PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson laughs off 'Lions' best chance' theory



singersp
12-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Adrian Peterson laughs off 'Lions' best chance' theory (http://www.freep.com/article/20081204/SPORTS01/812040342/1048)

But a 0-12 Lions team did beat Minnesota in 2001

BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • December 4, 2008

Adrian Peterson just laughed. What does he think when people say Sunday's game against Minnesota is the 0-12 Lions' best chance to win the rest of the season?

El Vikingo
12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
We don´t fear the Lions with or without the Williams we are far superior than them

Adrian laughs and me too.


P.S It would be sweet the 0-15 Lions win their last game of the season against the pack
;D

MN_SkolVikings_NC
12-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Not sure I like the cockiness coming from AD.
They have a point when they say that they were VERY close to beating us last time.
I just hope these guys aren;t letting the 0-12 record go to their head and staying focused.

Big C
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm a little uncomfortable with his cockiness too, but do agree with him. For some inexplicable reason I am much more confortable about this weeks game than before we played the lions the last time. Dare I say I have a little more confidence in the team?

The key is to go in to the half with a lead and not turnover the ball. Last time, I believe we turned the ball over twice in the redzone and missed an FG too.

seaniemck7
12-05-2008, 09:27 AM
This game scares the living shit out of me.

kevoncox
12-05-2008, 09:47 AM
"seaniemck7" wrote:


This game scares the living pooh out of me.


I think Dante will come out and try to prove a point. However, he will fail. I hope the Williamses come out and set the tone and send a message to the league.

MaxVike
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't see this as cockiness at all.
I see this as one of the best players in the League laughing at a stupid question posed by a reporter trying to cause a stir.

The Lions suck today, they sucked yesterday, they will suck on Sunday, in fact, come to think of it, they've always sucked
::)

kevoncox
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
"MaxVike" wrote:


I don't see this as cockiness at all.
I see this as one of the best players in the League laughing at a stupid question posed by a reporter trying to cause a stir.

The Lions suck today, they sucked yesterday, they will suck on Sunday, in fact, come to think of it, they've always sucked
::)


Didn't think the question was stupid. We are their best chance to win.
NO, IND and Pack. They play us at home.

MaxVike
12-05-2008, 10:18 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


I don't see this as cockiness at all.
I see this as one of the best players in the League laughing at a stupid question posed by a reporter trying to cause a stir.

The Lions suck today, they sucked yesterday, they will suck on Sunday, in fact, come to think of it, they've always sucked
::)


Didn't think the question was stupid. We are their best chance to win.
NO, IND and Pack. They play us at home.


Agreed, it is not a stupid question for you to ask me, or, for me to ask you.
I think it is a very stupid question to ask the best player on the very Team coming to play, clearly, a shit stirring question.
I guess it is a smart question if your goal is to create bulletin board content for the locker room.
BTW...how do you think Drew Brees would react?
Or, Aaron Rodgers?
Both players on teams with worse records than ours.

erik5032
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


I don't see this as cockiness at all.
I see this as one of the best players in the League laughing at a stupid question posed by a reporter trying to cause a stir.

The Lions suck today, they sucked yesterday, they will suck on Sunday, in fact, come to think of it, they've always sucked
::)


Didn't think the question was stupid. We are their best chance to win.
NO, IND and Pack. They play us at home.


We are better then NO and the Pack... why are we their best chance? I could see them maybe squeaking one out against NO, that would be priceless if the 0-15 lions beat the packers lmao.

I didn't see it as cockiness either... he knows he is better then the lions. He has CONFIDENCE that the Vikings are better. It is like if a guy came up to you and said. "This 8 year old said you are his best chance to knock someone out" wouldn't you laugh?

We are playing much MUCH better this time around then before... I take the Vikings with the win.

jargomcfargo
12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Detroit had us beat last time. We got lucky.
This is the NFL. On any given Sunday sort of thing, right!
I hold great comfort in the fact that Daunte is there now.
He may not run out of the back of the endzone, but should be good for a fumble and a pick or two.
I also agree, the Vikings are playing better football now as opposed to then.
This is a must win for the Vikings and they should know that.
Vikings win, 31-17.

C Mac D
12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


Detroit had us beat last time. We got lucky.
This is the NFL. On any given Sunday sort of thing, right!
I hold great comfort in the fact that Daunte is there now.
He may not run out of the back of the endzone, but should be good for a fumble and a pick or two.
I also agree, the Vikings are playing better football now as opposed to then.
This is a must win for the Vikings and they should know that.
Vikings win, 31-17.


Which is exactly why I fear they'll blow it...

kevoncox
12-05-2008, 11:09 AM
"erik5032" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


I don't see this as cockiness at all.
I see this as one of the best players in the League laughing at a stupid question posed by a reporter trying to cause a stir.

The Lions suck today, they sucked yesterday, they will suck on Sunday, in fact, come to think of it, they've always sucked
::)


Didn't think the question was stupid. We are their best chance to win.
NO, IND and Pack. They play us at home.


We are better then NO and the Pack... why are we their best chance? I could see them maybe squeaking one out against NO, that would be priceless if the 0-15 lions beat the packers lmao.

