PDA

View Full Version : Berrien Out For Sunday Against Chicago ??????????????

PsychoViking
10-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I saw last night on either ESPN News or NFL Channels crawl line that Bernard is listed as out for sunday.
W.T.F. is this all about ??.....I knew he was originally listed as questionable for the game with his nagging injuries, but now he is said to be completly out for the game.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Damn Childress.
Fire his ass.
Can't keep his best players on the field.

Tad7
10-18-2008, 08:39 AM
I still haven't heard anything or found anything besides questionable

marstc09
10-18-2008, 08:40 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Damn Childress.
Fire his ass.

You and ejmat are the ones saying we are blaming Childress for everything. That is far from the truth.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 08:43 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

You and ejmat are the ones saying we are blaming Childress for everything. That is far from the truth.

My lame assed attempt at humor again my friend.
One of these times I might actually get it right.
;D
;D
;D

jdvike
10-18-2008, 08:44 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Damn Childress.
Fire his ass.

I think he was(I might be wrong) mocking the fire Chilly crowd.

jdvike
10-18-2008, 08:44 AM
I was right and late lol

marstc09
10-18-2008, 08:46 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Maybe we should have kept 6 WRs on the roster eh Marr? Who was the guy who kept saying that. Now it is impossible to run a 4 WR set. The only TD we got against Detroit came from that formation. Oh by the way we did not see it the rest of the game. But I guess that is the players fault.
::) ;D

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 08:52 AM
"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

Hey, someone got my joke.
Maybe I don't suck at humor as bad as I think.
;D

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 08:53 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Maybe we should have kept 6 WRs on the roster eh Marr? Who was the guy who kept saying that. Now it is impossible to run a 4 WR set. The only TD we got against Detroit came from that formation. Oh by the way we did not see it the rest of the game. But I guess that is the players fault.

You could be correct however, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we keep an extra LB or something like that on the D front 7?

Tough call.

ultravikingfan
10-18-2008, 08:56 AM
He is still listed as "Questionable."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/injuries?team=MIN

jdvike
10-18-2008, 08:57 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D

That should put me up on the ol spread sheet...how high you put me will determine if I say your humor sucks or not
;)
;D

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 09:00 AM
"jdvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D

That should put me up on the ol spread sheet...how high you put me will determine if I say your humor sucks or not
;)
;D

I don't have the spreedsheet on this computer in the comm closet.
I will check your standing and make the appropriate adjustment the next time I log onto my desk computer.
;D

jdvike
10-18-2008, 09:07 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D

;)
;D

I don't have the spreedsheet on this computer in the comm closet.
I will check your standing and make the appropriate adjustment the next time I log onto my desk computer.
;D

That sounds like a "likely story" so for now I'll say your humor is....so so
;)

Back on the thread topic...it seems BB is catching Riceitis.,
Syd is always hurt, and it looks like its rubbing off on Bernard...dumb theory but this is the place for dumb theories.

marstc09
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

You could be correct however, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we keep an extra LB or something like that on the D front 7?

Tough call.

I don't know how tough it would be. Look at our offense last year. Wouldn't we want to focus on that? Again now how do we run a 4 WR set that got us a TD against the Lions? I sure hope he is questionable and plays.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 09:17 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Tough call.

I don't know how tough it would be. Look at our offense last year. Wouldn't we want to focus on that? Again now how do we run a 4 WR set that got us a TD against the Lions? I sure hope he is questionable and plays.

We just went out and signed 2 LB'rs.
Imagine how many we would have to sign if we didn't keep a extra one this year?
;D

marstc09
10-18-2008, 09:30 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Tough call.

;D

Wouldn't it be the same amount since we lost EJ and Herron and they were are only MLBs?

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Tough call.

;D

Wouldn't it be the same amount since we lost EJ and Herron and they were are only MLBs?

That is a very valid point.
Problem is those losses compound/takes away from reps on the ST's.

Nope, we still have WR's we can run out there, we just need to activate one from the PS if Rice isn't ever gonna play again.

