PDA

View Full Version : WOW

gabe_menendez
09-14-2008, 02:26 PM
People need to stop booing are qb. receivers are not getting open not his fauly were playing the damn colts man and are fans are booing him when were winning/.

HEY
09-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, I hate it when some fans do that. Way to help our young QB out lol.

MuzikQ
09-14-2008, 02:57 PM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

People need to stop booing are qb. receivers are not getting open not his fauly were playing the gol 'darnit colts man and are fans are booing him when were winning/.

Dude the guy sucks, are you not watching the game..The QB leads everything, and TJ is leading the vikings to other loss..I promise if this was other QB like gus for example, we wouldn't be having this problem..

kspurplepride
09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
if you honestly think gus would be a better starting option you obviously know very little about football

CaptainKirk
09-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Jackson is a 3rd year QB and is playing like a rookie.
If the Vikings lose, I blame him as well as Childress for the piss-poor play calling.

CaptainKirk
09-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Make that WHEN the Vikings lose.
:'(

nailhead77
09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
"kspurplepride" wrote:

if you honestly think gus would be a better starting option you obviously know very little about football

how could he do worse?

the running game will still be there.
True there was a big drop in the endzone by shank but t-jackoff missed bad on some key throws.
the deep out to bb was poorly thrown and that was a big play.
again on the go route to bb, well underthrown.
I am all for trying gus and ill bet he doesnt get scared and will complete the 5-10 yrd passes and thats all we need.

vikesfargo
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

People need to stop booing are qb. receivers are not getting open not his fauly were playing the gol 'darnit colts man and are fans are booing him when were winning/.

Here's some data.

14 for 24, 130 yards, 0 fumbles, 0 interceptions, 73.3 rating (higher than Peyton Manning's)

Add on one nice pass for a touchdown that Shiancoe dropped. Not a bad day for a young quarterback who is asked to just manage the game at this stage of his career. He is doing better than I expected.

Does Tarvaris need to work more on throwing the ball with touch? Oh yes. Has he improved in this area? Yes, absolutely. This young kid is a winner, and we need to get behind him and support him.

MuzikQ
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
"kspurplepride" wrote:

As of right we have no other choice, we cant put booty in, he still a rookie..I know alot about football, I also know that TJ is not real good QB, putting gus wont make alot of differance, but lt least hes a pro and know whats going on..TJ looks very confused.

Webby
09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

Here's some data.

14 for 24, 130 yards, 0 fumbles, 0 interceptions, 73.3 rating (higher than Peyton Manning's)

Add on one nice pass for a touchdown that Shiancoe dropped. Not a bad day for a young quarterback who is asked to just manage the game at this stage of his career. He is doing better than I expected.

Does Tarvaris need to work more on throwing the ball with touch? Oh yes. Has he improved in this area? Yes, absolutely. This young kid is a winner, and we need to get behind him and support him.

as an aside, didn't he fumble once and lost it?

VikesFanInNC
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Did Tarvaris even have a chance to make a point? He didn't even get any freedom when it came to throwing the ball.

olson_10
09-14-2008, 04:48 PM
"VikesFanInNC" wrote:

Did Tarvaris even have a chance to make a point? He didn't even get any freedom when it came to throwing the ball.

the coaching staff clearly doesnt have any confidence in him at all

3 things..childress has an atrocious system that just simply isnt going to work..jackson is way out of his league in the nfl..shiancoe is probably worse than troy williamson when it comes to catching the ball

tybrones87
09-14-2008, 04:51 PM
"VikesFanInNC" wrote:

No kidding he didn't. Did you watch last weeks game? If you did, you'd know why he didn't get any freedom.

SiniSSter
09-14-2008, 05:00 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"vikesfargo" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

Here's some data.

as an aside, didn't he fumble once and lost it?

idk if you could blame him for that, it was just a good play by freeny

mamaluke
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Gee,

I don't really give a shit who is to blame. All I know is after 40 years of watching this crap I am pretty much sick and tired. I could see the Colts victory coming from a moolie (Jackson) away. Just typical Viking football at it's best. Man it is really tough staying loyal to his bunch of losers, and that goes from the top on down. We just look like a bunch of disorganized clowns. I don't give a crap what anyone says but this season is down the shitter already. Jackson got to go, I like the guy and have been pulling for him but he is clearly not the answer. Frerotte and Booty are not
the answers either.
Man I am just sick to my stomach.

