PDA

View Full Version : HOF Chat Link

Webby
12-07-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=596

This does not require password in order to allow you to invite someone you think is a good contributor but not a HOF yet.

We will make this require a PPO login when I have time, so make sure to use with care.

ultravikingfan
12-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I guess I am all alone there.

gregair13
12-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I was there

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 04:37 PM
far better than regular chat.

Marrdro
12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I guess I am all alone there.

I like this avatar much better.
;D

Mr-holland
12-07-2008, 04:52 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

far better than regular chat.

Agreed

Webby
12-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I am sure a lot less negative nancy every play and inane blather.
Wish I had seen the QB change discussion as we saw both the good and the bad of Tjack.

I don't care who is in as long as we win so no debate here.

So keep the chat, then?

My house got so full of people I couldn't keep up with chat.

marstc09
12-07-2008, 05:28 PM
It was a good chat

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 05:29 PM
yea, HOF chat is definitely a good thing.

It was all pretty much agreed upon that TJ was playing much better than gus

Webby
12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Yeah, certainly was today.

Did anyone invite in a non-HOF to play?
Should I leave that option open?

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I would say non-hofers should have to be approved in the HOF forum, that way we don't have someone bringing their little brother or someone in, who just signed up (not directed at anyone in particular)

Webby
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I would say non-hofers should have to be approved in the HOF forum, that way we don't have someone bringing their little brother or someone in, who just signed up (not directed at anyone in particular)

I would hope that wouldn't happen because then I will just ban the both for abusing the system.

I get chat logs, so I can certainly tell if it happened.

They would only be allowed into HOF chat, not the forum.
Its a gameday privilege for not being a fucking tool all the time on the site.
:)

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 05:39 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I would hope that wouldn't happen because then I will just ban the both for abusing the system.

excellent, then I would say, it could be allowed, there are some members here who aren't at the 1250 mark, who aren't huge tools.

mnjamie
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I am a tool.
Ban me please.

Webby
12-07-2008, 05:50 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

I am a tool.
Ban me please.

Holy Hell.
How ya been.

Potus2028
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
i got invited today.

what are the requirements for HOF though? i'm not sure if i'm actually a HOF er yet

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

i got invited today.

what are the requirements for HOF though? i'm not sure if i'm actually a HOF er yet

you should be, hof is 1250 posts i do believe.

ultravikingfan
12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Yeah, certainly was today.

Did anyone invite in a non-HOF to play?

Should I leave that option open?

Yes, I recruited some from the regular chat.

And also reminded others.

ultravikingfan
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

i got invited today.

Waterboy
Training Camp
Rookie
Starter
Pro-Bowler
Asst Coach
Coordinator
Coach
GM
Hall Of Famer
Star Spokesman
Team Alumni Member
Ring of Fame
Jersey Retired
Knife Wielding Maniac that Murders Wife

midgensa
12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

excellent, then I would say, it could be allowed, there are some members here who aren't at the 1250 mark, who aren't huge tools.

Yeah ... but like all the others ... once the get to 1250 posts ... they definitely are huge tools ... or wait ... I think Hall of Fame status just means you have a huge tool.

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Well that rule works for me.

NDVikingFan66
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I personally would like a chat with a slightly smaller audience....easier to chat and see what is going on.

Although when I am watching, I am pretty much watching the game....not really doing anything else.

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
i watch on an online stream, so sometimes the chat is annoying because i'll read "SHIANCOE!!" right after AD gets up after getting stuffed for a 2 yard lost.

gregair13
12-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I like the idiots in the chat sometimes. I just try to annoy them with punch2

ultravikingfan
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

I like the idiots in the chat sometimes. I just try to annoy them with punch2

Hell ya man!

They cry when we hammer it during the commercials!

*punch2
*punch2
*punch2
*punch2
*punch2
*punch2
*punch2
*punch2
*punch2

gregair13
12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Some day they will learn that you can turn sounds off. Some day

erik5032
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I just hit that mark :)

I like this idea... i actually stopped going into regular chat during the game, because anytime any bad play happened it was line after line of annoying text... and even when something good happened there was someone who was trying to get a rise out of people...

gregair13
12-10-2008, 01:29 AM
I just don't read the text of idiots and say whatever the fuck I want to. I usually have a look at the people who are in the room and check if anyone is there I like so I pay more attention to their posts. If I have never seen the username on the forum, I don't respond to them

ultravikingfan
12-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't forget about HOF chat!

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=596

gregair13
12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
i am joining now.

skum
12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
suddenly empty?

ultravikingfan
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Guess so.
Chat goes as the team goes.

V4L
12-21-2008, 06:15 PM
I woulda stayed but just like the regular one people freak too much

PurpleMafia
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I would have stayed, but I wasn't getting the vibe that I was wanted in there. Oh well.

Mr-holland
12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Sorry, wasn't on the computer. Will be there the Giants game.

i_bleed_purple
12-26-2008, 02:16 PM
i'll be watching in 60 inches of glorius High Definition, therefore no chat for me... come next week for playoffs I'll be there, stuck watching on my laptop again.

Marrdro
12-27-2008, 02:16 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

i'll be watching in 60 inches of glorius High Definition, therefore no chat for me... come next week for playoffs I'll be there, stuck watching on my laptop again.

Aren't all playoff games nationally covered on Fox, CBS, or NBC?

i_bleed_purple
12-27-2008, 02:29 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

yes, but i'll be sitting in res, and all those damn european kids will be watching soccer or something equally gay.

AngloVike
12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

yes, but i'll be sitting in res, and all those gol 'darnit european kids will be watching soccer or something equally g*y.

actually no.. we'll be watching the playoff games as much as any one on that side of the pond. Why else would we frequent this site if we only watched soccer
:P

i_bleed_purple
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

yes, but i'll be sitting in res, and all those gol 'darnit european kids will be watching soccer or something equally g*y.

actually no.. we'll be watching the playoff games as much as any one on that side of the pond. Why else would we frequent this site if we only watched soccer

I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the guys on my floor in residence who could care less about american football and live for soccer.
They always steal the tv

AngloVike
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the guys on my floor in residence who could care less about american football and live for soccer.
They always steal the tv

ah in that case I stand corrected
;D

i_bleed_purple
12-27-2008, 02:59 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

They always steal the tv

;D

haha, ya, sorry i suppose I should have been clearer, i apologize if that came of as offensive to any of our european pp.o-ers

Mr-holland
12-27-2008, 03:00 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

They always steal the tv

;D

I don't know for England but here in the Netherlands we have a mid season break. I thought you there in the UK had the same? Manchester is playing in the world cup for teams right?

skum
12-27-2008, 03:24 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

They always steal the tv

;D

I don't know for England but here in the Netherlands we have a mid season break. I thought you there in the UK had the same? Manchester is playing in the world cup for teams right?

They did, not anymore.. the bastards actually won :(

Mr-holland
12-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Who'll be there tonight?

I know i am.

gregair13
12-28-2008, 10:27 AM
where is the link

AngloVike
12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

They always steal the tv

;D

no we don't have a mid season break here - top flight teams have it easy enough as it is without molly coddling them even more ...
;D
anfd you're right skum the swines won *sigh*

jessejames09
01-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Bump.