense sloppy. Ineffective? Yes, but not sloppy.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

It's not fair to blame individual mistakes on the coach, but when those penalties and turnovers start to happen on a consistent basis, the case for bad coaching gets easier and easier. At this point it's as if we don't stress ball security at all during the week.

I still ponder were the "QB Guru" perception came from and why people believe that is the reason he was brought here.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 09:52 AM
"cyviking" wrote:

Its simple really if the Vikings win the North one way or another next week Chilly will be our coach next year.

If fate is against us as it seems to be and the Bears find a way to win the North then Chilly will not be our coach next year.

I know that there is still a contingent out there that believe this, however, IMHO unless he loses this team (they quit playing hard for him) he isn't going anywhere.

VikesFan4Life
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I still ponder were the "QB Guru" perception came from and why people believe that is the reason he was brought here.

I've always wondered where that came from as well.
Along with the notion that he's an "offensive genius", I think he had little to do with the installation and success of Philly's offensive system - that's Andy Reid's baby.

Surely, the guy knows football but is probably not on the "genius" level when it comes to offense; the guy was the OC at Wisconsin for cryin' out loud - run Ron Dayne and let Darrell Bevell pass once in a while.

Just my $.02 worth... ;D

bleedpurple
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

I waffle on Childress, because while i believe in what he's doing talent wise, i'm not sure he's the guy to get us over the hump!.. It's almost like a Tony Dungy thing, he get's tampa close and gruden comes in and wins the whole thing... we'll see!!

However, he's been here 3 years now, and we've to this point have had 4 meaningful games, with playoff implications.. the past two seasons seem to mirror themselves, as the same with Mike Tice, under Tice we started fast, and limped down the stretch.. Under chilly, we start slow, get it going during October and November, and right when we need 1 game to clinch, we tank it in....

while some of this may be the players, you dont' see Bill Belichek or Tony Dungy teams completely tank or come out flat in games like we've had the last two years... it goes both ways, but just like Tice teams that showed a trend, i'm starting to see a trend with Chilly teams, and I don't like it!..The jury is out for atleast 1 more game, but seriously, do we think he's the coach that can take us there...?

Yes, every fan of every team may have some shaded glasses on, but we've all seen and know what kind of talent this team has, and for us to underachieve it's just sickening... Granted we're all vikings fans, so we should be used to it, but is that really an excuse?..

I don't blame Chilly for everthing, but overall this is his football team and their lack of focus and heart in BIG games concerns me!..

Purple D
12-23-2008, 10:00 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

I waffle on Childress, because while i believe in what he's doing talent wise, i'm not sure he's the guy to get us over the hump!.. It's almost like a Tony Dungy thing, he get's tampa close and gruden comes in and wins the whole thing... we'll see!!

However, he's been here 3 years now, and we've to this point have had 4 meaningful games, with playoff implications.. the past two seasons seem to mirror themselves, as the same with Mike Tice, under Tice we started fast, and limped down the stretch.. Under chilly, we start slow, get it going during October and November, and right when we need 1 game to clinch, we tank it in....

while some of this may be the players, you dont' see Bill Belichek or Tony Dungy teams completely tank or come out flat in games like we've had the last two years... it goes both ways, but just like Tice teams that showed a trend, i'm starting to see a trend with Chilly teams, and I don't like it!..The jury is out for atleast 1 more game, but seriously, do we think he's the coach that can take us there...?

Yes, every fan of every team may have some shaded glasses on, but we've all seen and know what kind of talent this team has, and for us to underachieve it's just sickening... Granted we're all vikings fans, so we should be used to it, but is that really an excuse?..

I don't blame Chilly for everthing, but overall this is his football team and their lack of focus and heart in BIG games concerns me!..

I don't think their is a lack of heart, maybe Focus and stick em on our hands but not Heart.

Purple Floyd
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

It was the tag he was given by a hack in the media when he was hired because nobody really knew what he did and they used it to sell him as the guy for the job. He was given the credit for developing McNabb in Philly and really that was pretty much all that could have been said because Reid all but ran the offense and called the plays. So there was really no way to say he was an offensive genius or was responsible for any type of new scheme etc.

But he did go to Marmion.

Marrdro
12-23-2008, 10:07 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

It was the tag he was given by a hack in the media when he was hired because nobody really knew what he did and they used it to sell him as the guy for the job. He was given the credit for developing McNabb in Philly and really that was pretty much all that could have been said because Reid all but ran the offense and called the plays. So there was really no way to say he was an offensive genius or was responsible for any type of new scheme etc.

