PDA

View Full Version : 1st game I won't watch since 1998

StillPurple
12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
After the NFL suspended the CORE of our team, I am very seriously considering a total boycott of all NFL games. It would be the first Vikings game I have not seen since 1998. I am serious about this... (listened to Vikings game while living in Germany throughout the 1990s)...

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-03-2008, 12:26 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

After the NFL suspended the CORE of our team, I am very seriously considering a total boycott of all NFL games. It would be the first Vikings game I have not seen since 1998. I am serious about this...

BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT.
:P

V4L
12-03-2008, 12:44 AM
I dont think that will help man

StillPurple
12-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry, but we don't make the playoffs now. This year, now: 8-8 and no playoffs. Bears will now win the NFC North.

I am looking forward to 2009. See you guys then.

(We are now the Chargers without Merriman, or the Bears with Urlacher and Briggs).

V4L
12-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Peace out

We are the Vikings with Adrian Peterson, Bernard Berrian, Antoine Winfield, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson.... Need I continue?

Go cry in the corner.. We don't care.. And the Vikes don't care if you don't watch

vikings_fan66
12-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Dude, I feel for ya if this will make you basicaly pack your bags. Successfull people are the ones who stand tough through the difficult times. If the Vikes make it through this strecth into the playoffs they will be stronger. So sit back relax and watch the Vikes pull from adversity to make the playoffs.

Anyone can win and be a success when things are going smoothly The champions always have to endure some problems along the way. Its how they deal with that problem that determines their outcome

There is bigger injustices in the world. The world is not over. Nor is the Vikings season so just chill. The sun will rise tomorrow dude I will promise you that

StillPurple
12-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I hope you are right. I posted out of my initial frustration. But I have been a Vikings fan since 1972, so I am pretty sure I will be watching every game still.

V4L
12-03-2008, 01:18 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I hope you are right. I posted out of my initial frustration. But I have been a Vikings fan since 1972, so I am pretty sure I will be watching every game still.

I know you will.. You have seen worse happen to us :)

Just was trying to give you some tough love

It will hurt us no doubt.. But we have some skillful players that will step up and makes plays that Pat and Kevin usually stop before they happen..

LBs will be more involved.. I know they are up to the test

vikings_fan66
12-03-2008, 01:20 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Ya I hear ya it was hard to handle the news at first, but after logicaly thinking about it I truly feel we will be alright. It does make the road harder but, we will be fine.

You never know who may step up in this situation often times a guy just needs an oppurtunity to prove himself. The backups are NFL players so no need to panic. Iam excited to see how the guys fill in

You have been a fan since 72 so your no fair weather fan thats for sure... So I hope you continue to watch the beloved purple

VikesFan787
12-03-2008, 01:35 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

Dude, I feel for ya if this will make you basicaly pack your bags. Successfull people are the ones who stand tough through the difficult times. If :P the Vikes make it through this strecth into the playoffs they will be stronger. So sit back relax and watch the Vikes pull from adversity to make the playoffs.

Anyone can win and be a success when things are going smoothly The champions always have to endure some problems along the way. Its how they deal with that problem that determines their outcome

There is bigger injustices in the world. The world is not over. Nor is the Vikings season so just chill. The sun will rise tomorrow dude I will promise you that

You guys see the world weather report? No sunrise untill thursday. Pat and Kevin are blocking the sun for revenge on Goodell. :P

gregair13
12-03-2008, 01:40 AM
I was mad at first word of the news too. Then I was able to calm myself down and remember we are playing the lions.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
12-03-2008, 01:43 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

The sun will rise tomorrow dude I will promise you that

This is true. However, if he's in alaska, and it's the part of the year where it doesn't come up for 6 months, no, it won't come up tomorrow.

gregair13
12-03-2008, 02:03 AM
http://www.clandarkstar.com/humor/308155263_d905e9c658_o.jpg

singersp
12-03-2008, 04:45 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

I was mad at first word of the news too. Then I was able to calm myself down and remember we are playing the lions.

Need I remind you we barely eked by the Lions last time 12-10 with the Williams wall?

PurpleTide
12-03-2008, 06:06 AM
I'll be watching, just to see if we can respond to adversity. How will Frazier attack now? Will these suspentions galvanize this team, or are we gonna come off the tracks. I hope we play "pissed Off" and rise up... But not watching is never a option...

singersp
12-03-2008, 06:13 AM
Why would I not watch my favorite team just because some prick, who isn't a Viking, suspended 2 of our players.

