PDA

View Full Version : Next QB?



RussianNorman
10-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm watching american football just ten years. But I never saw any QB like Sam Bradford. I’m very excited about him! What your thoughts about this young guy? Is there any chance to see this player in Vikings uniform?

V4L
10-24-2008, 03:54 PM
He will get drafted very very very high

Depending on how we do there is a SLIM chance we get him I think

I don't think we will have a top 5 pick.. And I feel he will be a top 5 pick

pack93z
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
The thing that may drop his ranking is that he doesn't have the "wow" arm.. Stafford has it.. so that may make Bradford slide a little.. I think Bradford will be the better overall QB at the next level.

Smart and accurate..

marstc09
10-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Not seen much on him. Even if he is drafted by us, I don't want to see him start right away.

Physio-Impossibility70
10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
"RussianNorman" wrote:


Is there any chance to see this player in Vikings uniform?


How about this QB?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh23/IanROX22/Rex-Grossman.png

Some Film on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwKYIcvjQw&feature=related

Note: at the 1:56 mark...brutal..LoL!

RussianNorman
10-24-2008, 04:16 PM
"pack93z" wrote:


Smart and accurate..


Yeah, I think that real good QB is symbiosis of brain and strength of arm!

jkjuggalo
10-24-2008, 04:26 PM
What little I've seen of him, I like his swagger.
He plays against some tough competition too (Texas, OSU, etc.).
I'd like to see how he does in his bowl game this year.

marstc09
10-24-2008, 04:30 PM
"Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:


"RussianNorman" wrote:


Is there any chance to see this player in Vikings uniform?


How about this QB?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh23/IanROX22/Rex-Grossman.png

Some Film on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwKYIcvjQw&feature=related

Note: at the 1:56 mark...brutal..LoL!


Mayber Rex just needs a change of scenery. I am not against looking at him. He did take the Bears to a Super Bowl.
:-

C Mac D
10-24-2008, 04:40 PM
He'll be a Detroit Lion.

RussianNorman
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
"C" wrote:


He'll be a Detroit Lion.


definitely :(

marstc09
10-24-2008, 04:53 PM
NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.

C Mac D
10-24-2008, 04:56 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.

V4L
10-24-2008, 04:56 PM
If we choose we should be able to get someone like Chace Daniels, Tim Tebow or Bradford

I feel we will have a decent midfirst round pick and one of these guys should be around that time.. If we do choose to get one I wo9uld be okay with that

marstc09
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
"C" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.


I think we need to do both.

V4L
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
"C" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.



Colt Mccoy is staying at Texas for atleast 1 more year

Physio-Impossibility70
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
"marstc09" wrote:



Mayber Rex just needs a change of scenery. I am not against looking at him. He did take the Bears to a Super Bowl.
:-\


It is MORE correct to say: "Rex Grossman prevented da Bears from winning a Super Bowl."
;)

RussianNorman
10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Hmm... Stafford... is he.... Ryan?

tastywaves
10-24-2008, 05:37 PM
"V4L" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.



Colt Mccoy is staying at Texas for atleast 1 more year


Colt is a junior this year and probably will stay for his senior year.
Bradford I think is a sophomore.
Chase is a senior and will be in the draft.
Chase is only 6-0.
He's a tough guy and has shown he can play, but I'm not sure how his pro career is going to go.

McCoy I get to watch quite a bit being in Austin.
He's definitely a gamer and a pass first kind of guy who's not afraid to run with the ball when needed.
Very tough kid.
He's currently completing over 80% of his passes with mediocre receivers.

Bradford is a big guy 6-4/6-5 with a great arm.
If he continues his college career the way he has started, he no doubt will be at the top of the draft charts when he comes out.
I just don't think it will be this year.
He's probably the best of the bunch for the NFL game.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I thought we were getting McNabb when his contract comes up. Isn't this his last year?

V4L
10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
"tastywaves" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.



Colt Mccoy is staying at Texas for atleast 1 more year


Colt is a junior this year and probably will stay for his senior year.
Bradford I think is a sophomore.
Chase is a senior and will be in the draft.
Chase is only 6-0.
He's a tough guy and has shown he can play, but I'm not sure how his pro career is going to go.

McCoy I get to watch quite a bit being in Austin.
He's definitely a gamer and a pass first kind of guy who's not afraid to run with the ball when needed.
Very tough kid.
He's currently completing over 80% of his passes with mediocre receivers.

Bradford is a big guy 6-4/6-5 with a great arm.
If he continues his college career the way he has started, he no doubt will be at the top of the draft charts when he comes out.
I just don't think it will be this year.
He's probably the best of the bunch for the NFL game.




Yup I meant staying for his last year!!

