PDA

View Full Version : What do yall think about John David Booty

VirginiaViking8907
10-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't you think that JDB(John David Booty) would do just as good as Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco? I kno he will and i think he should have been put in from tha start...

PurplePeopleEaters
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Clearly you did not watch the preseason. We finally find a competent QB who isn't losing us the game and you
want Booty in? Please..

Potus2028
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
no... not right off the bat.

i went to training camp and he looked aweful.. he looked like a rookie.

then i saw him on some of the preseason games.. still looked like a rookie...

i think gus could stay here for another year or two.. and the we're ready for JDB definitely.

VirginiaViking8907
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Im not takin anything from Gus, But like u said one or two years why can we get tha rookie in there now for 5 or 6 years or more, yea he not good but bout this time he proly would have givin us tha same record

SKOL
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
You need a beer my friend.
Welcome aboard the long ship to Valhalla.
Since this was your first post maybe our trusty mods will help this find the right forum.

JDB may be the future, but he's most definitely not ready yet.

NodakPaul
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Putting a rookie too soon can have negative effects on the rookie to.
Given the way he played in preseason, there is no way we would be 2-3 with him under center.
We would be tied with the Lions...

Purple Floyd
10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
He is not ready for prime time.

Some day he might be but the game is too fast for him to process at full speed right now.

V-Unit
10-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't agree with any of your posts.

VirginiaViking8907
10-08-2008, 01:15 PM
and it was jus a suggestion thas all im fine wit Gus i was jus lookin at later on i did see tha pre sorry guys lol dont kill me yet

kspurplepride
10-08-2008, 01:24 PM
booty doesn't have an upside to really be a starting qb in the NFL... he has an average arm, average accuracy, and was made to look better than he was by a talented coach and a talented system. He'll be an average quarterback in this league at best, and even that I think is a stretch for him.

singersp
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

no... not right off the bat.

i went to training camp and he looked aweful.. he looked like a rookie.

then i saw him on some of the preseason games.. still looked like a rookie...

i think gus could stay here for another year or two.. and the we're ready for JDB definitely.

Um, he is a rookie.
;)

pack93z
10-08-2008, 01:32 PM
He is a rookie, holding a clipboard and learning the NFL ropes.

I think his grip on the clipboard may be too tight though.. too much pressure maybe.
;D

Seriously though.. he is a young QB that has potential.. but least we not forget that he is a USC product.. and other than Palmer, not many of them stepped into the NFL and had an impact right away. I think it is wise to let him develop but learning this year in the very least.

oaklandzoo24
10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Booty would get eaten alive out there.
Did you see him in the preseason?
He was absolutely horrible.
Putting him now would be a monumental mistake especially when there is still hope that we may be able to turn this season around.

V4L
10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Booty sucks

I sure hope we dont see him for 3 years

purplepat
10-08-2008, 01:40 PM
"VirginiaViking8907" wrote:

Don't you think that JDB(John David Booty) would do just as good as Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco? I kno he will and i think he should have been put in from tha start...

Booty sucks and should have been cut.

Purple Floyd
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Under a better staff he might pan out at some point in the future but I don't have alot of confidence in this staff making him into anything.

vikings4life33
10-08-2008, 01:51 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Clearly you did not watch the preseason. We finally find a competent QB who isn't losing us the game and you
want Booty in? Please..

you hit the nail on the head. he is not even close to be playing

V4L
10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I really didnt see much upside

But our back ups werent givin him anytime or anything

So who knows

Mr-holland
10-08-2008, 02:08 PM
We started TJ in the end of his first full career year, and he wasn't all that good. Now you want to put in Booty who couldn't handle 3rd string defenses?

MinnesotaFury
10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
With the exception of some brilliant rookie QB's (matt ryan), I think they should all ride the pine for at least a season... hopefully 2.
I say we keep Gus for next season (if he doesn't die first) and then bring in JDB there-on-after.
We need to make sure that for once, we secure a very solid backup just incase JDB isn't working out.
I'd go with someone like Sage Rosenfels, Derek Anderson, Chris Redman, or Matt Leinart.
Hopefully they wouldn't need to see the field ever, but just incase.
They are all running out of time with their current teams and may be available over the course of the next 2 or 3 years.

