PDA

View Full Version : Zobel's latest '09 mock

Capital_J
10-22-2008, 11:23 PM
http://draftheadquarters.com/index.php/2009-Mock-Draft-NFL-Mock-Draft-Shawn-Zobel%27s-Mock-Draft/Home/cat_id/34611

midgensa
10-23-2008, 12:23 AM
I would not totally hate getting Bradford. He looks like he has all the tools to make it at the next level.
I don't think he is a lock for the first round, but it could be a weak class ... so he might come out and then wow the scouts. I would be for this if we have not shot at Stafford.

V-Unit
10-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I seriously doubt that Bradford will declare.

DustinDupont
10-23-2008, 01:08 AM
i want crabtree!!!

Marrdro
10-23-2008, 06:29 AM
I like mocks like this even though I don't agree with things like all the RB's going that high.
It gives guys that don't follow college football some insight into the top players as they stand right now.

As to the QB pick by the Vikes, I like the Sanchez comment.
That would fall right in line with who I want to be our next HC.
;D

Prophet
10-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Mocking a mock during the bye week is almost as much fun as mocking mocks during the offseason.

Mr-holland
10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
it's bogus.
What if we win every game from now on?

Marrdro
10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

Historically, this staff seems to keep picking them. Odds are we will still be looking to the draft for a QB at some point though regardless of what position we pick in.

Prophet
10-23-2008, 09:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

Historically, this staff seems to keep picking them. Odds are we will still be looking to the draft for a QB at some point though regardless of what position we pick in.

History also shows that mock drafts are a waste of life even when they are made within a week of the draft.
One that is made <1/2 through the season holds as much credibility as the correlation between the size of my dump this morning and the industrial averages today.

Mr-holland
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

History also shows that mock drafts are a waste of life even when they are made within a week of the draft.
One that is made <1/2 through the season holds as much credibility as the correlation between the size of my dump this morning and the industrial averages today.

LMAO, Thanks! it's what i meant but you just know how to make a point

Marrdro
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

You love mocking the mock don't ya.
I enjoy making them but I do like some of your mocks of those mocks.

Kindof cracks me up.
;D

marstc09
10-23-2008, 09:04 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

What if we lose every game from now on?

marstc09
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Well we know we need an OT, QB, and CB.

SamOchoCinco
10-23-2008, 10:10 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

i agree. we should draft that one cornerback that everyone says is like champ bailey

gregair13
10-23-2008, 10:21 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

I tend to think that my poop is important to the american economy.

marstc09
10-24-2008, 12:13 AM
"SamOchoCinco" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

i agree. we should draft that one cornerback that everyone says is like champ bailey

I wish we could get Jenkins

Marrdro
10-24-2008, 08:27 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

OT - Left or right?
QB - I agree, however, I think they should take one almost every draft as this position needs to be continually addressed or you wind up in the mess we are in.
CB - Only if we shift from a Cover 2 scheme to a team that employs its CB's in more of a traditional press coverage way.
If that happens we need to take more than one or will have to address this via FA to eliminate having a bunch of rooks on the field again.

Other positions of concern for me:

WR - El Syd worries me.
If a red zone threat type of guy falls to us we should get him.
MLB - EJ is awesome but as we saw, if he goes down we don't have a MLB standing in the wings at some form of readiness.
Wouldn't mind seeing them take a MLB someplace even if he is a developmental guy.
S - STJ is a nice addition but M-will and his health issues seem to be a reality.
No one on the bench looks inviting.
Where would we be this year without Sharp?
Another stud here would be nice.

One thing to remember, regardless of what most of us think about one player or another, as with last year, the rooks will have a hard time cracking this roster.
Lets hope the scouts/Spielman do their homework and don't waste a pick.

soonerbornNbred
10-24-2008, 08:59 AM
As far as Bradford going to the Vikes it would kill me a sooner fan to see the Vikes get another SoonerStud until the Coaching staff changes

Sams holds the NCAA record for touchdown passes by a freshman with 36. Hes 6'4 214 deadly accurate, so far this season already has 26 TDs in 7 games 71% completion rate and 5 int....2520 yards in 7 games

But havin Marrdo crack on another Sooner is more than I can take

AngloVike
10-24-2008, 10:28 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

One thing to remember, regardless of what most of us think about one player or another, as with last year, the rooks will have a hard time cracking this roster.

you mean it won't be down to the Triangle of Authority???

Heresy !!! burn the unbeliever.... http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/violent/027.gif

Physio-Impossibility70
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

QB - I agree, however, I think they should take one almost every draft as this position needs to be continually addressed or you wind up in the mess we are in.

Thank you!

It should also be noted the tremendous trade value for a team that has an additional starting QB.

"Marrdro" wrote:

I agree with your concerns, but, IMO, the first round pick should be used to improve the trenches.

My first preference would be a stud DE and second would be an O-Line upgrade...October and we're talking draft... :'(

Mr-holland
10-24-2008, 10:34 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

it's bogus.

What if we lose every game from now on?

that would prove my point that mocks in the middle of the season are worth noting.

