PDA

View Full Version : Latest flag on Allison annoys him

singersp
11-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Latest flag on Allison annoys him (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/33801924.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUl)

By CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune

Last update: November 4, 2008 - 8:40 AM

Vikings receiver Aundrae Allison has been called for offensive pass interference three times this season.

Purple Floyd
11-05-2008, 08:02 AM
IMO the calls have all been questionable. If you look at them he clearly does initiate contact, but so do a large percentage of WR's who don't get called.

But in the end he knows that they have his numbers and now he has to go out and play clean. If he catches enough passes to be considered a star in the league those calls will come less often.

I wonder if Michael Irvin would think it was pushing off? ;D

HEY
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
It has really been killing Allison this years. It seems like everytime Allison catches a long pass, he gets a penalty.
It's probably true what Allison says in the end of the article.

Allison said he doesn't want to lose his aggressiveness but said he needs to pay extra attention to how he uses his hands. He said he thinks referees might be cognizant of the fact he already has been called for three pass interference penalties.

"The referees and other players see it on film," he said. "That's probably something they look for. When they see No. 84, they're probably looking for me pushing off."

VikingMike
11-05-2008, 08:13 AM
The end result...Goodell will fine Allison and Childress for comments detrimental to referees and the NFL.

It's unfortunate that some calls are going against him, but just keep on plugging and things will turn his way. Honestly, I don't want to hear complaints...I just want receptions.

SKOL
11-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I thought it was a good call.
Although it irked me, I thought it was obvious he pushed off, and thus was alone to catch the ball.

Zeus
11-05-2008, 08:43 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

Although it irked me, I thought it was obvious he pushed off, and thus was alone to catch the ball.

I watched Allison almost the entire play from my seat - he was running right at me - and I agree.
The replays they showed inside the Dome never had them early enough to see what I thought was the penalty.

=Z=

Caine
11-05-2008, 08:53 AM
If you watched the replay of the call, you could clearly see Allison's hand engage the defender's shoulder.
Worst of all, you could also see the official looking downfield as Allison and that defender raced toward him, giving him a straight on view of the engagement.

It was a call that any official would have made.

Caine

jargomcfargo
11-05-2008, 09:05 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

I watched Allison almost the entire play from my seat - he was running right at me - and I agree.
The replays they showed inside the Dome never had them early enough to see what I thought was the penalty.

=Z=

Virtually all receivers push off to get separation,some are better at it
than others it seems. Some are called some aren't.
Can't argue with this call even if it wasn't much of a push. Allison's arm was fully extended and the defender wasn't touching him.

BleedinPandG
11-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I saw the hand fighting and saw that AA "kept" separation possibly with his arm but he didn't push the DB away to "create" separation.

Actually, I was just glad to see Chilly was fired up about the call enough to criticize the officials.
He knows he's going to be fined for that.
In the past, Chilly has generally shied away from that kind of stuff.
Nice to see him man up for one of his players.

Randy Moss
11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
that's what happens when you're the same number as Randy Moss

Vikeman
11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Latest flag on Allison annoys him (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/33801924.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUl)

Vikings receiver Aundrae Allison has been called for offensive pass interference three times this season.

The worst offender is clearly Randy Moss.
Had they enforced this rule on him last season, he wouldn't have come close to Jerry Rice's TD record.
The NFL looked the other way for Moss because a season of broken records generated quite a lot of revenue for the NFL!

marstc09
11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I thought the call was BS

El Vikingo
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Lord knows that is not a pass interfernce,if so was rite , 90 % of the WR/CB
plays would be
PI

Zeus
11-05-2008, 12:23 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

As noted at the time, you weren't looking at Allison when he really pushed off.

=Z=

marstc09
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

=Z=

I saw the replay and stand by my comment.

BloodyHorns82
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

=Z=

You can't call that play a push off without tossing flags on half the other passing downs in the NFL.

Purple Floyd
11-05-2008, 04:09 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

=Z=

You can't call that play a push off without tossing flags on half the other passing downs in the NFL.

Amen

It happens all of the time in the NFL. For him to be called for it 3 times against 9 total receptions for the year is crazy. Hell, at that pace some of the guys should be flagged 5 times a game.

V4L
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Allison just needs to use his athletic ability to get the ball

It's natural the stick ur arm out and feel for the corner

He is getting called for it everytime so he needs to just run and get the ball

PackSux!
11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
"Vikeman" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

The worst offender is clearly Randy Moss.
Had they enforced this rule on him last season, he wouldn't have come close to Jerry Rice's TD record.
The NFL looked the other way for Moss because a season of broken records generated quite a lot of revenue for the NFL!

Randy learned from the Master(C.C.) how to get away with it.

V4L
11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Yup

Randy does it so suttle

You cant even tell til you watch the replay like 2-3 times