IA Vike
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

You need a beer my friend.

Me tink he dun allredy had 1 two many.

Bretto007
10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I thought he looked horrible even for a rookie.
Rookies usually don't look as bad as Booty did.
If we hadn't spent a 5th round pick on him, I think we keep Brooks Bollinger.

Lets see how he looks next training camp and preseason.

V4L
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I think he is a douche

marstc09
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Did you watch the preseason? He has a lot to learn.

V4L
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
LMAO

I didnt even see that quote til u quoted it Mar

Booty as good as those two?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Gus and Tjack cant even do all that well in this offense.. Let alone a horrible 5th round draft pick

HEY
10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
What do yall think about John David Booty

Not ready to play this season.

Zeus
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Booty failed to take the best (talent-wise) college football team in the land to the championship game in either of the two years he was at the helm.
I am underwhelmed by JDB as a QB.
The only thing he needs to do is sit on the pine, learning, learning, learning.
And then maybe he gets a chance in 2011.

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

Booty failed to take the best (talent-wise) college football team in the land to the championship game in either of the two years he was at the helm.

=Z=

Well put.

Next question:
Is it worth eating up a roster spot for a potential starter 4 years down the line?
Me thinks not.
I would expect the Vikings organization to further address the position in the draft or FA and booty gets das boot.

Chazz
10-08-2008, 04:37 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Well put.

Next question:
Is it worth eating up a roster spot for a potential starter 4 years down the line?
Me thinks not.
I would expect the Vikings organization to further address the position in the draft or FA and booty gets das boot.

We need to sign Gus for 2 more years, cut T-Jack and draft Stafford. Let Stafford and JDB battle for the backup spot and in a couple of years one of those guys should be a compent QB.

midgensa
10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
John David Booty will NEVER be a starting quarterback in the NFL. At best he will get spot starts as a backup. So in answering your question ... no ... I don't want JDB in there. He does not have the tools to play the game at this speed.

StillPurple
10-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I like JDB's footwork and his basic mechanics. But USC QBs also tend to hold the ball too long. Look at how they drop back and then "pat" the ball about 6 times before they throw it.

I do think that arm strength is a bit overrated in the NFL. It is more important to be able to read a defense and make good decisions, than zip the ball in there. I really don't know about Booty, but hey, give the guy a chance.

midgensa
10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
"Chazz" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Well put.

Next question:
Me thinks not.

We need to sign Gus for 2 more years, cut T-Jack and draft Stafford. Let Stafford and JDB battle for the backup spot and in a couple of years one of those guys should be a compent QB.

We will not be drafting high enough to draft Stafford. And by that I mean we will not have the top pick in the draft.

Brewtal
10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Booty is a good 3rd stringer learning the system and will hopefullly someday be a solid starter.
I see far more potential in Booty then I ever have in TJ.
That being said I hope nothing happens to Gus because TJ at this point is a better option then Booty, and I am one that believes TJ just sucks and has no potential no matter how many games he has under his belt.

ragz
10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
yah, maybe 6 times the charm.

jkjuggalo
10-09-2008, 12:15 AM
I think he was a waste of a 5th round draft pick.
He has small hands, a weak to average NFL arm, and gets flustered easily by pressure.
He is also a douchebag QB from USC.
JMO.

ragz
10-09-2008, 12:39 AM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:

I think he was a waste of a 5th round draft pick.
He has small hands, a weak to average NFL arm, and gets flustered easily by pressure.
He is also a douchebag QB from USC.
JMO.

but HE has potential cuz he was terrible in preseason, and was drafted out of usc.

Schutz
10-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I can't say what I think of Booty as a football player until he has a serious look in a REGULAR season game at QB.
It'll be interesting how much he is taking in this year at QB and whether he can succeed.
I don't right people off until they have a chance to prove their value.
I mean heck, some MVP QBs even were grocery boys and arena football players, while others were late round after thoughts who took the NFL by storm.