I didn't see it as cockiness either... he knows he is better then the lions. He has CONFIDENCE that the Vikings are better. It is like if a guy came up to you and said. "This 8 year old said you are his best chance to knock someone out" wouldn't you laugh?

We are playing much MUCH better this time around then before... I take the Vikings with the win.


1) OF the Pack, NO and Min, only Minny and NO play the Lions at their home stadium... I removed them from the equation. That leaves NO and Minn

We barely beat them the first time we played and No has an MVP caliber QB and is getting their dynamic playmaker back I would argue that they have a better offense and ST then we do. 2 out of the 3 aspects of football.

jargomcfargo
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM
"C" wrote:


"jargomcfargo" wrote:


Detroit had us beat last time. We got lucky.
This is the NFL. On any given Sunday sort of thing, right!
I hold great comfort in the fact that Daunte is there now.
He may not run out of the back of the endzone, but should be good for a fumble and a pick or two.
I also agree, the Vikings are playing better football now as opposed to then.
This is a must win for the Vikings and they should know that.
Vikings win, 31-17.


Which is exactly why I fear they'll blow it...


Pretty familiar Viking theme that would be. We all know that feeling. Huge trap game.
Time to break the trend.
I'm confident Culpepper will help us.

HEY
12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Quote from Adrian Peterson from the article:

"If you base it off the performance we had the first time we played those guys, then, maybe you could say that. We beat them by two points. So if you base it off that, I guess they can kind of argue that.

"But we have definitely made some strides since then. We're a better team. We're playing better as a team. We've trying to reach a goal, and the Detroit Lions, they're standing in our way."



I agree with Adrian on the opinion that we're a better team now than we was 7 weeks ago.

gagarr
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
AD should stop laughing and go through several more fumble drills.

AD's 2 fumbles in Lions territory is a big part of why the game was as close as it was.

Let's just hope that AD feels like laughing after the game, because after that article Detroit Free Press is readying "Whose Laughing Now?"

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm fine with him talking, but he better back it up on the playing field, if that means he has to do what he did in the packers game, then i better see it.

C Mac D
12-05-2008, 01:25 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


AD should stop laughing and go through several more fumble drills.

AD's 2 fumbles in Lions territory is a big part of why the game was as close as it was.

Let's just hope that AD feels like laughing after the game, because after that article Detroit Free Press is readying "Whose Laughing Now?"


People in Detroit can't read.

kevoncox
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
"C" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


AD should stop laughing and go through several more fumble drills.

AD's 2 fumbles in Lions territory is a big part of why the game was as close as it was.

Let's just hope that AD feels like laughing after the game, because after that article Detroit Free Press is readying "Whose Laughing Now?"


People in Detroit can't read.


Lol.
C MAC...your advatar was one of my favorite episodes of Family guy. What was that guys name?

C Mac D
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


AD should stop laughing and go through several more fumble drills.

AD's 2 fumbles in Lions territory is a big part of why the game was as close as it was.

Let's just hope that AD feels like laughing after the game, because after that article Detroit Free Press is readying "Whose Laughing Now?"


People in Detroit can't read.


Lol.
C MAC...your advatar was one of my favorite episodes of Family guy. What was that guys name?


lol... Opie.

Del Rio
12-05-2008, 01:40 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"erik5032" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


I don't see this as cockiness at all.
I see this as one of the best players in the League laughing at a stupid question posed by a reporter trying to cause a stir.

The Lions suck today, they sucked yesterday, they will suck on Sunday, in fact, come to think of it, they've always sucked
::)


Didn't think the question was stupid. We are their best chance to win.
NO, IND and Pack. They play us at home.


We are better then NO and the Pack... why are we their best chance? I could see them maybe squeaking one out against NO, that would be priceless if the 0-15 lions beat the packers lmao.

I didn't see it as cockiness either... he knows he is better then the lions. He has CONFIDENCE that the Vikings are better. It is like if a guy came up to you and said. "This 8 year old said you are his best chance to knock someone out" wouldn't you laugh?

We are playing much MUCH better this time around then before... I take the Vikings with the win.


1) OF the Pack, NO and Min, only Minny and NO play the Lions at their home stadium... I removed them from the equation. That leaves NO and Minn

We barely beat them the first time we played and No has an MVP caliber QB and is getting their dynamic playmaker back I would argue that they have a better offense and ST then we do. 2 out of the 3 aspects of football.


We also beat NO on MNF in NO...

So I am not sure I understand the reasoning.

That being said if we win its ok that he laughed if we lose he should be kicked in the balls.

kevoncox
12-05-2008, 01:40 PM
"C" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


AD should stop laughing and go through several more fumble drills.

AD's 2 fumbles in Lions territory is a big part of why the game was as close as it was.

Let's just hope that AD feels like laughing after the game, because after that article Detroit Free Press is readying "Whose Laughing Now?"


People in Detroit can't read.


Lol.
C MAC...your advatar was one of my favorite episodes of Family guy. What was that guys name?


lol... Opie.


lol

C Mac D
12-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.

