PDA

View Full Version : Stadium issues



JeffSeimon
10-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Have any steps been taken as of late to resolve the stadium issues?

Yesterday was my first trip to the Metrodome and I found it to be a nice enough stadium.

I can only compare this to Texas Stadium as thats the only one I have been to.

If I remember correctly the lease expires in 2011? If so,they better get something in the works or all the years of rumors about the Vikings moving might come true.

I was thoroughly impressed with the fans,the workers,and Minneapolis overall.It seems the local government would do everything possible to get something done,espically since its an election year.

Purple Floyd
10-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.

NodakPaul
10-13-2008, 04:30 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.


LMAO.
Sweet.
So we could sit together, and you could freeze your ass off right next to me as I comfortably drink a beer... ;D

NodakPaul
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
"JeffSeimon" wrote:


Have any steps been taken as of late to resolve the stadium issues?

Yesterday was my first trip to the Metrodome and I found it to be a nice enough stadium.

I can only compare this to Texas Stadium as thats the only one I have been to.

If I remember correctly the lease expires in 2011? If so,they better get something in the works or all the years of rumors about the Vikings moving might come true.

I was thoroughly impressed with the fans,the workers,and Minneapolis overall.It seems the local government would do everything possible to get something done,espically since its an election year.




The Metrodome has it quirks, but you are right, it is nice enough from a fan perspective.
The biggest problem is the lack of non-revenue sharing money that is generated by it.
Without a decent number of luxury boxes or suite seats, the Vikings are dead last in revenue, which affects our ability to put a decent team on the field.

I think how this season pans out will have a significant impact on what happens with the stadium.
Given the economy, it is a pretty hard sell right now.
But luckily it doesn't hit the floor until the spring, and then things may be significantly better.

A playoff run and an improving economy will go a long way toward achieving our goal...

Purple Floyd
10-13-2008, 06:08 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.


LMAO.
Sweet.
So we could sit together, and you could freeze your ass off right next to me as I comfortably drink a beer... ;D


That's the plan.

I knew we could come up with a compromise solution ;D

Zeus
10-13-2008, 06:09 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.


LMAO.
Sweet.
So we could sit together, and you could freeze your ass off right next to me as I comfortably drink a beer... ;D


That's the plan.

I knew we could come up with a compromise solution ;D


So - what tax increase are you going to impose on your minions to pay for it?

=Z=

Purple Floyd
10-13-2008, 06:15 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.


LMAO.
Sweet.
So we could sit together, and you could freeze your ass off right next to me as I comfortably drink a beer... ;D


That's the plan.

I knew we could come up with a compromise solution ;D


So - what tax increase are you going to impose on your minions to pay for it?

=Z=


None

We will cut spending to offset some of the difference and the rest will be made by making you piss directly on the floor instead of the troughs.

NodakPaul
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.


LMAO.
Sweet.
So we could sit together, and you could freeze your jiggly butt off right next to me as I comfortably drink a beer... ;D


That's the plan.

I knew we could come up with a compromise solution ;D


So - what tax increase are you going to impose on your minions to pay for it?

=Z=


None

We will cut spending to offset some of the difference and the rest will be made by making you piss directly on the floor instead of the troughs.


Most people do by the 4th quarter anyway...

Json
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah,

They are going to pass it and it will have a roof with remote control and every seat will be individually climate controlled.

Zygi has said that this is to help with the global warming crisis affecting our planet
;D