As for his name.
If names made a football player he'd be the QB of the year.
Especially if we ever signed/drafted a big time WR with the last name of Call.
Life would be good.

Prophet
10-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I think he's a rookie with potential and is learning how to play NFL caliber ball.
Nothing more.

CTVikingfan
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Booty Call connection that is great

ItalianStallion
10-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Booty has yet to look like he is ready to start a NFL game at this point in his career.

ThorSPL
10-09-2008, 11:33 AM
He's less ready to play than T-Jack... and it's not even close.

I'm not complimenting T-Jack with that statement, either.

BloodyHorns82
10-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I can't believe we are even discussing this matter...especially after watching him play in pre-season.
I was excited with the pick, but not so much anymore.

ThExRenegadE
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM

He probably would have been picked in the first round than. Sure some one will bring up Tom Brady, but just like everyone has been saying have you seen him in preseason?

hav0x
10-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Pre-season throwing to backups doesn't really give you an idea of how he could play if he had time to throw the ball. Quarterbacks are hard to judge in preseason. Look at T-Jack, he looked amazing in preseason but when the season rolled around he was horrible.

bleedpurple
10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
"hav0x" wrote:

Pre-season throwing to backups doesn't really give you an idea of how he could play if he had time to throw the ball. Quarterbacks are hard to judge in preseason. Look at T-Jack, he looked amazing in preseason but when the season rolled around he was horrible.

Then that should give you a very good indication of how JDB would play... if he looked awful in preseason what in the hell makes you think he'd be any better when the lights come on!??

ThExRenegadE
10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
"hav0x" wrote:

Preseason throwing to backups against backups and sucking. Don't you see he had backup WRs but he was also facing a backup defense. Time to throw LOL how much more time when hes facing a first team. Our o-line can hold everyone back.

hav0x
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
"ThExRenegadE" wrote:

"hav0x" wrote:

Preseason throwing to backups against backups and sucking. Don't you see he had backup WRs but he was also facing a backup defense. Time to throw LOL how much more time when hes facing a first team. Our o-line can hold everyone back.
Go watch the preseason highlights, he was getting like 2 seconds from the time the ball was snapped to throw it before he had to evade pressure.

I'm not saying he's some amazing quarterback, what I'm saying is that you can't accurately evaluate someone when they aren't getting any time to throw the ball.

Chazz
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Chazz" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Well put.

Next question:
Me thinks not.

We will not be drafting high enough to draft Stafford. And by that I mean we will not have the top pick in the draft.

Never say never. Quinn was the sure fire number 1 pick 2 years running, but he still managed to fall to what...23?? Brohm was a sure top 10 QB, Lienhart was an easy top 10 selection.

If he does indeed go 1 overall then we have no chance, but if he falls past the top 6 or 7, then we need to do whatever it takes to get him. I don't have any faith in Childress leading us to a winning record, or even to 8-8 for that matter, so we wouldn't have to move all that far up.

Purple Floyd
10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
"Chazz" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Chazz" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Well put.

Next question:
Me thinks not.

Never say never. Quinn was the sure fire number 1 pick 2 years running, but he still managed to fall to what...23?? Brohm was a sure top 10 QB, Lienhart was an easy top 10 selection.

If he does indeed go 1 overall then we have no chance, but if he falls past the top 6 or 7, then we need to do whatever it takes to get him. I don't have any faith in Childress leading us to a winning record, or even to 8-8 for that matter, so we wouldn't have to move all that far up.

If Childress is still here I have no faith in him or his staff being able to develop any QB into a professional caliber player.

C Mac D
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

If Childress is still here I have no faith in him or his staff being able to develop any QB into a professional caliber player.

I agree... he will force his imaginary "system" on whatever QB he gets, he won't capitalize on the QB's strengths... and he'll hurt the entire team by doing so.

I don't get how anyone can support Childress anymore. He is completely sinking a great football team.

Chazz
10-09-2008, 05:32 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Chazz" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"Chazz" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

=Z=

Well put.

Next question:
Me thinks not.