PurpleTide
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM
We always struggle when we play in Detroit, it's a NFCN thing, but we are playing some of our best football right now even if Kevin and Pat can't play we are still a much better team than the Motor City Kittens. Adrian knows he fumble's twice in the last game, and I'm sure his competitive fires are ready to rectify that, in a word he is ready to go. All Day baby....

thevikingfan
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Okay this is and nfc north game wich means you can throw the records out because its probably going to be a cose game but still i feel more confortable than usual.I mean we know that kevin and pat are playing this week that means they will face the full force of our passrush.And i will take
a good passrush vs fumble pepper the interception throwing machine anyday

El Vikingo
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


As long as I don´understand a damn word this guy tells ,I won´t even bother of his putrid games.


Madenn take the burguer out of your mouth before speaking.

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
i'm excited for this game.
Can't wait to see the kittens get stomped, P&K-Will will be pissed.
We'll hold them to negative rushing yards again (but win this time) and destroy culpepper.
The only thing that worries me is culpepper, he may want to get back at us, and he's not entirely incompetent (like some members here think)

midgensa
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
"El" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


As long as I don´understand a damn word this guy tells ,I won´t even bother of his putrid games.


Madenn take the burguer out of your mouth before speaking.





Of course we lost ... they rigged it! Look at the photo ... Calvin Johnson is being chased by Darren Sharper, Visanthe Shiancoe and Adrian Peterson. What the hell are those guys doing on defense?

Vikeman
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Idon't think you should laugh at any opponent.
Any team can be beat on any given day.

i_bleed_purple
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
"midgensa" wrote:


"El" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


As long as I don´understand a damn word this guy tells ,I won´t even bother of his putrid games.


Madenn take the burguer out of your mouth before speaking.





Of course we lost ... they rigged it! Look at the photo ... Calvin Johnson is being chased by Darren Sharper, Visanthe Shiancoe and Adrian Peterson. What the hell are those guys doing on defense?


I have a feeling thats McCauley and Winfield.
you can't see the full 8 on "Shiancoe"'s jersey, so it could very well be a 3, also the top right of the 8 is cut of on "peterson"s jersey, so its probably a 6

midgensa
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"midgensa" wrote:


"El" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


As long as I don´understand a damn word this guy tells ,I won´t even bother of his putrid games.


Madenn take the burguer out of your mouth before speaking.





Of course we lost ... they rigged it! Look at the photo ... Calvin Johnson is being chased by Darren Sharper, Visanthe Shiancoe and Adrian Peterson. What the hell are those guys doing on defense?


I have a feeling thats McCauley and Winfield.
you can't see the full 8 on "Shiancoe"'s jersey, so it could very well be a 3, also the top right of the 8 is cut of on "peterson"s jersey, so its probably a 6

I think it could be. The Winfield one definitely looks like Winfield ... but I very much think that looks like a 28. And even if it is McCauley ... they still are cheating us ... that guy doesn't play :-)

Vikeman
12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


I know it's possible but do you really think C-pep will complete 21 of 27?
I know the potential for him to be motivated for this game.
Childres had better have these guys ready to play--no matter who is on the damn field!

kevoncox
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


I know it's possible but do you really think C-pep will complete 21 of 27?
I know the potential for him to be motivated for this game.
Childres had better have these guys ready to play--no matter who is on the gol 'darnit field!


I think we as Vikings fan forget that Pepper is a pretty god QB. We should be careful. AD forgot to mention that they added Culpepper since they last played us.

Vikeman
12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Vikeman" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


I know it's possible but do you really think C-pep will complete 21 of 27?
I know the potential for him to be motivated for this game.
Childres had better have these guys ready to play--no matter who is on the gol 'darnit field!


I think we as Vikings fan forget that Pepper is a pretty god QB. We should be careful. AD forgot to mention that they added Culpepper since they last played us.


C-pep WAS a decent QB who posted a couple of great years.
He was always prone to mistakes.
He has been terrible since leaving Minny.
But I should know better because he should be highly motivated for this game.
I just don't think his completions/att. will be 21/27.

gagarr
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Vikeman" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


I know it's possible but do you really think C-pep will complete 21 of 27?
I know the potential for him to be motivated for this game.
Childres had better have these guys ready to play--no matter who is on the gol 'darnit field!


I think we as Vikings fan forget that Pepper is a pretty god QB. We should be careful. AD forgot to mention that they added Culpepper since they last played us.


C-pep WAS a decent QB who posted a couple of great years.
He was always prone to mistakes.
He has been terrible since leaving Minny.
But I should know better because he should be highly motivated for this game.
I just don't think his completions/att. will be 21/27.


Culpeppers been terrible since he didn't have Moss to throw too.

Big C
12-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I think they forgot that Mike Furrey was put on IR this week
::)

Don't underestimate Culpepper. His scuccess is always linked to a good WR - in this case Calvin Johnson. If we do whatever we did to shutdown Andre Johnson, we should win this game without a problem AS LONG AS the offense holds on to the ball and just keeps chipping away with FGs and the occasional TD.

I am much more confident about this game than the last Detroit one. Not sure why. I think we have figured out what we are and sticking to our guns.
- Run, run, run and make a few pass plays.
- Taylor is turning into a HUGE part in the passing game.
- The defense is much more dominant than it was early in the season.
- Defensive pressure up front is actually creating turnovers.

