PDA

View Full Version : Drunk at the Dome



singersp
11-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Drunk at the Dome: Some of Sunday's 63,845 fans missed the Vikings-Packers game (http://www.twincities.com/ci_10943122?source=most_viewed)

By Brian Murphy
brianmurphy@pioneerpress.com

Article Last Updated: 11/10/2008 02:17:56 PM CST


Police said fan behavior during Sunday's Vikings-Packers game at the Metrodome was relatively tame compared to rowdiness that has colored past clashes between the NFC North Division rivals.....

Garland Greene
11-11-2008, 07:56 AM
I understand drinking before the game, but getting so drunk that you have to miss the game? You pay all that money for a ticket, parking ect. I wish I had that kind of money to just throw away.

Webby
11-11-2008, 08:07 AM
The brawl in the endzone was all time classic:
I have never seen a fight rocking on, security piling on, and then some drunk fruit comes sprinting down the stairs, jumps, and crowd surfs his way in like a mosh pit.
Fucking hilarious.

NodakPaul
11-11-2008, 08:20 AM
"Garland" wrote:


I understand drinking before the game, but getting so drunk that you have to miss the game? You pay all that money for a ticket, parking ect. I wish I had that kind of money to just throw away.



I think my first year of season tickets, when I was 3 seats from the roof, I would drink the whole game.
But by the time the fourth quarter rolled around, I could barely focus on the game.
I like to drink, but I like football a helluva lot more than I like drinking, so I don't do that anymore.
I'll drink at tailgating, and have a couple in the first half, but that is about it.

Plus, the 4 hour ride back to Fargo is miserable when you are coming down off from a buzz. :)

Zeus
11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
"Webby" wrote:


The brawl in the endzone was all time classic:
I have never seen a fight rocking on, security piling on, and then some drunk fruit comes sprinting down the stairs, jumps, and crowd surfs his way in like a mosh pit.
Fucking hilarious.


I totally missed that.
When was it?

=Z=

PurplePeopleEaters
11-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Great. An article that paints Minnesota fans as a bunch of drunk idiots while Packers fans are the law abiding citizens that drag their drunk friends back home.

PurpleTide
11-11-2008, 09:19 AM
"Webby" wrote:


The brawl in the endzone was all time classic:
I have never seen a fight rocking on, security piling on, and then some drunk fruit comes sprinting down the stairs, jumps, and crowd surfs his way in like a mosh pit.
fricken hilarious.



Ah... yes, I remember when I had my first beer.... ::)

dakkar59
11-11-2008, 09:22 AM
"Webby" wrote:


The brawl in the endzone was all time classic:
I have never seen a fight rocking on, security piling on, and then some drunk fruit comes sprinting down the stairs, jumps, and crowd surfs his way in like a mosh pit.
fricken hilarious.


Please please tell me there's a video!

jargomcfargo
11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Quote
Police said he likely would not see daylight until Wednesday, drying out while strapped to a gurney before undergoing a substance-abuse evaluation.

Strapped to a gurney for 3 days!?
That might suck a little eh?

jmcdon00
11-11-2008, 10:54 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


Quote
Police said he likely would not see daylight until Wednesday, drying out while strapped to a gurney before undergoing a substance-abuse evaluation.

Strapped to a gurney for 3 days!?
That might suck a little eh?


That's crazy, I'd much rather just go to jail, atleast you'd get out on Monday morning.

Bretto007
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
One of the main reasons I don't go to alot of viking games anymore.
Plus if I do go I don't bring my little brother or girlfriend because people can get so stupid rowdy.

pack93z
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Great. An article that paints Minnesota fans as a bunch of drunk idiots while Packers fans are the law abiding citizens that drag their drunk friends back home.


Have no fear, after every game at Lambeau.. the same article is written weekly.

Honestly.. I won't take my kids to a game until they get into their teens. It is ridiculous the behavior of some, cheering, booing and having a little fun is one thing.. becoming so smashed that you can't act responsibly is completely another.

Have a little respect for those around you.. it is their experience too.

V4L
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Well said Pack!!

I love getting smashed but it doesn't make me act any different then I am sober.. It's weird I can walk talk and act normal

I hate it when people get so drunk they can't even watch the game

AngloVike
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
"pack93z" wrote:


"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Great. An article that paints Minnesota fans as a bunch of drunk idiots while Packers fans are the law abiding citizens that drag their drunk friends back home.


Have no fear, after every game at Lambeau.. the same article is written weekly.

