PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD!!!!

SharperImage42
09-28-2008, 04:45 PM
We are about 2 weeks away from the deadline, and after seeing Bernard "Gimme my money" Berrian dropping passes left and right it seems we might need to trade for Roy Williams or Torry Holt.Even though Frerrotte is a beast, we need to snag Bulger, he would fit this offense so well.

LETS DISCUSS!!

olson_10
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
gus played a good game, however, if marc bulger is truly available, then thats a no brainer for the vikes..whether or not he can learn the offense enough to play anytime soon, its a great long term move

DiehardVikesFan
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Has Bulger even played a 16 game season before?
Either way, he has had a couple good years but he doesn't look like a good long term solution to me.

V4L
09-28-2008, 04:51 PM
T-jack

olson_10
09-28-2008, 04:53 PM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

Either way, he has had a couple good years but he doesn't look like a good long term solution to me.

tarvaris jackson and gus frerotte seem like far more feasible options

DiehardVikesFan
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

Probably since by the time we got Bulger in there we will be out of the playoffs.
Bulger is also 31 and wasn't very affective last year.
And how likely do you think it is that the Rams trade Bulger to anyone, let alone a team in their own conference?

SharperImage42
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
aside from the QB i was just watching Santana Moss and i got jealous that they have recievers like him, and we have garbage ones(other than my boy Rice).

V4L
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

Probably since by the time we got Bulger in there we will be out of the playoffs.
Bulger is also 31 and wasn't very affective last year.
And how likely do you think it is that the Rams trade Bulger to anyone, let alone a team in their own conference?

I dont think they care

They wont win more then 5 games this year

jkjuggalo
09-28-2008, 04:58 PM
LOL at Gus playing a good game.

How can you say he played a good game when he had two turnovers that created points for the opponent?
He also had two pointless delay of game penalties coming out of a break!
Horrible game management by Gus and the coaching staff.

Anyway, as to the content of this thread, I do think a trade is a good idea.
I don't think trading for a QB now would help us this season, especially if Bevell and Childress continue to have a hand in calling the plays for this offense.
A WR would be great, but because he is a FA after this season Roy Williams is out of the question unless he signs a long term contract before the trade is through.
What about trading McKinnie and Berrian for Andre Johnson and Sage Rosenfels?
What would the cap penalties be for something like that?
I think we could go the rest of the year without BMac because Hick has held his own against some tough DEs.
We could draft a LT in next year's draft, as there should be several good ones coming out.

V4L
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

aside from the QB i was just watching Santana Moss and i got jealous that they have recievers like him, and we have garbage ones(other than my boy Rice).

Pretty sure Wade and Berrian played solid.. Expecially Wade

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

because either of our existing qb's has played a full season.
If you honestly believe we are better with what we have you need your brain examined.
I'd gladly take him missing 3 games a year, if it meant winning more than 8 just once.
He did so terrible because ST. Lous's OL sucked, their D sucked, so he was always in a position to pass, and the Dline knew that.
Our Dline is better, and should even improve once McKinnie gets back.

SharperImage42
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

if dropping a sure TD is solid, than ya i guess your right Berrian did play solid. But wade, hes a stud.

olson_10
09-28-2008, 05:05 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

because either of our existing qb's has played a full season.

If you honestly believe we are better with what we have you need your brain examined.
I'd gladly take him missing 3 games a year, if it meant winning more than 8 just once.
He did so terrible because ST. Lous's OL sucked, their D sucked, so he was always in a position to pass, and the Dline knew that.
Our Dline is better, and should even improve once McKinnie gets back.

bulger is the way to go if they really want to make a statement

in my eyes, if the vikes play out the rest of this season with gus and jackson, then theyre practically throwing in the towel on the year..theyve already proven they cant beat the better teams in the league with what theyve got, so sticking with what theyve got would be the same as them admitting the season is now meaningless and that they terribly mis-evaluated things this offseason

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

if dropping a sure TD is solid, than ya i guess your right Berrian did play solid. But wade, hes a stud.

LMAO
has it gotten so bad here that we call wade a stud?
Our recievers are so terrible, that when a guy catches 3 in a row he's god.

Its actually funny now how much we suck at football.
Wade played average.
Know why?
he caught the ball, but here's the shocker ITS TO BE EXPECTED.
he did nothing extraordinary, he caught the ball and nothing more.