Oh to be 8-5...

gagarr
12-05-2008, 08:17 PM
"Big" wrote:


I think they forgot that Mike Furrey was put on IR this week
::)

Don't underestimate Culpepper. His scuccess is always linked to a good WR - in this case Calvin Johnson. If we do whatever we did to shutdown Andre Johnson, we should win this game without a problem AS LONG AS the offense holds on to the ball and just keeps chipping away with FGs and the occasional TD.

I am much more confident about this game than the last Detroit one. Not sure why. I think we have figured out what we are and sticking to our guns.
- Run, run, run and make a few pass plays.
- Taylor is turning into a HUGE part in the passing game.
- The defense is much more dominant than it was early in the season.
- Defensive pressure up front is actually creating turnovers.

Oh to be 8-5...


Not only is the defense creating TO's but the offense is reducing their TO's.
Vikes are +5 in their last 3 games.

Vikes were -2 in the last Lions game.
The 2 drives AD dropped the rock would have scored and made the game a blowout like it should have been.

thorshammer
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I think we will win by at least two points....going out on a limb here .... lol

SamOchoCinco
12-05-2008, 08:56 PM
haaa.

the lions are going to get beat!

we are playing alot better than by the time we played them last time.

so expect us to be more on a roll vs them this time

marstc09
12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Couple things.

Detroit has gotten worse and we have gotten better.

Daunte looks worse than Dan.

Peterson will not fumble the ball again.

We have limited our penalties in the last 3 weeks. We has 99 yards worth that game.

I have faith Chilly will run it down their throats. I think he heard my complaining last week. Did you see the ratio last week?

dfosterf
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Couple things.

Detroit has gotten worse and we have gotten better.

Daunte looks worse than Dan.

Peterson will not fumble the ball again.

We have limited our penalties in the last 3 weeks. We has 99 yards worth that game.

I have faith Chilly will run it down their throats. I think he heard my complaining last week. Did you see the ratio last week?




I am pinning my hopes on the coach of the Lions whipping out the team picture and saying to them:

"Take a look.
This is you.
You will be in the Hall of Fame at 0-16.
Forever."

That has got to motivate those folks.
My team was getting their butts whooped by them until they went into "FAIL" mode.
You narrowly dodged them last time.
They have often thrown up scores against teams, only to "FAIL", yet again.
I am sadly reduced to rooting for these poor bastards. Go, Detroit, GO, BABY!
(They have never produced for me...ever....)

THIS is the time!
::)

erik5032
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
"El" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


As long as I don´understand a damn word this guy tells ,I won´t even bother of his putrid games.
As long as I don't understand a damn word this guy says, I won't even bother (don't even know what the rest means.)

Madenn take the burguer out of your mouth before speaking.
Madden, take the burger out of your mouth before speaking.





LMAO... El you are hilarious

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


I have faith Chilly will run it down their throats. I think he heard my complaining last week. Did you see the ratio last week?

;D I remember you saying 3 times "that was a terrible call". Then, biggest play of the game and you're off using the bathroom. That is irony
8)

Marrdro
12-06-2008, 01:15 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Vikeman" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Madden Simulation (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3743339)has us losing this game...


I couldn't resist.


I know it's possible but do you really think C-pep will complete 21 of 27?
I know the potential for him to be motivated for this game.
Childres had better have these guys ready to play--no matter who is on the gol 'darnit field!


I think we as Vikings fan forget that Pepper is a pretty god QB. We should be careful. AD forgot to mention that they added Culpepper since they last played us.

I saw a stat on NFLN tonight (I think) that shows that he has been pulled 8 out of the last 9 games he has started.

Not sure if that is accurate, but if it is, I don't think that equates to a "Pretty God QB" or even a "Pretty Good QB" for that matter..... ;D

StillPurple
12-06-2008, 02:10 AM
I am not sure I should wear my $ 275 authentic Vikings Culpepper jersey (that I bought in like 2003) to the sports bar on Sunday. Would I jinx us ? It is starting to mess with my head !

i_bleed_purple
12-06-2008, 02:11 AM
might as well, Do you ever wear it?

marstc09
12-06-2008, 01:33 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Couple things.

Detroit has gotten worse and we have gotten better.

Daunte looks worse than Dan.

Peterson will not fumble the ball again.

We have limited our penalties in the last 3 weeks. We has 99 yards worth that game.

I have faith Chilly will run it down their throats. I think he heard my complaining last week. Did you see the ratio last week?




I am pinning my hopes on the coach of the Lions whipping out the team picture and saying to them:

"Take a look.
This is you.
You will be in the Hall of Fame at 0-16.
Forever."

That has got to motivate those folks.
My team was getting their butts whooped by them until they went into "FAIL" mode.
You narrowly dodged them last time.
They have often thrown up scores against teams, only to "FAIL", yet again.
I am sadly reduced to rooting for these poor bastards. Go, Detroit, GO, BABY!
(They have never produced for me...ever....)

THIS is the time!
::)



No this is the time we prove people wrong and get that monkey off our back that we choke at the end of the year. I am starting to smell what Chilly is cooking and will take down my sig if we handle the Lions like we should. Beat their asses! It is our time to shine. Vikings fans deserve it.

