PDA

View Full Version : Henderson Placed On IR

vikings6490
10-06-2008, 03:02 PM
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2003

Judd Zulgand just reported that the Vikings placed E.J. Henderson on the IR.
Talk about
a big loss for an already struggling football team

PurplePeopleEaters
10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Life just keeps getting better.

Sign Dontarrious Thomas.

TEN594
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
d

vikings6490
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
They worked out Thomas over the weekend so who knows maybe we will sign him

CTVikingfan
10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

Life just keeps getting better.

Sign Dontarrious Thomas.

Please Do.

seaniemck7
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
sonovabitch

Marrdro
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM
ESPN Shows Vinny as his backup on thier depth chart and he is Questionable.
Vikings.com has Heron as the backup.

Time for a youngster (Heron I hope) to step up and for the coaches to have him ready.

AngloVike
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Not good and one of our key players on the D... damn and blast
>:(

jdvike
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
One of the comments on that blog:

RockstarPt2 says:

October 6th, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Dammit! One of the few things that was exciting to watch on this team has been taken away!

Do you think that if Childress wouldnt have “punished” him by holding him out of the first series, that he would have still been injured later that game? Hear me out. Chilly sits him down for some stupid rule, then the football gods say “well, we’ll show you what happens when you sit someone for no reason” and BAM. Down goes EJ. This is Childress’ fault don’t you see!!!!

Hire Cowher Now!

How delusional is that?

baumy300
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
God damn it anyways!

It's too bad because the guy was shaping up another Pro-Bowl caliber year.

Fuckin' A man.

Marrdro
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

One of the comments on that blog:

RockstarPt2 says:

October 6th, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Dammit! One of the few things that was exciting to watch on this team has been taken away!

Do you think that if Childress wouldnt have “punished” him by holding him out of the first series, that he would have still been injured later that game? Hear me out. Chilly sits him down for some stupid rule, then the football gods say “well, we’ll show you what happens when you sit someone for no reason” and BAM. Down goes EJ. This is Childress’ fault don’t you see!!!!

Hire Cowher Now!

How delusional is that?

Guy sounds like a yutz..... ;D
;D

pack93z
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear that EJ has been shelved for the year.. kid was playing A+ ball.. my type of stick your nose in there backer.

BadlandsVikings
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/f8cb34dc-d966-40d1-9021-6413652a-1.jpg

BBQ Platypus
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Son of a turdsack.
This blows.

Krumb
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Not good , but maybe not as bad as we're making it out to be , those two upfront are going to keep o - linemen off of a linebacker , if we put someone in there that can make tackles we may be alright , still a huge blow though.

UndisputedVike
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow...talk about premature to pull the trigger. The Doc's haven't even got a good look at him supposedly. I may not know the full extent of the injury from where I'm sitting, but I feel they acted way to early.

ThorSPL
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
IR for dislocated toes?
Are you kidding me??

I really hope this is just speculation.

DustinDupont
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
that really sux

Derek Rick
10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

IR for dislocated toes?
Are you kidding me??

I really hope this is just speculation.
Maybe he hurt his foot
too
that is what im thinking?

SharperImage
10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Argh! There go's half of our run defense. this sucks a fat one.. Why have the injury bug hit the vikings? i guess they got tired of the browns...and came to the vikings.

Bkfldviking
10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
"TEN594" wrote:

God Damnit!

Contrary to popular opinion, God's last name is not damn.

Real tough loss, not something to take lightly.
Your toes are very integal in maintaining balance, pushing, even just walking can be a challenge.
Very difficult to treat because, ideally you want to stay off of it for a period of time.
Awful hard to do, especailly for a guy with pride.
You want to go to the bathroom you have to stand up, causing you balance which places force on the injury.
If you are very careful and avoid placing ANY weight on the injury, you double the strain on the other foot.
Often enough you can cause a stress fracture and then you are up the proverbial creek without method of propulsion.

I hope E.J. can get this fixed, rehab properly and be back next year with fire in his eyes.

midgensa
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
This is fucking terrible news. I know the front line is good and there are leaders in the secondary ... but EJ was the leader of this defense. This really sucks.