My girl is the biggest longhorn fan I know and she is in love with Colt.. It's sickening

He is a baller and I would be okay with having him as our QB in a couple years if we cant find a suitable QB

i_bleed_purple
10-24-2008, 05:43 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I thought we were getting McNabb when his contract comes up. Isn't this his last year?


and why would this be the case?



I would hate to see Tebow come here.
I see him being a huge bust.

RussianNorman
10-24-2008, 05:48 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:



I would hate to see Tebow come here.
I see him being a huge bust.


agree

V4L
10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
"RussianNorman" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:



I would hate to see Tebow come here.
I see him being a huge bust.


agree



I dont think he would have instant success

But I see him as a developmental guy

He has all the tools and good head on his shoulders

Who knows how that could turn out though right?

tastywaves
10-24-2008, 06:11 PM
"V4L" wrote:


"tastywaves" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.



Colt Mccoy is staying at Texas for atleast 1 more year


Colt is a junior this year and probably will stay for his senior year.
Bradford I think is a sophomore.
Chase is a senior and will be in the draft.
Chase is only 6-0.
He's a tough guy and has shown he can play, but I'm not sure how his pro career is going to go.

McCoy I get to watch quite a bit being in Austin.
He's definitely a gamer and a pass first kind of guy who's not afraid to run with the ball when needed.
Very tough kid.
He's currently completing over 80% of his passes with mediocre receivers.

Bradford is a big guy 6-4/6-5 with a great arm.
If he continues his college career the way he has started, he no doubt will be at the top of the draft charts when he comes out.
I just don't think it will be this year.
He's probably the best of the bunch for the NFL game.




Yup I meant staying for his last year!!

My girl is the biggest longhorn fan I know and she is in love with Colt.. It's sickening

He is a baller and I would be okay with having him as our QB in a couple years if we cant find a suitable QB


I'm heading to the tailgate area tomorrow against Oklahoma State.
Another good young QB there with Zack Robinson.
Should be another good game.

ultravikingfan
10-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.

V4L
10-24-2008, 07:16 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



Idk if this means much.. But didnt he already say he was staying?

SamOchoCinco
10-24-2008, 07:33 PM
i know we need a quarterback.

but i read about this one cornerback that appears to be the next champ bailey and i reallllyyyyy want him!

anyone know about him?

V4L
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable

SamOchoCinco
10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable


i dont want bradford. the big name quarterbacks are kind of risks. so yeah

V4L
10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
"SamOchoCinco" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable


i dont want bradford. the big name quarterbacks are kind of risks. so yeah



Any player coming out of college is a risk

But I agree with you many big name QBs havent lived up to the hype I.E Vince Young
and Leinert and guys like them

But Matt Ryan has been pretty damn good this year

ultravikingfan
10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



Idk if this means much.. But didnt he already say he was staying?


If they win it all, he will go pro.
Come on, his stock will be the highest.
Why risk injury or a bad year the next?

ultravikingfan
10-24-2008, 09:30 PM
"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable


He is a true sophomore

Mr Anderson
10-24-2008, 09:45 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable


He is a true sophomore

Actually, V4L is correct, he's a redshirt sophomore. Redshirted 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Bradford
http://www.sambradford.org/
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bradford_sam00.html

dcboardr41
10-24-2008, 10:24 PM
sam bradford all day, would love to get him

too bad the top 2 teams in the draft will both take QBs. the Lions and the Chiefs. Lets hope somehow Bradford falls to us if we have that high of a draft pick

ultravikingfan
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable


He is a true sophomore

Actually, V4L is correct, he's a redshirt sophomore. Redshirted 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Bradford
http://www.sambradford.org/
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bradford_sam00.html


Ok.
I quickly looked and thought he was a true sophomore.

midgensa
10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.

Bradford is eligible to come out this season. He is a redshirt sophomore.

Mr Anderson
10-24-2008, 10:52 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Bradford cannot come out this next year.

McCoy, I believe, if they win it all will go eligible for the NFL.



And isn't Bradford 3 years removed from HS being a redshirt sophmore?

Which would mean he is eligable


He is a true sophomore

Actually, V4L is correct, he's a redshirt sophomore. Redshirted 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Bradford
http://www.sambradford.org/
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bradford_sam00.html


Ok.
I quickly looked and thought he was a true sophomore.

Unacceptable.

Your image is forever tarnished.
;D

midgensa
10-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Colt McCoy will enter the draft even if they lose the title game I think. These kids always say they are coming back. In all likelihood ... the top QBs in next season's draft will be Stafford, Bradford, Tebow, McCoy, Daniels and Cullen Harper. All of which could be gone in the first and second rounds. It should be a good class.