Purple Floyd
12-06-2008, 01:53 PM
This is the game we have been waiting for. The team in the past might find a way to lose but the team now is playing with a purpose and they will summarily thrash the Lions tomorrow.

The score will not be close and the victory will never be in doubt. I am actually going to predict we win by more than 4 TD's.

SKOL
12-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm not so confident in this game.
They had the early game on Thanksgiving, with 10 full days to rest and prepare for us.
That's nearly a bye.
We had a late, physical, game Sunday night.

Plus, they were completely obiliterated by the Titans.
In my experience (of fandom) a team that is blown out generally comes ready to play the next week.

Mjölnir
12-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I was glad to hear Childress in his post-game speech talking about 'Taking care of football in your division' first. I think Chilly is making a big point of keeping the guys' minds on beating and not looking past the Lions.

I think they'll do it, myself. The team seems to have the desire that was missing in the first part of the season.

marstc09
12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Leagues most sacked offense and 32nd ranked run defense. Can you say Allen and Peterson show?

i_bleed_purple
12-06-2008, 03:47 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Leagues most sacked offense and 32nd ranked run defense. Can you say Allen and Peterson show?


Allen and Peterson show

singersp
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Leagues most sacked offense and 32nd ranked run defense. Can you say Allen and Peterson show?


Nope I can't.

While their offense has changed, AD is facing the same defense he saw back then.

In case you have forgotten, the Vikings are notorious for losing games we should have won.

In case you have forgotten, we only beat them last time 12-10 thanx to a 2 point safety.

In case you have forgotten, AD's second worse game of the year was against the Lions with a 4.4 YPC average & he had -5 receiving yards.

Also he fumbled & lost the ball twice in that game.

Also keep in mind AD failed to score a TD in that game as well.

AD better be able to put up or shut up if he is to make claims of this nature.

The "Best chance theory" was based on the fact that the Williams wall would be suspended during that game.

Of course when a team is missing two of it's key players on the defense line it would give their opponents their "best chance" of winning than it would if they were in there. That's a no-brainer.

For AD to laugh at the Lions for saying they have a better chance of winning without the Williams boys playing, than they would have if they did play, makes him look like an idiot.

It really doesn't matter now, since the Williams wall will be playing, so it's all a moot point.

vikesmex182
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
so you tell the lions defense (31 in the league) will stop AD ? the past game was just a bad game for AD, remember he is the leader in the entire league, i think not only AD will have a good game, i think chester will pass the 100 yds in the game

singersp
12-06-2008, 10:39 PM
"vikesmex182" wrote:


so you tell the lions defense (31 in the league) will stop AD ? the past game was just a bad game for AD, remember he is the leader in the entire league, i think not only AD will have a good game, i think chester will pass the 100 yds in the game


It happened last time didn't it?

Despite how bad their defense may be, they held AD to 4.4 YPC, kept him out of the endzone & forced him to fumble twice.

Considering they have given up the most rushing yards in the league, them keeping AD to just 111 yards on 25 carries & -5 yards on receiving, is a testament to their defense keying on our run game.

You can't say AD simply had a bad game. You have to give the defense some credit for it.

SamOchoCinco
12-06-2008, 10:59 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Leagues most sacked offense and 32nd ranked run defense. Can you say Allen and Peterson show?


Allen and Peterson show


lol :D

jmcdon00
12-06-2008, 11:20 PM
"People are entitled to their own opinion," Peterson said. "That's cool. We're not worried about that at all. We know what we've got to do as a team and that's going to Detroit, performing and leaving Detroit partying on the way back because we got a victory."

Why is he talking about partying? Victory? Way too cocky for me. Not saying he's not right but why give the other team the extra motivation. If I were the coach I would be telling the team to say nothing but complimentary things leading up to the game. The Lions have nothing to play for other than respect. Why light a fire under them?

marshallvike
12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:



"People are entitled to their own opinion," Peterson said. "That's cool. We're not worried about that at all. We know what we've got to do as a team and that's going to Detroit, performing and leaving Detroit partying on the way back because we got a victory."

Why is he talking about partying? Victory? Way too cocky for me. Not saying he's not right but why give the other team the extra motivation. If I were the coach I would be telling the team to say nothing but complimentary things leading up to the game. The Lions have nothing to play for other than respect. Why light a fire under them?



don't know if you have noticed or not, NOBODY has been able to loght a fire under the lions for a long time. ;D

Yfz01
12-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I was just looking through our games and it's suprising to me that Adrian Peterson has been the top rusher in every single game this year from both teams.

StillPurple
12-07-2008, 12:25 AM
"Swami" Jeff Bermann on ESPN actually picked the Kittens to beat us, and he said, 15 to 11. I don't actually mind him picking Detroit to upset (even though I know it won't happen !), but that score: us getting 11 points, is either: a. a stupid joke on his part, or b. totally lame. I vote for a totally lame joke by him. Bermann has lost his edge. AD vs. the nr. 32 run defense in the NFL...