Honestly.. I won't take my kids to a game until they get into their teens. It is ridiculous the behavior of some, cheering, booing and having a little fun is one thing.. becoming so smashed that you can't act responsibly is completely another.

Have a little respect for those around you.. it is their experience too.

Have to say that on my visits to the Dome - and one to the Georgia Dome I haven't seen anything like that - fingers crossed I don't in the future either. I can never understand why you'd go to a game and then miss it through being smashed.

V4L
11-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I love going drunk

Last 3 games i've been smashed!

jmcdon00
11-11-2008, 04:03 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"pack93z" wrote:


"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Great. An article that paints Minnesota fans as a bunch of drunk idiots while Packers fans are the law abiding citizens that drag their drunk friends back home.


Have no fear, after every game at Lambeau.. the same article is written weekly.

Honestly.. I won't take my kids to a game until they get into their teens. It is ridiculous the behavior of some, cheering, booing and having a little fun is one thing.. becoming so smashed that you can't act responsibly is completely another.

Have a little respect for those around you.. it is their experience too.

Have to say that on my visits to the Dome - and one to the Georgia Dome I haven't seen anything like that - fingers crossed I don't in the future either. I can never understand why you'd go to a game and then miss it through being smashed.

It's usually a fun place to go and you don't see too many problems. This was a huge game with a division rival for 1st place and only 10 people were arrested or ejected out of 64,000. Thats 99.99984374% of fans that didn't have a problem. Actually pretty impressive for an event that encourages drinking before and during the game.

V4L
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I woulda got thrown out

I get angry at Packer fans when they try to step up to me

I knocked out a packer fan at a party one time.. Out cold

jmcdon00
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Well said Pack!!

I love getting smashed but it doesn't make me act any different then I am sober.. It's weird I can walk talk and act normal

I hate it when people get so drunk they can't even watch the game

Agreed, drinking is a big part of the game day experience. Although I usually pass out as soon as I get home and miss Sunday night football. Against the Bears on Sunday night I'm sure I will be more trashed than usual.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"pack93z" wrote:


"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Great. An article that paints Minnesota fans as a bunch of drunk idiots while Packers fans are the law abiding citizens that drag their drunk friends back home.


Have no fear, after every game at Lambeau.. the same article is written weekly.

Honestly.. I won't take my kids to a game until they get into their teens. It is ridiculous the behavior of some, cheering, booing and having a little fun is one thing.. becoming so smashed that you can't act responsibly is completely another.

Have a little respect for those around you.. it is their experience too.

Have to say that on my visits to the Dome - and one to the Georgia Dome I haven't seen anything like that - fingers crossed I don't in the future either. I can never understand why you'd go to a game and then miss it through being smashed.


I've been to three Vikes home games, two of them packers vs. vikings and I have witnessed none of what was said in this article. I've seen your typical rowdy drunk fan throwing around insults but no one passed out with puke all over them. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places or maybe this game was worse than years past...

I can't understand getting smashed at a game either. A couple beers is one thing but passed out drunk at a football game? It's not a frat house, jesus...

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
V4L... you should ask for donations to just sit at home and post drunk ramblings on this site.

I think you may actually make some coin.

V4L
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh man latley 75 percent on my posts have been drunken

Im losing money fast

I will take you non taxable dollars if anyone is willing!

Formo
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
No thanks V4L.


One 43-year-old California man tried to get a head start on traffic after Adrian Peterson's game-clinching run only to trip and fall head first into the concrete outside the VIP tent.

Bleeding from a gash underneath his left eye, the intoxicated man pleaded with officers not to call an ambulance because his brother was still in the Dome. Police convinced him it was wise to take the ride to Hennepin County Medical Center for stitches rather than risk falling again and unconsciously freezing to death.

Suddenly, a huge roar erupted inside the stadium after Mason Crosby missed a potential winning 52-yard field goal with 31 seconds remaining.

The man learned from one of the officers the Vikings had won.

"That's all I need," he said.

The man offered a bloody fist bump to the officer, who declined the offer.

HAHHAA!!
WTF is wrong with that officer?!
C'mon man!

Stuff like what is written in that article is one of the many reasons I stopped drinking.
Not a huge fan of fall down, pass out, puking drunk.
Ever.

V4L
11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Yah that's too drunk

I've drank over a liter and haven;t even been like that

People need to learn how to drink and handle it

C Mac D
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Yah that's too drunk

I've drank over a liter and haven;t even been like that

People need to learn how to drink and handle it


What's the point of that?

jessejames09
11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
"C" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Yah that's too drunk

I've drank over a liter and haven;t even been like that

People need to learn how to drink and handle it


What's the point of that?