Nor do I....but I don't think that Childress will be back.

ragz
10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
"C" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I agree... he will force his imaginary "system" on whatever QB he gets, he won't capitalize on the QB's strengths... and he'll hurt the entire team by doing so.

I don't get how anyone can support Childress anymore. He is completely sinking a great football team.

even if we are not considered great, we should at least look as if we are getting better after personnel changes and 2 years of time.

vikings4life33
10-10-2008, 11:16 AM
"C" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

i cant wait to tell BC what i think of him week 15. we will be right behind the vikings bench and i am going to unload on him. i think it will make me feel better. haha

Dibbzz
01-20-2009, 02:39 AM
I figure I'd post this in here instead of making a new thread. Now that the season is over and the Vikes look to (hopefully
???) address the quarterback situation, does anybody here think that Booty can realistically compete for the starting job next season? I know he had a horrible pre-season, but after having a year of holding the clipboard and learning the system I say he has as good a shot as any to be the Vikes signal caller at some point next (regular) season. Call me crazy, but right now it doesn't seem like the Purple are going to be able to pick up McNabb unless it comes with some high draft picks. Kurt Warner is more than likely returning to Arizona after an unbelievable 2008 campaign and Matt Cassell is more than likely to be slapped with the franchise tag in New England. That leaves virtually no major free agent quarterbacks left and the way it looks now we're more than likely to develop quarterback through the draft and within the system. Booty had two very productive seasons at USC and has two Rose Bowl victories under his belt. What's everyone's thoughts on Booty going into 2009? Looking at who we currently have on our roster Booty has as good a shot as any to play quarterback (barring a huge offseason addition) and give Tarvaris a run for his money.

VikingsTw
01-20-2009, 02:50 AM
"Dibbzz" wrote:

I figure I'd post this in here instead of making a new thread. Now that the season is over and the Vikes look to (hopefully
???) address the quarterback situation, does anybody here think that Booty can realistically compete for the starting job next season? I know he had a horrible pre-season, but after having a year of holding the clipboard and learning the system I say he has as good a shot as any to be the Vikes signal caller at some point next (regular) season. Call me crazy, but right now it doesn't seem like the Purple are going to be able to pick up McNabb unless it comes with some high draft picks. Kurt Warner is more than likely returning to Arizona after an unbelievable 2008 campaign and Matt Cassell is more than likely to be slapped with the franchise tag in New England. That leaves virtually no major free agent quarterbacks left and the way it looks now we're more than likely to develop quarterback through the draft and within the system. Booty had two very productive seasons at USC and has two Rose Bowl victories under his belt. What's everyone's thoughts on Booty going into 2009? Looking at who we currently have on our roster Booty has as good a shot as any to play quarterback (barring a huge offseason addition) and give Tarvaris a run for his money.

I absolutly think thats a possibility and do believe he should be in the competition, I also agree with the lack of options in FA and available trade posibilties. After looking things over I like Tarvaris as QB but I certainly wouldn't hand it to him.

Coming into the draft last season Booty was claimed to be as ready to play as anyone, I think with his experience with a type of West Coast its only made his transition into our offense that much easier. Booty won't wow anyone with arm strength but he's a guy that can go through progression quickly, make smart decisions and be accurate with the football. My biggest issue with Booty starting is our offensive line Pass Protection. With a guy like Booty and almost any QB you need great pass protection to be a consistent force in the passsing game, in this case Booty is not a very moble guy, this doesn't mean he can't move well in the pocket but last year we gave up something like 46 sacks which was near dead last in the league. With Tarvaris we have never really seen a good pass protecting OLine so we are not quite sure exatly how he would do, I think he would rather well and same can be said for Booty. I think they are both capable and we should look in the draft a 3rd capable guy.