Vikings 31
Lions 14

singersp
12-07-2008, 12:30 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:



"People are entitled to their own opinion," Peterson said. "That's cool. We're not worried about that at all. We know what we've got to do as a team and that's going to Detroit, performing and leaving Detroit partying on the way back because we got a victory."

Why is he talking about partying? Victory? Way too cocky for me. Not saying he's not right but why give the other team the extra motivation. If I were the coach I would be telling the team to say nothing but complimentary things leading up to the game. The Lions have nothing to play for other than respect. Why light a fire under them?


don't know if you have noticed or not, NOBODY has been able to loght a fire under the lions for a long time. ;D


Well they not only finished with one less win than we did last year, but they beat us in Detroit as well.

marstc09
12-07-2008, 12:47 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"vikesmex182" wrote:


so you tell the lions defense (31 in the league) will stop AD ? the past game was just a bad game for AD, remember he is the leader in the entire league, i think not only AD will have a good game, i think chester will pass the 100 yds in the game


It happened last time didn't it?

Despite how bad their defense may be, they held AD to 4.4 YPC, kept him out of the endzone & forced him to fumble twice.

Considering they have given up the most rushing yards in the league, them keeping AD to just 111 yards on 25 carries & -5 yards on receiving, is a testament to their defense keying on our run game.

You can't say AD simply had a bad game. You have to give the defense some credit for it.


Our defense also held them to 212 total net yards. You obviously have not been watching Detroit lately. They have gotten worse with Daunte under center. In 4 games Daunte has thrown 6 INTs and lost 1 fumble. He has a rating of 53.6 and a completion % of 50.5. He looks slow and out of shape. They have a total of 15 INTs thrown all year. That is 40% by Daunte alone. I am not scared. You want to know why? If we can't beat the Lions we don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. It is laughable that you consider 111 yards to be a bad day. Who cares if he didn't score. He didn't score in 3 other games. We are 2-2 when he doesn't score. He will score Sunday. We are 4-3 when he does score. Nothing there. Peterson fumbled 4 times this year. He fumbled twice in that Detroit game. The ball bounced there way that game and the still lost. They won the turnover battle and failed to get the W.

marstc09
12-07-2008, 12:54 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"marshallvike" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:



"People are entitled to their own opinion," Peterson said. "That's cool. We're not worried about that at all. We know what we've got to do as a team and that's going to Detroit, performing and leaving Detroit partying on the way back because we got a victory."

Why is he talking about partying? Victory? Way too cocky for me. Not saying he's not right but why give the other team the extra motivation. If I were the coach I would be telling the team to say nothing but complimentary things leading up to the game. The Lions have nothing to play for other than respect. Why light a fire under them?


don't know if you have noticed or not, NOBODY has been able to loght a fire under the lions for a long time. ;D


Well they not only finished with one less win than we did last year, but they beat us in Detroit as well.


TJ threw 4 INTs and Bollinger fumbled the game away.

V4L
12-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Gus is more the capable to do that as well

Ranger
12-07-2008, 02:44 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:



"People are entitled to their own opinion," Peterson said. "That's cool. We're not worried about that at all. We know what we've got to do as a team and that's going to Detroit, performing and leaving Detroit partying on the way back because we got a victory."

Why is he talking about partying? Victory? Way too cocky for me. Not saying he's not right but why give the other team the extra motivation. If I were the coach I would be telling the team to say nothing but complimentary things leading up to the game. The Lions have nothing to play for other than respect. Why light a fire under them?



don't know if you have noticed or not, NOBODY has been able to loght a fire under the lions for a long time. ;D


You could literally light a fire under the Lions, and it wouldn't light a fire under the Lions.

Kind of a shame, though.
Remember those shoot outs between the Vikes and Lions when they had Sanders, Mitchell and Moore?

Mr-holland
12-07-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20081207/SPORTS18/812070439/1049/rss14


The votes are in: fans want a winless season

Last week's question: Do you want to see the Lions go 0-16? (Results from more than 3,000 votes):

50.6%Yes

28.4%No

19.0%Don't care

2.0% Not sure

singersp
12-07-2008, 10:15 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"vikesmex182" wrote:


so you tell the lions defense (31 in the league) will stop AD ? the past game was just a bad game for AD, remember he is the leader in the entire league, i think not only AD will have a good game, i think chester will pass the 100 yds in the game


It happened last time didn't it?

Despite how bad their defense may be, they held AD to 4.4 YPC, kept him out of the endzone & forced him to fumble twice.

Considering they have given up the most rushing yards in the league, them keeping AD to just 111 yards on 25 carries & -5 yards on receiving, is a testament to their defense keying on our run game.

You can't say AD simply had a bad game. You have to give the defense some credit for it.


Our defense also held them to 212 total net yards. You obviously have not been watching Detroit lately. They have gotten worse with Daunte under center. In 4 games Daunte has thrown 6 INTs and lost 1 fumble. He has a rating of 53.6 and a completion % of 50.5. He looks slow and out of shape. They have a total of 15 INTs thrown all year. That is 40% by Daunte alone. I am not scared. You want to know why? If we can't beat the Lions we don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. It is laughable that you consider 111 yards to be a bad day. Who cares if he didn't score. He didn't score in 3 other games. We are 2-2 when he doesn't score. He will score Sunday. We are 4-3 when he does score. Nothing there. Peterson fumbled 4 times this year. He fumbled twice in that Detroit game. The ball bounced there way that game and the still lost. They won the turnover battle and failed to get the W.


