PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush Predictions

PurpleMafia
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
This guy has been hit or miss his entire career. By hit or miss, I mean he either scores 4 touchdowns and gets 200 total yards, or he catches a ball for 10 yards, and gets 0 rushing yards. What do you think it will be tonight? I personally think his performance will decide this game. If we shut him down, we win. If not, this could be a long day. Hopefully the Vikings shut him down and win on my birthday :)

My prediction is 50 recieving yards, and 35 rushing yards with one touchdown.

Del Rio
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I predict he gets injured in the 2nd quarter and sits the rest of the game, goes home and taps his girlfriends big juicy ass to make him feel better after losing the game.

Amen

cyviking
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM
he misses the game because he was swallowed by kim Kardashians giant can....

I would guess about 50 yrds rushing and 50 yrds recieving w/ 0 TD's.

pack93z
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Depends how they plan to utilize him.. if they can get him on the edges of this defense.. I think he will have a pretty solid day.

He seems to struggle with fast defenses.. teams that effectively support he outer edges of the field. Meaning teams with speedy backers or physical corners that challenge him on the edges.

Another factor is Deuce.. he had his first impactful day in a while.. how many touches does Reggie get?

I would say he will be more of a factor in the passing game and relatively ineffective in the running game.. he is soft.

BTW.. good luck to the Vikes tonight.. can pull right back into the division race with a win. If you call it a race.. we look like a non factor with our play lately.. the Bears.. I don't buy them as being a playoff team with that offense.

Derek Rick
10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I believe that he will score on a screen pass. I believe he will end the game with 100 total yards and 1 touchdown i hope i am wrong and our defense shuts him down. I hate Bush i have never liked the guy so i hope AD for All Day and Vikings beat him.

Del Rio
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
With EJ being out (so I hear) he could be a problem. We have a fast defense so getting a shot at him regardless of when and where he is shouldnt be a problem. Form tackling and teamwork is what is in question.

Drew Brees scares me more. He better be on teh ground half the game or it is going to be ugly.

PurpleSun
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Why would they bother to run?
Vikes have a great run D and NO has a bad run O.
Vikes have a average
pass D and NO has an excellent pass O.

Bush and McAllister will get the occasional run, but I expect NO to be 3 or 4 wide most of the game.

Del Rio
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I believe they suppliment short passing plays instead of running plays. Same principle speed, awareness, and team tackling can handle that.

pack93z
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
How do you attack the edges of the field with a RB..

Swings, sweeps and screens.. Tosses to.. but that wasn't an 'S'
;D

The is the only place Bush really is consistently effective.. outside the hashs. If you can match him out there.. you can contain him.

jessejames09
10-06-2008, 01:10 PM
"pack93z" wrote:

Depends how they plan to utilize him.. if they can get him on the edges of this defense.. I think he will have a pretty solid day.

He seems to struggle with fast defenses.. teams that effectively support he outer edges of the field. Meaning teams with speedy backers or physical corners that challenge him on the edges.

Another factor is Deuce.. he had his first impactful day in a while.. how many touches does Reggie get?

I would say he will be more of a factor in the passing game and relatively ineffective in the running game.. he is soft.

BTW.. good luck to the Vikes tonight.. can pull right back into the division race with a win. If you call it a race.. we look like a non factor with our play lately.. the Bears.. I don't buy them as being a playoff team with that offense.

Hahaha. That reminds me of the song 'Special Olympics'
by Stephen Lynch.

[spoken]
Verse Two
[singing]
Kid with downs wins the race, even though he stood in place, olympics.
At the special...(laughter)olympics.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Special-Olympics-lyrics-Stephen-Lynch/A3825EF76ADE00834825705E002BD90C

Purple Floyd
10-06-2008, 01:11 PM
My prediction:

Pain

ThorSPL
10-06-2008, 01:33 PM
"Del" wrote:

I predict he gets injured in the 2nd quarter and sits the rest of the game, goes home and taps his girlfriends big juicy ass to make him feel better after losing the game.

