PDA

View Full Version : Vikings KFFL tidbits (7-10 Oct. 2008)



Prophet
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sullivan limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:59:41 -0700

Minnesota Vikings C John Sullivan (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sapp limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:59:10 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Benny Sapp (hamstring) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. He did not play in the team's Week 5 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Rice limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:58:11 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8, and it is not clear if he will be able to play Week 6.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kleinsasser limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:57:40 -0700

Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser (foot) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Edwards limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:57:09 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DE Ray Edwards (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. He played Week 5 but the team continues to be careful with him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Ciurciu limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:56:32 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (concussion) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Berrian limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:54:48 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Er. Henderson misses practice Wednesday
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:53:54 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Erin Henderson (concussion) missed the team's practice Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Herron to replace E. Henderson
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:43:46 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Dave Herron will replace LB E.J. Henderson (foot) at middle linebacker. Henderson is out for the year after undergoing surgery on his foot.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Childress unhappy with Kluwe
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:01:15 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress was not happy with P Chris Kluwe because he was supposed to punt the ball out of bounds on both punts New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush returned for touchdowns Monday, Oct. 6. When asked if Kluwe struggles to kick the ball out of bounds, Childress said if Kluwe cannot execute, he will have to find another punter.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Berrian team's first 100-yard receiver in a while
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:00:00 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian had the first 100-yard receiving performance by a Vikings player in the past 35 regular-season games. He caught six passes for 110 yards in the team's Week 5 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Frerotte shaken up Week 5
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:12:56 -0700

Minnesota Vikings QB Gus Frerotte (undisclosed) was shaken up in the team's Week 5 game but only missed one play in the second half.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Winfield named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:05:40 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have announced CB Antoine Winfield has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 5 performance. He recorded a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in the game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Ciurciu plays Week 5
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:00:56 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (knee) played in the team's Week 5 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Edwards plays Week 5
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:00:17 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (shoulder) played in the team's Week 5 game. He had to leave the game briefly but was able to return to the game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Rice misses Week 5
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:56:04 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (knee) did not play in the team's Week 5 game because of a knee injury. His status for Week 6 is uncertain.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kleinsasser misses Week 5
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:55:42 -0700

Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser (foot) did not play in the team's Week 5 game because of a foot injury.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team works out D. Thomas
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:07:03 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent LB Dontarrious Thomas (49ers) last week. "We just wanted to see him move around," head coach Brad Childress said. "We work those guys out from time to time so we have an idea should we need to make a move or have to make a move. He had a good workout for us, I'll say that."

V4L
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Congrats Winny!


Well deserved

C Mac D
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Vikings | Winfield named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:05:40 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have announced CB Antoine Winfield has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 5 performance. He recorded a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in the game.


... and a Touchdown?

marstc09
10-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.

jdvike
10-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Rice is always on that damn injury list...I had high hopes for him...I'm trying to fight it,
but the word bust keeps coming to mind.


Grats to Winfield.

jdvike
10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.

great minds.
;)

C Mac D
10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

jdvike
10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
"C" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.

ThorSPL
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Rice is not a bust, he's just injured.
When he has played he has done well....

Granted he hasn't had much time to do well lately; that IS frustrating.

VikingMike
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Lot of guys hurt...is anyone practicing this week?

jargomcfargo
10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.


I'm having my doubts about him and Allison at this point.

BloodyHorns82
10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Does anybody know exactly what Rice's knee injury is?

Marrdro
10-09-2008, 01:58 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.


I'm having my doubts about him and Allison at this point.

I kindof like how AA is playing, when he gets on the field.

Correct me on this, however, that ball BB caught for a TD was thrown to AA, who was open by the way.
BB just ran the wrong route based on a improper adjustment.

jdvike
10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:


Rice is not a bust, he's just injured.
When he has played he has done well....

Granted he hasn't had much time to do well lately; that IS frustrating.

Well yes he is a bust if he can't stay healthy...I didn't say he had no skills...his skills don't help on the bench however.

jdvike
10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am disappointed in Rice. 36 yards! Always on injury list. I was expecting a break out season for him.