Marrdro
10-24-2008, 11:25 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

As far as Bradford going to the Vikes he would kill me a sooner fan to see the Vikes get another SoonerStud until the Coaching staff changes

Sams holds the NCAA record for touchdown passes by a freshman with 36. Hes 6'4 214 deadly accurate, so far this season already has 26 TDs in 7 games 71% completion rate and 5 int....2520 yards in 7 games

But havin Marrdo crack on another Sooner is more than I can take

Do you think I have something against Sooners or something?
I don't, in fact I dont' even watch college football my friend.

Again, I am a fair and balanced critiquerrrrrrerere.
I crack on every player that messes up regardless of his collegiate affiliation.

Marrdro
10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
"Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Thank you!

It should also be noted the tremendous trade value for a team that has an additional starting QB.

"Marrdro" wrote:

I agree with your concerns, but, IMO, the first round pick should be used to improve the trenches.

My first preference would be a stud DE and second would be an O-Line upgrade...October and we're talking draft... :'(

I will reserve the right to place the order of need depending on what the staff does during the FA period, however, I would agree that O-line (Center/LT) should be right up there.

Marrdro
10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

you mean it won't be down to the Triangle of Authority???

Heresy !!! burn the unbeliever.... http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/violent/027.gif

I am going on the assumption that the Triad will be gone and we will have a real GM in place.
Of course that assumption is based on the perception that the Wilfs will shake up things at the top.

AngloVike
10-24-2008, 11:38 AM
"Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Thank you!

"Marrdro" wrote:

depending on where we pick I'd rather go for the OL option before we get another DL player - thats assuming the HC ( whoever that may be next year ) is happy with or has acquired the QB that he wants via FA.
Then look for a WR in the second round - but we shall see.

Physio-Impossibility70
10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I will reserve the right to place the order of need depending on what the staff does during the FA period,

It seems a reasonable request considering it's draft discussion in October.
;)

"Marrdro" wrote:

however, I would agree that O-line (Center/LT) should be right up there.

You'll get NO argument from me. The frustration from watching one of the DEs constantly neutralized by 1 blocker prompted me to mention DE.

Ranger
10-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Marrdro, even with a Cover-2 you can't have too many cornerbacks.
As far as I'm concerned, you can't have too many linemen, either.

Capital_J
11-12-2008, 11:02 PM
http://draftheadquarters.com/index.php/2009-Mock-Draft-NFL-Mock-Draft-Shawn-Zobel%2527s-Mock-Draft/Home/cat_id/34611

goin with OL

packerbasher
11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
The biggest need by far is QB,that has to be taken care of before anyother postion weather in FA or the draft.If we get one in FA then our next biggest concern is either CB or WR.

marstc09
11-13-2008, 12:46 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

OT - Left or right?
CB - Only if we shift from a Cover 2 scheme to a team that employs its CB's in more of a traditional press coverage way.
If that happens we need to take more than one or will have to address this via FA to eliminate having a bunch of rooks on the field again.

WR - El Syd worries me.
MLB - EJ is awesome but as we saw, if he goes down we don't have a MLB standing in the wings at some form of readiness.
Wouldn't mind seeing them take a MLB someplace even if he is a developmental guy.
S - STJ is a nice addition but M-will and his health issues seem to be a reality.

OT - Do you even need to ask? I like Mac. Cook is garbage.
QB - Main concern!
CB - I agree and would rather see a FA here
WR -
??? Rice is a red zone threat. 5 catches and 3 TDs! I said it in the beginning of the year and I will say it now. I love our group.
MLB - What is wrong with Harris. I am not sure why we ever got rid of him.
S - Sharper will get an extension.

Marrdro
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

OT - Left or right?

WR - El Syd worries me.

QB - Main concern!
WR -
??? Rice is a red zone threat. 5 catches and 3 TDs! I said it in the beginning of the year and I will say it now. I love our group.

I like Rice.
Problem is its been hard to like him on the bench.
He should be out there exposing the middle of the field instead of just a few catches in the red zone my friend.
If he is healthy and on the field, I really do like our WR corps.
If he isn't on the field we have a whole because of a missing piece.

I now also think they should seriously look at burning a pick on a K.
Shortwell is becoming a liability instead of an assest.

I think they should combine a few picks, move up and get the best QB, get a K and add a OL guy at C or LT.

gamecocksbaseball31
11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

OT - Left or right?

WR - El Syd worries me.

QB - Main concern!
WR -

I like Rice.
Problem is its been hard to like him on the bench.
He should be out there exposing the middle of the field instead of just a few catches in the red zone my friend.
If he is healthy and on the field, I really do like our WR corps.
If he isn't on the field we have a whole because of a missing piece.

I now also think they should seriously look at burning a pick on a K.
Shortwell is becoming a liability instead of an assest.

I think they should combine a few picks, move up and get the best QB, get a K and add a OL guy at C or LT.

So his 54 yarder was a liability?
Hmm... Yes he did miss a FG, but everyone has his days.
He is still leading the league in points I believe...
Anyways, we did have a kicker in training camp who could have been our guy, Haushka (sp) but I saw that he is now kicking in Baltimore...
Hit a few FG's the other week and looked pretty good...

Randy Moss
11-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of sick of having one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the NFL as well.
It also bothers me that he has always comes through in the clutch too.
We NEED to draft an unproven rookie, especially since it's so hard to find a kicker in free agency.