Amen

ROFL

+1

El Vikingo
10-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I predict Bush will be Phat Pat ´s bitch
all nite long , and I propose what
i
always propose ,during and offensive drive hijacking Brees from the bench and substitute him with Lolinger In a saints uniform,then play with Brees and the Saints with Lolinger (or Booty I donñt really mind),that would make us get a W.

DeathtoDenny
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Reggie Bush is a scum bag and should have his Heisman taken away. I'm also tied in fantasy, and I have AD going against Bush. May he fumble and blow out his knee his first touch.

COJOMAY
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
18 yards rushing -- 23 passing

Marrdro
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't think you will see him around Phat Pat or Kevin if thier staff uses him right.
Look to see him on Griffs side of the ball alot looking for underneath/short stuff with Devery Henderson stretching us deep on that side to open things up a bit.

Additionally, I look to see Deuce hitting it up in the middle of the line to keep our DL honest.

Only way to knullify that is for our Offense to stay on the field, score points and take the running game out of the equation so the play action doesn't work.

Of course a little pressure from our front 4 on the DL would help as well.

Mr Anderson
10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

My prediction:

Pain

I like it :D

I wish EJ was playing, I can picture him crushing Bush like Sheldon Brown did.

CTVikingfan
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
22 carries -11 yds 1reception +2 yds and a knee sprain nothing major just some time off.

Chazz
10-06-2008, 03:22 PM
If the way we contained Chris Johnson last week is any indicator; two walk in TDs, one on the left, one on the right; then Bush will be spelled, T-R-O-U-B-L-E, for us.

kevoncox
10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
"Chazz" wrote:

If the way we contained Chris Johnson last week is any indicator; two walk in TDs, one on the left, one on the right; then Bush will be spelled, T-R-O-U-B-L-E, for us.

Johnson had 75 total yards from a guy averaging about 150. I think we handled him pretty well.
The two Tds could have gone to anyone via pass or run.
We weren't burnt like people seem to think.

i_bleed_purple
10-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I think he'll be dangerous to us.
Rushing, 75 yards in 13 carries, (52 coming off
a long TD run) 49 yards passing and a TD

HEY
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Rushing yards: 6 carries, 14 yards, 0 TDs
Receiving yards: 5 receptions, 57 yards, 1 TD

He will have trouble running on us (of course, we're the best run defense!), but he will be dangerous when catching the ball.

PackSux!
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I already predicted that he would be a bust when he was drafted.
Nothing has changed.

Purple Floyd
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

My prediction:

Pain

I like it :D

I wish EJ was playing, I can picture him crushing Bush like Sheldon Brown did.

i didn't have time to look this up before:

<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-m5fwjjob4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NodakPaul
10-06-2008, 05:23 PM
"PurpleMafia" wrote:

This guy has been hit or miss his entire career. By hit or miss, I mean he either scores 4 touchdowns and gets 200 total yards, or he catches a ball for 10 yards, and gets 0 rushing yards. What do you think it will be tonight? I personally think his performance will decide this game. If we shut him down, we win. If not, this could be a long day. Hopefully the Vikings shut him down and win on my birthday :)

He has never gotten 200 total yards.
The closest he has even come is a couple of games in 2006 in which he had 120+ receiving yards and 30+ rushing.
So to say that he is hit or miss is to grossly overestimate his "hit" games.

I don't think that the game hinges on his performance at all - instead I think the game hinges on Brees, who is currently leading the NFL's top passing attack.
I would worry more about him.

HEY
10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-m5fwjjob4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL! LOL! LOL!
I loved it!
;D

Purple Floyd
10-06-2008, 05:32 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleMafia" wrote:

He has never gotten 200 total yards.
The closest he has even come is a couple of games in 2006 in which he had 120+ receiving yards and 30+ rushing.
So to say that he is hit or miss is to grossly overestimate his "hit" games.

I don't think that the game hinges on his performance at all - instead I think the game hinges on Brees, who is currently leading the NFL's top passing attack.
I would worry more about him.

Pain!! ;)