The Dropper
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
"mamaluke" wrote:

Man it is really tough staying loyal to his bunch of losers, and that goes from the top on down. We just look like a bunch of disorganized clowns. I don't give a crap what anyone says but this season is down the shitter already.

I hear the Detroit Lions are always looking for fans.

mamaluke
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
The dropper,

I will tell you what, there ain't too much separating us from the Lions at this point. Both 0-2, at least the Lions are supposed to suck. I would not be surprised if we lose to them knob gobblers as well

Mountainman
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Not much dedication and loyalty around here is there! Didn't hear alot of cheering for Jackson when he was doing good. Glad I didn't go to the game. I would of been embarrassed by are so called fans.

VikeWings
09-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I'll never boo anyone but, then again, Tavaris HAS had 3 years to develop.
Guys at my work, making considerably less money, don't get anywhere near that much time to start producing results.
I'm trying hard to be a good fan but it's not easy when I have to hold my breath on every playaction/pass play.
I spent good money at the sports bar today just to watch a 15-0 lead fall apart.

VikeWings

The Dropper
09-14-2008, 06:04 PM
"Mountainman" wrote:

Not much dedication and loyalty around here is there! Didn't hear alot of cheering for Jackson when he was doing good. Glad I didn't go to the game. I would of been embarrassed by are so called fans.

Agreed. Watching the game on TV I was more pissed at the fans than the team.

It just blows my mind, and at the same time makes me feel really fortunate that I am also a fan of the Portland Timbers. At least with that team (who perennially suck ass) I feel like I am part of a fan base that deserves better. We cheer the lads off the field after every single game, win, lose or draw.

Vikings fans deserve exactly what they're getting. If players are being lazy or not trying hard, then it is perfectly acceptable to boo. But for the fans to boo players who are trying their damnedest to win, and therby essentially relinquishing home field advantage is inexcusable.

VikeWings
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I respectably disagree.
I try my hardest at my work but if someone isn't pleased with my performance they can always call my boss and bitch and 9 times out of 10 I'm going to get called in to his office to talk about what I can do differently. I'm pretty sure my phone call won't reach the Vikings front office so perhaps booing is my only chance to express my views of what is happening on the field.

VikeWings

marshallvike
09-14-2008, 06:19 PM
maybe chilly ought to plagiarise this. ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0

jkjuggalo
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
"VikeWings" wrote:

I respectably disagree.
I try my hardest at my work but if someone isn't pleased with my performance they can always call my boss and beeyatch and 9 times out of 10 I'm going to get called in to his office to talk about what I can do differently. I'm pretty sure my phone call won't reach the Vikings front office so perhaps booing is my only chance to express my views of what is happening on the field.

VikeWings

Yeah, but booing an incomplete pass in the first quarter is ignorant for any fan of any team.

The Dropper
09-14-2008, 06:28 PM
"VikeWings" wrote:

I respectably disagree.
I try my hardest at my work but if someone isn't pleased with my performance they can always call my boss and bitch and 9 times out of 10 I'm going to get called in to his office to talk about what I can do differently. I'm pretty sure my phone call won't reach the Vikings front office so perhaps booing is my only chance to express my views of what is happening on the field.

VikeWings

And would someone call your boss if you did something that routinely happens in your line of work (i.e. get a pass deflected or throw the ball out of bounds instead of having it intercepted)?

Ridiculous. Throw an incomplete pass: get booed.

What happens when he throws an interception, do you rush the field and beat him with you shoes?
:D

Purple Floyd
09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the fans Booing Jackson either but I find it hard to believe that people would say that WR's were not open. I saw open WR's many times in the game that did not get a look from the QB and on several of the plays the ball was thrown above, behind or away from the open WR.

Of this I will say. I saw very little separation for the most part from Berrian and Wade, but when Rice and Allison were in the game they seemed to get more separation from the WR;s.

