PDA

View Full Version : My State of the Vikings Address



kevoncox
09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!

Purple Floyd
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I knew this was going to be interesting when I opened it.

I wasn't disappointed.

Vikes_King
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


Which is why I expected something way different when I clicked this thread.

Well said Kevon, well said!
;D

VikingMike
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!



haha, Negative Nancy speaks the truth. ;D

Of course it's too early to fire anyone...we didn't play well and still had a chance to win the game. But when you have the ball with 2 minutes to go, good teams will get in a position to win the game. And JA will be fine...this will only fire him up even more to succeed.

jkjuggalo
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I want to take whatever happy pills you are on because you are one of the last people I would expect to write a post like this. ;D

I agree that we are all overreacting...just running on emotion of all the build up that led up to that game.
Imagine the pressure both teams felt, thus the penalties and shaky play.
We have a big home contest this weekend and I hope the home fans show TJack some support if he makes any early mistakes, because his confidence is important if he is to lead this team all the way.
Personally I do not put too much stock into the first game of the season because we have all seen teams get waxed or do the waxing, and they end up the complete opposite by Week 8.

Let's go Vikes!!!

x-ray jeff
09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Now that the preseason is finally over, I'm expecting big things from this team. Go Vikings!

PurpleTide
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Way to keep the sky from falling Kevon. The truth is, is that it takes a couple weeks for the offense to settle down. We still could have won last night had a few things been different, and we will grow from this and get better. We will reach our potential. A little stumble should motivate these guys, and if your gonna stumble, early season is the time. Punt coverages can be fixed, the ball will bounce our way, and the refs..... well they can't call this bad a game every time. This is the first game, and we have time to get where we all want to go.

kevoncox
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I think i got the negative nancy moniker in the offseason where I wanted to go in a different dirrection than wat the team was doing. I am an avid Vikes supporter. However, all you can do in the offseason is critque the moves the team is making.

I would think we would rather judge the offseason than abandon hope after 1 game
::)

kevoncox
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:



Way to keep the sky from falling Kevon. The truth is, is that it takes a couple weeks for the offense to settle down. We still could have won last night had a few things been different, and we will grow from this and get better. We will reach our potential. A little stumble should motivate these guys, and if your gonna stumble, early season is the time. Punt coverages can be fixed, the ball will bounce our way, and the refs..... well they can't call this bad a game every time. This is the first game, and we have time to get where we all want to go.


U would think we lost 34 to 0.
We were competative in this game. We should have won but we didn't. I would be ranting if we lost 34 - 0 again.
I don't like that chldress is 5-0 vs. Greenbay. That is near can status.

Caine
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine

kevoncox
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
"Caine" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine


I don't believe the offense was stagnant in the first half. I belive that TJ played poorly and caused the offense to be stagnant. A couple of the throws he simply did not make. I believe he settled down i the ater 3-rd to early fouth and the offense responded. