PDA

View Full Version : Five things we learned from the Colts...

NodakPaul
09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/14/5things.colts.vikings/index.html

1. Never, ever, ever, ever count Peyton Manning out ... and we mean never. I'm still not sure how Indianapolis escaped this Teflon-roofed boom box of a football stadium with its first victory of the season, and I watched the entire thing unfold before my eyes. I have no business even pointing out the Colts had no business winning this game...

Pretty good article.

Zeus
09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/14/5things.colts.vikings/index.html

1. Never, ever, ever, ever count Peyton Manning out ... and we mean never. I'm still not sure how Indianapolis escaped this Teflon-roofed boom box of a football stadium with its first victory of the season, and I watched the entire thing unfold before my eyes. I have no business even pointing out the Colts had no business winning this game...

Pretty good article.

Yup, read it this AM.
Banks is spot on with his analysis, I'm afraid.

=Z=

NodakPaul
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
But it is broke, because as talented as Peterson is, you're not often going to beat the Colts kicking five field goals. For most of the game, Indy put eight men in the box in order to stop Peterson, who still ran 29 times for a game-best 160 yards. The Colts were daring Jackson to beat them with his arm, and he didn't rise to the challenge.

Dead on.

C Mac D
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
That Joseph Addai can get TD's without entering the endzone... that's what I learned.

Formo
09-15-2008, 04:20 PM
"C" wrote:

That Joseph Addai can get TD's without entering the endzone... that's what I learned.

Haha!

Yeah.
Teams will continue to dare the Vikings to beat them in the air.
I wonder how freakishly good that offense would be if they had '98 Moss along with Peterson..

Purple Floyd
09-15-2008, 04:25 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Haha!

Yeah.
I wonder how freakishly good that offense would be if they had '98 Moss along with Peterson..

Depends.

I would look at it like this:

If we had the 98 offense and include AD and our present defense....

Aww Fuck it, we just have to get the job done with what we have.

Formo
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Haha!

Yeah.

Depends.

I would look at it like this:

If we had the 98 offense and include AD and our present defense....

Aww Fuck it, we just have to get the job done with what we have.

Yeah, see, typically I wouldn't even think about AP on the '98 team, or Moss on the current team.
But, I need something to keep my interest.
This offense certainly isn't doing it.