PDA

View Full Version : 3 Scenarios for Next Season



misplacedminnesotan
12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Sorry for not coming by more often, my masters program has taken a lot of time.
I figured I would throw in 3 scenarios that could happen with the sudden starting of Jackson as QB.

1.
Jackson emerges as the QB many hoped he could be.
Vikings win 2 of 3 make the post season and win a couple of games making it to NFC championship and lose by a slim margin.
Childress stays and Jackson becomes QB of the present and future.
Likelihood: Highly Unlikely

2.
Jackson fails miserably causes the team to implode loosing all 3 games and missing playoff.
Childress is released.
A new coach comes in and gets a QB that he wants.
Likelihood:
Somewhat Likely.

3.
Jackson struggles but manages to win 1 game.
Vikings back into the playoffs and are knocked out in the first round.
Childress keeps his job but is still in the hot seat.
Childress gets McNabb as the QB for the present, and gets a QB of the future with either the QB's we have, or through the draft.
Likelihood: Likely.

Post thoughts.
I'll be back after work, class, and homework on Friday.
In the meantime.....bed.

gregair13
12-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Williams suspended.

singersp
12-12-2008, 04:49 AM
3 Scenarios for this thread.

1. Invigorating new thread with subject matter that has never been discussed before. Thread emerges as PP.O.s all-time most popular. Likelihood: Highly Unlikely

2. Thread stays around for more than a day. Likelihood:
Somewhat Likely

3. Thread is locked/merged. Likelihood: Most Likely

:D

ejmat
12-12-2008, 06:16 AM
"singersp" wrote:


3 Scenarios for this thread.

1. Invigorating new thread with subject matter that has never been discussed before. Thread emerges as PP.O.s all-time most popular. Likelihood: Highly Unlikely

2. Thread stays around for more than a day. Likelihood:
Somewhat Likely

3. Thread is locked/merged. Likelihood: Most Likely


You are rough Singer.
;D
Have me cracking up.
Hey, give the guy a break.
;D

Purple Floyd
12-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Scenario 4:

The KAO actually works and we win the SB for the second consecutive year.

vikesfargo
12-12-2008, 11:07 AM
What we don't know:

1. The news with Kenichi Udeze. This is the most important of all.

2. Whether the Williams Bros. will be suspended at the beginning of the season.

3. Is EJ Henderson all the way back?

4. How much does Sharper have left? Do we have a successor for him in place?

5. How do our special teams coverage and return units look?

6. Has Gus Frerotte retired?

7. Which quarterbacks are in training camp besides Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty, and how are the quarterbacks looking?

8. Who did we draft? Who did we sign in free agency?

9. What is the status of our offensive line?

10. How are our wide receivers looking this year?

11. Is the Minnesota legislature going to help build a retractable roof stadium as part of an economic stimulus program?

BloodyHorns82
12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:


Sorry for not coming by more often, my masters program has taken a lot of time.
I figured I would throw in 3 scenarios that could happen with the sudden starting of Jackson as QB.

1.
Jackson emerges as the QB many hoped he could be.
Vikings win 2 of 3 make the post season and win a couple of games making it to NFC championship and lose by a slim margin.
Childress stays and Jackson becomes QB of the present and future.
Likelihood: Highly Unlikely

2.
Jackson fails miserably causes the team to implode loosing all 3 games and missing playoff.
Childress is released.
A new coach comes in and gets a QB that he wants.
Likelihood:
Somewhat Likely.

3.
Jackson struggles but manages to win 1 game.
Vikings back into the playoffs and are knocked out in the first round.
Childress keeps his job but is still in the hot seat.
Childress gets McNabb as the QB for the present, and gets a QB of the future with either the QB's we have, or through the draft.
Likelihood: Likely.

Post thoughts.
I'll be back after work, class, and homework on Friday.
In the meantime.....bed.


I think 3 is likely, except I highly doubt that McNabb will be a Viking next year.

El Vikingo
12-12-2008, 11:34 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Scenario 4:

The KAO actually works and we win the SB for the second consecutive year.


Second
???

C Mac D
12-12-2008, 11:36 AM
"El" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Scenario 4:

The KAO actually works and we win the SB for the second consecutive year.


Second
???


Didn't you know? We're winning the Super Bowl over the Colts this year.

El Vikingo
12-12-2008, 11:43 AM
"C" wrote:


"El" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Scenario 4:

The KAO actually works and we win the SB for the second consecutive year.


Second
???


Didn't you know? We're winning the Super Bowl over the Colts this year.


Don´t foolish yourself ,you were the one who took that sig out.