Last I checked it wasn't my teams fault.

kspurplepride
12-03-2008, 08:24 AM
boycotting the team right now won't help, they need more support. You want to make a difference write the NFL, your congressman, senator, or hell even the president elect about the abuse of power goodell has shown and get him fired.

AKViking
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:

"vikings_fan66" wrote:

This is true. However, if he's in alaska, and it's the part of the year where it doesn't come up for 6 months, no, it won't come up tomorrow.

If that friggin turd licker is up her I'll hunt him down, nail his nuts to a log and turn a pack of hungry wolves loose on the packer crotch sniffer. Where the hell is the suspension for Jolly?!? Guess all PW and KW had to say was: "I was taking it for my heart..." like G.Jackson in Atl. BS! You suspend any you suspend all, douchenozzel Gadell!!!

kspurplepride
12-03-2008, 08:31 AM
"AKViking" wrote:

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:

"vikings_fan66" wrote:

If that friggin turd licker is up her I'll hunt him down, nail his nuts to a log and turn a pack of hungry wolves loose on the packer crotch sniffer. Where the hell is the suspension for Jolly?!? Guess all PW and KW had to say was: "I was taking it for my heart..." like G.Jackson in Atl. BS! You suspend any you suspend all, douchenozzel Gadell!!!

Agreed! the suspensions were way to inconsistant, to be seen as fair. Everyone taking the product should be suspended

Prophet
12-03-2008, 09:14 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

After the NFL suspended the CORE of our team, I am very seriously considering a total boycott of all NFL games. It would be the first Vikings game I have not seen since 1998. I am serious about this... (listened to Vikings game while living in Germany throughout the 1990s)...

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, tack on a few more decades of never missing a game and I'll join you.
Wait, I'm going to watch the game, I'm sure you'll be missed.
I heard there's a good bowling match on ESPN2.

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 09:19 AM
I know a lot of people are telling this guy to "Get over it..." but let's think about this.

Goodell fines players left and right because of hits on QBs, whether they are legal hits or not... leading to Troy Palamalu calling it a "Pansy League" which it has become.

Goodell Destroys evidence of the Patriots cheating and only levies a fine against the team... but no suspensions. The whole situation with the SpyGate was rather fishy... not to mention how Buddy-Buddy Goodell and Kraft are.

Goodell Suspends players that took a weight-loss pill that had ingredients that were not listed... information that was withheld by the NFL. This is a clear cut case of negligence on behalf of the NFL, yet our players get punished. And why Jackson was not suspended... and no reasons have been given for his pardon? That's favortism... it's all or none... this "Some get suspended, some don't" is pure BS...

I will be watching the game, but the NFL has simply decided to cater to the big market teams. Goodell is making the NFL into a joke, so deciding to boycott it is a completely reasonable response to this stupidity/insanity, in my opinion.

jmcdon00
12-03-2008, 09:20 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

Dude, I feel for ya if this will make you basicaly pack your bags. Successfull people are the ones who stand tough through the difficult times. If the Vikes make it through this strecth into the playoffs they will be stronger. So sit back relax and watch the Vikes pull from adversity to make the playoffs.

For like 9 hours, with below average temperatures and high winds. :'(

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

I agree, there are bigger injustices in the world... and guess what, there's also better things to do with your time on Sundays that watch football. Some people are just frustrated with what the NFL has become, so why not take your time and money elsewhere? It makes perfectly good sense, whether you accept it or not.

vikesfargo
12-03-2008, 09:26 AM
This reminds me of when the Atlanta Falcons cut their Pro Bowl receiver Andre Rison and it just so happened the Packers were one receiver short that season from going all the way. No reason was ever announced as to why Andre Rison was cut. No one made a big deal about it, just cutting a Pro Bowler in the middle of the season, that's all.

The Packers picked up Rison and went on to win Super Bowl XXXI in which Rison caught a 51-yard touchdown pass to open the scoring. The Packers beat the Patriots, 35-21.

Isn't it funny how the Vikings are ALWAYS on the short end of the NFL stick, while special teams like the Packers, Cowboys, and Giants (Eli Manning, anyone?) always seem to get the free handouts from the league office.