It makes you suave. Chicks dig a guy who can puke on himself and still play it cool.

PackSux!
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
My wife likes to harp on me when i get together with my buddies for a game.
She sometimes thinks we have a problem, I tell her this.

I drank, I got drunk and I passed out.
Whats the problem?
;D

No but getting drunk enough where you pass out and puke yourself is a problem.
Hell i would be willing to bet that person pissed themselves while they were at it.

gregair13
11-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I had a fair amount before the game and after, but not enough to not know whats going on. Tickets are way too expensive to just drink the whole game away.

I save that for the eskimos games. I mainly drink there because games are always friday or saturday night and its always really cold so need it to warm up, or its sunny and hot and the beer is refreshing. I have tripped down the stairs a few times and told a lot of people off and puked before getting in the car, but I have never been arrested for being too drunk.

StillPurple
11-11-2008, 05:59 PM
I like a beer or three with my Vikings game too (along with an occasional "Vikings victory shot (TM)", but that article is kind of B.S., because at one point it states "the alcohol CAUSES the problem". B.S., the jerk inside the body causes the problem, not the alcohol. If the alcohol causes the problem, why isn't everyone who drinks an idiot and a jerk ?

Like saying, "the hamburgers caused the obesity". Or "The gun caused the murder". I think psychologists call that a "displacement" or something, when you blame some object for behavior (if they don't, they should...
::)).

I personally have been pretty sozzled (not as bad as those in the video) and have never really lost my ability to hold to decent standards of courtesy and boundaries vis-a-vis others (I was drinking on election night and successfully restrained myself from saying anything to a group of loud Obama-bots celebrating loudly in a corne of the pub, and if I can do that, I think any drinker can restrain himself !!), so I personally think that even if you are drunk, there is no excuse for being a jerk. Just my opinion and my experience. The "inner Minnesotan" can hold me back pretty good, even at a relatively high BAC.


This "the alcohol made me do it" actually becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy, if you really think about it (also because psychologists now say that expectations before drug use as to what the drink will do play a big role in how inebriated people become and how they act when inebriated).

PS - Do you guys know about Modern Drunkard Magazine ? It is an online and paper magazine out of Denver by a guy named Frank Kelly Rich, founded in 1996, for the celebration of drinking. Check it out sometime. They always write articles like that. Someone should write one called "Sozzled at the Vikings game" and send it to them. It if is witty enough, they will publish it, and maybe send you beer or something.

StillPurple
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I like the concept of the "session beer". The term comes from England and it was used when factory workers in the 1800s would take a break during the day and drink a pint or two. They would then go back to work. The notion of a session beer is that the beer is a bit week and so you can drink 3 or 4 of them and not be totally blasted. You get a mild buzz, which is nice.

I do this at my sports bar. I drink Guinness, which I consider a good session beer. If I compare my "Guiness buzz" to how I feel after 4 or 5 stronger (German) beers, I vastly prefer the Guiness. But hey, I am 42 years old.

Formo
11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:


I like a beer or three with my Vikings game too (along with an occasional "Vikings victory shot (TM)", but that article is kind of B.S., because at one point it states "the alcohol CAUSES the problem". B.S., the jerk inside the body causes the problem, not the alcohol. If the alcohol causes the problem, why isn't everyone who drinks an idiot and a jerk ?

Like saying, "the hamburgers caused the obesity". Or "The gun caused the murder". I think psychologists call that a "displacement" or something, when you blame some object for behavior (if they don't, they should...
::)).


See...
I agree with everything you said.
But in this case..
Not so much.
The problem with alcohol is it affects ones motor and thinking skills.
Mainly motor.. lol
In the case of hamburgers, they don't do that (...well, over a LOOONG period of time..
but you get my point), and the gun in ones hands doesn't effect one's motor skills.

Yes, the jerk in the body causes the problem, but the alcohol amplifies it.
Therefore, alcohol doesn't get a 100% free ride.

BloodyHorns82
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Yah that's too drunk

I've drank over a liter and haven;t even been like that

People need to learn how to drink and handle it


What's the point of that?


It makes you suave. Chicks dig a guy who can puke on himself and still play it cool.