Mr Anderson
10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
God damnit.

Garland Greene
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
"Bkfldviking" wrote:

"TEN594" wrote:

God Damnit!

Contrary to popular opinion, God's last name is not damn.

Oh great now you are going to tell me taht Jesus middle initial isn't H
:P

PurplePeopleEaters
10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Seriously, I want Dontarrious Thomas in shoulder pads practicing with the first team next week. We quickly go from one of the best run stopping teams to middle of the road without our defensive leader and Middle Linebacker. Dontarrious is a physical freak and already knows the system. It's beyond me why we cut him in the first place.

On a related note, this would have been Farwell's chance to get first team reps. Injuries suck.

FuadFan
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM

Seriously, I want Dontarrious Thomas in shoulder pads practicing with the first team next week. We quickly go from one of the best run stopping teams to middle of the road without our defensive leader and Middle Linebacker. Dontarrious is a physical freak and already knows the system. It's beyond me why we cut him in the first place.

On a related note, this would have been Farwell's chance to get first team reps. Injuries suck.

We didn't
cut
Thomas, he was a free agent and choose to go elsewhere and couldn't make the team so should we really be interested in getting him when we got other young guys with potential?

PurplePeopleEaters
10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

We didn't
cut
Thomas, he was a free agent and choose to go elsewhere and couldn't make the team so should we really be interested in getting him when we got other young guys with potential?

Excuse me. I should have said "not retained."

We don't have any backup LB's of Thomas's caliber here IMO. I don't see anything in David Herron and Erin Henderson probably needs another full year before he makes a start. Ciurciu is garbage.

Braddock
10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
"SharperImage" wrote:

Argh! There go's half of our run defense. this sucks a fat one.. Why have the injury bug hit the vikings? i guess they got tired of the browns...and came to the vikings.

It hits everyone, so it's just part of the game. look at brady, or deuce mcallister, or the bengals defense last year.

However, what IS our fault is the penalties and turnovers. PENALTIES. If we get those fixed, or o can put something together, and defense get rested.

Time for Erin to step in big brother's shoes :)

i_bleed_purple
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

We didn't
cut

yes.
How did those youg guys with potential work out on offense?
Allison's done next to nothing, Cooks pretty inconsistant, TJ was a complete waste of 2 years.
Time to stop hoping some young guys with potential will ocme through when we need them and sign a vet who we know can execute.
Thomas already knows the defense here, he knows his role and waht is expected of him, and is better than anyone we have right now to fill in.

HEY
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Childress better be using Erin Henderson. I have a good feeling about Erin stepping up in this game.

Derek Rick
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

We didn't
cut

yes.

Allison's done next to nothing, Cooks pretty inconsistant, TJ was a complete waste of 2 years.
Time to stop hoping some young guys with potential will ocme through when we need them and sign a vet who we know can execute.
Thomas already knows the defense here, he knows his role and waht is expected of him, and is better than anyone we have right now to fill in.

I agree that Circui is terrible. He was horrible last year too. Personally i think he would of been cut if we still would of had Heath Farwell. I think he still should of been cut. Owell
i do think that Erin will be a good football player someday and if Herron is doing bad tonight i would love to see him get out there and get some playing time. I really hope our defense and offense both come to play. I agree we should sign Thomas.

C Mac D
10-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Wish I had seen this sooner... M*ther f*ckin c*ck s*cking piece of f*cking bad sh*t a** luck!!!!

Ah... to be G*dd*mned Minnesota Vikings fan.

FIRE CHILDRESS!!!!

FuadFan
10-06-2008, 05:06 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

We didn't
cut

yes.

And if we were to have taken that attitude when Henderson himself was having struggles through his first few seasons we'd still be trying to find a competent middle linebacker. The fact is you know nothing about how well David Herron can play the position so how about seeing what he can do before you decide we need the guy who left and couldn't stick on another team's roster.

