PDA

View Full Version : HOF Chat

Webby
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
HOF chat has now been purchased and installed on the site.

Will create a sticky post here soon.

Enjoy your own private gameday chat away from the fantards who aren't even members who show up to be negative nancy.

Don't share the link.

Mr-holland
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Like the idea.

will it possible to use both at the same time?

Thanks Webster!

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 03:33 PM
"Webby" wrote:

Enjoy your own private gameday chat away from the fantards who aren't even members who show up to be negative nancy.

Don't share the link.

fantastic!!!

Is it just open to HOF members?

Also, I think it should be made a rule that you must register with your regular pp.o username.

C Mac D
12-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh... this is sweet. But, what if I fall in the "Fan-tards" category?

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
"C" wrote:

then STFU!
just kiddin...

jargomcfargo
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
"C" wrote:

Not even close big fella. But we'd get you a special pardon if you did.

Webby
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

Don't share the link.

fantastic!!!

Is it just open to HOF members?

Also, I think it should be made a rule that you must register with your regular pp.o username.

Yes, this is for HOF only.

Yes, you can be in both at once if you want.

Slade
12-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Good stuff.....

BadlandsVikings
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
There are too many hall of famers

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
There should be an annoyance test you have to pass, since there's lots of ppl without lots of posts who have good posts

BadlandsVikings
12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

There should be an annoyance test you have to pass, since there's lots of ppl without lots of posts who have good posts

You shouldn't be able to donate your way in either

midgensa
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I could not quite figure out how to be in both last game ... but it was nice to be in a separate chat that Ultra was passing out the password for. Was much more civil ... easier to keep up with ... and not nearly as negative.
It amazes me the amount of negativity during a game we absolutely dominated.

Jilly
12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

You make it seem like those of us that have donated but have yet to reach that numerical milestone did so only to get HOF status.
I could be mistaken but I'm sure that most of us that have donated to PPO did so only because we enjoy the site and the camaraderie that is shared amongst fellow Viking fans.
I for one didn't even know nor did I expect to receive anything in return.

I know I don't bring much football knowledge to this site but I enjoy coming here for Viking related news and information, plus I enjoy reading the comments of others. I've learned a lot in my short time here. But I do find it a tad bit insulting to assume someone is more important because they have 500 more posts than myself.

Maybe I need to start posting in the boobie thread to boost my numbers. ;D

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Posting there is certainly an option, but that was the reason for my suggestion, there are people with low post counts who can contribute positively

midgensa
12-05-2008, 06:59 PM
"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

You make it seem like those of us that have donated but have yet to reach that numerical milestone did so only to get HOF status.
I could be mistaken but I'm sure that most of us that have donated to PPO did so only because we enjoy the site and the camaraderie that is shared amongst fellow Viking fans.

I know I don't bring much football knowledge to this site but I enjoy coming here for Viking related news and information, plus I enjoy reading the comments of others. I've learned a lot in my short time here. But I do find it a tad bit insulting to assume someone is more important because they have 500 more posts than myself.

Please do post in the boobie thread immediately
;D

ThorSPL
12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Please do post in the boobie thread immediately
;D

Quality posts!!

Marrdro
12-05-2008, 11:53 PM
"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I enjoy your posts and have you ranked pretty damn high on the ole spread sheet young lady..... ;D

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

also, don't take this the wrong way, but how are you able to post in this thread?
Its in the HOF forum, which I had thought you needed 1250 posts to get in.
unless Webby granted you special access, which i don't have a problem with, I was just curious.

singersp
12-05-2008, 11:59 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I enjoy your posts and have you ranked pretty damn high on the ole spread sheet young lady..... ;D

Would that be the same spreadsheet that Dr. J is on?

ultravikingfan
12-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I dunno, there are peole that are HOF's that are prominent/good posters.

And there are some HOF's that belong with the asses in regular chat.

Last week, I created a room and had people IM me in chat for the password.
Worked really well and I planned on doing it this week as well...same password.

Marrdro
12-06-2008, 12:03 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I enjoy your posts and have you ranked pretty gol 'darnit high on the ole spread sheet young lady..... ;D

Would that be the same spreadsheet that Dr. J is on?