I'm having my doubts about him and Allison at this point.

I kindof like how AA is playing, when he gets on the field.

Correct me on this, however, that ball BB caught for a TD was thrown to AA, who was open by the way.
BB just ran the wrong route based on a improper adjustment.

Jaws was talking about that play he said it was designed that way...I knew he was wrong about that...I knew somebody screwed up...not sure which WR it was.

Prophet
10-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Vikings | Leber moving to middle linebacker in nickel situations
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:17:38 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber will be moving to middle linebacker in nickel situations.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Williams limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:14:03 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FS Madieu Williams (neck) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9, but is not expected to return until near the end of the month.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sullivan limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:13:40 -0700

Minnesota Vikings C John Sullivan (knee) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sapp limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:13:12 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Benny Sapp (hamstring) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Rice limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:12:38 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (knee) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9. It is unclear if he will play in Week 6.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kleinsasser limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:12:09 -0700

Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser (foot) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Edwards limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:11:44 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (shoulder) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Ciurciu limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:11:19 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (concussion) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Berrian sits out practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:10:31 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (knee) sat out of the team's practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Henderson misses practice Thursday
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:09:59 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Erin Henderson (concussion) missed the team's practice Thursday, Oct. 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Plackemeier works out
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:07:13 -0700

Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Ryan Plackemeier (Seahawks) Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Paulescu works out
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:05:47 -0700

Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Sam Paulescu (Broncos) Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Pakulak works out
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:04:27 -0700

Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Glenn Pakulak (Raiders) Wednesday, Oct. 8.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Crossett works out
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:03:49 -0700

Updating a previous report, Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings worked out free-agent P Adam Crossett (Colts) Wednesday, Oct. 8.

ejmat
10-10-2008, 06:51 AM
"jdvike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.


He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
Klewe admitted it.
Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.

Bretto007
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I thought Ray Edwards was supposed to break the sack record this year?
::)Dude misses way too many games.

jdvike
10-10-2008, 09:19 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


"jdvike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.


He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
Klewe admitted it.
Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.

I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

geez who pissed in your cheerios?

ejmat
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
"jdvike" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"jdvike" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.


He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
Klewe admitted it.
Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.

I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

geez who pissed in your cheerios?


LOL.
I think you are right in that I am getting very frustrated with a lot of people here blaming Chilly for everything except for the economy (that's probably next).
I agree he shouldn't have publically called out Klewe.
That is uncalled for.
However, in this circumstance, Chilly is not the one to blame for what went wrong during the game on STs.
That is why I am so frustrated.
Again, I'm not for or against firing Chilly yet.
But the negativity from a lot of people on here seem to blame Chilly for everything that goes wrong but they will NEVER give him props for things he has done correct.

Garland Greene
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I wonder if Erin Henderson can see staright yet after that hit?

jdvike
10-10-2008, 09:52 AM
"ejmat" wrote:


"jdvike" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"jdvike" wrote:


"C" wrote:




Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.


He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
Klewe admitted it.
Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.

I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

geez who pissed in your cheerios?


LOL.
I think you are right in that I am getting very frustrated with a lot of people here blaming Chilly for everything except for the economy (that's probably next).
I agree he shouldn't have publically called out Klewe.
That is uncalled for.
However, in this circumstance, Chilly is not the one to blame for what went wrong during the game on STs.
That is why I am so frustrated.
Again, I'm not for or against firing Chilly yet.
But the negativity from a lot of people on here seem to blame Chilly for everything that goes wrong but they will NEVER give him props for things he has done correct.

Well I'm for whoever can get us some damn wins, so I can again be proud to be a Vikings fan.

But I disagree with you to a certain extent about him not being to blame for ST play...this is his team, and ST is part of it...if the ST coach is to blame then wasn't it Childress who brought him in?...if the QB doesn't play well then is it the QB coaches fault?...and again who hired him?...and on and on and on....

The head coach should be held accountable, if any part of his team doesn't play well then directly or indirectly the head coach should be to blame....thats why he gets the big bucks.