Vikings look like a contender in the playoffs this year? "Let's eliminate that."

I seriously question whether any Giants, Packers, or Cowboys were also guilty of taking this substance, but the NFL just chose to never report it.

Remember, in the NBA, referees were on the take from criminal elements and called games accordingly.

Marrdro
12-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm upset they are suspended and think it will have a significant impact, however, I am not buying into the "Conspiracy" theories nor am I giving up hope.

Some hopefull thoughts/observations that swim through my slightly balding head at this point in time.....

a. Look on the bright side.
We get to see a couple of new faces attempt to step up and we get to see if our coaching staff can help them step up.

b. We are looking at the two worst rushing teams for our next two games.

c. Our Secondary has been playing a bit better lately.
Maybe they can hold thier end of the bargain up a bit higher.

d.
They will get thier suspensions over before next year.
We weren't going very far this year even if we did win the Div.

e.
At least we don't have Lord Dickhead on the team this year....... ;D

Long story short, is this a bad thing?
YUP.
Is there anything we can do about it? NOPE, other than to continue to cheer for our guys that are on the field.

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I'm upset they are suspended and think it will have a significant impact, however, I am not buying into the "Conspiracy" theories nor am I giving up hope.

Some hopefull thoughts/observations that swim through my slightly balding head at this point in time.....

We get to see a couple of new faces attempt to step up and we get to see if our coaching staff can help them step up.

d.

e.

YUP.
Is there anything we can do about it? NOPE, other than to continue to cheer for our guys that are on the field.

I love how people write off "Facts" as "Conspiracy" just because it invades their little bubble that is their reality.

If you don't think Goodell and Kraft are buddies, which is what I'm guessing your referring to as a conspiracy... or you don't think the NFL is catering to big market teams (from a business standpoint, is a very good move... Goodell is a businessman, not a football player)... You should do your research, these things actually have merritt.

But, if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," I didn't mean to wake you from your slumber. Go back to fishing... or sleeping... or whatever you were doing.

Marrdro
12-03-2008, 09:44 AM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

d.

e.

YUP.

I love how people write off "Facts" as "Conspiracy" just because it invades their little bubble that is their reality.

If you don't think Goodell and Kraft are buddies, which is what I'm guessing your referring to as a conspiracy... or you don't think the NFL is catering to big market teams (from a business standpoint, is a very good move... Goodell is a businessman, not a football player)... You should do your research, these things actually have merritt.

But, if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," I didn't mean to wake you from your slumber. Go back to fishing... or sleeping... or whatever you were doing.

So let me get this straight, because I don't buy into it and you do, this makes me some sort of Redneck Yutz who only focuses on Redneck stuff instead of "Researching" stuff before I make a comment.....

Puuuuuhhhhhhleazzzzzz

Besides, what the hell does "if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," really mean...... ;D

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 09:46 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

d.

e.

YUP.

So let me get this straight, because I don't buy into it and you do, this makes me some sort of Redneck Yutz who only focuses on Redneck stuff instead of "Researching" stuff before I make a comment.....

Puuuuuhhhhhhleazzzzzz

Besides, what the hell does "if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," really mean...... ;D

No, I never called you a redneck Yutz... I just know you like fishing. Sorry you took it that way.

But just because I can observe that the NFL is a business, and as such, probably makes business decisions... and may even have meetings behind closed doors (imagine that) doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist... I'm more of a "realist".

It goes both ways.

pack93z
12-03-2008, 09:52 AM
"vikesfargo" wrote:

This reminds me of when the Atlanta Falcons cut their Pro Bowl receiver Andre Rison and it just so happened the Packers were one receiver short that season from going all the way. No reason was ever announced as to why Andre Rison was cut. No one made a big deal about it, just cutting a Pro Bowler in the middle of the season, that's all.

The Packers picked up Rison and went on to win Super Bowl XXXI in which Rison caught a 51-yard touchdown pass to open the scoring. The Packers beat the Patriots, 35-21.

Isn't it funny how the Vikings are ALWAYS on the short end of the NFL stick, while special teams like the Packers, Cowboys, and Giants (Eli Manning, anyone?) always seem to get the free handouts from the league office.

Come on now.. Rison was trouble for the word go in Atlanta.. hell he had legal issue after legal issue and ran the Falcons crazy with disciplinary crap just as Plax is doing today in New York.. he was a turd.. they cut the turd.