Matt Birk is a guy that I think has more issues that most want to admit with Pass Protection. He's gonna be gone and we will likely have a new commander in the middle, I hope to get help at RT and keep the rest of the peices in place. If we can shore up OLine pass protection issues, this Offense will become one of the better in the NFL. Whoever assumes duties at QB is going to have a nice surrounding cast with what we have in terms of Skill Players.

singersp
01-20-2009, 06:12 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/jdb2.jpg

Prophet
01-20-2009, 09:32 AM
"singersp" wrote:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/jdb2.jpg

+1, although Booty's pencil appears to have been used.
Meathead preferred crayons, but, they were more difficult to keep long enough to wedge behind the ear.

Marrdro
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
"Dibbzz" wrote:

Couple of thoughts.....

a.
We really haven't seen anything on him to be making rash decisions such as a few on here have already.
b.
He fits the scheme or this staff wouldn't have brought him in.
c.
The Scheme is a pretty complicated one based on what we've seen some Vets do in it.
d.
He should get more reps next year during the offseason (Individual workouts, OTA's etc).

Long story short, I always believe a guy gets better over time in the scheme and I believe that not everyone progresses at the same pace.
JDB could come in next year (if he puts in alot of off season work with the staff) and be way ahead of TJ.

Gonna be one of the many position competition that go on with this team next year.

seaniemck7
01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
My thoughts on Midget Hands John David Booty?
I don't trust him in cold/inclement weather.

John David Booty, USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 218.
Projected 40 Time: 4.83.
Combine 40 Time: 4.84.
Hand Size: 8 1/2.
Projected Round: 3-4.
John David Booty has the smallest hands of any quarterback in this class. That could translate to a lot of fumbles (see Daunte Culpepper and Alex Smith).

Here are some other for comparison to MHJDB.

Colt Brennan, Hawaii
Hand Size: 9 3/4.

Brian Brohm, Louisville

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

Joe Flacco, Delaware
Hand Size: 9 5/8.

Matt Flynn, LSU
Hand Size: 9.

Chad Henne, Michigan
Hand Size: 9.

C Mac D
01-20-2009, 12:46 PM
"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

I would rather have Dixon than anyone coming out of the draft.

V4L
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

I was a Dixon fan as well

I think he would be a very raw project and would definitley take over for Jackson when groomed properly

ThorSPL
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

Deep down I was kind of hoping we'd roll the dice on him; be interesting to see how he pans out.

Who ended up drafting him?

C Mac D
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

Deep down I was kind of hoping we'd roll the dice on him; be interesting to see how he pans out.

He's currently headed to Tampa with the Steelers.

V-Unit
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

I think he would be a very raw project and would definitley take over for Jackson when groomed properly

Ehh, he reminds me too much of TJ.

It will be interesting to see if he ever has a chance to start in this league and what he does if given the chance.

Marrdro
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
"C" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

He put them over the top, thats for sure.
::)

C Mac D
01-20-2009, 01:17 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

No one said that at all, you simply put words in my mouth.

It is, however, undisputed fact that he's headed to Tampa with Mike Tomlin. You can sway that however you'd like, Marr.

C Mac D
01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
"V" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

It will be interesting to see if he ever has a chance to start in this league and what he does if given the chance.

Too much of TJ?

He got 2007 Offensive POY in the Pac 10...

He actually displays confidence and leadership on the field...

I mean, if you think he reminds you of TJack, you must be going by his College numbers... which are MUCH better than TJack's, in a much tougher conference.

He hasn't played pro yet... so I'd love to know what you're comparing.

Marrdro
01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

It is, however, undisputed fact that he's headed to Tampa with Mike Tomlin. You can sway that however you'd like, Marr.

How in the hell is that putting words in your mouth?

I love my new quote.....

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure that what you heard is what I meant!

C Mac D
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

I love my new quote.....

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure that what you heard is what I meant!

You said, "I"m sure he put them over the top"... insinuating that I said they were Super Bowl bound based on the play of Dennis Dixon.

You even went so far as to add the
::) to your post to insinuate further that I must be an idiot for
thinking such things.

If you did not mean these things, then why did you even post it in the first place?

Mr Anderson
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

Too much of TJ?

I mean, if you think he reminds you of TJack, you must be going by his College numbers... which are MUCH better than TJack's, in a much tougher conference.

In the NFL?