Chazz
10-24-2008, 10:56 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


sam bradford all day, would love to get him

too bad the top 2 teams in the draft will both take QBs. the Lions and the Chiefs. Lets hope somehow Bradford falls to us if we have that high of a draft pick


When is the last time two QBs went in the top ten, let alone 1-2? Manning-Leaf? If the Chiefs still have Herm, I don't think they will take a QB. The Lions have major needs from there OL to pretty much there entire Defense, not sold on them going QB. Plus don't they still have that guy from Michigan state?

Bottom line is if Stafford or Bradford are still available after the first 5 picks, we need to make it happen. QB is just to important to keep fucking around with it.

midgensa
10-24-2008, 11:15 PM
"Chazz" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


sam bradford all day, would love to get him

too bad the top 2 teams in the draft will both take QBs. the Lions and the Chiefs. Lets hope somehow Bradford falls to us if we have that high of a draft pick


When is the last time two QBs went in the top ten, let alone 1-2? Manning-Leaf? If the Chiefs still have Herm, I don't think they will take a QB. The Lions have major needs from there OL to pretty much there entire Defense, not sold on them going QB. Plus don't they still have that guy from Michigan state?

Bottom line is if Stafford or Bradford are still available after the first 5 picks, we need to make it happen. QB is just to important to keep fucking around with it.

One of them MAY be available after No. 5 ... but I would have to agree that Detroit and K.C. are both likely to go QB, especially with the strong class of QBs that will be available.
As for how often, QBs went 1 and 2 in 93 and 98, so it has been a while, but since 93 the top pick has been a QB 9 times and 23 QBs have been taken in the top 10 ... so it is a popular position to be taken early.
If we are not picking in the top 10 we have to logically assume we have NO shot at one of the top two QBs.

Chazz
10-25-2008, 12:01 AM
"midgensa" wrote:


"Chazz" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


sam bradford all day, would love to get him

too bad the top 2 teams in the draft will both take QBs. the Lions and the Chiefs. Lets hope somehow Bradford falls to us if we have that high of a draft pick


When is the last time two QBs went in the top ten, let alone 1-2? Manning-Leaf? If the Chiefs still have Herm, I don't think they will take a QB. The Lions have major needs from there OL to pretty much there entire Defense, not sold on them going QB. Plus don't they still have that guy from Michigan state?

Bottom line is if Stafford or Bradford are still available after the first 5 picks, we need to make it happen. QB is just to important to keep fucking around with it.

One of them MAY be available after No. 5 ... but I would have to agree that Detroit and K.C. are both likely to go QB, especially with the strong class of QBs that will be available.
As for how often, QBs went 1 and 2 in 93 and 98, so it has been a while, but since 93 the top pick has been a QB 9 times and 23 QBs have been taken in the top 10 ... so it is a popular position to be taken early.
If we are not picking in the top 10 we have to logically assume we have NO shot at one of the top two QBs.


1 will go in the top 5, which one remains to be seen(probably Stafford), the other will likely fall and it is just a matter of how far. We need to be aggressive and trade up to get the guy, it is just too big of hole. OT, and DE we can bandaid for a year.

Ranger
10-25-2008, 02:17 AM
"C" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


NFL DRAFT: Ranking the Top 10 QBs

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=863558

I have a feeling one of these will be on the team.


Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford or Chase Daniel... other than those guys, I'd rather trade for someone already in the league.


WAR BIG 12!!

I'll be honest, I'm biased as I'm a big 'ole Horns fan.
I think Colt McCoy is pretty excellent...he has great poise, an accurate arm and impressive mobility.
He's the team's leading rusher, something that tends to get glossed over, save for the OU game.

Speaking of that game, although Bradford had better statistics, who won?
McCoy really shouldered the burden of keeping up with that OU juggernaut offense and continually drove Texas down the field, answering those Sooners touchdowns, and eventually Hooked 'Em.

Daniel is a little to short/small, and is going to get passed over like Reesing from Kansas.
It's unfortunate because I think those guys are tremendous quarterbacks.
Hopefully they'll wind up like Garcia, proving everybody wrong.

Freeman from KSU would be a good long term project...hell, pretty much every quarterback in the Big 12 is worth a draft pick...some in the first round, some in the last, but this is probably the best quarterback draft class from one conference that I've ever seen.

Ranger
10-25-2008, 02:29 AM
I doubt that a quarterback will be the top overall pick this year.
I suspect one of these stud offensive linemen will go first...this seems to be a line-thick draft, which is good for us.
If we don't snag one of the top quarterbacks, we can get a top tackle without having to reach for the next tier of passers.
We have enough needs where picking up the best player available will work out just fine, so long as it's not a running back.

We need to address the quarterback, secondary, offensive line, and defensive tackle positions, so anything filling those slots will do us wonders.