So what your telling me is that some media hack, who didn't want to do any reporting, actually pulled something out of his ass and the minless masses bought into it.

PSSSSSHAWWWWWWW.
Say it isn't so.
;D
;D
;D

bleedpurple
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
"Purple" wrote:

"bleedpurple" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

I don't think their is a lack of heart, maybe Focus and stick em on our hands but not Heart.

I don't mean heart as in playing hard or getting pushed around, i mean lack of heart to come out inspired and take control of your own destiny instead of aimlessly hoping it just comes to you or that you somehow fall into it!...

ragz
12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

So what your telling me is that some media hack, who didn't want to do any reporting, actually pulled something out of his jiggly butt and the minless masses bought into it.

PSSSSSHAWWWWWWW.
Say it isn't so.

;D
;D
;D

well uff's right, it was all an illusion built off of the success of the eagles which was mostly due to andy reid, but it wasn't exactly like wilf or nfl people didn't exactly have the thought on their own.
i seriously doubt the media made our higher ups think he was an offensive guru, and also made them give him the benefit of the doubt when it came to the qb situations over the 3 years.
they bought it themselves and now the media is just harping on it by really examining his resume when they shoulda been doing that 3 years ago.

Purple Floyd
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

So what your telling me is that some media hack, who didn't want to do any reporting, actually pulled something out of his ass and the minless masses bought into it.

PSSSSSHAWWWWWWW.
Say it isn't so.
;D
;D
;D

Not everyone bought into it but some did ;)

Marrdro
12-24-2008, 09:55 AM
"ragz" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

So what your telling me is that some media hack, who didn't want to do any reporting, actually pulled something out of his jiggly butt and the minless masses bought into it.

PSSSSSHAWWWWWWW.
Say it isn't so.

;D
;D
;D

well uff's right, it was all an illusion built off of the success of the eagles which was mostly due to andy reid, but it wasn't exactly like wilf or nfl people didn't exactly have the thought on their own.
i seriously doubt the media made our higher ups think he was an offensive guru, and also made them give him the benefit of the doubt when it came to the qb situations over the 3 years.
they bought it themselves and now the media is just harping on it by really examining his resume when they shoulda been doing that 3 years ago.

Do you really believe this guys resume/credentials weren't discussed in great detail?

Not really sure this new regime would pull a O'Leary my friend.

Quick question, if you really believe this organization hired him only because they thought he was a QB guru, why in the hell did they then go out and get the real QB guru as thier QB coach?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2288906

If a yutz like me is smart enough to see that Coach Rogers had more to do with McNabbs QB skills, and the organization hired him, then why would they believe/hire the Chiller in that capacity?

Nope, this illusion that you speak of is nothing more than something that has been perpetrated by the local sports hacks that were to lazy to do any actual reporting and bought off on by the masses who buy into thier crap.

singersp
12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Do you really believe this guys resume/credentials weren't discussed in great detail?

Not really sure this new regime would pull a O'Leary my friend.

Quick question, if you really believe this organization hired him only because they thought he was a QB guru, why in the hell did they then go out and get the real QB guru as thier QB coach?

If a yutz like me is smart enough to see that Coach Rogers had more to do with McNabbs QB skills, and the organization hired him, then why would they believe/hire the Chiller in that capacity?

Nope, this illusion that you speak of is nothing more than something that has been perpetrated by the local sports hacks that were to lazy to do any actual reporting and bought off on by the masses who buy into thier crap.

He is not a QB guru either. Having coached 1 good QB that has come thru your school doesn't qualify you as a guru.

If that were true, there are several QB gurus out there.

i_bleed_purple
12-24-2008, 10:13 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

"Purple" wrote:

"bleedpurple" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I don't mean heart as in playing hard or getting pushed around, i mean lack of heart to come out inspired and take control of your own destiny instead of aimlessly hoping it just comes to you or that you somehow fall into it!...

How do you figure they didn't come out inspired and wanting to take control.
If i recall correctly, our offense had no problems whatsoever moving the football.
Our d gave up some yards, but we don't have Pat there to help the run, so its tougher to defend a balanced attack.
If it weren't for a botched punt (kinda hard to pin that on childress) we'd be laughing.
If it weren't for 2 drive killing red zone fumbles by peterson, we'd be winning.

Marrdro
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Not really sure this new regime would pull a O'Leary My Sexy Little Pixie.

He is not a QB guru either. Having coached 1 good QB that has come thru your school doesn't qualify you as a guru.

1 good QB?

Maybe our newshound needs to do a bit of research on coach Rogers.
He was nationally recognized for the QB's he has developed.

singersp
12-24-2008, 11:07 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

The newshound doesn't do college sports.