That being said, this is the WCO and the whole thing is based on timing and throwing to a spot in anticipation of where the WR will be. This is not happening and I am not seeing Jackson scanning the complete field, even when he has time in the pocket. It is the 1 or 2 read the majority of the time and the throw is made too often after the CB has had time to recover and close in on the WR so that the space is not there.

IA Vike
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
"kspurplepride" wrote:

Sorry but you must know very little about football. Its not a matter of being better, its a matter of not being any worse and giving some hope when its more than clear the current starter (whos name I will not utter ever again) is not even and NFL 3rd string QB.

VikeWings
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I'd never make it to the field.

But, seriously, I would never call a subordinate on the floor for one mistake.
But if his performance doesn't look up to par, I"m going to call him on it and see if there's something that needs to be changed/fixed.
If T-Jack missed one open receiver or threw one bad pass, then booing is unacceptable.
But after 3 years, I think people are expecting more.

Hey, I could never compete on the pro level, far be it from me to boo someone who can.
I don't condone booing, but I understand it.

VW

Formo
09-14-2008, 08:23 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with the fans Booing Jackson either but I find it hard to believe that people would say that WR's were not open. I saw open WR's many times in the game that did not get a look from the QB and on several of the plays the ball was thrown above, behind or away from the open WR.

Of this I will say. I saw very little separation for the most part from Berrian and Wade, but when Rice and Allison were in the game they seemed to get more separation from the WR;s.

That being said, this is the WCO and the whole thing is based on timing and throwing to a spot in anticipation of where the WR will be. This is not happening and I am not seeing Jackson scanning the complete field, even when he has time in the pocket. It is the 1 or 2 read the majority of the time and the throw is made too often after the CB has had time to recover and close in on the WR so that the space is not there.

I didn't like the booing.
But at the same time, I could understand why..
Especially if it was more towards the playcalling.

As far as the WRs getting separation, and being open..
I saw a WIDE open Wade in the 2nd half, and instead, Jackson dumps it off to (I think) a RB for a no/small gain.
If he hits Wade, it's a first down deep in red zone territory.

I think Jackson needs to get through his reads more efficiently.
Has he the ability?
I think so.
Will he do it?
Who knows.

I'm giving both playcalling (Whether its Chilly or Bevel, doesn't matter) and T-Jack 2-3 more weeks to improve and make adjustments before I start calling for new personel.

V4L
09-15-2008, 01:19 AM
"vikesfargo" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

Here's some data.

Nice post bro

gregair13
09-15-2008, 01:24 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

maybe chilly ought to plagiarise this. ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0

I liked that. So many swears.

V4L
09-15-2008, 01:25 AM
"Formo" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I saw a WIDE open Wade in the 2nd half, and instead, Jackson dumps it off to (I think) a RB for a no/small gain.

Has he the ability?
I think so.
Will he do it?
Who knows.

I'm giving both playcalling (Whether its Chilly or Bevel, doesn't matter) and T-Jack 2-3 more weeks to improve and make adjustments before I start calling for new personel.

With you there bro

Purple Floyd
09-15-2008, 07:00 AM
"Formo" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Has he the ability?
I think so.
Will he do it?
Who knows.

I would agree. We certainly had opportunities to make plays down the field and didn't make them. That is what separates a good QB from one that doesn't last. While the fans can blame bevell for the play calling, if the plays had been executed properly we would have won.Period.

They need to evaluate the talent they put on the field to see if they comprehend their job and they need to evaluate the coaches to see if they are doing their job in deciding who should play and whether they have been properly trained.

This year, the third since Tice, there is no shortage of talent, just like there was no shortage in year one. The difference is that this year we have talent that this staff picked and in 2006 we had talent they didn't pick. The rubber has to hit the road.

singersp
09-15-2008, 07:01 AM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

People need to stop booing are qb. receivers are not getting open not his fauly were playing the damn colts man and are fans are booing him when were winning/.

How the fuck can receivers get open when they aren't even sent downfield? The one thing I noticed yesterday & during the preseason is that a lot of the time, except on designed pass plays, our WR's barely cross the LOS & aren't sent down field to pull defenders with them. That is something you will see at the game, but not on TV.