MaxVike
10-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Very early.
I'm a 'Huskers fan and we are going through a transition from a shitty coach to a good one.
So, I've seen enough of these Big 12 quarterbacks than I'd like.


That said, I think the leadership ability tends to be discounted by fans.
Colt McCoy is a tough son-of-a-bitch.
The guy takes a beating and just comes back for more.
Accuracy, leadership, anticipation, vision, bit-time program...gotta love him.
The kid from Texas Tech, Graham Harrell, is underrated because of the "trickeration" offense, doesn't have the greatest arm, but, he makes up for it with his release and his anticipation.
Don't know how he will do next week vs Texas, but Harrell is one helluva player.
Chase Daniel, love his grit, his energy, his decision making, and his leadership - a swagger...are you ready for this PurpleNation?
He's a much better prospect than TJack ever was.


Cullen Harper is the top of the heap right now because of his arm strength, intelligence and leadership abilities.
He seems to be a favorite of the scouts.
Not a big fan of Curtis Painter, seems to get rattled...another guy the scouts like; they get around more than me.


Like Sam Bradford from Oklahoma alot, and would love to have him...he's a Top 5, potentially, a #1, draft pick.
Matthew Stafford, AB, Georgia, looks like a lock for top 10.

Who knows where we will end up...hopefully in the second half of the draft.
I like Chase Daniel in the second round, if possible...

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 12:22 PM
In the up coming weeks, I plan to create a thread for each of the elite college QB prospects to share the information I have seen and read about them. It's earlier but it's never too late too late to keep an eye on your favorite. Today's prospect? Graham Harrell, the Texan Killer( I'm a KState fan).

Graham Harrell
6-3
210 lbs.
Yr


G
Cmp
Att
Yards
C. Per
TDs
Ints
06

13
412

617
4,555
66.8%
38

11
07

12
468

644
5,298
72.6%
45

14
08

9

292

413
3621
70.7%
30

5

Pros: Pro size and arm strength. Top flight accuracy. Has put up multiple years of legitimate pro worthy stats. Buys time by moving in the pocket well. Pro mechanics.

Cons: Plays for TT, a school famous for producing QBs who put up incredible numbers and fail in the pros.
Not exceptionally fast but has some quickness. Potential system QB.

VKG4LFE
11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
I would love to nab herrell. I thought he was shorter than 6' 3" dang!

oaklandzoo24
11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Personally I would take any of the big 12 QBs as well as Tebow at this point.
I think they are all better than what our future holds so far with Booty.
I know there are alot of people who don't want Tebow to be a vikings because he isnt the prototypical NFL QB, but that said he is a winner.
"I want winners!!!"
;D

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Links to watch
http://www.draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=PlayerProfile2&id=906

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/Graham-Harrell.php

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 12:36 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I would love to nab herrell. I thought he was shorter than 6' 3" dang!



He may be. You know the stats college teams post are inflated. I wouldn't be surpise if he's 6'1

VKG4LFE
11-02-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Tebow, but he probably wouldn't look bad in the purple and gold. Like you said, you probably can't go wrong with a big 12 qb, however, I wonder if their stats are so padded because 90% of the teams in the big 12 have no defense!

oaklandzoo24
11-02-2008, 12:39 PM
That is true about the big 12 but i really like the position we are in moving forward (outside of this season anyway).
Over the next few years it looks like there could be alot of potentially great NFL QB's coming out of the NCAA.
It just turns out that finally the position of need that we have will be stacked in the draft, much unlike the WRs available when we took TW.
I just hope we can continue to produce a solid team at the other positions and then all we need is one of these QBs to pan out for us.
Im pretty excited.

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 12:42 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I'm not a huge fan of Tebow, but he probably wouldn't look bad in the purple and gold. Like you said, you probably can't go wrong with a big 12 qb, however, I wonder if their stats are so padded because 90% of the teams in the big 12 have no defense!


Can you say the same about the QBs in the Sec. Their teams are stacked with RBs and Wrs that make them look better.

erik5032
11-02-2008, 12:54 PM
personally i like McCoy...

oaklandzoo24
11-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I like all players named McCoy...especially LeSean.
Hell yea PITT ;D

PurpleMafia
11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I do like Harrell, but its hard to look passed all those interceptions!

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 02:37 PM
"PurpleMafia" wrote:


I do like Harrell, but its hard to look passed all those interceptions!


All what Ints?

PurpleMafia
11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
14 picks in 12 games last season.

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 02:58 PM
"PurpleMafia" wrote:


14 picks in 12 games last season.


As a junior? and did you ignore the the 70% completions and the 45tds.
Thats a 3 to 1 ratio?

PurpleMafia
11-02-2008, 03:33 PM
You're right. I didn't look into it that in depth. It just jumped out to me that he had at least a pick per game.