Notice the Packers didn't resign this probowl WR after that season either.. cause he was a turd..

The league had nothing to do with it.

But if you are going to go all dark knight with this.. I wonder if the league helped the Vikes land the best player in the draft 2 years ago at like 7... same type of reek.
;D

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
"pack93z" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

Come on now.. Rison was trouble for the word go in Atlanta.. hell he had legal issue after legal issue and ran the Falcons crazy with disciplinary crap just as Plax is doing today in New York.. he was a turd.. they cut the turd.

Notice the Packers didn't resign this probowl WR after that season either.. cause he was a turd..

The league had nothing to do with it.

But if you are going to go all dark knight with this.. I wonder if the league helped the Vikes land the best player in the draft 2 years ago at like 7... same type of freak.
;D

My buddy asked me the same thing the other day... how does Minnesota keep getting these freak athletes.

Not sure... but keep'em coming!

Marrdro
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

d.

e.

YUP.

Puuuuuhhhhhhleazzzzzz

No, I never called you a redneck Yutz... I just know you like fishing. Sorry you took it that way.

But just because I can observe that the NFL is a business, and as such, probably makes business decisions... and may even have meetings behind closed doors (imagine that) doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist... I'm more of a "realist".

It goes both ways.

No apology necessary, I think you and I have it that way.
;D
;D
;D

Anyway, I kindof lump this type of stuff in with the guys who think the Refs are out to get us.
Nothing but pure speculation with no evidence other than other speculation to back it up.

Is it a business?
Sure, but if you were in charge of a business that had a franchise that was going to lose it store (metrodome) unless it had a better product (a winning team), wouldn't you go out of your way to make that happen at the expense of maybe one of your other franchises who weren't in such dire straights?

Seriously, I just don't buy into it.
Makes no sense when you really think about it.

mamaluke
12-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Roger Goodell sucks ass!!

TARKenton
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Why would I not watch my favorite team just because some prick, who isn't a Viking, suspended 2 of our players.

agreed.

I hope all the bad things that happen today happen to Goodell.
What a friggin chump.

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 10:26 AM
"TARKenton" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

agreed.

What a friggin chump.

i think he's boycotting the NFL, not just the Vikings.

pack93z
12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Blaming Goodell at this point is like blaming the GM that a player was in position to make a play and dropped the ball.

The CBA and the Steroid policy are negotiated between the league office and the players union.. the Roid policy got a huge push from Congress and other pressures.

The language is clear in the policy, you the player are responsible for what you put into your body. Period.

The league office is following a agreed upon policy.. be pissed at that. Or Congress or truly the dirty players that cheat the system, forcing it to become to ambiguous in nature for the common players own good.

Be pissed and Barry Bonds, Balco, and all the other labs that skirt the system

Be pissed at the players that use clean samples not their own, be pissed at Rodger Clemens for stirring up the hornets nest in Washington and putting more strain on the common player that isn't dirty.

I like that the game is slowly, I repeat slowly being rid of the Pacman Jones, we are taking stands against the thugs and trouble makers.. the athletes that can't stay within the letter of the law.. whose fault is it that these players are straining the quality ones?

vikings4life33
12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
its just time to suck it up. time for some big plays on both sides of the ball. we might not beable to stop the run to 2 yac everytime but not alot of teams do. time to start outscoring some teams

Marrdro
12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
"pack93z" wrote:

Blaming Goodell at this point is like blaming the GM that a player was in position to make a play and dropped the ball.

The CBA and the Steroid policy are negotiated between the league office and the players union.. the Roid policy got a huge push from Congress and other pressures.

The language is clear in the policy, you the player are responsible for what you put into your body. Period.

The league office is following and agreed upon policy.. be pissed at that. Or Congress or truly the dirty players that cheat the system, forcing it to become to ambiguous in nature for the common players own good.

Be pissed and Barry Bonds, Balco, and all the other labs that skirt the system

Be pissed at the players that use clean samples not their own, be pissed at Rodger Clemens for stirring up the hornets nest in Washington and putting more strain on the common player that isn't dirty.

I like that the game is slowly, I repeat slowly being rid of the Pacman Jones, we are taking stands against the thugs and trouble makers.. the athletes that can't stay within the letter of the law.. whose fault is it that these players are straining the quality ones?

