PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Vs. Bucs Predictions

V4L
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Im predicting an average game from Peterson.. The Bucs D is quick and wraps you up fast 97 yards and a 2 yard TD run from Peterson

The Bucs get some a good ammount of turnovers and Gus Frerotte gives them away like it's Christmas.. I predict 3 picks for the Bucs which will lead to 10 points

Gus will throw 1 TD

Jeff will throw 2

And Graham will get 1

Tack on a field goal they get 24

I think the Vikes will get get 17

The Bucs have a very simular D to us but give up less points and are at home.. Thier offense is a top 10 and ours is 13th I believe

So final score 24-17 Bucs cuz it's on their field

Any predictions for you?

V4L
11-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh and the TD from Gus will go to Shank

Berrian will have 2 catches for 37 yards

Rice will have 1 for 13 yards

Wade with 1 for 7

V4L
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Jared Allen pressure all day but no sacks

Ray Edwards and k-will split the only sack

1 pick for Madieu Williams

Napo Harris leading tackler with 7 total tackles

marstc09
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I think we can stop Earnest and Garcia. The question is can Gus limit his mistakes? If he can we win.

V4L
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

I think we can stop Earnest and Garcia. The question is can Gus limit his mistakes? If he can we win.

Yup we are pretty simular across the board

Gus will be the difference maker

If he can manage to only throw 1 pick I think we have a shot

jmcdon00
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
It is going to be a tough game for the vikings. The bucs are 4-0 at home and in those games have outscored their opponents 101 to 43 and have beat all 4 by atleast 2 scores.
Their 3 losses have come against pass happy teams(Saints, Broncos, Cowboys)all in the top 10 in passing yards. There rushing defense is ranked 11th in yards per game but have only allowed 1 rushing Td all year.
I think the best chance the vikings have is if they can win the turnover battle, which they have not done much this year.
This isn't a must win, but they do need to win atleast 1 of the two in florida so if they lose this game they have to beat the Jags.

Yfz01
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
It was only a few weeks ago that I thought the second best team in the NFC was the Bucs but then I watched them against the Cowboys... The bucs are not a great team and we matchup well against them.
They shouldn't be able to run against us and our secondary has done much better recently.
I expect Jared Allen to get at least one sack and we will pressure Garcia the whole time.

Garcia LOVES to throw down the middle.
WE need to take the middle away from him. Watching this game, he avoided pressure and threw straight up the middle around 90% of the time... Seriously.
The coaches better see this and try to shut it down.
He also likes to throw to his backs, hopefullly Greenway / Leber / whoever covers them does a decent job.

We should be able to win this game... I think our defense can shut them down pretty dang well and cause a few turnovers... Dunno why I keep putting three periods at the end of sentences lol.

V4L
11-11-2008, 03:44 PM
LOL

130 views and 6 posts.. half coming from me

No one wants to speculate how it goes?

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Green bay has the 3rd best pass-D... Tampa has the 5th best...

Ferrotte will struggle, the sooner you accept that, the better... but it's still better than Jackson.

--KG--
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
21-10 vikes...AD scores 2 and def get's the other.

V4L
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Keep em comin!

dfosterf
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
"V4L" wrote:

LOL

Hell, you already predicted everything but the relative humidity at gametime, what's left to predict? ;D

It's going to be Gus, imo.
We (pukers) got beat by Greise (embarassing)... he's always had our number. They are STIFF against the run, Garcia is a real winner, seems to get better as he gets older, they are strong on both lines.
It's going to be Gus, make or break you.

V4L
11-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Agreed Foster

I would have said if YOU said the Vikes lose I would have called for no Packer fans allowed here

Their thinking is cloudy

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Bucs - 30

Vikes - 17

Couple of surprises I noticed while researching this game... Did anyone else notice that Miami and Tampa Bay are tied for 8th best Offense in the league? Wow.... that surprised me.

Tampa also has the 7th overall defense (Vikes 6th)... this will be a tough game.

jkjuggalo
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
6-3 Vikings

We score one TD and Childress goes for 2 in the 4th quarter.

jdvike
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

LOL

Hell, you already predicted everything but the relative humidity at gametime, what's left to predict? ;D

We (pukers) got beat by Greise (embarassing)... he's always had our number. They are STIFF against the run, Garcia is a real winner, seems to get better as he gets older, they are strong on both lines.

I like the first part of your sig but the second part is just gutless, why put it in French?...It seems the only thing keeping the Packers out of the basement is the Lions.

Honoring a bet and slamming the Vikings at the same time...real classy...typical Puker fan.

V4L
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
"C" wrote:

Bucs - 30

Vikes - 17

Couple of surprises I noticed while researching this game... Did anyone else notice that Miami and Tampa Bay are tied for 8th best Offense in the league? Wow.... that surprised me.

Tampa also has the 7th overall defense (Vikes 6th)... this will be a tough game.

Best prediction IMO thus far.. better then mine

I was trying to give the Vikes credit cuz they are on a roll

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 04:14 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Bucs - 30

Vikes - 17

Best prediction IMO thus far.. better then mine

I was trying to give the Vikes credit cuz they are on a roll

My guess is that it's a close game (23-17), then, Gus throws a pick-6...

TheKnuck
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Tampa had some impressive wins against green bay and chicago on the road.
and they are coming off a bye week.
They've beat some good teams too.
i'd say we match up pretty close.
biggest factor here is ferotte big time.
if they can somehow stop our rush, then its up to gus to get us first downs on 3rd and 4 and 3rd and 5's.
he bounced back from the chicago debacle to put up some big numbers against Houston.
Let's hope he gets that same energy back after a 3INT outing on sunday.
Lets get berrian back in the mix and some balls to shiancoe.
So in the end, if our Short Bus Teams (special teams) can figure out how to tackle, i see us winning this game.
I don't think gus has 2 bad games in a row.

Vikes 24
Bucs 17

A huge win on the road to put us into 1st baby.
(am i the only one picking the vikes???)

I can see the pack beating a sexy rexy lead chicago offense.

dfosterf
11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

LOL

I like the first part of your sig but the second part is just gutless, why put it in French?...It seems the only thing keeping the Packers out of the basement is the Lions.

Honoring a bet and slamming the Vikings at the same time...real classy...typical Puker fan.

There was no bet. I did it as a purely class act. Try it someday. Sorry for the confusion. I "donned the purple", because I happen to like many of the posters in here, in spite of their unfortunate choice in football teams.
;D and because I have talked my share of smack... and decided to display a little humility.
Excellent language skills, research/assumption skills could use a little fine tuning. I hope that clarifies things for you.

PackSux!
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Vikings

Tampa 13

Ap runs wild and extends his rushing lead and Berrian has a big game to make up for the last.

Tampa bay Yuks here we come!

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 05:52 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

Ap runs wild and extends his rushing lead and Berrian has a big game to make up for the last.

Be prepared for disappointment...

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:

6-3 Vikings

hahahahha.... classic Childress.

Purplemania
11-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I expect a very low scoring game, but here's why I like our chances.

Jeff Garcia.

He's solid no doubt, but whenever there's pressure he gets all giddy and jumpy in the pocket. As some have pointed out, he throws of his back foot, off balance, etc. Opportuniy day anyone?

carta4eva
11-11-2008, 08:18 PM
our defense matches up well with Tampa's version of the west coast offense (no significant play maker on the outsides) all the offense needs to do is give the rock to Peterson, sooner or later he'll break one and we win the game 7-6 ;D

purple punk 56
11-11-2008, 08:33 PM
All this smack coming from so CALLED Vikes Fans.....sad

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/vikes 001.JPG (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/vikes 001.JPG)

LincolnVike
11-11-2008, 08:45 PM
2-0 - Jared Allen sack for a safety.

COJOMAY
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Bucs 17
Vikes 13

skum
11-11-2008, 08:52 PM
24-20 Vikings

Gus Frerotte to Visanthe Shiancoe TD
Adrian Peterson 1 TD
Ryan Longwell FG
Marcus McCauley INT return for TD ;)

Purple Floyd
11-11-2008, 09:27 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

LOL

There was no bet. I did it as a purely class act. Try it someday. Sorry for the confusion. I "donned the purple", because I happen to like many of the posters in here, in spite of their unfortunate choice in football teams.
;D and because I have talked my share of smack... and decided to display a little humility.
Excellent language skills, research/assumption skills could use a little fine tuning. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Don't worry, when you finally decide that the colors are meant for you, we will accept you for who you are. ;D

ragz
11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

I expect a very low scoring game, but here's why I like our chances.

Jeff Garcia.

He's solid no doubt, but whenever there's pressure he gets all giddy and jumpy in the pocket. As some have pointed out, he throws of his back foot, off balance, etc. Opportuniy day anyone?

true, but they are quick passing offense, short, which we usually give to the other team and will probably nuetralize us getting to the qb.
i guess we just gotta tackle well and force punts if we are gonna give them that.
but thats why its so important for us to make them have to drive the lenght of the field.
we give them turnovers or good returns into good field position, we are giving a mediocre offense an easy go at it.

petrodemos
11-11-2008, 10:22 PM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:

6-3 Vikings

im pretty sure its like this: childress wants to go for 2 after longwell hits a FG

kiffin has been licking his chops on his game plan to stop adrian peterson and invites gus frerotte to throw downfield.

The Good
Adrian Peterson is possessed and still gains 120 yds. 80 of those yards are gained while dragging 2 to 5 defenders with him. Not sure if he gets a touchdown or not, im going with no for now

Longwell hits 5 FGs

The Bad
Tampas special teams is 100% better. I think its safe to assume that they get 1 td, breaking the all time return td record for sure.

Gus throws 2 INTs, 1 for a tampa TD. playcalling is pulled back and he only gets 5 attempts in the 2nd half.

Garcia will have a decent game, probably 1td

and most likely 3 FGs from decent punt and kick returns

The Ugly
Chester Taylor gains 10 yds on 10 carries. all for first downs and 1 td.

Garcia is one ugly dude.

this is going to be a hard fought game, a couple of injuries, giving the vikings a loss and going into jacksonville hurting.

tampa 30 minnesota 22

edit: this goes to overtime if viking defense scores a td, overall @ tampa is a tough place to play.

BloodyHorns82
11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

It is going to be a tough game for the vikings. The bucs are 4-0 at home and in those games have outscored their opponents 101 to 43 and have beat all 4 by atleast 2 scores.
Their 3 losses have come against pass happy teams(Saints, Broncos, Cowboys)all in the top 10 in passing yards. There rushing defense is ranked 11th in yards per game but have only allowed 1 rushing Td all year.
I think the best chance the vikings have is if they can win the turnover battle, which they have not done much this year.
This isn't a must win, but they do need to win atleast 1 of the two in florida so if they lose this game they have to beat the Jags.

So what is your prediction?

Mine:
Vikes 16
Bucs 27

jdvike
11-11-2008, 11:36 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

LOL

I really don't care what you think of my research/assumption, or my language skills for that matter.
You questioning class is hilarious.

If you had a pair of grapefruits,
you would post your, oh so clever sig in English....What's the matter Colonel Sanders???....chicken??
:P

How's that for class
;D

VikesFan787
11-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Call me crazy. But I think Minnesota will take this one.
We are coming off a big win and the momentum is still flowin.

Peterson craps on them for 2 TD's and 120 rushing.

Gus has one TD to Shank and 1 pick.

Longwell fieldgoal

VIKINGS: 24

Garcia has 2 td's and 0 picks

Grahm has a 56 yard game with a TD

BUCCANEERS: 21

ragz
11-11-2008, 11:58 PM
"VikesFan787" wrote:

Longwell fieldgoal

can we make the td to berrian, i have him on both my fantasy teams?

Anemic Offense
11-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Ferrotte throws 2 TDs, one to Shank down the seam, the other to Rice.
That will be Rice's only catch of the game.
AD grinds out 110-120 yards and is limited to one touchdown.

Vikings shut down Tampa's running game for the most part, but due to poor special teams play and one pick from Ferrotte (yes, he only throws one), Tampa has good field position all night.
Garcia throws one TD, Earnest rushes for one, and either Ferrotte's pick or a punt return gets run back for a TD.

Vikes win a hard fought game 27 to 24.

If Ferrotte tanks as bad as he did against Green Bay, we lose.

V-Unit
11-12-2008, 08:44 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

You need to look at how they lost to the Cowboys. That is the plan we need to used. Sure the Cowboys were pass happy, but with Witten and Romo out, their passing game declined, yet they still beat the Bucs.

V-Unit
11-12-2008, 08:50 AM
The Bucs won't move the ball on us, but will benefit from some short fields.
AD breaks 100 yards, 1 TD.
Taylor has another solid game. 20 yards rushing, 50 receiving.
Shank reenters the picture with 4 catches.
Wade gets 6 catches.
Berrian has one for 35 yards.
Frerotte throws for 180, 1 TD, 2 INTs.
Longwell goes 2-3.
Jared Allen Sack. In general Garcia gets the Rodgers treatment.
Bucs have 60 yards total rushing.
Garcia throws 2 picks, one off a dropped ball.
Vikings 20, Bucs 16

jmcdon00
11-12-2008, 09:20 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

So what is your prediction?

Mine:
Vikes 16
Bucs 27

Vikes 31 Bucs 17

happy camper
11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Vikings 23
Buccaneers 17

VikesFan787
11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
"ragz" wrote:

"VikesFan787" wrote:

Longwell fieldgoal

can we make the td to berrian, i have him on both my fantasy teams?

you got it. Lemme give him a call and tell him. :P :P

PurpleTide
11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Vikings 28

Bucs

Mr-holland
11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Bucs over Vikings

Tad7
11-12-2008, 10:53 AM
The Bucs are 4 -0 at home and we are 1 -3 on the road and the one win came inside a dome.
Their pass D is pretty darn good so we're looking at least a couple turnovers or being scared and playing too conservative.

Bucs 17
Vikings 10

Marrdro
11-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I look to see alot of this formation from the Vikes......

WR

WR

LT
LG
C

RG
RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

The Bucs gamble and try to take away the running game at first by putting thier CB's on a island one on one with our outside guys and a S or a LB to jam/disrupt the slot reciever, leaving a single saftey deep to help out.

Our 3 Wide set makes Kiffin roll the dice to many times and our offense gashes them 5-8 yard pops both on the ground and in the air which wears that smallish DL down and keeps thier offense off the field and our Defense fresh.

Leslie continues to wake the fuck up and mixes up how/what gaps his DL take to the QB and Garcia is flushed enough to disrupt thier timing of thier passing attack (much the same way we saw against the hated PUKERS).
With minimal success in the air and little or no ground game thier offense is inconsistent and sputters.

Vikes 24
Bucs

i_bleed_purple
11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

The Bucs gamble and try to take away the running game at first by putting thier CB's on a island one on one with our outside guys and a S or a LB to jam/disrupt the slot reciever, leaving a single saftey deep to help out.

Our 3 Wide set makes Kiffin roll the dice to many times and our offense gashes them 5-8 yard pops both on the ground and in the air which wears that smallish DL down and keeps thier offense off the field and our Defense fresh.

Leslie continues to wake the fuck up and mixes up how/what gaps his DL take to the QB and Garcia is flushed enough to disrupt thier timing of thier passing attack (much the same way we saw against the hated PUKERS).
With minimal success in the air and little or no ground game thier offense is inconsistent and sputters.

Vikes 24
Bucs

I like mine better:

Chilly and Fraizer, a few days before the game, go on PP.O and read all of our gameplans, put them in a big hat and choose one to run on sunday.
they finish the day off by cutting Vinny, benching Griffin and putting our whole starting lineup on special teams

bleedpurple
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT
LG
C

RG
RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

Leslie continues to wake the floop up and mixes up how/what gaps his DL take to the QB and Garcia is flushed enough to disrupt thier timing of thier passing attack (much the same way we saw against the hated PUKERS).

Vikes 24
Bucs

I like mine better:

Chilly and Fraizer, a few days before the game, go on PP.O and read all of our gameplans, put them in a big hat and choose one to run on sunday.
they finish the day off by cutting Vinny, benching Griffin and putting our whole starting lineup on special teams

LOL.. good one!!!... based on some of the consistent comments on here.. me included.... that would be exactly what happens...lol!!

although now that gordon is hurt, benching griff is not an option!!

marstc09
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
The Packers are #1 in the league with 16 interceptions and the Bucs are 4th with 12 so don't look for Gus to get any breaks on Sunday.

V4L
11-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Im looking for atleast 2 picks from Gus

I think he will throw 3.. 1 with a tipped ball

Marrdro
11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

Leslie continues to wake the floop up and mixes up how/what gaps his DL take to the QB and Garcia is flushed enough to disrupt thier timing of thier passing attack (much the same way we saw against the hated PUKERS).

Vikes 24
Bucs

I like mine better:

If they listed to us yutz's I would worry a heck alot more about that staff than I do now.

Chuck is hurt and will be missed.
Damn bad the way it looked on the one replay we got to see.
Glad they elected to not show it anymore.