Mr Anderson
11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Interceptions?

713


That's how many pass attempts Harrell had last season... 713. 14 picks in 713 attempts, whiles still completing 72% of your passes. 5705 yards, 48 TDs

14 picks with those kind of numbers, especially when compared to the attempts, is actually pretty low.

keystonevike
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


In the up coming weeks, I plan to create a thread for each of the elite college QB prospects to share the information I have seen and read about them. It's earlier but it's never too late too late to keep an eye on your favorite. Today's prospect? Graham Harrell, the Texan Killer( I'm a KState fan).

Graham Harrell
6-3
210 lbs.
Yr


G

Cmp
Att

Yards
C. Per

TDs
Ints
06


13
412

617
4,555
66.8%

38

11
07


12
468

644
5,298
72.6%

45

14
08


9

292

413
3621

70.7%

30


5

Pros: Pro size and arm strength. Top flight accuracy. Has put up multiple years of legitimate pro worthy stats. Buys time by moving in the pocket well. Pro mechanics.

Cons: Plays for TT, a school famous for producing QBs who put up incredible numbers and fail in the pros.
Not exceptionally fast but has some quickness. Potential system QB.

I think Harrell would be a good pick-up if we would switch to more of a wide open passing attack kind of offense in which he seems to thrive.Personally, I would love to see us run that kind of offense to loosen up defenses and open up lanes for Peterson to run through all day. He's putting up great numbers with defenses playing the run first, if they had to really worry about the pass too, he'd be UNREAL.

Ranger
11-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Who plays the run first against Tech?!

kevoncox
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
"PurpleMafia" wrote:


You're right. I didn't look into it that in depth. It just jumped out to me that he had at least a pick per game.


I didnt think about it that way either
???

Mr Anderson
11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"PurpleMafia" wrote:


You're right. I didn't look into it that in depth. It just jumped out to me that he had at least a pick per game.


I didnt think about it that way either
???


And averaged 60 attempts per game.

A pick every 51 attempts.

So a pick about every other game in our system. I'll take 8 picks a year from a starting quarterback.

vikesfargo
11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Graham Harrell looks better than many pro quarterbacks right now.

Purple Floyd
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
If he can be anything close to Drew Brees I would take him, but I am not expecting to be picking early enough to get him and we have given up too many picks to trade up for him.

olson_10
11-02-2008, 09:45 PM
graham harrell = timmy chang/colt brennan

crabtree is the red raider id like to have on my team

vikesfargo
11-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Don't forget Colt Brennan. He's a stone-cold competitor. All he wants is to win. And he has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Purple Floyd
11-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I predict that within three years every college team will be running the KAO which will make it easier for us to bring in young QB's and have them productive the first year.

C Mac D
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:


Don't forget Colt Brennan. He's a stone-cold competitor. All he wants is to win. And he has a massive chip on his shoulder.


Definitely agree. Some other QBs we should go after are Troy Smith, Dennis Dixon, Matt Leinart (laugh if you want), or Brady Quinn... but I believe we tried that and they turned down the trade.

vikesfargo
11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe there should be a free agent or trade-for-a-quarterback thread. On Brady Quinn, I object. He choked at the NFL Draft when he went slightly lower than expected. He can't handle big-time pressure. Pass.

Purple Floyd
11-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I wonder if Randall Cunningham is still laying tile in Las Vegas. We could bring him back for one last shot. After all he did play for Philly so he certainly should pass the Chiller's most important criteria.

Randy Moss
11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Good point, we should probably see what Rodney Pete is up to as well.

Ranger
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
"olson_10" wrote:


graham harrell = timmy chang/colt brennan

crabtree is the red raider id like to have on my team



DING DING!
WE'VE GOT A WINNER, FOLKS!

tastywaves
11-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Yes, Crabtree is the best pro prospect from Tech.
Harrell is decent, but from the Big 12, I would go for Bradford and McCoy over him.
I would be surprised to see Harrell as a round 1 or 2 draft pick.

nephilimstorm
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Crabtree would be a solid number 1 pick

ThorSPL
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
"Nephilim" wrote:


Crabtree would be a solid number 1 pick


I can't imagine he'll last past the top 5-7 picks....

bleedpurple
11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
"ThorSPL" wrote:


"Nephilim" wrote:


Crabtree would be a solid number 1 pick


I can't imagine he'll last past the top 5-7 picks....


Yeah, crabtree is a BEAST!!.. he reminds me of Andre Johnson... I think Harrell is a better version of David Booty.... a lot better.... I wouldn't mind having him on our team... but i think from what i've seen he's a 2nd or third rounder... i don't know how strong of an arm he has.. i'll have to watch the Ok st. game next week to get a better read on his arm strength.. but he's extremely accurate....

V4L
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible

COJOMAY
11-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I think we'll go for Vick right after he's freed up!
LOL

bleedpurple
11-03-2008, 02:48 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!

V4L
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!



Yah that could be a problem

Some people can deal with it and some cant though

We will see in the future!! He is an interesting prospect

I suspect he will be a boom or bust guy

SamOchoCinco
11-03-2008, 03:04 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!


does the name doug flutie come to mind? ;)

V4L
11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
How about Drew Brees?

Both 6 foot on the dot

Some can make it work.. Some can't.. And some blame being bad on their height when clearly they just suck

Mr Anderson
11-03-2008, 03:08 PM
"SamOchoCinco" wrote:


"bleedpurple" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!


does the name doug flutie come to mind? ;)

He's not that short.

I would have went with Drew Brees.

SamOchoCinco
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"SamOchoCinco" wrote:


"bleedpurple" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!


does the name doug flutie come to mind? ;)

He's not that short.

I would have went with Drew Brees.


what about jeff garcia?

bleedpurple
11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"SamOchoCinco" wrote:


"bleedpurple" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!


does the name doug flutie come to mind? ;)

He's not that short.

I would have went with Drew Brees.


I think those guys are exceptions.. obviously i think he's an amazing QB but i also think if he were a few inches taller he'd be a lot better prospect and will probably go higher in the draft if he was...
Let's not forget how scouts dissect players almost to a fault

Mr Anderson
11-03-2008, 03:17 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


"SamOchoCinco" wrote:


"bleedpurple" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Harrell is precision!

If he was on this team some how I would be happy

I don't think he will emerage as a great QB.. but a very solid starter and someone who won't lose you too many games

But I would rather go somewhere else like Bradford or Daniels if at all possible





I think Chase is too short for the NFL.. good QB just very short.. may not be able to see over the O-line!


does the name doug flutie come to mind? ;)

He's not that short.

I would have went with Drew Brees.


I think those guys are exceptions.. obviously i think he's an amazing QB but i also think if he were a few inches taller he'd be a lot better prospect and will probably go higher in the draft if he was...
Let's not forget how scouts dissect players almost to a fault

I think you're absolutely right, just a little much too compare him to Flutie lol.

keystonevike
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
"Ranger" wrote:


Who plays the run first against Tech?!

I meant PETERSON is putting up the good numbers against defenses playing the run first. Sorry. My fault. I think a QB like Harrell in a wide open offense would get Peterson into space where he could run all day.

SharperImage42
11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
knowing our organaziation well draft Kevin Craft from UCLA in the 2nd round(trade up for him) and groom him, while Booty is waiting behind him.

Purple Floyd
11-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Gus has a few more seasons in him so I am not in a big hurry to go out and get anybody. For all we know booty may develop into the Qb we have for the next 10 years.

singersp
11-03-2008, 07:20 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Gus has a few more seasons in him so I am not in a big hurry to go out and get anybody. For all we know booty may develop into the Qb we have for the next 10 years.


Not with hands smaller than Culpepper's he won't. At least not without having fumblitis. We'll see Jackson starting again before Booty get's his shot.

Either way, for anyone thinking we'll draft a QB & he'll start next year, you might as well put down the crack pipe right now.

Purple Floyd
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Gus has a few more seasons in him so I am not in a big hurry to go out and get anybody. For all we know booty may develop into the Qb we have for the next 10 years.


Not with hands smaller than Culpepper's he won't. At least not without having fumblitis. We'll see Jackson starting again before Booty get's his shot.

Either way, for anyone thinking we'll draft a QB & he'll start next year, you might as well put down the crack pipe right now.


Maybe he will have them stretched in the offseason.

Jackson is done. Stick a fork in him

Tad7
11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Byron Leftwich


We could've picked him when we decided to not take anybody. It's destiny.

tastywaves
11-04-2008, 08:53 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Gus has a few more seasons in him so I am not in a big hurry to go out and get anybody. For all we know booty may develop into the Qb we have for the next 10 years.


Not with hands smaller than Culpepper's he won't. At least not without having fumblitis. We'll see Jackson starting again before Booty get's his shot.

Either way, for anyone thinking we'll draft a QB & he'll start next year, you might as well put down the crack pipe right now.


Maybe he will have them stretched in the offseason.

Jackson is done. Stick a fork in him


Does he smell like cabbage?

nephilimstorm
11-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Sorry to say, but I do not even think Ownership would want TJack starting again ;D

SIUviking
11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I have always liked Leftwitch, strong arm, and now in pretty good shape. Of course I am suprised Anderson hasn't popped back up on this forum now that he is benched. I bet we could get him at a good deal now.

kevoncox
11-04-2008, 11:51 AM
"SIUviking" wrote:


I have always liked Leftwitch, strong arm, and now in pretty good shape. Of course I am suprised Anderson hasn't popped back up on this forum now that he is benched. I bet we could get him at a good deal now.