Damn I hate it when PUKER fans come on here and talk more sense than Vikings fans.

Admit it my friend.
You are sitting back and thanking the good lord the Willams boys made a dumb mistake aren't you.... ;D

vikings4life33
12-03-2008, 10:53 AM
you got to faith. we have a ton of superstars on this team. we can do it. time to bring the house and hope for some mistakes

NodakPaul
12-03-2008, 10:59 AM
"vikings4life33" wrote:

its just time to suck it up. time for some big plays on both sides of the ball. we might not beable to stop the run to 2 yac everytime but not alot of teams do. time to start outscoring some teams

+1

We are in a good position still.
Let's go out there and do our job against Detroit, and then step back and reassess the situation.
A Packers and Bears loss coupled with a Vikings win this week can damn near cement the north for us.

pack93z
12-03-2008, 11:00 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Admit it my friend.
You are sitting back and thanking the good lord the Willams boys made a dumb mistake aren't you.... ;D

I will not lie.. after the disappointments of the past two weeks.. yes there is a small part of me that is going yippee under my breath.

I have issues with some of the language in the policy and think that the illegal drugs players like Johnny Jolly get nabbed with should fall into this somehow.. but it is an agreed upon policy..

Players have to be careful what they place in system.. and they can look at their fellow brethren in the league and in the past as the source.. players that are solid get caught up in this and that sucks..

C Mac D
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Apparently cocaine is not a banned substance because Matt Jones is still playing.

What sort of message does that send?

Marrdro
12-03-2008, 11:03 AM
"pack93z" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Admit it my friend.

I will not lie.. after the disappointments of the past two weeks.. yes there is a small part of me that is going yippee under my breath.

I have issues with some of the language in the policy and think that the illegal drugs players like Johnny Jolly get nabbed with should fall into this somehow.. but it is an agreed upon policy..

Players have to be careful what they place in system.. and they can look at their fellow brethren in the league and in the past as the source.. players that are solid get caught up in this and that sucks..

They also need to be carefull what verbiage they put in the CBA.
;D

NodakPaul
12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
"C" wrote:

"TARKenton" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

agreed.

What a friggin chump.

Not worth it to boycott the NFL or the Vikings.
Shit happens. move on.

We are the best team in the NFC North right now.
Good teams play through adversity.
We took a big hit losing the Williams wall, but that just means that some other people have the chance to step up.
And we will get them back for the playoffs...

Purple Floyd
12-03-2008, 11:08 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"TARKenton" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

agreed.

What a friggin chump.

Not worth it to boycott the NFL or the Vikings.
Shit happens. move on.

We are the best team in the NFC North right now.
Good teams play through adversity.
We took a big hit losing the Williams wall, but that just means that some other people have the chance to step up.
And we will get them back for the playoffs...

And the SB BABY!!

pack93z
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM
"C" wrote:

Apparently cocaine is not a banned substance because Matt Jones is still playing.

What sort of message does that send?

Completely agree.. and it should be an automatic 4 games.. which I think it will be once the legal system runs its course.. due process.

Distinct different policies they fall under..

Conduct and Drug Testing policy...

Conduct.. the league utilizes other factors such as the legal system to levy discipline..

On the Testing side.. the NFL is the judge, jury and executioner in the matter, using the policy itself as the letter of the law.

IMO, players catch by the police in drug matter should automatically fall into the testing policy verbage.. and be handed the same quick and lettered discipline.

Trkn10
12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
My thoughts on this matter (which echo the sentiments of many here);

Does this situation suck?
Absolutely, big time!!!
But, we could be in this situation due to any number of freak accidents/occurrences so let’s not lose our minds.
Even though I’m Sicilian and have good reason to believe in conspiracies, I don’t think Roger and crew were in the “grassy knoll” waiting for P & K to return from GNC in the Mall of America with a bag of Starcaps so let’s move on.
They just happen to be in the crosshairs at the wrong time. It sucks, it’s unfair, and I agree wholeheartedly it’s uber bullcrap.
This part is not the real issue though, what is the real issue is our (their) ability to overcome adversity.
I ask any/all who are ready to throw the baby out with the bath water on the NFL, or this team, to take a step back and let destiny take its course.
If we (they) can pull this off it will go down (next to the goal-line stand against the Bears) as our “finest hour” (one that would even bring tears to Churchill’s dead eyes).

