PDA

View Full Version : Tapeh had surgery in Frebruary but didn't disclose it to the Vikings!

NodakPaul
10-13-2008, 06:05 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/13/vikes-got-snookered-by-tapeh/

...Tapeh had knee surgery in February, and didn’t disclose it to the Vikings.

“I think his knee bothered him a little bit when he came in here,” coach Brad Childress said Monday, “and I’m finding out now that he did have an offseason cleanup in February, which I wish he would have shared with us.”

Wow.

Purple Floyd
10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
he didn't think it would be an issue? ???

Zeus
10-13-2008, 06:07 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/13/vikes-got-snookered-by-tapeh/

...Tapeh had knee surgery in February, and didn’t disclose it to the Vikings.

“I think his knee bothered him a little bit when he came in here,” coach Brad Childress said Monday, “and I’m finding out now that he did have an offseason cleanup in February, which I wish he would have shared with us.”

Wow.

Hmmmm....wonder when the Vikings found out.
Maybe after Game 1?

=Z=

NodakPaul
10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I assume (Ass. U. Me. I know) that this is the reason that he has been a healthy scratch for most of the season.
I am hoping that he got the picture, and we will start to see him back on the active roster shortly...

tgorsegner
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
And, actually, that’s one coach’s decision from Childress with which we can agree.

My favorite line.... its just too funny.

peterson-rox28
10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
its funny how ever since tony richardson left the vikings peterson hasn't been the same.
maybe we should of given him the money he wanted instead of having tahi block for our elite running back.

NodakPaul
10-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Losing Richardson had nothing to do with money, and he left the Vikings on good terms.
He is a great FB, but simply wasn't used to his ability here.
As far as keeping him for a blocker, keep in mind that most of AD's big runs came from the single back formation last year.

Anyway, we didn't intend on replacing him with Tahi.
We intended on replacing him with Tapeh.
But apparently we didn't know the whole story with Tapeh...
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48512.msg851936;topicseen#new

PackSux!
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I was listening to the powertrip morning show on the way to work and Mike Morris brought up that it could be a combo of things.
First he thought that Peterson could be a little gun shy about exploding threw the hole this year and that could be because of his knee injury last year.
Second was that he seems to do a little dance right before he hits the hole, I have also noticed that.

PurplePride80
10-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Other than ball security, what makes you think Peterson isn't playing well?
??? Just because he hasn't had any of those long flashy TD runs yet?

He's still been extremely efficient. Just be patient, he'll break one of those runs soon, almost did yesterday against the Lions.

peterson-rox28
10-13-2008, 06:41 PM
i think ur right about the knee and that he could be playing a bit injured

peterson-rox28
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
i guess i was just excepting more from him.

midgensa
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
He obviously misses Richardson a little, but outside of the fumbles (as Timmy said) Peterson's numbers really are not that bad.
He is on pace for 1500 yards, 8 TDs and 8 100+ yard games. He has not broken out yet like we would hope, but he has been good. He is still third in the league in rushing and averaging 4.4 yards a carry.
Now, we all know he can be spectacular, which he really has not been, but he has played well. Again, minus the ball control issues, which he also had last season.

Json
10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I was unaware of this.
What a joke!
I blame both Tapeh and the organization for not doing there research.
Unacceptable.

VikingMike
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, there's one reason we haven't seen him. But if he's really healthy, he's got to be better than Tahi...and keeping him out is hurting the team. Is this the solution we want?

DeathtoDenny
10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Tapeh didn't disclose that he's a post-op.

erik5032
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Here is my take on why he isn't doing "as well"

The teams agendas are "stop peterson!!!!!" when you have the whole team focusing on you it is nearly impossible to do as well as he did during his rookie season. Look at Moss's Rookie year vs. Second year... big difference in performance. Yet it is easier to be a receiver in that way because they can't put 9 guys against you... He isn't worse, the defenses are focusing only on him. just my 2 cents

seaniemck7
10-14-2008, 12:51 PM
This is an odd situation to say the least, but like VikingMike said, if he's healthy he should be playing.
News flash: Tahi is not good.
If Childress is keeping him inactive while he is healthy, he is doing the team no favors.
If he is gonna punish him, then do it and be over it.