No to anderson
Yes to Leftwich. I said we should have signed him

V4L
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"SIUviking" wrote:


I have always liked Leftwitch, strong arm, and now in pretty good shape. Of course I am suprised Anderson hasn't popped back up on this forum now that he is benched. I bet we could get him at a good deal now.


No to anderson
Yes to Leftwich. I said we should have signed him




Leftwich is garbage

He can't throw

Vikeman
11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:


"RussianNorman" wrote:


Is there any chance to see this player in Vikings uniform?


How about this QB?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh23/IanROX22/Rex-Grossman.png

Some Film on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwKYIcvjQw&feature=related

Note: at the 1:56 mark...brutal..LoL!


Mayber Rex just needs a change of scenery. I am not against looking at him. He did take the Bears to a Super Bowl.
:-\


The 2006 Bears went to the SB in spite of Rex--they got their with defense!

C Mac D
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure this guy is gonna be in purple next year...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2007/12/anderson.JPG

Zeus
11-04-2008, 02:19 PM
"C" wrote:


Pretty sure this guy is gonna be in purple next year...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2007/12/anderson.JPG


Not a chance.

=Z=

C Mac D
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


Not a chance.

=Z=


Why not?

To quote a (once) smart man, please offer some opinions behind your post and not simply arguments with no substance behind them. And if I did the whole "smiley" face thing... I'd put a couple here.

Zeus
11-04-2008, 02:25 PM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Not a chance.


Why not?

To quote a (once) smart man, please offer some opinions behind your post and not simply arguments with no substance behind them. And if I did the whole "smiley" face thing... I'd put a couple here.


Because I don't believe the Browns will trade Anderson, even if Quinn becomes the full-time starter over the rest of the season.
If there's one thing that this season has shown, it's that you need two QBs on your roster.

=Z=

C Mac D
11-04-2008, 02:28 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Not a chance.


Why not?

To quote a (once) smart man, please offer some opinions behind your post and not simply arguments with no substance behind them. And if I did the whole "smiley" face thing... I'd put a couple here.


Because I don't believe the Browns will trade Anderson, even if Quinn becomes the full-time starter over the rest of the season.
If there's one thing that this season has shown, it's that you need two QBs on your roster.

=Z=


I think if they got an "Offer they can't refuse," then they'd part ways with him.

Not that I'm a big Anderson fan, but I wouldn't mind him here. I don't know if I'd want to give up much more than a 3rd.... maybe 2nd rounder though... which the Browns would laugh at.

jmcdon00
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Tjack will start week 1 next year. Write it down.

Braddock
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Pretty sure this guy is gonna be in purple next year...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2007/12/anderson.JPG


Not a chance.

=Z=


Hope not...... He never really did anything for me.

V-Unit
11-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Anderson is no better than Frerotte. He only has youth (25 vs 37).

We would basically be using a short term fix while Booty develops. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt we offer more than a 3rd rounder, and we shouldn't.

It would be interesting to see what Anderson does with a dominant running game.

C Mac D
11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
"V" wrote:


Anderson is no better than Frerotte. He only has youth (25 vs 37).

We would basically be using a short term fix while Booty develops. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt we offer more than a 3rd rounder, and we shouldn't.

It would be interesting to see what Anderson does with a dominant running game.


And a receiver that can catch... Edwards has been awful this year. I think Anderson has got a lot of undeserved blame for that.

Mr all i do is catch tds
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Give me Stafford.
He has the size and head to be a good pro QB.
What's nice is he plays in a system very similar to ours and it is based around a great RB.
He knows his place and how to use his talents within teh system.
I think he would be a lot like Ryan, and could play right for teh start if he needed to.


The sad thing about that is that we [table][tr][td]should[table][tr][td] have a team that could foster a rookie QB.
Strong line, strong running game, at least average receivers.
Ryan isnt a spectacular QB yet, but that team allows him to do just enough to win games and thats all we would have to do.


I think Stafford is going to go quickly when he enters teh draft which probably wont be this year.
But that means we have another year to see whats out there and hten possible makin ga move for him.

C Mac D
11-04-2008, 04:26 PM
"Mr" wrote:


Give me Stafford.
He has the size and head to be a good pro QB.
What's nice is he plays in a system very similar to ours and it is based around a great RB.
He knows his place and how to use his talents within teh system.
I think he would be a lot like Ryan, and could play right for teh start if he needed to.