Who are all these QB's you speak of?

C Mac D
12-24-2008, 11:43 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

I'm eager to see these QBs as well.

Marrdro
12-25-2008, 04:59 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

Did you even use he links?
I refuse to type the guys name.
He just pisses me off.

Try this one......

http://www.vikings.com/TeamCoachProfile_Kevin_Rogers.aspx

Purple Floyd
12-25-2008, 06:31 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

McNabb was the only name on there who panned out in the NFL.

The others like Marcus Vick ,Jarius Jackson and Bryan Randall never did squat in the NFL. Although Marcus Vick really excelled in the penitentiary league.

singersp
12-25-2008, 10:28 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

The others like Marcus Vick ,Jarius Jackson and Bryan Randall never did squat in the NFL. Although Marcus Vick really excelled in the penitentiary league.

LMAO!

nephilimstorm
12-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Childress is improving as a coach...I see this as one of those coaches who stink it up for a bit before building a dynasty- you never know :)

V4L
12-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Marr I agree with you about 57 percent of the time

But this time you are wrong.. And im sorry.. I always try to back you up!!

But Rogers was considered a decent coach.. But not a QB guru.. Pretty much just Chilly's friend

Marrdro
12-26-2008, 09:17 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

So the bench mark for QB's is if they made it to the NFL?
Forgiveeeeeeee meeeeee.

Comeon, the guy worked miracles with guys like Marcus.
At least around these here parts he is considered a guru.
At least a hell of a lot more than the Chiller is.

Which gets back to my original point.
Admit it, you guys just bought into the drivel that the local hacks were selling and now, as someone said earlier, are believing it.

Mindless massessssss.
;D

Marrdro
12-26-2008, 09:19 AM
"V4L" wrote:

Marr I agree with you about 57 percent of the time

But this time you are wrong.. And im sorry.. I always try to back you up!!

But Rogers was considered a decent coach.. But not a QB guru.. Pretty much just Chilly's friend

Based on what?

Face it, the guy got more out of those cats than what was to be expected.
Again, around here, he is ranked pretty high for what he did with Marcus (who by the way should never have played QB).

Purple Floyd
12-26-2008, 09:34 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

1 good QB?

Forgiveeeeeeee meeeeee.

Admit it, you guys just bought into the drivel that the local hacks were selling and now, as someone said earlier, are believing it.

Mindless massessssss.
;D

That was not a very compelling or convincing retort. ;) ;D

<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfMcqB9jwS0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/06/AR2006010601017.html

Quarterback Marcus Vick's career at Virginia Tech is over after the school dismissed the junior from the football team yesterday, citing "a cumulative effect of legal infractions and unsportsmanlike play."

Vick's Troubled Career

Since Marcus Vick enrolled at Virginia Tech in 2002, his career has been marked by incidents on and off the field :

July 13, 2002: Vick is cited for speeding (60 mph in 45-mph zone) in Newport News, Va.

Oct. 11, 2002: Vick is cited for speeding (49 mph in 25-mph zone) in Montgomery County, Va.

Nov. 1, 2002: Vick is cited for speeding (44 mph in 25-mph zone) Blacksburg, Va.

Sept. 2, 2003: Vick, as a redshirt freshman, is suspended by Coach Frank Beamer one game for violating unspecified team policies.

Jan. 30, 2003: Vick is cited for driving with a suspended license in Newport News, Va.

Feb. 17, 2004: Vick, then 19, and two teammates are charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which involved serving alcohol to underage girls in the football players' apartment Jan. 27. All three are convicted but avoid jail and reduce their fines by pleading no contest before a scheduled retrial.

May 2004: Virginia Tech Director of Athletics Jim Weaver suspends the three players for the first three games of the 2004 season.

July 3, 2004: Vick is stopped for speeding (88 mph in 65-mph zone) and charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana in New Kent, Va. He later pleads guilty to the first charge and no contest to the latter.

July 6, 2004: Weaver suspends Vick from the team indefinitely.

Aug. 3, 2004: The university suspends Vick for the entire fall season. Virginia Tech President Charles Steger says at the time, "If there is any more trouble, his Virginia Tech career is effectively ended."

Oct. 1, 2005: After running out of bounds during a game in Morgantown, W.Va., Vick makes an obscene gesture to the crowd and bumps West Virginia assistant coach Tony Gibson's head with his forearm.

Dec. 17, 2005: Vick was arrested in Hampton, Va., for speeding (38 mph in 25-mph zone) and is charged with driving on a suspended or revoked license, a misdemeanor.