Keep on hating Griff.
He is doing just fine.
When he isn't, you know I will be all over him......;D ;D ;D

delviking
11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
we win
21-0

just so i can bust the balls of all the dang Buc fans i work with ha

vikinggreg
11-12-2008, 02:44 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Im looking for atleast 2 picks from Gus

I think he will throw 3.. 1 with a tipped ball

I can see Gus and the special teams costing the Vikes a win here, the defense will keep the Vikes in it but the Bucks secondary and some big returns will hurt in this one

V-Unit
11-12-2008, 02:48 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

Vikes 24
Bucs

You always look to see that formation...you have been raving about it since the preaseason.

V4L
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I dont think special teams will play as big of a role

They only have 1 return in the history of the Bucs

I think we will give them decent field position a couple times though

i_bleed_purple
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

Vikes 24
Bucs

I like mine better:

If they listed to us yutz's I would worry a heck alot more about that staff than I do now.

Chuck is hurt and will be missed.
Damn bad the way it looked on the one replay we got to see.
Glad they elected to not show it anymore.

Keep on hating Griff.
He is doing just fine.

When he isn't, you know I will be all over him......;D ;D ;D

I was joking btw.
i said that because those seem to be what lots of us 'yutz's' are calling for.
I don't want griff benched because we really don't have anyone better.
maybe if McCauley can turn his game up he has a shot, but there's noone else I trust on our roster to start at corner.

marstc09
11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
If Gus can limit his INTs to 1 or 2 we win 23-20 if he throws more than we lose 23-20.

SamOchoCinco
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
we win

30-27

and gus throws 4 picks as he is bound to have a repeat performance again vs a even more solid bucs defence

i_bleed_purple
11-12-2008, 03:53 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

Vikes 24
Bucs

I would hate to see that formation.
every play would be flagged for too many men on the line. :P

midgensa
11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Two now ... they got one this year. And that is just KICKOFF returns. All teams are capable of taking punts back against us.

Mr-holland
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I can't see us winning unless we put up a stellar defensive performance.
Our offense... hmm my confidence in Frerotte dropped immensely.. So i'm going to say we're playing a game where we are never on the winning hand. Vikes 6 - Bucs 17

i_bleed_purple
11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

I can't see us winning unless we put up a stellar defensive performance.
Our offense... hmm my confidence in Frerotte dropped immensely.. So i'm going to say we're playing a game where we are never on the winning hand. Vikes 6 - Bucs 17

I disagree.. although this will be a tough game, with Gus at QB we haven't been held without a TD yet, and I don't think the bucs are that tough of a team.
its certainly winnable, but we need a good all around performance, probably about a 85+ qb rating, 120+ rush yards, and we need to keep them under 300 offensive yards to win with no special teams td's.
I have a feeling AD will have another big game.
their D isn't the best, and their line is somewhat small, i trust our line from McKinney to Herrera to handle them no problem (cook's another story), open up big holes and help keep drives alive.
The more that I think about it, the more I like the Vikings to win this game, that is IF everyone shows up to play.

my score prediction, 24-17.

midgensa
11-12-2008, 04:02 PM
"V4L" wrote:

As I stated a little earlier ... they have TWO KICKOFF returns in their history.
They have a handful of punt returns for TDs. Karl Williams had five while in Tampa and Galloway has at least one.
All in all ... against us ... ANY punt returner seems poised to take it to the house.

BloodyHorns82
11-12-2008, 04:14 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

WR

WR

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

WR

QB

TE

RB

Vikes 24
Bucs

I would hate to see that formation.
every play would be flagged for too many men on the line. :P

???

V4L
11-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I think you are only allowed to have 7 at the line of scrimmage I belive

Mr-holland
11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
"V4L" wrote:

It's my assumption that you can only allow 5 ( lineman ) where the TE's and WR's are all a step away from the line of scrimmage.

V4L
11-12-2008, 05:40 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

It's my assumption that you can only allow 5 ( lineman ) where the TE's and WR's are all a step away from the line of scrimmage.

MMM idk man

I've seen people lined up right on the line

Ill check it oout

V4L
11-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Seven

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_offensive_players_need_to_be_on_the_line_of_scrimmage

i_bleed_purple
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

the rule is, 5 linemen, and one reciever/TE on each side of the line, so 7 in total.
you must have 3 players on the line on each side, plus a center.

the rules in CFL differ slightly, where if you have more than 7 on the line, that is fine, but anyone on the line, inside of the guy who is split out the widest is ineligible.

for example

WR

TE LT
LG
C RG
RT

WR

QB

WR

RB

WR

in this formation, the TE is ineligible

CCthebest
11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
bucs 27 vikes 17

Gus will give them 1 TD, ST will give another.

We have no one that can cover in the middle, Garcia will be throwing there all day.

AD will have a big game.

Longwell will miss 2 FGs

i_bleed_purple
11-12-2008, 06:09 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

bucs 27 vikes 17

We have no one that can cover in the middle, Garcia will be throwing there all day.

AD will have a big game.

Longwell will miss 2 FGs

nice to see some faith in our team.

V4L
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
He just is speaking what he thinks will happen.. And it isn't really farfetched

I don't see us winning.. But I wouldn't be surprised if we did!

The Bucs are just better and better coached and at home

We got our work cut out for us

CCthebest
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

bucs 27 vikes 17

AD will have a big game.

Longwell will miss 2 FGs

nice to see some faith in our team.

Well I'd like to say 30-0 Vikes but thats not going to happen. At least this year. Once we get a real HC, OC, ST coach and a QB, maybe.

thorshammer
11-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Vikings 21 TB 17. I don't think Gus will play as bad this week. I think our D is on a roll. We're due for a road win. I think the team seems more determined after the bye.

El Vikingo
11-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Vikes 20-Bucs 17.

A lame cause I like the bucaneers.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb139/arno1789/tampa-bay-buccaneers-cheerleaders-7.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01ZucWic1MgEI/610x.jpg

http://images.opensports.com/images/dynamic_images/images/2284/0765/3230.jpg

Long life to the Bucaneros,damn it!!!