The sad thing about that is that we [table][tr][td]should[table][tr][td] have a team that could foster a rookie QB.
Strong line, strong running game, at least average receivers.
Ryan isnt a spectacular QB yet, but that team allows him to do just enough to win games and thats all we would have to do.


I think Stafford is going to go quickly when he enters teh draft which probably wont be this year.
But that means we have another year to see whats out there and hten possible makin ga move for him.


Sigh....

Third year with Childress and we're still discussing who will be the QB next year.

SOS... different day.

kevoncox
11-04-2008, 04:27 PM
I am one of DAs biggest critics but he played solid on a team that was going no where. In fact in his last 3 games he has a 6- 1 td to int ratio. The int not being his fault either. Sad! I wouldn't sell the farm for him but a 3rd rounder would be acceptable.

Da isnt Ferotte, DA has a lot more mobility and is a bit more of a gun slinger.
I don't think he is a consistant Pro Bowl QB but he is an upgrade over Ferotte, who is playing great.

Mr Anderson
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Next QB: DerekErik Anderson.

APAD
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Not a chance.


Why not?

To quote a (once) smart man, please offer some opinions behind your post and not simply arguments with no substance behind them. And if I did the whole "smiley" face thing... I'd put a couple here.


Because I don't believe the Browns will trade Anderson, even if Quinn becomes the full-time starter over the rest of the season.
If there's one thing that this season has shown, it's that you need two QBs on your roster.

=Z=


There is no way the Browns are paying Derek Anderson 8 million bucks to sit on the bench.
IMO Derek Anderson would be the Vikinsg best option.
I do not think I could stand watching the Vikings spend another 2 years developing a rookie quarterback.
We are ready to win now, a rookie does us no good.

PackSux!
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
"APAD" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Not a chance.


Why not?

To quote a (once) smart man, please offer some opinions behind your post and not simply arguments with no substance behind them. And if I did the whole "smiley" face thing... I'd put a couple here.


Because I don't believe the Browns will trade Anderson, even if Quinn becomes the full-time starter over the rest of the season.
If there's one thing that this season has shown, it's that you need two QBs on your roster.

=Z=


There is no way the Browns are paying Derek Anderson 8 million bucks to sit on the bench.
IMO Derek Anderson would be the Vikinsg best option.
I do not think I could stand watching the Vikings spend another 2 years developing a rookie quarterback.
We are ready to win now, a rookie does us no good.




All depends on the rookie.
Matt Ryan is playing pretty damn well for a rookie.

Purple Floyd
11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
"Mr" wrote:


Next QB: DerekErik Anderson.




Now that is funny stuff there.

MaxVike
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
"pack93z" wrote:


The thing that may drop his ranking is that he doesn't have the "wow" arm.. Stafford has it.. so that may make Bradford slide a little.. I think Bradford will be the better overall QB at the next level.

Smart and accurate..


AND a competitor!
Like the sig!

Braddock
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
"pack93z" wrote:


The thing that may drop his ranking is that he doesn't have the "wow" arm.. Stafford has it.. so that may make Bradford slide a little.. I think Bradford will be the better overall QB at the next level.

Smart and accurate..


Sweet.... Brad Johnson all over again.

APAD
11-08-2008, 06:14 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:


"APAD" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


Not a chance.


Why not?

To quote a (once) smart man, please offer some opinions behind your post and not simply arguments with no substance behind them. And if I did the whole "smiley" face thing... I'd put a couple here.


Because I don't believe the Browns will trade Anderson, even if Quinn becomes the full-time starter over the rest of the season.
If there's one thing that this season has shown, it's that you need two QBs on your roster.

=Z=


There is no way the Browns are paying Derek Anderson 8 million bucks to sit on the bench.
IMO Derek Anderson would be the Vikinsg best option.
I do not think I could stand watching the Vikings spend another 2 years developing a rookie quarterback.
We are ready to win now, a rookie does us no good.




All depends on the rookie.

Matt Ryan is playing pretty gol 'darnit well for a rookie.



I agree, Matt Ryan looks pretty good in his rookie season.
However, that doesn't mean anything when looking at prospects for next year and is extremely rare at best.
I think Derek Anderson is going to be in purple next year, we'll even give him #3

jmcdon00
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm not totally sold on Anderson. He had one good year and followed it up with a bad one(under 50% completions). Also the Browns have a lot more weapons around him with Winslow and Edwards and a great pass protecting line. Did you see Quinn the other night, no one touched him all game.

hailtocarter
11-08-2008, 07:19 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


I'm not totally sold on Anderson. He had one good year and followed it up with a bad one(under 50% completions). Also the Browns have a lot more weapons around him with Winslow and Edwards and a great pass protecting line. Did you see Quinn the other night, no one touched him all game.


They were playing a very bad defense so that may not be a great sample...