PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss it? What happened to Tapeh?

COJOMAY
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Tapeh was on the "inactive" players list this week. What happened? Did I miss something? Tahi started in his place and I noticed he did catch one short pass. I thought we brought Tapeh in and payed him some pretty good money to be our starting Fullback. He was suppose to be a good blocker. Man, he just disappeared into the depth's of nothingness.

Zeus
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Tapeh was on the "inactive" players list this week. What happened? Did I miss something? Tahi started in his place and I noticed he did catch one short pass. I thought we brought Tapeh in and payed him some pretty good money to be our starting Fullback. He was suppose to be a good blocker. Man, he just disappeared into the depth's of nothingness.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/29201479.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

Tapeh was active but did not get a play on offense the week before against Indianapolis. He sighed when asked about his situation.

"You need to ask Coach that question," he said. "Every athlete wants one thing, and that's to play. But you know what? I'm here, I can support the team [in] other ways."

=Z=

Garland Greene
09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
2 of the 3 FB where inactive. Makes you wonder why we have 3 on the roster then. ???

COJOMAY
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm not alone in knowing the answer. Seems no one does. Whew! Thought I was losing it for a moment.
:D

DustinDupont
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
i wonder what he did...

funkyasflea
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

i wonder what he did...

Maybe spoke his mind about Tarvaris not starting?
(Rumors rumors rumors!!!!!)

DustinDupont
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
"funkyasflea" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

i wonder what he did...

Maybe spoke his mind about Tarvaris not starting?
(Rumors rumors rumors!!!!!)

well he didnt play in the indy game either

ejmat
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
From what I heard (no link) Tahi beat him put for the spot.

COJOMAY
09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Cripes, if Tahi beat him out, that speaks volumes about how lousy our fullbacks are.

Zeus
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Cripes, if Tahi beat him out, that speaks volumes about how lousy our fullbacks are.

I like Tahi.
I think he's a devastating blocker with quick feet and soft hands.

=Z=

C Mac D
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I like Tahi.

=Z=

And we all know how you feel about men with soft hands...

Zeus
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
"C" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I like Tahi.

Chafing is an issue for us all.

=Z=

Formo
09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I like Tahi.

=Z=

OMG, do we know it!
That's the WORST!

I haven't seen much of Tahi to formulate any sort of opinion on him, but I really liked Tapeh.
Is he under strict orders not to talk to the media about his 'demotion'?
Or what?

Another question..
If the Vikings only keep 1-2 FBs active on the weekly roster, why are they 'wasting' a spot on the 3rd?
Or is the 3rd Mills/Kleinsasser?

FuadFan
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I like Tahi.

=Z=

OMG, do we know it!
That's the WORST!

I haven't seen much of Tahi to formulate any sort of opinion on him, but I really liked Tapeh.
Or what?

Another question..
If the Vikings only keep 1-2 FBs active on the weekly roster, why are they 'wasting' a spot on the 3rd?

I'd say it's about being versatile and for the future. Tahi is IMO also our 4th RB in addition to his FB duties and with Dugan he can be a TE as well as FB so while it may not be popular I could see him taking Jimmy K's job as blocking TE next year when he is a FA.

V4L
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Tahi blows

I cant stand him

marshallvike
09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

I like Tahi.

=Z=

OMG, do we know it!
That's the WORST!

Or what?

Another question..

I'd say it's about being versatile and for the future. Tahi is IMO also our 4th RB in addition to his FB duties and with Dugan he can be a TE as well as FB so while it may not be popular I could see him taking Jimmy K's job as blocking TE next year when he is a FA.

gol 'darnit good thing our crack coaching staff was able to figure out that richardson sucked and was therefore expendable. tapeh is just too good to keep tony on the roster. ;)

kevoncox
09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I like Tahi.

=Z=

OMG, do we know it!
That's the WORST!

Or what?

Another question..

gol 'darnit good thing our crack coaching staff was able to figure out that richardson sucked and was therefore expendable. tapeh is just too good to keep tony on the roster. ;)

I see what you did there : P

SamOchoCinco
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
go figure

we let a pro bowler go and sign a unproven fullback.

what on earth were we thinking?

FuadFan
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
"SamOchoCinco" wrote:

go figure

we let a pro bowler go and sign a unproven fullback.

what on earth were we thinking?

It doesn't matter, whether it will be Tapeh or Tahi they wanted a young fullback that we use for more years
then the one year Richardson may have left.

SamOchoCinco
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah thats true.

but still. i would love to have had richardson for one more year and keep more veteranness in our locker room.

but you are right fuad. they are young. and they still have to adjust to our offence. well tapeh does