Bottom line is we need better play out of our FB position.
FFS put the Sauce back there if you are not gonna play Tapeh (which is stoopid if he is healthy), because Tahi is suckin'.

C Mac D
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Put Sauce in there, split TE play between Shaincoe and Mills (mostly Mills).

marstc09
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I want Tony back!

i_bleed_purple
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
lets get gonzalez and move Kleinsasser to FB... (and while we're at it get a top tier QB, new corners.........) just kiddin.

mountainviking
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, that's not good news...that he lied and they didn't catch it.
If he's hobbled, sure keep him sidelined...otherwise, I've got to hope he'd be a better FB than Tahi.

I too have wondered about Tahi for a year or two now.
Is he just a Chilly guy?
Would he make any other team in the NFL?
I know they like that he's played some RB too, multi-depth and all, but how many short passes have we seen him drop?
Is he hitting his blocks?

I knew we would miss Tony!!
That guy might be the best blocking FB in the history of the fricken game.
I haven't seen his intensity for nailing a block and still gettting downfield for another one from anybody in the NFL for a long time!

i_bleed_purple
10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:

Yeah, that's not good news...that he lied and they didn't catch it.
If he's hobbled, sure keep him sidelined...otherwise, I've got to hope he'd be a better FB than Tahi.

I too have wondered about Tahi for a year or two now.
Is he just a Chilly guy?
Would he make any other team in the NFL?
I know they like that he's played some RB too, multi-depth and all, but how many short passes have we seen him drop?
Is he hitting his blocks?

I knew we would miss Tony!!
That guy might be the best blocking FB in the history of the fricken game.
I haven't seen his intensity for nailing a block and still gettting downfield for another one from anybody in the NFL for a long time!

How about Lorenzo Neal?

I think Wilf should do what he did with Foley and can his ass.
He lied, straight up.

BootyCall
10-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Looks like we may reach a settlement with Tapeh.
At this point he is 3rd on the depth chart and isn't the player we thought he might turn into when he signed him.
Send his lying a@@ on his way...it isn't going to hurt AP....he seems to do most of his damage from the singleback sets anyway.

I'm not going to spill any tears over seeing Tapeh leave but it does bother me that our organization didn't do the legwork on him.
How many resources does the front office have available to them and they couldn't figure out the guy had some time under the knife in the offseason?
Just chalk this one up to another failed free agent acquisition.
Zygi needs to take a look at who is spending his money.

Link for those intrigued enough to take a glance.
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2043

gregair13
10-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Kleinsasser can play FB if we need one.

Ranger
10-16-2008, 06:06 AM
The Sauce can do anything he's asked to do.
He's a beastly blocker and has underrated hands.

singersp
10-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Vikings, Tapeh could be parting ways (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/15/vikings-tapeh-could-be-parting-ways/)

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI
rockymountainnews.com

Published October 15, 2008 at 5:28 p.m.
Updated October 15, 2008 at 6:05 p.m.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) _ The Minnesota Vikings and fullback Thomas Tapeh could be headed toward a split...

singersp
10-16-2008, 06:19 AM
There is already a thread going on this subject.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48512.new#new

Ranger
10-16-2008, 06:43 AM
"singersp" wrote:

There is already a thread going on this subject.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48512.new#new

Doesn't matter.
I've posted in this one, making it the official thread on this topic.

Also, I'm roguishly handsome.

AngloVike
10-16-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't understand how this managed to get missed on the medical - as he didn't disclose it then would that be reason to terminate a contract for non-disclosure .. same as for a lot of jobs outside of football.
Doesn't make the medical staff and front office look good for not doing full background checks on potential FA's though.

Purple Floyd
10-16-2008, 08:07 AM
"C" wrote:

Put Sauce in there, split TE play between Shaincoe and Mills (mostly Mills).

That would be my move too, but since it might actually lead to points I doubt they are interested in using it. ;D

vikings4life33
10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
I would play him. if his knee blows out then O well at least we got some play time out of him. if he wanted to keep it from the team then thats his fault. play him till the knee blows then say bye bye

kspurplepride
10-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Sauce isn't getting the time he deserves at TE, use him as a fullback... and a TE in single back formations!!! This guy was an elite fullback a few years back. He is a beast as a blocker, and use to hit the whole just as hard as Rich did last year.