SharperImage42
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
we give up a couple picks and get holt and bulger, that would be legendary.

olson_10
09-28-2008, 05:09 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

LMAO

Wade played average.
Know why?

have you watched the minnesota vikings at any point over the last 3 years? id say wade has looked better than any other pass catcher on the vikings over the past 3-4 years

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2008, 05:11 PM
my point exactly, he looks better than any pass catcher on teh VIKINGS.
compare him to other teams, and he looks very average.
Its because we suck so bad, by comparison, he looks incredible.

Mr Anderson
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

"SharperImage42" wrote:

LMAO

Wade played average.
Know why?

Interesting.

We start running an offense similar to Philadephia's when we get a new head coach who was Philly's OC.

Philly was notorious for having bad receivers and a lot of dropped passes, even though most of them were clearly talented players.

The same thing has happened in Minnesota.

Common denominator? The coaching.

Childress has to go.

ThorSPL
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I am NOT a B wade fan but the kid seems to find a way to get open.... catches the ball when thrown to him, etc.
hard to really get on him for anything; he does what is asked of him.

Berrian had one shitty game.
Rice wasn't on the field enough.
Gus looked bad.

We have a problem.

All signs look to everybody sucking --> which makes me think COACHING may be our issue.

SharperImage42
09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
i think Obama would be a great Coach.. he might put some motivation into T-jack or Gus, hell he might even get Robert Smith to come back to backup AP. you never know

olson_10
09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

I am NOT a B wade fan but the kid seems to find a way to get open.... catches the ball when thrown to him, etc.

Berrian had one poohie game.
Gus looked bad.

We have a problem.

All signs look to everybody sucking --> which makes me think COACHING may be our issue.

wow...

jackson was actually SO horrible, that hes now made everybody expect 56 points from gus

jkjuggalo
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

Berrian had one poohie game.
Gus looked bad.

We have a problem.

wow...

jackson was actually SO horrible, that hes now made everybody expect 56 points from gus

No, we just want him to out-perform Kerry Collins, a QB that has worse receivers to throw to than us.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
WTF!!!!
Why ar epeople still talking about Trading Mac. He is our best Lineman. I thought that would be apperant the way Hanseworth manhandled Hutch. Notice how man times he was in the back field? Hutch is average at
Pass blocking. With Mac back we will run to the left side.

Do you want to change this team? I'll tell you how!!!

This season:
1) Trade for Shelton Brown. Griffen is not the answer he cannot cover the come back. I don't remember seeing him deflect a pass this season.
2) Bring back Culepper. He is available and wants to play. He could be a decent Qb for us. Certaininly he would be better than Gus( average) and TJ ( terrible)

Offseason:
1) Fire Childress in the offseason. Honestly, he is the reason why we are in this spot. 2 seasons of not haveing an acceptable back up or moves to bring in a good QB is unacceptable. His regime cannot draft offensive talent. AD was a gift from got to drop # 7 when he should ave been # 1. Everything else has been sh*t......

AD = Luck
Rice = Injury proven and hasnt done sh*t
Cook = Plays like shit and gets manhandled. I don't care what position he played in college. 3rd year and he still gets destroyed. Its not his fault but the staff should not have him out there.
TJ - Need I say more
AA - makes 1 catch a game and we think he's good.

2) Do Not trade for Bulger.... 60 million reasons why!!!!!!!
3) Sign Mike Vick next year. Yes I am serious.
He atleast knows when to take off and run.
4) Stay away from Anderson - Big contract and he suck
5) If we must trade Mac, Trade him for Boldin.

Make the cuts you have to:

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
QB) Warner, Grossman and or Garcia, Let them or Culpepper battle it out to start.
TE) E. Johnson or Lenard Pope
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

midgensa
09-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Eh ... I would not hate a trade for Bulger ... but that is a lot of money for a QB that looks like he might be done.
As for receiver ... I am fairly happy with what we got. Berrian made some plays ... and dropped a couple today. Happens, but as a whole I have been fairly happy with him this year. Also surprised that he is a very solid run-blocker.
I know 1-3 does not feel good ... but two of the losses are on the road at places where teams might lost 2 or 3 games all year (Green Bay might only lose the Cowboys game at Lambeau and the Titans might go 8-0 in Nashville).
The Colts loss REALLY bothers me because we had a big lead at home and blew it, but honestly ... we have lost three games where we were UNDERDOGS and we were in all three. I can't get but so pissy about it.
Making crazy trades is not usually the answer in football ... too much to learn too quickly to be effective.
Gonna have to stick it out with what we have ... and with the Green Bay loss ... no reason to hit the panic button yet.