I don't care if a chimpanzee coaches this team as long as we win.

ejmat
10-10-2008, 11:16 AM
"jdvike" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"jdvike" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"jdvike" wrote:






Vikings | Four punters work out for team
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:02:17 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings had four unnamed punters work out for the team after practice Wednesday, Oct. 8. It is not clear if a move might be made at punter. As previously reported, head coach Brad Childress was livid with P Chris Kluwe because of his failure to punt two balls out of bounds Week 5. Kluwe was signed to a contract extension last season.


Ah, Childress trying to save his ass. I doubt Chilly even told Kluwe to punt it out of bounds... he probably just though his "Defense was playing good enough to get him the ball back."

Please... someone fire this hack of a coach.

Lifetime Coordinator... that's it.

A coordinator that doesn't call plays...I'm pretty close to joining the fire Childress crowd...he made Kluwe the fall guy ...plain and simple.


He didn't make Klewe the fall guy.
Klewe made Klewe the fall guy.
He did tell Klewe to kick the ball OOB.
Klewe admitted it.
Stop trying to blame Childress for every god darn thing.
I admit he hasn't been the best HC.
However, every fucking thing that goes wrong is not his fault.

I didn't say Kluwe wasn't at fault...what I meant was calling him out during a press conference was Chillys way of saying to everyone, "well don't blame me"...I thought it was bush league, and if he keeps that shit up he will lose this team.

Calm down, unbunch your panties dude, I'm not one of those that is always screaming for his head.

geez who pissed in your cheerios?


LOL.
I think you are right in that I am getting very frustrated with a lot of people here blaming Chilly for everything except for the economy (that's probably next).
I agree he shouldn't have publically called out Klewe.
That is uncalled for.
However, in this circumstance, Chilly is not the one to blame for what went wrong during the game on STs.
That is why I am so frustrated.
Again, I'm not for or against firing Chilly yet.
But the negativity from a lot of people on here seem to blame Chilly for everything that goes wrong but they will NEVER give him props for things he has done correct.

Well I'm for whoever can get us some damn wins, so I can again be proud to be a Vikings fan.

But I disagree with you to a certain extent about him not being to blame for ST play...this is his team, and ST is part of it...if the ST coach is to blame then wasn't it Childress who brought him in?...if the QB doesn't play well then is it the QB coaches fault?...and again who hired him?...and on and on and on....

The head coach should be held accountable, if any part of his team doesn't play well then directly or indirectly the head coach should be to blame....thats why he gets the big bucks.

I don't care if a chimpanzee coaches this team as long as we win.


Yes the HC is ultimately responsible for things that happen with the team.
Very true.
However, since people are pointing fingers that is why I get frustrated.
Again, Chilly should not have called him out publically as he did.
However, at the same time, Klewe has had his struggles and they are for more than just one game.
That is what people aren't realizing here.
We all seem to like Klewe and yes he can kick the ball a long way.
His problem is consistency and directional punting.
Both an important factor to being a successful professional punter in the NFL.

Prophet
10-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Vikings | Greenway fined $7,500 for major facemask
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:03:38 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Chad Greenway was fined $7,500 for a major facemask on New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush. The facemask was not flagged during the team's Week 5 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Williams doubtful for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:36:17 -0700

Minnesota Vikings FS Madieu Williams (neck) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as doubtful for the team's Week 6 game and probably will not play.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sapp questionable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:34:04 -0700

Minnesota Vikings CB Benny Sapp (hamstring) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Henderson questionable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:32:30 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Erin Henderson (concussion) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Ciurciu probable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:30:54 -0700

Minnesota Vikings LB Vinny Ciurciu (concussion) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Edwards probable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:29:03 -0700

Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (shoulder) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sullivan probable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:25:56 -0700

Minnesota Vikings C John Sullivan (knee) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kleinsasser probable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:23:15 -0700

Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser (foot) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 6 game and will play in the game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Rice questionable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:21:53 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (knee) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Berrian questionable for Week 6
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:18:24 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (knee) was limited during practice Friday, Oct. 10. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 6 game but should play.