You said it yourself, he hasn't played in the pros yet.

He damn well better have played confidently in a spread offense, full of offensive weapons, and his running ability at the QB position, all in a weak defensive conference(excluding USC of course.)

I'm sure Jackson was mighty confident at Alabama State too, but at least he has some NFL numbers.

There is absolutely no way to compare these two.

Marrdro
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

I love my new quote.....

You said, "I"m sure he put them over the top"... insinuating that I said they were Super Bowl bound based on the play of Dennis Dixon.

You even went so far as to add the
::) to your post to insinuate further that I must be an idiot for
thinking such things.

See, now that is putting words in someones mouth my friend.......Posting a
::) isn't.

If you did not mean these things, then why did you even post it in the first place?
I'm at work, bored and you are easy to set up...... ;D

V4L
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Marr are u trying to stir the pot or what?

C Mac D just said he is heading to Tampa with Tomlin and the Steelers.. Not meaning he had any part in the success.. But heading there with the team cuz he is a Steeler

Then you say Yah cuz he had a huge part in that with a rolly eyes.. Which makes it seem like u thought C Mac D thought Dixon was a reason for it

Then he said you can sway it how u want and ur putting words in his mouth (kinda are)

Then all u say is u love ur new quote haha

It really did look like u were putting words in his mouth.. Idk if u were trying but it looked like it

C Mac D
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

+1

Can't fault you for something I've done about 7,000 times.

El Vikingo
01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

+1

Boooooohh ,we want blood!!!

Marrdro
01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

+1

It was like throwing out my best lure, working it across some structure and then setting the hook..... :o

V-Unit
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

Too much of TJ?

Very raw project who needs to be groomed properly....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not forsaking him to the same fate as TJ. I just don't think a project QB is the answer.

Ranger
01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
"V" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Dennis Dixon, Oregon

+1

Too much of TJ?

Very raw project who needs to be groomed properly....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not forsaking him to the same fate as TJ. I just don't think a project QB is the answer.

They're both black quarterbacks with strong arms, wheels and guts.

Dixon willed Oregon to win games when he was healthy.
I never saw TJack play ball in college, so I can't comment.
However, they're similar in some regards.

Anybody know how large a hand Brees throws with?
He's a short quarterback, but absolutely destroys teams with his passing.
He was supposed to have a weak arm as well, especially after having shoulder surgery.
Looks like he throws a very pretty deep ball to me.

We have to find a quarterback, but it doesn't look like one will be up in free agency.
The draft is a guessing game, and the odds are not in your favor to find a first year starter who can play well like Ryan did.

Schutz
01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Too early to tell.

gabe_menendez
01-21-2009, 12:08 AM
I have not seen to much, I saw him in pre season once but he was thowing interceptions then.

DeathtoDenny
01-21-2009, 12:34 AM
He's a young little dork with way more money than me, yet with more butt splinters.

Prophet
01-21-2009, 07:00 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

Too early to tell.

That makes no sense, we are supposed to arbitrarily judge players with no knowledge of their progress.

El Vikingo
01-21-2009, 07:03 AM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

I have not seen to much, I saw him in pre season once but he was thowing interceptions then.

So cut him

Purple Floyd
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
"El" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

So cut him

Cut him?

Maybe we should give him the starting job on a silver platter and then sign a few washed up fourth stringers to the roster who won't be any sort of challenge to him and who's play will be so bad that his looks good by comparison.

Prophet
01-22-2009, 09:03 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"El" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

So cut him

Cut him?

Maybe we should give him the starting job on a silver platter and then sign a few washed up fourth stringers to the roster who won't be any sort of challenge to him and who's play will be so bad that his looks good by comparison.

That was plan A.
Plan B has yet to be unveiled.
Will it be walking the plank, like Haslett/Brooks, or will it result in CmacD officially changing his name?

Purple Floyd
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"El" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

So cut him

Cut him?

That was plan A.
Plan B has yet to be unveiled.
Will it be walking the plank, like Haslett/Brooks, or will it result in CmacD officially changing his name?

El CmacD'O
?