Berrian is also still obviously bothered by his turf toe & has slowed down, lacking the ability to get open or be under the ball when it comes down.

In case you heave forgotten, Jackson's passes to Berrian were practiced all off-season with a healthy fast Berrian to get the timing worked out. That timing is affected now because he is slower.

Other receivers are dropping the ball & Jackson is getting blamed for it. Yes he had some bad passes in that game, but he had some nice ones where the receivers didn't deliver on the other end.

Hell, even Manning is throwing some bad passes. I'd bet you don't see threads every week on the Colts forums calling for a change at QB.

The bottom line is we have many weapons, but Childress refuses to use them. Look at the past 2 games. How many passes have there been to Rice, Mills & Allison & even Wade? It seems that the majority of the passes have gone to Shiancoe & a slower Berrian.

I was laughed at when I mentioned Berrian wasn't as great a receiver as people made him out to be. How many passes has he even caught this year?

Zeus
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
"Mountainman" wrote:

The press is overplaying the amount of booing.

There was wayyy more screaming and supporting yesterday than booing.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
09-15-2008, 09:43 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Mountainman" wrote:

The press is overplaying the amount of booing.

There was wayyy more screaming and supporting yesterday than booing.

=Z=

Sure was. The fans were making it miserable for the colts for the majority of the game yesterday. It was not a nice place for them to work yesterday.

Marrdro
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I could almost understand the booing if the team was getting blown out or humiliated but we were in the damn game and although TJ wasn't playing at the level he needed to, he was at least doing some things right.

Case in point.

They booed when he couldn't find a open WR and pulled it down and ran, when he saw he wasn't gonna get the yards he slid protecting himself so he wouldn't get hurt and the crowd boooed for cripes sake.

He threw the ball several times to recievers that were covered putting the ball were only the reciever could get it and the crowd booooed for cripes sake.

He threw the ball away at least twice and the crowd booooed for cripes sake.

Even ole Dan Dusseldorf laughed at the Vikings fans for basically not understanding what was going on.
Pretty embarrrrrrasssssing to have your fans called out for being yutz's by that guy on national TV.

Its a sad day in Vikings land by friends.

Zeus
09-15-2008, 11:12 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I could almost understand the booing if the team was getting blown out or humiliated but we were in the damn game and although TJ wasn't playing at the level he needed to, he was at least doing some things right.

Case in point.

They booed when he couldn't find a open WR and pulled it down and ran, when he saw he wasn't gonna get the yards he slid protecting himself so he wouldn't get hurt and the crowd boooed for cripes sake.

He threw the ball several times to recievers that were covered putting the ball were only the reciever could get it and the crowd booooed for cripes sake.

Even ole Dan Dusseldorf laughed at the Vikings fans for basically not understanding what was going on.
Pretty embarrrrrrasssssing to have your fans called out for being yutz's by that guy on national TV.

I call BS on CBS.
There was NOT that much booing - I'm truly shocked to hear that it sounded like it on TV.

=Z=

NodakPaul
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I could almost understand the booing if the team was getting blown out or humiliated but we were in the gol 'darnit game and although TJ wasn't playing at the level he needed to, he was at least doing some things right.

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.
There was NOT that much booing - I'm truly shocked to hear that it sounded like it on TV.

=Z=

I actually agree with Z.
There was some booing, but there was MUCH more screaming and cheering.

gagarr
09-15-2008, 11:19 AM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

I need to know how so many people on here can say the receivers aren't getting open.
Any telecast I look at only shows 15 yards max down field until the ball is thrown.
Who knows what is happening.
Just because TJ doesn't throw the ball doesn't mean a player isn't open.

As for those that were at the game, I truly doubt your ability to look at 3 or 4 receivers from the QB's perspective to determine if they are open or not.

As for not BOOOING, at times it's hard to tell whether they were booing TJ, the play calling, or the receiving.
All of which sucked and IMO voicing displeasure is acceptable.

The Colts didn't win, the Vikings lost the game.