LOL, Nope.
That spread sheet only has room for Dr. J, JLH, Laura Francese and of course, Wildwoman......

No offense VikingMD.
;D

Jilly
12-06-2008, 09:02 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

also, don't take this the wrong way, but how are you able to post in this thread?
unless Webby granted you special access, which i don't have a problem with, I was just curious.

Thats what we are talking about IBP. Evidently if you donate to the site you acheive HOF status. I did not know this was the case when I donated and I hate for for people to think that was the reason for my donation. Its really no big deal to me, I don't even visit this forum but this hasn't been the first time I have heard others mention that we bought our way in so I thought I would speak up.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the chat anymore due to it's negativity but to only limit HOFers the the new chat, I think you would sadly miss out on some quality posters. I think it's ridiculous to assume that because someone has 1250 posts, they are magically superior to others. Ultra summed it up pretty good and I think most of us would agree.

PurpleTide
12-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey, most of us come here for the fellowship of other Viking fans, and through posting have come to respect many and like what you have to say in many different forums. All the work the Webby has done to provide us the best fan site on the www. Folks like singerSP who religously post all the dang news, to Del Rio the "noggin thumper" it's always great to read others opinions. You can learn alot here.The HoF is a place for everyone that loves Viking Football and enjoy's the banter of the posters whether you agree or disagree with some posts, its not post count that makes this place cool as heck, It's fans who care enough to post about the same thing we all have a passion for. The Minnesota Vikings

SKOL Brothers and Sisters,
DC/PT

Webby
12-06-2008, 10:33 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I actually was not aware the donation allowed HOF status.
Permissions error somewhere.
Although I can individually allow such access.

Webby
12-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Let's put it this way:
this was the request from a bunch of you, a HOF-specific chat room.

You asked,
I delivered.

Prophet
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
"VikingMD" wrote:

....I think it's ridiculous to assume that because someone has 1250 posts, they are magically superior to others...

They're not?
Fuck.
I thought I had an epiphany at 1250, and now I find out I didn't.
Damn it.

ThorSPL
12-06-2008, 11:24 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

....I think it's ridiculous to assume that because someone has 1250 posts, they are magically superior to others...

They're not?
Fuck.
Damn it.

I had something at 1250 posts... epiphany may not be the word... but how about that "True HOF Thread" :)

marstc09
12-06-2008, 12:01 PM
"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Jocelyn and I are glad that we met you and the hubby. You don't have to have football knowledge. Hell I am not the smartest guy in the world. This site is more than football. I have met some great people here in real life. I didn't know any Vikings fans before this site. Now I know a lot. It has been more every minute I spend on here. Except my boss probably would not agree if he found out how much time I spend on it at work.
;D

ultravikingfan
12-06-2008, 12:03 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

It's gotta be a permission thing when the membergroups were created.

ThorSPL
12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Well I'd really like to take part in the chat but I have to go to a bar to watch the game....

I don't think the ol' iPhone works too well for the gameday chat.... so that means bringing a laptop.
Last time I did that, I wrote my Master's thesis while getting drunk.

i_bleed_purple
12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
"Webby" wrote:

Let's put it this way:
this was the request from a bunch of you, a HOF-specific chat room.

You asked,
I delivered.

praise webby!

will the link be provided in this thread, or do we have to track down an admin?

gregair13
12-06-2008, 08:01 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

They're not?
Fuck.
Damn it.

I had something at 1250 posts... epiphany may not be the word... but how about that "True HOF Thread" :)

you're welcome for that thread. I feel I have contributed greatly.

Jilly
12-07-2008, 09:43 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"VikingMD" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Okay then, the issue is resolved.
There was obviously an error and to be quite honest, I was a bit surprised when it did happen.
One day I donated and the next day I noticed that the HOF forum was viewable but I had no idea that was going to happen.
You can actually take it away from me and I’m completely cool with that.
My only issue is with those who perceive that “we bought our way in” when that was clearly not the case.
I took offense to that statement which is why I spoke up.

Also, I didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers regarding post count. I understand its tradition and I’m fine with doing your time and earning your stripes. It just kind of sucks in terms of the new HOF chat.

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 12:12 PM
its open..... comeon HOFers