LMFAO!!
One of the funniest posts I've ever read on this site in 2+ years!

digital420
11-12-2008, 07:00 AM
years ago.. at the Vikes-GB xmass eve game.. or xmass day i don't remember..
we went to the dome for the game.


i was intown from greece, and he had tickets so we went a few hours early.. i remember it being !#%$! cold and my fully covered, gloved body was trying not to shake the orange juice looking substance in my coca cola bottle..

well.. after finishing that bottle. and a few shots from some people next to us in the parking lot (they were celebrating their engagement) i was... warm..

in the first half.. i was loud.. yelling and cheering.. then.. after a few bud's.. i was cursing and yelling.. according to my dad some.. suited gentelmen came to the seats behiend us.. at one point dad told me.. ok.. keep the swearing down as there are kids around us.. (i was using some good curses translated from greek for ol farvee) .. so.. i stood up and yell Hey Farve.. he looked up and i flipped him the bird..

i turned and the gentelman in the suit behiend me was laughing.. he asked if i was ok.. i said yeah and appologiezed if i was abnoxious.. he said.. just calm down a bit and things will be ok.. just then a fight started above us by some gb vs vike fans.. boom he was in sprint with cb in hand.

yeah i was tanked.. but, never out of control. it is kinda part of the fun that i had that day. trying to deal with reletives for xmass eve dinner while still being shitfaced wasn't as fun though..

just shows that you can enjoy a buzz (any buzz) and enjoy the game.. when you are out of control.. u can't enjoy anything.
this article shows people that were out of control.. and i'm sure it happens in every stadium!!

DiGiTaL

marcosMN
11-12-2008, 09:31 AM
I think you all are well aware that I tend to enjoy a few ales before and during the game.

I was a teenager not so long ago, and I was in college even more recently. I had my days of drinking too much. I'm over it.

These days, I know my limits, and I stay within them.

Getting a little loaded is part of the game day fun, for me. Some people can handle a few drinks, others can't. The key is to be honest with yourself about what you can and cannot handle. It is selfish as hell for someone to become belligerent, to the point of disrupting other paying fans' enjoyment of the game, just because that one person wants to be cool and tip a few back.

Assholes like that give party dudes like me a bad name.

jargomcfargo
11-12-2008, 09:56 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:


I think you all are well aware that I tend to enjoy a few ales before and during the game.

I was a teenager not so long ago, and I was in college even more recently. I had my days of drinking too much. I'm over it.

These days, I know my limits, and I stay within them.

Getting a little loaded is part of the game day fun, for me. Some people can handle a few drinks, others can't. The key is to be honest with yourself about what you can and cannot handle. It is selfish as hell for someone to become belligerent, to the point of disrupting other paying fans' enjoyment of the game, just because that one person wants to be cool and tip a few back.

donkey butts like that give party dudes like me a bad name.


That's a pretty good testimonial. I'll give mine.

When the Vikings lost to the Steelers in the superbowl I puked and passed out right after the game. I remember the room spinning. It was at my uncles apartment and I was still in college.

Now things have changed. It's all about attitude for me. I go to every live game with the thought of having fun no matter what. Win or lose, frustrated or not frustrated, it's a game; entertainment.

Usually I drink a little, but not much. I didn't drink at all this last game.

It's ok to drink and enjoy the game, but almost all the people who are obnoxious or cause trouble are drunk.
I would like to see NFL football more family friendly. But I don't think it will happen in a violent contact sport.

Zeus
11-12-2008, 10:48 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


I think you all are well aware that I tend to enjoy a few ales before and during the game.

I was a teenager not so long ago, and I was in college even more recently. I had my days of drinking too much. I'm over it.

These days, I know my limits, and I stay within them.

Getting a little loaded is part of the game day fun, for me. Some people can handle a few drinks, others can't. The key is to be honest with yourself about what you can and cannot handle. It is selfish as hell for someone to become belligerent, to the point of disrupting other paying fans' enjoyment of the game, just because that one person wants to be cool and tip a few back.

donkey butts like that give party dudes like me a bad name.


That's a pretty good testimonial. I'll give mine.

When the Vikings lost to the Steelers in the superbowl I puked and passed out right after the game. I remember the room spinning. It was at my uncles apartment and I was still in college.

Now things have changed. It's all about attitude for me. I go to every live game with the thought of having fun no matter what. Win or lose, frustrated or not frustrated, it's a game; entertainment.

Usually I drink a little, but not much. I didn't drink at all this last game.

It's ok to drink and enjoy the game, but almost all the people who are obnoxious or cause trouble are drunk.
I would like to see NFL football more family friendly. But I don't think it will happen in a violent contact sport.


Next game, bring some pie.

=Z=