grpape
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!
Why ar epeople still talking about Trading Mac. He is our best Lineman. I thought that would be apperant the way Hanseworth manhandled Hutch. Notice how man times he was in the back field? Hutch is average at

This season:
1) Trade for Shelton Brown. Griffen is not the answer he cannot cover the come back. I don't remember seeing him deflect a pass this season.
2) Bring back Culepper. He is available and wants to play. He could be a decent Qb for us. Certaininly he would be better than Gus( average) and TJ ( terrible)

Offseason:
1) Fire Childress in the offseason. Honestly, he is the reason why we are in this spot. 2 seasons of not haveing an acceptable back up or moves to bring in a good QB is unacceptable. His regime cannot draft offensive talent. AD was a gift from got to drop # 7 when he should ave been # 1. Everything else has been sh*t......

AD = Luck
Cook = Plays like pooh and gets manhandled. I don't care what position he played in college. 3rd year and he still gets destroyed. Its not his fault but the staff should not have him out there.
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
QB) Warner, Grossman and or Garcia, Let them or Culpepper battle it out to start.
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

You're so hell bent on keeping Big Mac. But where is he on your starting OL roster?

ultravikingfan
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
Cook = Plays like shit and gets manhandled. I don't care what position he played in college. 3rd year and he still gets destroyed. Its not his fault but the staff should not have him out there.
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

Mac is our best lineman?
LOL!

Hutch is our best.
I believe that somebody reported last year that Hutch did not allow a sack.
And you say he is average at pass blocking?
KK is usually a little off the wall, but that is insane.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
Cook = Plays like pooh and gets manhandled. I don't care what position he played in college. 3rd year and he still gets destroyed. Its not his fault but the staff should not have him out there.
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

Mac is our best lineman?
LOL!

Hutch is our best.

He looked real good today getting manhandled by Hanseworth and Brown. He is great amazing at run blocking but his pass blocking skills are slightly above average.

When i watch games I see, sloppy exchanges with him ant the tackles and center. I see him getting pushed back and lastly he gives ups on plays sometimes. I don't just crown him the best because he's well known. I watch games and replays....Funny with Mac out AD is has yet to hae a big run to Hutch's side? Whats up with that?
Like I said, Mac is our best Lineman.

ultravikingfan
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

Mac is our best lineman?
LOL!

Hutch is our best.

He looked real good today getting manhandled by Hanseworth and Brown. He is great amazing at run blocking but his pass blocking skills are slightly above average.

When i watch games I see, sloppy exchanges with him ant the tackles and center. I see him getting pushed back and lastly he gives ups on plays sometimes. I don't just crown him the best because he's well known. I watch games and replays....Funny with Mac out AD is has yet to hae a big run to Hutch's side? Whats up with that?
Like I said, Mac is our best Lineman.

Brown plays the left side of the line.
Hutch plays left side of the line.
So how did he get manhandled?

jessejames09
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

That team would put the 07 Dolphins to shame. Mike Vick and Daunte would be the worlds dumbest QB unit.

ItalianStallion
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

i think Obama would be a great Coach.. he might put some motivation into T-jack or Gus, hell he might even get Robert Smith to come back to backup AP. you never know

Obama is a bears fan.
Nobody wants him here...

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

That team would put the 07 Dolphins to shame. Mike Vick and Daunte would be the worlds dumbest QB unit.

He was dumb enough to make the playoffs.
Dumb enough to throw for over 30 TDs multiple times
Good thing our Qbs are much smarter now.
Why do people put their feet in their mouths so much?

jkjuggalo
09-28-2008, 08:55 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

I'll tell you why people are talking about trading Mac: he is expendable.
Hicks has proven to be serviceable as a LT going up against some of the toughest defensive ends in the league.
McKinnie is a liability off the field and sometimes in pass protection.
I'd rather trade McKinnie for a stud WR and have Hicks finish the year at LT than keep McKinnie and keep throwing to our misfit WR corps.
Like I said, if we could pry away Andre Johnson and Sage Rosenfels from the Texans, that would be a huge boost to our offense.
Maybe the first four games Hicks played didn't convince you, but someday you will see that McKinnie is not the most important player on our offensive unit.