Json
09-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow is right, wow our offensive passing game sucks!
Everybody has a reason to why we are not making any progress in our passing game but in the meantime we are losing and changes must be made.
The passing game held us out of the playoffs last year, we are on the way to the same results this year, and as for this year we have had 2 playoff teams from a year ago on the ropes only to find ourselves losing both games.
Sure there is plenty of reasons and plenty of players to blame but the passing offense is killing us and will continue to be our downfall all season.
I was at home booing and will continue to boo until the passing offense figures it out.
I don't care if it's better play calling, better catching, throwing, execution, etc.
But until I see a team that can actually be productive through the air I have zero hope for the season.
Adrian ran for 160 yrds, yet we still lost.....Passing offense is horrible.

Purple Floyd
09-15-2008, 11:52 AM
"gagarr" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

I need to know how so many people on here can say the receivers aren't getting open.
Any telecast I look at only shows 15 yards max down field until the ball is thrown.
Who knows what is happening.
Just because TJ doesn't throw the ball doesn't mean a player isn't open.

As for those that were at the game, I truly doubt your ability to look at 3 or 4 receivers from the QB's perspective to determine if they are open or not.

As for not BOOOING, at times it's hard to tell whether they were booing TJ, the play calling, or the receiving.
All of which sucked and IMO voicing displeasure is acceptable.

The Colts didn't win, the Vikings lost the game.

Sure there were times when guys were open, but they don't stay open forever. This is an offense that is based on timing and we were playing against a cover-2.

The way to beat the cover 2 with the KAO is with timing routes where passes are completed to WR's in the open spaces within the zones the defenders are covering. In order to do this the QB and WR have to be on the same page and the ball needs to be released before the WR comes open but before the next defender in the next zone can react. That is exactly what other teams including the colts yesterday have done to us and what we failed to do to them. There is no timing between the Qb and the WR's period.

Now, I do not know if that is because the Qb is bad or because the WR's are bad but I do know how to find out. I would sit Berrian and Wade to begin the game against the Panthers and see if there is a better chemistry between jackson and either of Rice or Allison and see how it goes. If the timing isn't there with either of them then I would sit Jackson and try Gus with all 4 WR's and see if there is any chemistry there where the QB can get the ball to the guy he wants when it needs to be there.

If that doesn't work I would sign Klewe to an extension

Zeus
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Best player on the team.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
09-15-2008, 12:17 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Best player on the team.

=Z=

He is the Purple Brian.

( Monty Python)

Marrdro
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I could almost understand the booing if the team was getting blown out or humiliated but we were in the gol 'darnit game and although TJ wasn't playing at the level he needed to, he was at least doing some things right.

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

=Z=

I for one thought we had a better class of fans my friend.
I hope you are right and CBS made it out to be worse than it really was.

We could actually hear it early in the 2nd quarter I think.
Regardless, it was pretty prevelant early in the 3rd quarter.

Again, I can understand it to a point, but when you have ole Dusseldorf calling us out as fans on it, it was a bit over the top.

Zeus
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

Again, I can understand it to a point, but when you have ole Dusseldorf calling us out as fans on it, it was a bit over the top.

I'm not saying there wasn't any booing.
My personal opinion is that the COUPLE of times it happened, it was directed at Childress, not Tarvaris.

But it really was minimal.
As pumped up as any crowd I've seen (especially for the defense) since I've been coming regularly (since 2005).

=Z=

marstc09
09-15-2008, 12:47 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

My personal opinion is that the COUPLE of times it happened, it was directed at Childress, not Tarvaris.

As pumped up as any crowd I've seen (especially for the defense) since I've been coming regularly (since 2005).

=Z=

I remember 2 times I heard booing. One was after TJ threw 2 passes that where not even close. Don't remember if he was throwing them away. I have to watch it again. Booing was not bad at all.

There was times when it was so loud that I couldn't even here my own yell. Loudest I have ever heard! Great job by most in the crowd. Still some worthless attendees. I still think we can get louder!

bleedpurple
09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

=Z=

I remember 2 times I heard booing. One was after TJ threw 2 passes that where not even close. Don't remember if he was throwing them away. I have to watch it again. Booing was not bad at all.