JDogg926
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not gonna make a prediction, but this is probably the most excited I've been about a Vikings game since the opener.
If we can pull this one out, with GB and Chicago playing this week, we're going to put ourselves in a nice spot going down the stretch.

VKG4LFE
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm not going to make a prediction either, but I'm just hoping that we don't have a big let down after the big win last week! I think we have a great shot to go down there and steal one!

gregair13
11-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Odds are good we are in for another nail bitter. We are going to win by forcing turnovers and winning the turnover battle. AP will have to go all day again because the bucs D is really good.

petrodemos
11-12-2008, 11:45 PM
"El" wrote:

Vikes 20-Bucs 17.

A lame cause I like the bucaneers.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb139/arno1789/tampa-bay-buccaneers-cheerleaders-7.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01ZucWic1MgEI/610x.jpg

http://images.opensports.com/images/dynamic_images/images/2284/0765/3230.jpg

Long life to the Bucaneros,gol 'darnit it!!!

sure is a nice improvement from the bright orange and white dudes they had running around 10 (?) years ago

DeathtoDenny
11-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't feel that the Vikes are that outmatched; couple of dinosaur QBs, good defenses, and their special teams just had their first kick return in franchise history, so maybe only one return there. I don't know, I just don't have the same dread as I do going into every other game.

midgensa
11-13-2008, 01:21 AM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

I don't feel that the Vikes are that outmatched; couple of dinosaur QBs, good defenses, and their special teams just had their first kick return in franchise history, so maybe only one return there. I don't know, I just don't have the same dread as I do going into every other game.

Second kick in franchise history
;D Sorry, been correcting people on this.
They also have a bunch of punt returns for TDs. I am very worried about our special teams in this one, but I think we will get after Garcia pretty good and should have a very good show at winning here.

ConnecticutViking
11-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I think that the Vikes have a good shot at winning this if they can place pressure on Garcia and not make mistakes with their special teams.

Jilly
11-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I think the Vikings have a good chance at this one for three reasons:

Gus was horrible last weekend but I think he'll respond by coming back with a great game.

I have heard but I'm not sure if it's true, that the Bucs have a horrible record after bye weeks. So instead of coming back rested they just might have a melt down.

The Vikes don't have the best record at RJ. I know, I've been to most of those games in the last ten years and usually the Vikings are on the sidelines sucking oxygen due to the warm weather. All week the temps have been in the mid 80s but the forecast for gameday is 65. This is good news!

I think we will win this game, 28-17.
GO VIKINGS!!

Marrdro
11-13-2008, 09:55 AM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Serioulsly, do I have to figure out how to have a WR lined up a half a step back for you guys.
Comeone.
You know what I am trying to get at here. ::)

gr8vike
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
"VikingMD" wrote:

I think the Vikings have a good chance at this one for three reasons:

Gus was horrible last weekend but I think he'll respond by coming back with a great game.

I have heard but I'm not sure if it's true, that the Bucs have a horrible record after bye weeks. So instead of coming back rested they just might have a melt down.

The Vikes don't have the best record at RJ. I know, I've been to most of those games in the last ten years and usually the Vikings are on the sidelines sucking oxygen due to the warm weather. All week the temps have been in the mid 80s but the forecast for gameday is 65. This is good news!

I think we will win this game, 28-17.
GO VIKINGS!!

Under Gruden the Bucs are 3-3 After their bye week

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20081104/ARTICLE/811040341

V4L
11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Serioulsly, do I have to figure out how to have a WR lined up a half a step back for you guys.
Comeone.
You know what I am trying to get at here. ::)

???

gr8vike
11-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I went back and looked at the Bucs Season. I wanted to find something in common in their losses. First their opponents records so far is 39-42, so not to strong of a schedule. Compared to ours which is 41-40, it is almost the same. Here is what I found in common with their losses.

In all their losses this season, their quarterback has failed to pass for 250 yards, Their RB has failed to rush for 100 yards, and they had no 100 Yard receiver.

In all of their wins, they had at least one of those things happen. If our defense can step it up like they did last week I believe we can win this game. Their losses also haven't come to really good teams. New Orleans Week 1, Denver whose defense has played horrible this year, and Dallas with Brad Johnson playing QB (We all know how good he is.)

I will not make a prediction either, but if our defense can step up, we have a chance.

purplehelmut
11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Seems we've forgotten that the Vikes have a losing record on the road at Tampa Bay and for whatever reason we aren't so good outside on natural grass.
It will be a hard fought game, one the Vikings need to attain first place in the division.
For that reason I believe our effort will be good.
But I just don't think ol' Gus is good enough to get it done- they will load up the box on AD and force Gus to make yards.
I really hope I'm wrong, but if I were betting with my head and not my heart I'd take the Bucs 17-10.
But I'll be watching and hoping for an upset.

MN_SkolVikings_NC
11-13-2008, 11:47 AM
"purplehelmut" wrote:

Seems we've forgotten that the Vikes have a losing record on the road at Tampa Bay and for whatever reason we aren't so good outside on natural grass.
It will be a hard fought game, one the Vikings need to attain first place in the division.
For that reason I believe our effort will be good.
But I just don't think ol' Gus is good enough to get it done- they will load up the box on AD and force Gus to make yards.
I really hope I'm wrong, but if I were betting with my head and not my heart I'd take the Bucs 17-10.
But I'll be watching and hoping for an upset.

I don;t think that our past has any affect on what will happen this week.
We haven't even plaayed Tampa in 2 years (?) and this is a completely different team than what played there before.
I agree with you that our win will be an upset, but I think Gus learns from some of those picks and throws the ball to the correct receiver in those same instances.
I am guessing a score of 27-24 with the vikes doing just enough for Longwell to knock through a 40-45 yard field goal to win.

VikeWings
11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
I predict AP has a big day even without yelling at Chilly, Cook gets called for at least one penalty that kills a big drive, Allen gets a sack, Winfield hits Garcia and strips him of the ball for a touchdown, Kleinsasser takes a short pass for a big gain, Ferrote finishes 20 for 25 and that our tab at the bar and grill will be significant following this game.
The Vikings win 28-21 and shave off half of Chilly's mustache as he sleeps on the ride home.