That my friends, is a legitimate beeeeyyyyyyatch towards the Chiller making bad decisions.

marstc09
10-18-2008, 09:39 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Tough call.

;D

Nope, we still have WR's we can run out there, we just need to activate one from the PS if Rice isn't ever gonna play again.

That my friends, is a legitimate beeeeyyyyyyatch towards the Chiller making bad decisions.

I have another for you. How about we should have kept 6 WRs and had Martin Nance. Yet we are stuck with Jaymar who is not NFL ready.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 09:42 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Tough call.

;D

I have another for you. How about we should have kept 6 WRs and had Martin Nance. Yet we are stuck with Jaymar who is not NFL ready.

I could go with that one as well but not with the 6 WR's.

I wonder how JJ would do though?
There were a plethora of those cats that came out this year and a couple of them are starting to put up decent numbers.

duvaldomo
10-18-2008, 09:46 AM
He better play, I got him on my FF. and this is a must win for us, not really but will put us in a good position

SamOchoCinco
10-18-2008, 09:48 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D
;D
;D

Tough call.

;D

personally i havent seen martin play before.

but i wouldnt say he isnt NFL ready. look at eddie royal for the denver broncos. im sure thats what people said about him before he went out and torched the raiders.

mountainviking
You know...watching those ticker tapes on the bottom of the screen can be misleading.
You blink for half a second, and you miss something important like the switch from "Out" players to "Questionable" players...I know, cuz I was surprised a few times watching that crap at work when time allowed and finding out later, I hadn't caught the whole story.

The quotes I saw from BB seemed to point toward him expecting to play, and that he was looking forward to it.

We could still split Shank, Mills, Kleiny or, OMG, how about AP out as a 4th WR!!!!!
;)

Marrdro
"duvaldomo" wrote:

He better play, I got him on my FF. and this is a must win for us, not really but will put us in a good position

My fantasy teams are so hosed...... :'(
:'(

I should just stick to college basketball brackets.
Easier to be lucky in them.
;D

SamOchoCinco
10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"duvaldomo" wrote:

;D

you poor man.

i am undefeated so far in one of my leagues :P

6-0
otherwise my other teams are awful. 2 are 3-3, and one is 2-4

marstc09
10-18-2008, 09:51 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"duvaldomo" wrote:

;D

Brett Favre is a must start this week by the way.
;) ;D

duvaldomo
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I am 4-2 but am on a 4 win streak. I got the 1st difficulty schedule so we have to toughen up. I am leading the league in scores forced and allowed

Formo
10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
To Marstc and Marrdro:

Why would Chilly have more than 2 TEs and 2 FBs?
Sorry..
but that's my beef.
I don't care what offense he's running in the NFL, this isn't the wishbone.
SRSSLY.
That is what pisses me off.

And I've only seen Berrian listed as questionable.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 11:33 AM
"Formo" wrote:

To Marstc and Marrdro:

Sorry..
but that's my beef.
SRSSLY.

How the hell do I know my friend.
I keep asking but he won't tell me.

;D

If I were to guess I would say its because of how our scheme is designed more around the shorter stuff as apposed to relying on a deep threat all the times thus the need for the likes of H-back/TE's who are predominantly blockers first and pass catchers second.

When/if a team runs a scheme like that, they can eat up some players because of how many hits they get/give.

whackthepack
10-18-2008, 12:40 PM
I haven't heard that he is out for the game and I heard an interview with him yesterday about going back to Chicago.

Anyboyd have further info about his status?

marstc09
10-18-2008, 01:08 PM
"Formo" wrote:

To Marstc and Marrdro:

Sorry..
but that's my beef.
SRSSLY.

Here is the answer to your question IMO.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48482.msg854183#msg854183

He needs more blockers to make up for what I discussed in the link provided.

ejmat
10-18-2008, 01:58 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D

I got it Marr but I don't think I count in this situation
;D

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 02:04 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D

;D

You always count in my book.
To prove that, here is an official......