As far as I am concerned :

http://situbusit.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/i-want-to-believe.jpg

marstc09
12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I hope TJ is the answer but regardless we need some QGs in here. Seems like Tebow like McCoy wants to stay in college. We might be screwed for the draft. Come save us Brett!

bleedpurple
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:


What we don't know:

1. The news with Kenichi Udeze. This is the most important of all.

2. Whether the Williams Bros. will be suspended at the beginning of the season.

3. Is EJ Henderson all the way back?

4. How much does Sharper have left? Do we have a successor for him in place?

5. How do our special teams coverage and return units look?

6. Has Gus Frerotte retired?

7. Which quarterbacks are in training camp besides Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty, and how are the quarterbacks looking?

8. Who did we draft? Who did we sign in free agency?

9. What is the status of our offensive line?

10. How are our wide receivers looking this year?

11. Is the Minnesota legislature going to help build a retractable roof stadium as part of an economic stimulus program?


yu forgot one...

will childress return next season or not??

cc21
12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Why does everyone hate Childress so much? He isnt calling our plays, its our offensive coordinator. Correct? I mean I understand that he could show a little more emotion at times and take charge but I do not understand why people blame ever loss on him...

C Mac D
12-12-2008, 03:52 PM
"cc21" wrote:


Why does everyone hate Childress so much? He isnt calling our plays, its our offensive coordinator. Correct? I mean I understand that he could show a little more emotion at times and take charge but I do not understand why people blame ever loss on him...


He's the reason we're stuck with Jackson or Ferrotte...

It's arguably the worst QB situation in the league.

2beersTommy
12-12-2008, 03:57 PM
"C" wrote:


"cc21" wrote:


Why does everyone hate Childress so much? He isnt calling our plays, its our offensive coordinator. Correct? I mean I understand that he could show a little more emotion at times and take charge but I do not understand why people blame ever loss on him...


He's the reason we're stuck with Jackson or Ferrotte...

It's arguably the worst QB situation in the league.

and just think, coming down to the final 3 games of the year, ALL against above average opponents, and with TJack at the helm..its do or die for both Chilly & TJack. Me personally..Id rather see us shit the bed the 3 final games, than see Chiller & TJack here next season

C Mac D
12-12-2008, 04:03 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"cc21" wrote:


Why does everyone hate Childress so much? He isnt calling our plays, its our offensive coordinator. Correct? I mean I understand that he could show a little more emotion at times and take charge but I do not understand why people blame ever loss on him...


He's the reason we're stuck with Jackson or Ferrotte...

It's arguably the worst QB situation in the league.

and just think, coming down to the final 3 games of the year, ALL against above average opponents, and with TJack at the helm..its do or die for both Chilly & TJack. Me personally..Id rather see us shit the bed the 3 final games, than see Chiller & TJack here next season


Eh, I can't buy into that mentality anymore... F*ck that, I want to see us win.

Who cares if Chiller is the coach, I just want a Super Bowl! YOU SHOULD TOO!!!

I agree, it's do-or-die time for Chiller, but that's what makes these next three weeks so awesome. I'd love if the Vikes went 11-5 and took a run in the playoffs.

As ESPN would say, COME'ON MAN!!!!

Ranger
12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't think we're built for a Superbowl quite yet.
I do, however, think we can make the playoffs and gain much needed confidence, chemistry and experience.

I am really pulling for TJack, as I would for any Vikes quarterback, but more than Gus because Jackson has the potential to be our guy for years to come.
Gus is limited because of his age...his book is already written.

For everybody that wants us to tank and pick up the best quarterback in the draft, well, guys like Ryan are the exception to the rule.
If we pick up a rookie quarterback, even if he's destined to be good or great, it's going to be three years or so before he really begins to make a huge impact on the team.
Pat will probably be gone, Sharper will be gone, Winfield might be done, Birk might be gone, Hutch and McKinnie might decline...there are a lot of potentially bad things that can happen in three years.

I want Jackson to belly up to the challenge and elevate his game.
Take a few shots down field, sling the ball when you need to, take control of the game when it has to be done.
He doesn't have to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady for this team to do very well, he merely has to be average.
If he can give us an average passing attack, our rushing attack and defense will take us places.

I'm upset that Gus got hurt, and it sucks that we're without our starting quarterback, but I'm very curious to see if Jackson can rise to the occasion.
It's times like these when guys show what they're really made of.

gagarr
12-12-2008, 06:13 PM
My scenario:

TJ looks horrible against Cards and Falcons, Vikes in desperation put Booty in against the Giants.

Booty goes 24 of 29 for 346 yards, 4 TD's, 0 Ints, 0 sacks, rushes for 45 yds 1TD.