VW

marstc09
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
"purple" wrote:

All this smack coming from so CALLED Vikes Fans.....sad

I have never seen that Mcfarlane before. Where did you get it?

Vikeman
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
"--KG--" wrote:

C'mon, the Vikes special teams will give up ten alone.

C Mac D
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"--KG--" wrote:

C'mon, the Vikes special teams will give up ten alone.

Yeah, you have to include Ferrotte's pick for a TD...

So, that's 21-17.

BloodyHorns82
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
The fact we haven't beat the Bucs at their stadium since 1997 concerns me.

PackSux!
11-13-2008, 05:06 PM
"C" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

There is no way i will ever be disappointed watching the Vikings.
Win or lose, I still get to watch them play and that is good enough for me.

But be ready to be amazed if you think the Vikes will lose.

C Mac D
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

We haven't beat them in Tampa in quite awhile, not to mention their defense is pretty stout as well.

I also think our secondary may have problems with Garcia's accuracy, however, when Garcia is rushed he seems to make bad decisions... so we'll see.

You're right though, win or lose, should be a great game.

I'm really looking forward to this week's game.

BloodyHorns82
11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

I disagree.
I love watching them play, and the NFL season is always the highlight of my year because of it, however a losing season is not good enough for me, and never will be.

Playoffs or bust...for now, then it's Superbowl or bust.

PackSux!
11-14-2008, 05:11 PM
"C" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

We haven't beat them in Tampa in quite awhile, not to mention their defense is pretty stout as well.

I also think our secondary may have problems with Garcia's accuracy, however, when Garcia is rushed he seems to make bad decisions... so we'll see.

You're right though, win or lose, should be a great game.

I'm really looking forward to this week's game.

Well since we haven't won in Tampa in a while then we are Due to win right?

I actually think we have a really good shot at winning the game.
Our offense is better and so is our defense, but i am worried about the special teams play.
Lets hope we dont lose another game because of SP.

Thats just my opinion though, even without my purple shades on.

jmcdon00
11-14-2008, 05:25 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

Vikings

Tampa 13

Tampa bay Yuks here we come!

Ap extending his rushing streak shouldn't be hard. Portis is in second and will be out this week. 3rd place is 105 yards behind Portis so he would have to out rush Peterson by 105 yards for Peterson not to extend his rushing lead. ;D

DustinDupont
11-14-2008, 06:47 PM
24-21 vikes win in the last minute.

Gus gets hurt on the final drive, Tjack comes in and tears apart the Tampa Bay D and Rice scores a 22 yard TD with 13 seconds left.

V4L
11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

Gus gets hurt on the final drive, Tjack comes in and tears apart the Tampa Bay D and Rice scores a 22 yard TD with 13 seconds left.

Haha wow

Injuries and all!

DustinDupont
11-14-2008, 06:54 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Haha wow

Injuries and all!

haha

huxx
11-14-2008, 08:00 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Haha wow

Injuries and all!

haha

Beautiful!

PackSux!
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

If Gus gets hurt i would rather see Booty.

I have seen enough of Jackson.

Mr-holland
11-15-2008, 06:38 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

If Gus gets hurt i would rather see Booty.

I have seen enough of Jackson.

LMAO!

Mr. Purple
11-15-2008, 10:03 PM
SKOL EVERYONE!

I'll be at Ray Jay tomorrow, goal line, row F. So pretty close to the side lines. I'll be wearing my AP jersey slightly faded numbers and a decked out purple face!!! My girl will be in a retro Moss jersey and some viking war paint on as well! So let me know if you see us!

As far as the game goes I think one thing will decide this in the end. Turnovers. If we lose that battle alone, we'll lose this game no matter what. We can't afford to beat ourselfs. Tampa's Offense is hit or miss so I dont know which side will arrive on Sunday. But two weeks off could either help or hurt them.

AP should have a decent day, but I want to see our TE's pick up slack and make a differnce. Berrian needs to have a decent day stretching the field.

Losing Williams is troubling.And no Allen could stale mate the D Line. Lets hope our boys step up and get a much needed NFC win.

Vikings 24
Bucs 20

BadlandsVikings
11-15-2008, 10:05 PM
30-28 Bucs

Purple D
11-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I am going with Allen and Williams playing and AD runs all day and for over 200,
Our defense will keep them under 10.

Vikings

Tampa

hx38596
11-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Money man, says viking upset.

http://www.covers.com/articles/columns/articles.aspx?theArt=165691

Minnesota Vikings at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-4)

The Bucs have rushed for 129 yards in their last two games. They haven’t really impressed me since Week 7 and that was at home against an injury-depleted Seahawks team.

Tampa Bay’s offense is far too one dimensional for my liking. Head coach Jon Gruden hopes his ground game will pick up with the return of former Rookie of the Year Cadillac Williams, but how much can you rely on a back who hasn’t taken an NFL hit since September 2007?

Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson looks like he’s single-handedly going to carry the Vikings offense into the playoffs. Gus Frerotte makes me nervous under center but Minnesota shouldn’t have to put up many points to stay ahead of the Bucs.

Pick: Vikings

Mr-holland
11-16-2008, 06:36 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

30-28 Bucs

I could agree with that

Proud2BPurple
11-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Unrivalled optimism - 34-13 Vikes

Nobody seen the win in NY coming last year, I predict a repeat!

cogitans
11-16-2008, 08:21 AM
I predict a fairly difficult game for the Purple.

It'll probably stay close, like it seems always to do with the Vikes, so it'll be decided in the 4th quarter.

I have a bad feeling about the result though.

hx38596
11-16-2008, 09:18 AM
"cogitans" wrote:

It'll probably stay close, like it seems always to do with the Vikes, so it'll be decided in the 4th quarter.