First off, I never said AD had a bad day. I said it was AD's second worse game of the year. Going against a team like Detroit with one of the worst defenses in the league, he should have had one of his best games.

People keep forgetting the intent of the Lions "Best chance theory" which is the subject of this thread.

They didn't claim that they would win it, only that they had a better chance of winning it without the Williams wall playing than they would if they were playing.

I would agree with that 100%. If we had lost the Williams wall for the remaining 4 games, it would improve our opponents chances for winning those games significantly.

It makes AD look like an idiot to claim that losing the Williams wall wouldn't give any team a better chance of winning.

marstc09
12-07-2008, 12:26 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"vikesmex182" wrote:


so you tell the lions defense (31 in the league) will stop AD ? the past game was just a bad game for AD, remember he is the leader in the entire league, i think not only AD will have a good game, i think chester will pass the 100 yds in the game


It happened last time didn't it?

Despite how bad their defense may be, they held AD to 4.4 YPC, kept him out of the endzone & forced him to fumble twice.

Considering they have given up the most rushing yards in the league, them keeping AD to just 111 yards on 25 carries & -5 yards on receiving, is a testament to their defense keying on our run game.

You can't say AD simply had a bad game. You have to give the defense some credit for it.


Our defense also held them to 212 total net yards. You obviously have not been watching Detroit lately. They have gotten worse with Daunte under center. In 4 games Daunte has thrown 6 INTs and lost 1 fumble. He has a rating of 53.6 and a completion % of 50.5. He looks slow and out of shape. They have a total of 15 INTs thrown all year. That is 40% by Daunte alone. I am not scared. You want to know why? If we can't beat the Lions we don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. It is laughable that you consider 111 yards to be a bad day. Who cares if he didn't score. He didn't score in 3 other games. We are 2-2 when he doesn't score. He will score Sunday. We are 4-3 when he does score. Nothing there. Peterson fumbled 4 times this year. He fumbled twice in that Detroit game. The ball bounced there way that game and the still lost. They won the turnover battle and failed to get the W.


First off, I never said AD had a bad day. I said it was AD's second worse game of the year. Going against a team like Detroit with one of the worst defenses in the league, he should have had one of his best games.

People keep forgetting the intent of the Lions "Best chance theory" which is the subject of this thread.

They didn't claim that they would win it, only that they had a better chance of winning it without the Williams wall playing than they would if they were playing.

I would agree with that 100%. If we had lost the Williams wall for the remaining 4 games, it would improve our opponents chances for winning those games significantly.

It makes AD look like an idiot to claim that losing the Williams wall wouldn't give any team a better chance of winning.


Gotcha. I agree Peterson should just let his actions do the talking but I like the confidence. Lions have zero of that right now. When the Lions played us earlier in the year they were not the worst defense. For some reason their LBs are not playing like they did earlier. That is coming from a huge Lions fan at work, not me. Like I said before if we can't win this we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. That is why I am not worried.

singersp
12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"vikesmex182" wrote:


so you tell the lions defense (31 in the league) will stop AD ? the past game was just a bad game for AD, remember he is the leader in the entire league, i think not only AD will have a good game, i think chester will pass the 100 yds in the game


It happened last time didn't it?

Despite how bad their defense may be, they held AD to 4.4 YPC, kept him out of the endzone & forced him to fumble twice.

Considering they have given up the most rushing yards in the league, them keeping AD to just 111 yards on 25 carries & -5 yards on receiving, is a testament to their defense keying on our run game.

You can't say AD simply had a bad game. You have to give the defense some credit for it.


Our defense also held them to 212 total net yards. You obviously have not been watching Detroit lately. They have gotten worse with Daunte under center. In 4 games Daunte has thrown 6 INTs and lost 1 fumble. He has a rating of 53.6 and a completion % of 50.5. He looks slow and out of shape. They have a total of 15 INTs thrown all year. That is 40% by Daunte alone. I am not scared. You want to know why? If we can't beat the Lions we don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. It is laughable that you consider 111 yards to be a bad day. Who cares if he didn't score. He didn't score in 3 other games. We are 2-2 when he doesn't score. He will score Sunday. We are 4-3 when he does score. Nothing there. Peterson fumbled 4 times this year. He fumbled twice in that Detroit game. The ball bounced there way that game and the still lost. They won the turnover battle and failed to get the W.


First off, I never said AD had a bad day. I said it was AD's second worse game of the year. Going against a team like Detroit with one of the worst defenses in the league, he should have had one of his best games.

People keep forgetting the intent of the Lions "Best chance theory" which is the subject of this thread.

They didn't claim that they would win it, only that they had a better chance of winning it without the Williams wall playing than they would if they were playing.

I would agree with that 100%. If we had lost the Williams wall for the remaining 4 games, it would improve our opponents chances for winning those games significantly.

It makes AD look like an idiot to claim that losing the Williams wall wouldn't give any team a better chance of winning.