There was times when it was so loud that I couldn't even here my own yell. Loudest I have ever heard! Great job by most in the crowd. Still some worthless attendees. I still think we can get louder!

NO the booing i heard was when TJ threw that ridiculous play call of a screen to CHester Taylor on third and like 5 and the other came on the 3rd and 4 when they ran it with Chester and then kicked that field goal that we ended up missing....

I for one, thought they were boooing the playcalling more than TJ.. but i wasn't there so i could be wrong but that's the impression i got!

DustinDupont
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
"MuzikQ" wrote:

"gabe_menendez" wrote:

Dude the guy sucks, are you not watching the game..The QB leads everything, and TJ is leading the vikings to other loss..I promise if this was other QB like gus for example, we wouldn't be having this problem..

lol

VikingMike
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

=Z=

Watching on TV, I thought it was directed at the offense/coach for not moving the ball and making first downs, not TJ specifically. Dierdorf was bothered by the fans booing TJ, never once thinking they could be booing someone/something else.

grpape
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

=Z=

Watching on TV, I thought it was directed at the offense/coach for not moving the ball and making first downs, not TJ specifically. Dierdorf was bothered by the fans booing TJ, never once thinking they could be booing someone/something else.

Watching it on T.V.
The only "booing" that really ticked me off was when TJ tried to run for the first down, realized that the defender had a better angle on him, and as everyone gripped about not doing in previous games, slid. That was pretty embarassing for the fan base televised on national T.V. Other than that, I was happy with all the noise when Manning was doing all his adjustments at the line.

Formo
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

=Z=

I wasn't let down by the noise.
But, like I said to someone at the tailgate, the last Viking game I'd been to was '98.
THAT, was loud.
Yesterday was the loudest I've heard the dome get since then.. (I go to multiple Gopher games every season).

NodakPaul
09-15-2008, 04:34 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

Case in point.

I call BS on CBS.

=Z=

I wasn't let down by the noise.
But, like I said to someone at the tailgate, the last Viking game I'd been to was '98.
THAT, was loud.
Yesterday was the loudest I've heard the dome get since then.. (I go to multiple Gopher games every season).

Agreed.
The Green Bay game in '05 was louder, IMHO.
But other than that that was one of the best games for crowd noise that I have been to in a long time.
I bet JA was happy. :)

SiniSSter
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
i watched on CBS and at times it did seem like the booing was directed at tjack. the noise for the colts offense was real good though as previously stated. i agree with everyone that said tjack did what he needed to do for the most part in not turning the ball over (minus the freeney sack he couldnt do anything about) there were a couple of wild throws but there were also a lot of good throws. one thing i noticed between the colts and vikes is that the colts receivers make plays, they can catch balls that arent thrown perfectly on the numbers, i have yet to see a vikings catch this year where i can say wow that was a decent catch, alex gonzalez had at least 3 or 4 great catches yesterday, and harrison took a lick from EJ and held onto the ball, i garuntee any one of our guys would have dropped that.

Nightgaunt
09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I read the first 4 pages and decided to add my piece. I thought Jackson played well enough for us to get a win. The PLAYCALLING was complete fucking shit, i could called a better game then that. Peterson had like 160 yards or so rushing and we lost. Totally unfuckingacceptable in my book. Yes, Jackson made a few bad throws, otherwise he played quite well imho, we had dropped balls or our WR's were not getting open, end of debate.

Far as you fans go that were booing Jackson throughout the game, go DIAF! You all fail at life, makes me sick to think i have to tolerate cretins like yourself. I would been at that game i would been in the Hennepin county jail no question asked.....
>:(

gagarr
09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
"Nightgaunt" wrote:

I read the first 4 pages and decided to add my piece. I thought Jackson played well enough for us to get a win. The PLAYCALLING was complete fricken pooh, i could called a better game then that. Peterson had like 160 yards or so rushing and we lost. Totally unfuckingacceptable in my book. Yes, Jackson made a few bad throws, otherwise he played quite well imho, we had dropped balls or our WR's were not getting open, end of debate.