Vikes make the playoffs and play the Cowgirls.
Cowgirls are down by 21 at half.


Jerry Jones pulls Ware and Ellis aside and puts a $500,000 bounty on AD and Booty.
Then pulls Adams aside and places a $500,000 bounty on JA.

All players are taken out with cheap shots in 3rd quarter, but league ignores it.

Jones says "My players were just trying hard" with his typical smirk

Vikeman
12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


My scenario:

TJ looks horrible against Cards and Falcons, Vikes in desperation put Booty in against the Giants.

Booty goes 24 of 29 for 346 yards, 4 TD's, 0 Ints, 0 sacks, rushes for 45 yds 1TD.

Vikes make the playoffs and play the Cowgirls.
Cowgirls are down by 21 at half.


Jerry Jones pulls Ware and Ellis aside and puts a $500,000 bounty on AD and Booty.
Then pulls Adams aside and places a $500,000 bounty on JA.

All players are taken out with cheap shots in 3rd quarter, but league ignores it.

Jones says "My players were just trying hard" with his typical smirk


Don't know how serious you are but do you really think that kind of performance is possible by Booty vs. that pass rush???

V-Unit
12-12-2008, 06:38 PM
There should only be two scenarios as far as I'm concerned:

1. We sign or draft a QB to compete with TJ in camp. TJ wins the battle. We are set at the QB position for the near if not far future.

2. We sign or draft a QB to compete with TJ in camp. The new QB wins the battle. We are set the the QB position for the near if not far future.

misplacedminnesotan
12-12-2008, 09:07 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


My scenario:

TJ looks horrible against Cards and Falcons, Vikes in desperation put Booty in against the Giants.

Booty goes 24 of 29 for 346 yards, 4 TD's, 0 Ints, 0 sacks, rushes for 45 yds 1TD.

Vikes make the playoffs and play the Cowgirls.
Cowgirls are down by 21 at half.


Jerry Jones pulls Ware and Ellis aside and puts a $500,000 bounty on AD and Booty.
Then pulls Adams aside and places a $500,000 bounty on JA.

All players are taken out with cheap shots in 3rd quarter, but league ignores it.

Jones says "My players were just trying hard" with his typical smirk


What is with the fascination with Booty (the player not the body part I understand the body part)?
Last time I remember watching the guy he looked like sh*t against 3rd string defenses playing basic schemes?

COJOMAY
12-12-2008, 09:54 PM
I've bit to many times on all this stuff and thought things were going to be better. Now I just sit back and take it as it comes. There's really nothing I can do to change things anyway.
But I sure did have a good time in Nashville last year.

It would not surprise me one bit if the Vikings won the next three games any more than if they lost the next three games and didn't make the playoffs. It's all relative. Of course I'll support them but I'm not going to be devastated if they lose. It's happened too many times in my lifetime.

i_bleed_purple
12-12-2008, 09:55 PM
"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


My scenario:

TJ looks horrible against Cards and Falcons, Vikes in desperation put Booty in against the Giants.

Booty goes 24 of 29 for 346 yards, 4 TD's, 0 Ints, 0 sacks, rushes for 45 yds 1TD.

Vikes make the playoffs and play the Cowgirls.
Cowgirls are down by 21 at half.


Jerry Jones pulls Ware and Ellis aside and puts a $500,000 bounty on AD and Booty.
Then pulls Adams aside and places a $500,000 bounty on JA.

All players are taken out with cheap shots in 3rd quarter, but league ignores it.

Jones says "My players were just trying hard" with his typical smirk


What is with the fascination with Booty (the player not the body part I understand the body part)?
Last time I remember watching the guy he looked like sh*t against 3rd string defenses playing basic schemes?


+100

Mr-holland
12-13-2008, 06:08 AM
"V" wrote:


There should only be two scenarios as far as I'm concerned:

1. We sign or draft a QB to compete with TJ in camp. TJ wins the battle. We are set at the QB position for the near if not far future.

2. We sign or draft a QB to compete with TJ in camp. The new QB wins the battle. We are set the the QB position for the near if not far future.

+1 I can't believe that Frerotte will be around next season, the way he played plus his age ( is the injury serious? ) TJ will be around next season as will Childress. I can't believe Childress won't be around next season given what Wilf has said about his coach. depending on our draft pick i doubt we'll draft a big name QB that is able to compete for the starting job. the most logical thing to me is bring in a FA QB or trade for one that has several years left in the tank ( not Cassel ) and is a proven starter ( not Anderson )

If anything happens it's that we'll bring in someone that will compete for the starting job with TJ. Booty remains 3rd on the depth chart