Reignman
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM
NO not Pepper, he was a turn-over machine. Some of you want Tice back too. Are you guys insane? You want to trade our current misery for old misery? lol

DustinDupont
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
"Reignman" wrote:

NO not Pepper, he was a turn-over machine. Some of you want Tice back too. Are you guys insane? You want to trade our current misery for old misery? lol

The team that Tice had was 50% worst then the team we have now.... and we went to the playoffs with tice...

SharperImage42
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

WTF!!!!

This season:

Offseason:

AD = Luck
TJ - Need I say more

1) Tj and Gus.
2) Ferge, AA, Wade
3) Shank and Dugan
4) Griffen

Sign:
LT) Jordan Gross.
C - Birk..
This will give us -

Qb - Pepper
RB - AD
FB -
WR - Boldin
WR - BB
TE - Pope
LT - Gross
OG - Hutct
C - Birk
RG- Herrea
RT - Hicks

Hang on wait, have you ever watched a game of football in your life?? Mike Vick over Bulger is what you basically said right? These run first option quarterbacks all suck, there are qb's who can run and pass but VICK IS NOT ONE OF THEM!

get over it, Vick is going to the raiders mark my words.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
We cant afford Bulgers 60 million salary guys. That why i sid Bring Vick in. Again vick had 4 offensive
coor. in 5 years. A lot of his issues were not his fault. Heck as bad as he was he was 10 better than TJ and we stuck by him.
Vick will come cheap and we can groom another Qb in if he struggles. Again I said let Vick, Warner battle it out.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
"Reignman" wrote:

Year all those old miseries of beating the Pack and making the playoffs.
Damn how can we ever put up with that. What's sad is Bretts 6 tds wont be capped by this team till week 10

Schutz
09-28-2008, 09:47 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

We cant afford Bulgers 60 million salary guys. That why i sid Bring Vick in. Again vick had 4 offensive
coor. in 5 years. A lot of his issues were not his fault. Heck as bad as he was he was 10 better than TJ and we stuck by him.
Vick will come cheap and we can groom another Qb in if he struggles. Again I said let Vick, Warner battle it out.

Are you kidding me?
I mean maybe, MAYBE I'd agree with bringing in Vick if he would have finished his contract with the Falcons in good standing or we traded for him while he was still playing but not now.

I would much rather the Vikings trade for and take a risk with an unproven athletic QB like David Dixon before we bring in a guy who's been in prison for a couple of years out of football and will have the entire animal community protesting every Vikings game.

And even if he shook the prison "rust" off he'd be just like he always was, and mediocre QB with legs, we already have that.

Reignman
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Reignman" wrote:

The team that Tice had was 50% worst then the team we have now.... and we went to the playoffs with tice...
I would say our offense was as good as our defense is now, but unfortunately our defense was as bad as our offense is now, so I'd call it a toss up. And we only went to the playoffs once under Tice with an 8-8 team and I hardly call 8-8 a playoff team lol, the NFL just needed a 6th team to fulfill their requirement of 6 teams per conference. The AFC had 3 9-7 teams miss the playoffs that year (2004). Of course if the NFL would have eliminated that stupid "push-out" rule in '03, a certain miracle in the desert wouldn't have happened and Tice would have won the North. 5 years late on that one NFL
>:(.

And yeah as talented of a running/scrambling QB as Vick is, I don't think the Vikes will want that distraction.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 09:56 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Are you kidding me?
I mean maybe, MAYBE I'd agree with bringing in Vick if he would have finished his contract with the Falcons in good standing or we traded for him while he was still playing but not now.

I would much rather the Vikings trade for and take a risk with an unproven athletic QB like David Dixon before we bring in a guy who's been in prison for a couple of years out of football and will have the entire animal community protesting every Vikings game.

And even if he shook the prison "rust" off he'd be just like he always was, and mediocre QB with legs, we already have that.

Yeah he was mediocre enought to pushing us and add us to his higlight tape. As much as people hate Vick, he turned the corner the year before his imprisonment. He looked damn good in some games and is a weapon. To compare Vick to Tj is laughable. Tj is a poor, blind mans, Vick. Vick forced defenses to spy him. Imagine if you add that to them already worried about peterson. We should get great looks down field at will.

Also no ones has ever disputed the termoil that the falcons were in before Vick and the fact that he turned them into a competative team. Heck they made playoffs a couple of times. The changes in head coaches, and OC stunted his growth. No QB can learn a new system every year and be expected to excel. Lets try to be as unbaised as possible.
Brett is 1 of the greatest Qbs of all time and he admits that he is having problems picking up the playbook after a change. Now imaginge having 6 different play calling systems for twins right hook and slide. Cut the guys some slack. I don't care about Peta. Once we starts winning and he stays out of trouble, they will leave and the media will not have a story about it. Heard any Pac - man stories recently?