Far as you fans go that were booing Jackson throughout the game, go DIAF! You all fail at life, makes me sick to think i have to tolerate cretins like yourself. I would been at that game i would been in the Hennepin county jail no question asked.....

LOL....let me get this straight... you are in jail, but those at the game who were voicing their 1st amendment rights are the cretins?

FYI, TJ was 2 for 13 on 3rd down conversions.
It can't be everyone elses problem with those stats.
On 3rd down he's consistantly BAD.
My new nickname for him is "Drive Killer"

jargomcfargo
09-15-2008, 05:49 PM
"Nightgaunt" wrote:

I read the first 4 pages and decided to add my piece. I thought Jackson played well enough for us to get a win. The PLAYCALLING was complete fricken pooh, i could called a better game then that. Peterson had like 160 yards or so rushing and we lost. Totally unfuckingacceptable in my book. Yes, Jackson made a few bad throws, otherwise he played quite well imho, we had dropped balls or our WR's were not getting open, end of debate.

What makes you think they were booing Jackson?

gagarr
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

I thought they were calling for Chilly to put Booooooooty in
;)

Nightgaunt
09-15-2008, 06:02 PM
"gagarr" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

LOL....let me get this straight... you are in jail, but those at the game who were voicing their 1st amendment rights are the cretins?

Nice baseless stat, how bout a stat that tells me how many of those balls were actually thrown bad and many were dropped.... Yah, didn't think so......

gagarr
09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
"Nightgaunt" wrote:

"gagarr" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

Nice baseless stat, how bout a stat that tells me how many of those balls were actually thrown bad and many were dropped.... Yah, didn't think so......

First of all don't pooh pooh my facts if you can't come up with any of your own that support the position that TJ isn't the problem.

I plan to rewatch the game with my TIVO in HD, but if I come back with 9 of the 13 were TJ's fault, would you believe me?
So until you come up with at least some evidence to support TJ, please don't critisize mine.

Nightgaunt
09-15-2008, 06:18 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

I suppose they could been booing the playcalling, but i doubt that. It all seemed to be Jackson related.

Yfz01
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
"SiniSSter" wrote:

i watched on CBS and at times it did seem like the booing was directed at tjack. the noise for the colts offense was real good though as previously stated. i agree with everyone that said tjack did what he needed to do for the most part in not turning the ball over (minus the freeney sack he couldnt do anything about) there were a couple of wild throws but there were also a lot of good throws. one thing i noticed between the colts and vikes is that the colts receivers make plays, they can catch balls that arent thrown perfectly on the numbers, i have yet to see a vikings catch this year where i can say wow that was a decent catch, alex gonzalez had at least 3 or 4 great catches yesterday, and harrison took a lick from EJ and held onto the ball, i garuntee any one of our guys would have dropped that.

Rice probably would have caught it, but they throw to him twice a game...

Purple Floyd
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

Was that you behind me chanting Childress sucks during the 4th quarter?

jargomcfargo
09-15-2008, 07:00 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

No. But I truly was looking to see if anyone was holding a fire Childress sign.
This thing is going to get ugly, IMO.
There seems to be less support for Childress in the general population then at PP.O.

If Tarvaris is not the guy.....then I blame Childress for not recognizing that fact and moving a different direction.

If Childress is to blame.....then Wilf screwed up when he bought his story and hired him before he get on a plane to Green Bay.

So Wilf is to blame!

illogical logic 101!

Schutz
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

No. But I truly was looking to see if anyone was holding a fire Childress sign.
This thing is going to get ugly, IMO.
There seems to be less support for Childress in the general population then at PP.O.

If Tarvaris is not the guy.....then I blame Childress for not recognizing that fact and moving a different direction.

If Childress is to blame.....then Wilf screwed up when he bought his story and hired him before he get on a plane to Green Bay.

So Wilf is to blame!

illogical logic 101!

Maybe Wilf has learned the value of shopping around.........................the 2009 Minnesota Viking's new head coach Mike Tice.
:D
Here's hoping.

BadlandsVikings
09-15-2008, 11:33 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/f8cb34dc-d966-40d1-9021-6413652ad8e.jpg