OK, can we overcome?
Yes, we have to or we are not worthy of even the shortest of conversations regarding the playoffs.

This now will be the true test of what this team is made of and how hungry they are.
This is what legends are made of.
How, when two of the most intimidating linemen in recent history went down a team gelled and rose like a Phoenix from the ashes of injustice to vanquish all.
I want Roger "Badell" to watch every game with mouth open like Yamamoto did after Pearl Harbor and say "we have awoke the sleeping giant"!

We are still putting the same guys out there to pound the rock and throw a brick or two deep when the opportunity presents itself, so no real anxieties here given the opponents in the next four weeks.
Will the defense be able to come together and forge an iron curtain that shuts down the run and instills terror in QBs, I honestly think so!
Professionals don't drop their heads and kick rocks in the parking lot like the kid who always gets picked last in gym class for one side or the other, they look at the cards they are dealt and adjust fire as required.
I expect the real leaders in the locker room will now self actualize and step-up to their historic duties and rally this team to victory after victory.
Could I be wrong, absolutely!
But, if we cave like a house of cards then we’re not what many out there predicted us to be this year, SB contenders.

The time is right, and the cards are stacked against us.
From my experience, this is when the Vikings kick things up a notch.

Now, let’s do this thing!
Haters and weak diks, pack your bags and go be an Eagles fan.

SKOL!

(BTW, Go’l darnit I hope I’m not wrong about this) :-[

Del Rio
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

That would be an admirable thing to do. Put your money where your mouth is. That is what I laugh at is people who are upset with a product but still choose to use it. I love people who bitch about how much athletes get paid and then turn around and buy a jersey.

So go for it.

purplehelmut
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Buck up SP! I've been a Vikings fan since 1969 and have suffered mightily during that time.
But I've never given up on 'em or quit rootin' for 'em.
Grab some buddies and brews and cinch up yer chinstrap.
It will be a ride, I can assure you of that!

Purple Floyd
12-03-2008, 03:23 PM
"purplehelmut" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

Buck up SP! I've been a Vikings fan since 1969 and have suffered mightily during that time.
But I've never given up on 'em or quit rootin' for 'em.
Grab some buddies and brews and cinch up yer chinstrap.
It will be a ride, I can assure you of that!

Nothing better than copious amounts of alcohol to numb the pain lol

marstc09
12-03-2008, 03:26 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Sorry, but we don't make the playoffs now. This year, now: 8-8 and no playoffs. Bears will now win the NFC North.

I am looking forward to 2009. See you guys then.

(We are now the Chargers without Merriman, or the Bears with Urlacher and Briggs).

Urlacher has not done shit all year.

pack93z
12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

That explains the drug and alcohol problem in Detroit.. decades of fan hood pain.
;D

Purple Floyd
12-03-2008, 03:31 PM
"pack93z" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

That explains the drug and alcohol problem in Detroit.. decades of fan hood pain.
;D

Here I thought it was just the ugly women :-X

VikeWings
12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I kept saying "Somebody has to lose to the Lions," but I never entertained the idea it MIGHT be the Vikings.
I can't boycott though.
This season has been too much fun.
Questions over Chilly's coaching skills and decisions, Gordon's injury, Allen and Berrian not living up to early expectations, Shiancoe playing like Poo, the TJack/Gus drama, Cook's penalties at the worst possible times,etc. etc. and yet the Vikings are on top of the NFC North.
No way I can back out now.

Go Vikes, beat the Lions.

VW

Marrdro
12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
"VikeWings" wrote:

I kept saying "Somebody has to lose to the Lions," but I never entertained the idea it MIGHT be the Vikings.
I can't boycott though.
This season has been too much fun.
Questions over Chilly's coaching skills and decisions, Gordon's injury, Allen and Berrian not living up to early expectations, Shiancoe playing like Poo, the TJack/Gus drama, Cook's penalties at the worst possible times,etc. etc. and yet the Vikings are on top of the NFC North.
No way I can back out now.

Go Vikes, beat the Lions.

VW

Comeon my friend, those are the only things you could find that was bad.
Seems to be a bit selective to me....