Gotcha. I agree Peterson should just let his actions do the talking but I like the confidence. Lions have zero of that right now. When the Lions played us earlier in the year they were not the worst defense. For some reason their LBs are not playing like they did earlier. That is coming from a huge Lions fan at work, not me. Like I said before if we can't win this we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. That is why I am not worried.


Oh, we should win this game without a doubt. We'll just win it easier with the Williams wall than we would have without the Williams wall.

marstc09
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM
What is with him fumbling against the Lions????

gamecocksbaseball31
12-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Well AD, you laughed it off but can you please put this one out of reach with a break-away-run?

Marrdro
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe he should have practiced holding onto the ball instead of laughing so much.

Seems he has a tough time against this team. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those re-occuring things.
:'(

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


Well AD, you laughed it off but can you please put this one out of reach with a break-away-run?


or 3 less fumbles?

skum
12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


Well AD, you laughed it off but can you please put this one out of reach with a break-away-run?


or 3 less fumbles?


i guess its harder to hold on to the ball when you are running around laughing

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I get the feeling the team had the general mentality that the lions were a joke, therefore weren't working that hard.

Marrdro
12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I get the feeling the team had the general mentality that the lions were a joke, therefore weren't working that hard.

All except for maybe, CT, JA, Shanc, TJ, Tahi, Chad, etc etc etc.

They were a bit flat, however, they came back from a bit of adversity and pulled it off though.
;D

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2008, 05:07 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I get the feeling the team had the general mentality that the lions were a joke, therefore weren't working that hard.

All except for maybe, CT, JA, Shanc, TJ, Tahi, Chad, etc etc etc.

They were a bit flat, however, they came back from a bit of adversity and pulled it off though.

;D


so you think they had the mentality that this was a key game, and worked as hard for this game as they did for hte bears?
I have a feeling that didn't happen.

marstc09
12-07-2008, 05:08 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Leagues most sacked offense and 32nd ranked run defense. Can you say Allen and Peterson show?


Nope I can't.

While their offense has changed, AD is facing the same defense he saw back then.

In case you have forgotten, the Vikings are notorious for losing games we should have won.

In case you have forgotten, we only beat them last time 12-10 thanx to a 2 point safety.

In case you have forgotten, AD's second worse game of the year was against the Lions with a 4.4 YPC average & he had -5 receiving yards.

Also he fumbled & lost the ball twice in that game.

Also keep in mind AD failed to score a TD in that game as well.

AD better be able to put up or shut up if he is to make claims of this nature.

The "Best chance theory" was based on the fact that the Williams wall would be suspended during that game.

Of course when a team is missing two of it's key players on the defense line it would give their opponents their "best chance" of winning than it would if they were in there. That's a no-brainer.

For AD to laugh at the Lions for saying they have a better chance of winning without the Williams boys playing, than they would have if they did play, makes him look like an idiot.

It really doesn't matter now, since the Williams wall will be playing, so it's all a moot point.








Good call.

Marrdro
12-07-2008, 05:10 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I get the feeling the team had the general mentality that the lions were a joke, therefore weren't working that hard.

All except for maybe, CT, JA, Shanc, TJ, Tahi, Chad, etc etc etc.

They were a bit flat, however, they came back from a bit of adversity and pulled it off though.

;D


so you think they had the mentality that this was a key game, and worked as hard for this game as they did for hte bears?

I have a feeling that didn't happen.


I have no idea how hard they worked to get ready.
Just say that even though they were a bit flat, some weren't.
Some came damn ready to play.

Minus some INT's and a couple of fumbles, the O didn't play all that bad in the second half and the defense played a decent game all that after a week were thier two biggest players caused a possible distraction.

V4L
12-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Could have gone either way

Had they kicked FGs instead of going for it on 4th a couple times in the redzone they could have had it

Either way we won.. Not too thrilled how we did.. But thrilled that we did

singersp
12-07-2008, 05:17 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I get the feeling the team had the general mentality that the lions were a joke, therefore weren't working that hard.

All except for maybe, CT, JA, Shanc, TJ, Tahi, Chad, etc etc etc.

They were a bit flat, however, they came back from a bit of adversity and pulled it off though.

;D


so you think they had the mentality that this was a key game, and worked as hard for this game as they did for hte bears?

I have a feeling that didn't happen.


I have no idea how hard they worked to get ready.
Just say that even though they were a bit flat, some weren't.
Some came damn ready to play.

Minus some INT's and a couple of fumbles, the O didn't play all that bad in the second half and the defense played a decent game all that after a week were thier two biggest players caused a possible distraction.


The precedent of a December home upset is motivation for winless Detroit. But after a close call in Week 6, the Vikings are all business.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/35636289.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUl

Vikings not taking Lions lightly

http://det.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=818718&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fdet.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d93%26p%3d2%26c%3d818718

Their last meeting, a 12-10 victory over Detroit, turned on a couple of key plays. Coach Brad Childress says his team is prepared to handle a hungry, winless foe.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/35662084.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsX

;)

singersp
12-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Lions won't accept Vikings' gift (http://www.freep.com/article/20081208/SPORTS01/812080342/1049/SPORTS01)

December 8, 2008

freep.com


Another one bites the ... well, another one just bites.