PurpleTide
What a Huge Bummer... EJ is the heart and soul of that defense, this really hurts. I hope you get better EJ, sounds like it's more serious than it first appeared.

i_bleed_purple
I agree, I think erin has potential, and will be good someday, but he's not ready for a starting job yet.
Hell, he was and undrafted free agent.
I find it tough to believe that we always find these hidden gems in the Rookie free agent pool that are game ready like so many people here seem to believe *cough, Nance, jason carter, *cough

i_bleed_purple
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

We didn't
cut

yes.

And if we were to have taken that attitude when Henderson himself was having struggles through his first few seasons we'd still be trying to find a competent middle linebacker. The fact is you know nothing about how well David Herron can play the position so how about seeing what he can do before you decide we need the guy who left and couldn't stick on another team's roster.

correct me if i'm wrong, but Was Hendrson not a 2nd round pick?
when was Herron drafted?
(i honestly don't know, someone please fill me in)
Do you think Henderson was more game ready then Herron was at the same point in their career.
I'm all for giving players chances, but I don't think this is the right time.
We are in desperate need of wins, now is not the time to risk it on unknown players.
At least with Thomas, we know what we're getting.

Bkfldviking
10-06-2008, 05:23 PM
"C" wrote:

Wish I had seen this sooner... M*ther f*ckin c*ck s*cking piece of f*cking bad sh*t a** luck!!!!

Ah... to be G*dd*mned Minnesota Vikings fan.

FIRE CHILDRESS!!!!

Ah yes C Mac D, the proper phrasing to redden the face of any "bible thumper", however, you forget that I served 22 years in the military and have not only heard but have used far worse than this myself, with exception of two pharses GD and JC.
No particular reason that I can explain, just my own personal hang up.

One should, however, try to refrain not because it might shock but rather that it cast doubt on ones maturaation and erudition.
A more proper phrasing I offer to you, "You are cordially invited to perform aeronautical coition upon a sephericaly moving toroidal shaped pastry.
"

Good day sir ;D

FuadFan
10-06-2008, 05:23 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

We didn't
cut

yes.

correct me if i'm wrong, but Was Hendrson not a 2nd round pick?
when was Herron drafted?

(i honestly don't know, someone please fill me in)
Do you think Henderson was more game ready then Herron was at the same point in their career.
I'm all for giving players chances, but I don't think this is the right time.
We are in desperate need of wins, now is not the time to risk it on unknown players.
At least with Thomas, we know what we're getting.

He was an undrafted FA from last year and that still doesn't change the idea that you can wait till after this upcoming game to see how Herron does before calling for players that didn't make another teams roster.

For the record I'm not against us signing Thomas just the notion that you can't wait to see how Herron does before Thomas must be signed.

Purple Floyd
10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Injuries happen in the NFL.

If this staff is what they claim to be they will find a way to put somebody in there and carry on. If they don't know how to do that after all of the talk about the excess of depth on the team in the offseason then i guess they should step down and let somebody else do it.

Formo
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
This bites.

We'll see how Herron does tonight..
Hopefully if he doesn't do so hot, Erin is ready to jump in.

I'm all for signing D. Thomas.
I thought we was a more than efficient back up, didn't understand letting him go.

I'm sure Willis helped Thomas not sticking in San Fran..
Although I'm not sure how good the other 3 backers they have are.

mountainviking
10-06-2008, 06:58 PM
That fricken blows!!
Wow.
Not helping our situation at all!!

I'm all for bringing back DT!
Kid's got experience at all three LB positions, speed and size, and plays some good STs too.
I remember him stepping in very nicely when needed in the past...to the tune of 13 or so tackles.
I think he's a no brainer!!!!!
I'm not sure why he was cut, but The 49ers have invested several picks and some FA money at LB the past few years...Takeo Spikes is the other guy in the middle there now.

x-ray jeff
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Very disappointing.
:'(
Henderson is my favorite defender. Do we know which toes he dislocated? Anterior/ posterior dislocation?
No fracture mentioned, probably some serious ligament damage I guess. Gotta hurt something fierce. Get well soon EJ.

FuadFan
10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/10/henderson_has_surgery_today_on.html

The truth of E.J's injury. Does any body know what having reconstructive foot surgery means for him being ready for next season?