Birk allowing LB'rs to roam free up the middle
Holding penalties by Birk as he tries to make up for a missed block.
Tapeh giving way to Tahi at FB.
Mills disapears again.
Whinny/Sharper letting Hester run free for a TD
Mckinnies suspension
Loss of EJ
Loss of Keneche
Loss of Heath
STJ has to start cause M-will is hurt half the season
BB and Rice start the year out dinged.
Punter continually outkicked or under kicked the coverage.
Longwell kicks short most of the season.
Poor tackling by ST's coverage units.

28AllDay
12-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Mills disapears again.
Mckinnies suspension
Loss of EJ
Loss of Keneche
Loss of Heath
Poor tackling by ST's coverage units. Another thing to add is Brian Robinsons recent knee injury

StillPurple
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I am actually sorry I posted this, the original thread post. It seemed like a good idea at the moment, after a couple of beers.

Not so much now... :-X

Actually, all we have to do is beat the Kittens on Sunday and then we only need one game to win the NFC "Norse". And the Bears would have to sweep the table of their remaining games with Kyle Orten. not likely...

Can I take it back ?

SamOchoCinco
12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I am actually sorry I posted this, the original thread post. It seemed like a good idea at the moment, after a couple of beers.

Actually, all we have to do is beat the Kittens on Sunday and then we only need one game to win the NFC "Norse". And the Bears would have to sweep the table of their remaining games with Kyle Orten. not likely...

Can I take it back ?

you can imagine it ;) ha jk. its up to everyone else

thevikingfan
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

! person boycotting the games will not hurt the nfl if anything it will hurt our team.If ur not at the game that place can be filled by a lions fan or somebodys else.Watch the game support your team,skol vikings.

This looks like a promising season ans we have a good chance of making the playoffs and if we do,then we get pat and kevin williams back from suspension by then,and they will be rested and are going to dominate!

erik5032
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
About not watching a game? Support your Vikings, but don't support Goodell (the biggest Joke since the Pa... Bea.... Lions). About the Vikings/Lions game... In 2001 the Lions were 0-14 and they beat the Minnesota Vikings.. although we only had a record of 5-11.

Marrdro
12-04-2008, 02:46 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Can I take it back ?

Don't take it back my friend.
Obviously you wanted to express your feelings and were looking for some help.
We helped you, you changed your mind and all is right with the world......

Isn't PPO Great.....;D

El Vikingo
12-04-2008, 04:15 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Can I take it back ?

Alcohol is not good,or is it?
;D

singersp
12-04-2008, 05:31 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Mills disapears again.
Mckinnies suspension
Loss of EJ
Loss of Keneche
Loss of Heath

::) Yeah Marr. Damn Birk for taking on a DL & letting a LB thru who is supposed to be picked up by someone else as in a FB or a RB on a pass play.

What the hell was he thinking. He should have just let the DL come crashing thru to sack the QB in anticipation that a LB might possibly blitz.

It's funny you mention 1 or 2 holding calls by Birk in 12 games, but fail to mention your "Future Tackle Boy" & revolving door Ryan Cook, who has had several false start/holding penalties.

Marrdro
12-04-2008, 05:38 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Mills disapears again.
Mckinnies suspension
Loss of EJ
Loss of Keneche
Loss of Heath

::) Yeah Marr. gol 'darnit Birk for taking on a DL & letting a LB thru who is supposed to be picked up by someone else as in a FB or a RB on a pass play.

What the hell was he thinking. He should have just let the DL come crashing thru to sack the QB in anticipation that a LB might possibly blitz.

It's funny you mention 1 or 2 holding calls by Birk in 12 games, but fail to mention your "Future Tackle Boy" & revolving door Ryan Cook, who has had several false start/holding penalties.

LOL, thought that would get a rise out of ya..... Besides, didn't need to say anything about Cook.
He was already highlighted by the guy I responded to....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

singersp
12-04-2008, 05:40 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Mills disapears again.
Mckinnies suspension
Loss of EJ
Loss of Keneche
Loss of Heath

::) Yeah Marr. gol 'darnit Birk for taking on a DL & letting a LB thru who is supposed to be picked up by someone else as in a FB or a RB on a pass play.

LOL, thought that would get a rise out of ya..... Besides, didn't need to say anything about Cook.
He was already highlighted by the guy I responded to....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

So much for the cease & resist. Good to have you back.

Zeus
12-04-2008, 06:47 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Yeah.
Damn them for suspending players in accordance with the policies that the players themselves negotiated.

=Z=