Bucs really only have running game, and you know how that story goes.
Get to Garcia, and we're set.
Only thing is giving points/field position to them with turnovers.
interceptions by color blind Gus, or fumbles by 'one more yard, oops!' Peterson.

Keep the turnovers down, and i see 16-10 vikes.

cogitans
11-16-2008, 09:32 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Bucs really only have running game, and you know how that story goes.
Get to Garcia, and we're set.
Only thing is giving points/field position to them with turnovers.
interceptions by color blind Gus, or fumbles by 'one more yard, oops!' Peterson.

Keep the turnovers down, and i see 16-10 vikes.
Garcia is an intelligent QB. I fear he might be able to pick our zone apart.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES
11-16-2008, 09:37 AM
I am a unwavering optimist.
Gus throws an INT, vikes get past it and win 24-17.
It's no longer "manny being manny"
around here it's "adrian being adrian" and adrian equals 100+ rushing, today and every sunday during the season. :)

V4L
11-16-2008, 05:08 PM
About 50 percent of the people were right

marstc09
11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

If Gus can limit his INTs to 1 or 2 we win 23-20 if he throws more than we lose 23-20.

Well Gus was mistake free. We lost. *sigh* This time it was fumbles.

petrodemos
11-17-2008, 01:51 PM
just shows u how unpredictable this team really is. except for special teams, everyone and their mother predicted that special teams would give up the ball at least once :) and they are the most consistent part of the team now.

peterson would be consistant if they would just give him the damn ball!

V4L
11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Yah we all had a huge hunch special teams would kill us again one way or another

I wasn't quite on with how bad I thought Gus would do but I knew Garcia would play a huge ass role and he did

I didn't get the turnover part right for Gus but I figured they would shut him down cuz he doesn't do well against good D's.. never has and never will

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Well Gus was mistake free. We lost. *sigh* This time it was fumbles.

It's just like what I said when Childress first benched Jackson...

No matter who he puts in at QB, it's only going to prove that Childress is the problem.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Yup Chilldress made Chester and Hicks fumble

He didn't make his blocks and let Gus get sacked 5 times

He also didn't get out there and stop Jeff Garcia at all

Ill admit he was outcoached.. Not by a whole lot but he was.. But he really didn't do that bad at all

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:07 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Yup Chilldress made Chester and Hicks fumble

He didn't make his blocks and let Gus get sacked 5 times

He also didn't get out there and stop Jeff Garcia at all

Ill admit he was outcoached.. Not by a whole lot but he was.. But he really didn't do that bad at all

Well, you can blame it on the team (the fumbles)... but when the same turnovers are made week-in-and-week-out, you have to blame the coaching for not having his team prepared to play.

I swear, Childress must never tell them to protect the ball in practice... we practically gift-wrap turnovers for our opponents.

3 years... I've seen enough.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I think the only questionable thing he did was go for it on 4th and 1 with that playcall

But they didn't get points off of it anyway so it don't matter..

And keeping AP out.. Well he was getting negative yards and 2-3 yards IF he got lucky.. They were selling out on him after the 2nd Q.. And he couldn't get going

Our best bet was go to Gus.. Yuck

He did a good job that game.. Not extrememly well but he didn't disapoint me

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Concidering it was Hicks and Chesters first fumbles I can't blame that on Chilldress

If they had fumbling problems and he kept them out there in crunch time and hasn't fixed the problem then I would blame him

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:12 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Concidering it was Hicks and Chesters first fumbles I can't blame that on Chilldress

If they had fumbling problems and he kept them out there in crunch time and hasn't fixed the problem then I would blame him

Oh, ok... so when he makes another mistake next week for the first time, that's OK?

It's like Childress is using the Vikings as his own personal, "How To Coach for Dummies" guide... it makes me sick watching him on the sidelines.

If Childress is still coach of the Vikes next year, I probably won't watch. Between Childress and Goodell, football is becoming fairly boring to watch.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:14 PM
How do u hate him so bad?

He hasn't coached a bad game the last 5-6 weeks

He got outcoached this game but he wasn't bad

And we don't fumble twice in crucial times every week.. You can't pin that on him man i'm sorry.. It's not hiss fault our guys didn't protect the ball

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
"V4L" wrote:

And we don't fumble twice in crucial times every week.. You can't pin that on him man i'm sorry.. It's not hiss fault our guys didn't protect the ball

I would disagree that he hasn't coached a bad game in the last 5-6 weeks.

AD had to yell at him to make the right call against the Packers... because Childress is spineless.

Listen, you can say he coached good games, but I haven't been impressed. We are in a constant struggle to keep our heads above water, and the personnel decisions are constantly atrocious.

Childress consistently leaves one of his best blockers (Sauce) out on running plays... which baffles me.

To be honest, I feel like watching Childress coach a team is like watching a Kindergartner draw with crayons for the first time... It doesn't make any sense to anyone but himself... and that makes him happy... but most people would sit back and say, "WTF is he drawing?"

Our team has only gotten worse since Childress took over.

He's just lucky he has Peterson playing for him, or else he'd truly be exposed for the fraud he is.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:23 PM
"C" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

I would disagree that he hasn't coached a bad game in the last 5-6 weeks.

AD had to yell at him to make the right call against the Packers... because Childress is spineless.

Listen, you can say he coached good games, but I haven't been impressed. We are in a constant struggle to keep our heads above water, and the personnel decisions are constantly atrocious.

Childress consistently leaves one of his best blockers (Sauce) out on running plays... which baffles me.

To be honest, I feel like watching Childress coach a team is like watching a Kindergartner draw with crayons for the first time... It doesn't make any sense to anyone but himself... and that makes him happy... but most people would sit back and say, "WTF is he drawing?"

Our team has only gotten worse since Childress took over.

What games do u think he coached bad and what do you have against what he did?