Sajid28
09-28-2008, 09:59 PM
why on earth would some of you guys want bulger? hes like .5 chromosomes away from being a girl. the guy is injury prone.

vick cant throw for crap and is not gonna be the same vick especially since of how long he has been out of football.

culpepper? lol u guys want the statue (the guy who freezes when he sees a defense) back? did u forget that he avg's 1 fumble a game? cant read a defense unless he has moss lining up to him?

i dont want a one year wonder like trent green, warner nor garcia.

As for berrian, some of you guys dont understand that he has played with a decent qb just for 2 games. and his numbers dont look that bad. its better than how they looked with tjoke.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
"Reignman" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Reignman" wrote:

I would say our offense was as good as our defense is now, but unfortunately our defense was as bad as our offense is now, so I'd call it a toss up. And we only went to the playoffs once under Tice with an 8-8 team and I hardly call 8-8 a playoff team lol, the NFL just needed a 6th team to fulfill their requirement of 6 teams per conference. The AFC had 3 9-7 teams miss the playoffs that year (2004). Of course if the NFL would have eliminated that stupid "push-out" rule in '03, a certain miracle in the desert wouldn't have happened and Tice would have won the North. 5 years late on that one NFL
>:(.

And yeah as talented of a running/scrambling QB as Vick is, I don't think the Vikes will want that distraction.

I would take 8-8 and in the playoffs then outside looking in.
Heck we got to the divisional game and lost to the Eagles who went to the Superbowl.
Our offense is way better than out defense was. We have talent on Offense. Our Defense was pretty bear. Our Lbs were turnstyles.

Again, all i said was bring the guy into compete.
Can you really say that Vick or Pepper isnt an upgrade at this point?
I also entioned Warner and Garcia as options. Yet everyone focuses on the dog killer....How is lenard Little the man killer? No one ever talks about huh?

Purple Floyd
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
IMO Bulger got his big contract too soon and I think he was overpaid.

Yes, the talent on that team is bad. Maybe even worse than what we have but I don't see him as the guy who would put the team on his shoulders so to say and lead them to victory..If the situation is right he can be a good QB but he isn't going to make those around him better and rise to the occasion.

In the end with this staff and this system we might just as well keep what we have because this is as good as it will get.

kevoncox
09-28-2008, 11:05 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Yes, the talent on that team is bad. Maybe even worse than what we have but I don't see him as the guy who would put the team on his shoulders so to say and lead them to victory..If the situation is right he can be a good QB but he isn't going to make those around him better and rise to the occasion.

In the end with this staff and this system we might just as well keep what we have because this is as good as it will get.

Hence... fire childress.
Bring in Greg Williams....
Atleast we know he will field a good defense.

oaklandzoo24
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
check this link out...would chilly and this organization really put up with Mr. Ocho Cinco...i think not.
But maybe we snag Housh or Roy Williams, im all up for that!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradebait100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

PackSux!
10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
If we do any trade this year it better be for a quarterback.
Not just any quarterback but a quarterback that is young and good and will only get better.
Gus is our solution this year but other than that we have no future quarterback(unless Booty pans out).

Dont even bother saying that Jackson is our future because that is just plain silly.

28AllDay
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
check this link out...would chilly and this organization really put up with Mr. Ocho Cinco...i think not.
But maybe we snag Housh or Roy Williams, im all up for that! Housh would be more likely because he's not in our divishion. Agreed both would be a good fit but who would we trade him for Big Mac??

Prophet
10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
<24 hrs away...

nailhead77
10-13-2008, 04:50 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Have to disagree with some of that.
Bulger might be overpaid but he is still better than most QBs in the league right now.
The rams o-line is pitifull, remember they have steven jackson and he is struggling as well but i still consider him a stud.........dont you?
I would say bulger has 4-5 good years left in him and if we were lucky enough to get him, that would give us plenty of time to groom a "franchise" QB while still having a chance to win.

I havent read all the posts' in this thread but i wonder if palmer will want out of cincy?

Palmer or Bulger would be huge difference makers for the vikings (IMO).

We probably should worry about a coach first though eh?

HEY
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Put Peyton Manning on our team and we are 100 % shure to get to the Super Bowl!