Jan. 2, 2006: In a Gator Bowl victory over Louisville, Vick stomps on the calf of Cardinals lineman Elvis Dumervil, who had just sacked him. Game officials do not see the incident, which is replayed numerous times on television.

Jan. 6, 2006: Virginia Tech permanently dismisses Vick.

Sources: Previous staff and wire reports.

I guess you are right. He did do wonders ::)

Marrdro
12-26-2008, 09:36 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

1 good QB?

Forgiveeeeeeee meeeeee.

Mindless massessssss.

;D

That was not a very compelling or convincing retort. ;) ;D

<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfMcqB9jwS0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/06/AR2006010601017.html

Quarterback Marcus Vick's career at Virginia Tech is over after the school dismissed the junior from the football team yesterday, citing "a cumulative effect of legal infractions and unsportsmanlike play."

Vick's Troubled Career

Since Marcus Vick enrolled at Virginia Tech in 2002, his career has been marked by incidents on and off the field :

July 13, 2002: Vick is cited for speeding (60 mph in 45-mph zone) in Newport News, Va.

Oct. 11, 2002: Vick is cited for speeding (49 mph in 25-mph zone) in Montgomery County, Va.

Nov. 1, 2002: Vick is cited for speeding (44 mph in 25-mph zone) Blacksburg, Va.

Sept. 2, 2003: Vick, as a redshirt freshman, is suspended by Coach Frank Beamer one game for violating unspecified team policies.

Jan. 30, 2003: Vick is cited for driving with a suspended license in Newport News, Va.

Feb. 17, 2004: Vick, then 19, and two teammates are charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which involved serving alcohol to underage girls in the football players' apartment Jan. 27. All three are convicted but avoid jail and reduce their fines by pleading no contest before a scheduled retrial.

May 2004: Virginia Tech Director of Athletics Jim Weaver suspends the three players for the first three games of the 2004 season.

July 3, 2004: Vick is stopped for speeding (88 mph in 65-mph zone) and charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana in New Kent, Va. He later pleads guilty to the first charge and no contest to the latter.

July 6, 2004: Weaver suspends Vick from the team indefinitely.

Aug. 3, 2004: The university suspends Vick for the entire fall season. Virginia Tech President Charles Steger says at the time, "If there is any more trouble, his Virginia Tech career is effectively ended."

Oct. 1, 2005: After running out of bounds during a game in Morgantown, W.Va., Vick makes an obscene gesture to the crowd and bumps West Virginia assistant coach Tony Gibson's head with his forearm.

Dec. 17, 2005: Vick was arrested in Hampton, Va., for speeding (38 mph in 25-mph zone) and is charged with driving on a suspended or revoked license, a misdemeanor.

Jan. 2, 2006: In a Gator Bowl victory over Louisville, Vick stomps on the calf of Cardinals lineman Elvis Dumervil, who had just sacked him. Game officials do not see the incident, which is replayed numerous times on television.

Jan. 6, 2006: Virginia Tech permanently dismisses Vick.

Sources: Previous staff and wire reports.

I guess you are right. He did do wonders ::)

Can't do much better if the benchmark is how many of his QB's made it to the NFL level. Sorry.

Again his rep here is based on what he has done with what he had to work with.

ragz
12-29-2008, 07:30 AM
well the bottom line is, both guys resumes are more rooted in college than in the pros, and in most cases we have seen how that worked out.
and to be honest, our offense looks alot like a college system but not one of the creative ones, but like a nebraska team from like the 80s.
rogers, bevell, whoever, bottom line is childress was the so called "offensive cooridinator" in philly, having been a part of the development of mcnabb, and been a part of a team that went to nfc championship games, and a super bowl trip.
he was considered an offensive mind, and i'm sure has been as hands on with jackson more than any player, if not, not exactly good coaching.

yesterday is a perfect example of how his coaching can effect jackson.
if the end of that game, or for that matter many games, is how he manages the clock and thats who jackson is being taught by, how do you think that would affect his development.
to me it seems that even within the final 2 minutes of games, the coaches are still controlling too much of whats going on the field which is chewing up time, and not allowing a qb to go out there and just win it.
when elway or marino was leading their teams back from deficits, how many huddles or play calls from the sidelines were they waiting for?
and then factor in what the playcalls end up being when they actually come in, and any label he gets that has an offensive theme doesn't feel warranted.
this is something they should be practicing and be prepared for where everyone knows what they are about gonna do after each situation happens.
instead we look like we are sitting around most times waiting to be told what to do.
it aggitates me to no end.