The Packers game he did coach well... Gus almost gave that one away.. Chilly did very good that game.. He took advantage of the Packers man on man quite a few times and had pressure on Rodgers all day

Idk why you think Jim is out on running plays.. He plays on a majority of the rushing plays.. And if he was in more then that people would know "hey Jim is in they are running"

So when did he coach bad and what do u got against him? The 4th down call against the Pack he took a challenge to get more time to think about it and see if we happened to get it by luck.. Smart thinking there

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Why was Gus throwing, anyways?

We have two of the best running backs in the league and the lead....

Why was Gus throwing?

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Cuz AP was getting -2 to 2 yards per carry in the second half

Believe it or not even AP couldn't get it going

Chilly had to go with what was getting some yards.. And that was Gus

Sorry but your hatred for Chilly hasn't had anything to go off of the last few weeks

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:30 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Cuz AP was getting -2 to 2 yards per carry in the second half

Believe it or not even AP couldn't get it going

Chilly had to go with what was getting some yards.. And that was Gus

Sorry but your hatred for Chilly hasn't had anything to go off of the last few weeks

Sorry, but when you're constantly running the same play with Peterson and not attempting to utilize your players in different ways, defenses will always be able to stop you.

Childress can't play with the lead... period.

It's the same story as the Indianapolis game.

It's the same story as both Green Bay games... but luckily we won the second one.

Listen, if mediocrity is your thing... run with it.

I'd like my football team to be good.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
LOL have you watched the games?

I saw some screens.. I saw some sweeps.. Some draws.. Some dives

No matter what we did with Adrian they had an answer.. They were spying him.. Believe it or not but they were.. They wanted Gus to try to beat them and they got the results they wanted

AP couldn't get ANYTHING in the second half

We went with what was kinda working.. And we fell short because Gus leaves us limited and our team wanted to fumble the game away

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:34 PM
"V4L" wrote:

LOL have you watched the games?

I saw some screens.. I saw some sweeps.. Some draws.. Some dives

No matter what we did with Adrian they had an answer.. They were spying him.. Believe it or not but they were.. They wanted Gus to try to beat them and they got the results they wanted

AP couldn't get ANYTHING in the second half

We went with what was kinda working.. And we fell short because Gus leaves us limited and our team wanted to fumble the game away

This is exactly my point... AP isn't our only player.

Taylor?

Run the reverse with Berrian or Allison?

Hell, how about putting Sauce in a FB and just let him pound up the middle for 3 yards....

Why would you let Gus Ferrotte throw the ball when you have the lead late? Against the best pass D in the league?

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Cuz you rush for 1-3 yards a pop you still have to punt

We tried running Chester actually later in the game and he didn't get it done.. And we also threw a screen to him and he didn't get there.. We also gave him a draw and he got like 3 yards

We tried the trick plays and it didn't work out well for us

Chilldress didn't coach a bad game and you can think he did.. But any fan without hatred towards the guy sees the real picture

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
And what really makes you think Jim could get 3 yards a pop when AP wasn't even getting that? Regardless of them keying on him I would feel more comfortable giving him the ball then Jim on a 4 man front

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:40 PM
"V4L" wrote:

And what really makes you think Jim could get 3 yards a pop when AP wasn't even getting that? Regardless of them keying on him I would feel more comfortable giving him the ball then Jim on a 4 man front

That's called a defeatist mentality... "Why even try it... he probably wouldn't even get it."

I'm just offering creative solutions that would possibly take the opponent by surprise... silly me...

Again... It's this mindset of mediocrity that allows Childress to stay employed.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Lol watch the games again man.. He has tried all sorts of things and uses all of his players

I saw Shank and Mills get involved

Saw Chester and AP get involved

Saw Rice and Berrian get involved

Saw some trick plays and some different runs that we don't see much of

What exactly do you want? he is mixing up his play calls and using his players and using them to their strengths

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Lol watch the games again man.. He has tried all sorts of things and uses all of his players

I saw Shank and Mills get involved

Saw Chester and AP get involved

Saw Rice and Berrian get involved

Saw some trick plays and some different runs that we don't see much of

What exactly do you want? he is mixing up his play calls and using his players and using them to their strengths

Your right, the team is playing top notch football and Childress completely utilizes his talent.

The man is a football genius... my bad.

V4L
11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Lol I figured u wouldn't have much to say when u get proven wrong

You just refuse to give the man any credit

I agree there are better coaches and he is not close to my favorite coach.. But to say he hasn't coached well in the last 5-6 weeks is based on pure hatred for the man

C Mac D
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
"V4L" wrote:

Lol I figured u wouldn't have much to say when u get proven wrong

You just refuse to give the man any credit

I agree there are better coaches and he is not close to my favorite coach.. But to say he hasn't coached well in the last 5-6 weeks is based on pure hatred for the man

Haha, proved me wrong?

Just because we throw the ball to the direction of a player on some piss poor play doesn't mean we "Got them involved"...

I'm just going to drop it because anyone who doesn't see the obvious faults with this team and the coaching staff really isn't worth taking time to argue with...

Besides aren't you drunk? At 3pm on a Monday? I think you're just fishing for an argument.

Keep defending Childress, it will give me more to reference back to when I'm laughing my ass off after he's fired.

"he is mixing up his play calls and using his players and using them to their strengths" Hahahaha.... hilarious.

V4L
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
You haven't proved that he doesn't use his players and use them well

Have you watched the games?

And do I think he is a great coach? Hell no

Would I like a better coach.. Yes

But to say he hasn't coached well if quite funny.. Do you really watch the games?

V4L
11-17-2008, 03:03 PM
We are 4-2 in the last 6 games and lost by a total of 13 points

He has coached well in the last 6 weeks and if you seriously think otherwise im fine with that im not trying to sway your opinion

But I just point out the obvious.. He hasn't made stupid calls.. He uses his 2 backs well.. He is limited with the passing with Gus