"You crack me up my friend"..... ;D

ejmat
10-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I did see he was listed as out on the NFL Network ticker.
However, everything else I have seen have him listed as questionable.
Hopefully he is in.
I also have him on my fantasy team and I am already screwed this week becasue of bye weeks.
Michael Turner has a bye and I am scrambling to find a RB.
I ended up picking up Kenny Watson and Colby Smith.
Right now I have Duece McCallister slated to start but he's going against Carolina.
I don't know what to do here.
I just have to hope Tomlinson has a big game to make up for it.

gamecocksbaseball31
10-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Or how about lining our best player right now out there as the 4th WR... Antoine Winfield anybody? haha he would dominate LB's and dime corners trying to cover him....

As for the Jaymar/Nance topic, I was one who was saying keep Jaymar and let Nance go.
Nance obviously hasn't proved that he is the dominant threat that some of you make him out to be, since he hasn't been picked up by anybody.
I like Martin a lot but I just think you guys are all making him out to be much more than he is.
He did have a big game in preseason but the TD he caught shouldn't have been a TD.
Anyways, Jaymar will improve and he will have an impact on this team in the upcoming years.. (hopefully)

ejmat
10-18-2008, 02:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

gol 'darnit Childress.
Fire his jiggly butt.

;D

;D

You always count in my book.
To prove that, here is an official......

"You crack me up my friend"..... ;D

I am honored kind Sir.
;D
Now Fire Childress darn it!

Derek Rick
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
He will play.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:

Or how about lining our best player right now out there as the 4th WR... Antoine Winfield anybody? haha he would dominate LB's and dime corners trying to cover him....

As for the Jaymar/Nance topic, I was one who was saying keep Jaymar and let Nance go.
Nance obviously hasn't proved that he is the dominant threat that some of you make him out to be, since he hasn't been picked up by anybody.
I like Martin a lot but I just think you guys are all making him out to be much more than he is.
He did have a big game in preseason but the TD he caught shouldn't have been a TD.
Anyways, Jaymar will improve and he will have an impact on this team in the upcoming years.. (hopefully)

Very nice post my friend.
The idea of AW out there on the wing would be interesting, however, I wouldn't go that way for one big reason.
I am of the school that says CB are nothing more than WR's that can't catch.

We had enough of that with T-will.
;D

GreenBaySlackers
10-18-2008, 02:55 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

The idea of AW out there on the wing would be interesting, however, I wouldn't go that way for one big reason.

;D

Maybe we should have moved Williamson to Corner then...

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 03:16 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Maybe we should have moved Williamson to Corner then...

Damn, I just spit coffee all over this monitor.

Well played sir.
Well played indeed.
;D

El Vikingo
10-18-2008, 06:29 PM
[]

Purple Floyd
10-18-2008, 06:36 PM
[]

i_bleed_purple
10-18-2008, 06:38 PM
[]

nephilimstorm
10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
[]

NodakPaul
10-18-2008, 08:00 PM
[]

singersp
10-18-2008, 08:29 PM
[]

Marrdro
10-19-2008, 05:30 AM
[]

ejmat
10-20-2008, 08:12 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

I did see he was listed as out on the NFL Network ticker.
However, everything else I have seen have him listed as questionable.
Hopefully he is in.
I also have him on my fantasy team and I am already screwed this week becasue of bye weeks.
Michael Turner has a bye and I am scrambling to find a RB.
I ended up picking up Kenny Watson and Colby Smith.
Right now I have Duece McCallister slated to start but he's going against Carolina.
I don't know what to do here.
I just have to hope Tomlinson has a big game to make up for it.

He is listed as Questionable, not Out on the official report.
http://www.nfl.com/injuries

And as of midnight last night, Access Vikings had him listed as the same.
I have yet to see anything that says he is officially out. I guess it wouldn't surprise me, especially given the fact that Rice will likely be in, but until I hear the official word, I don't believe it.
I don't think Berrian wants to miss his return game to Chicago.

Thanks NP.
I'm glad to see he played.
I was watching the ticker for further detail and once again I saw he was listed as out yet when they were talking about key actives he was listed as in.
Had to be a mistake with the ticker.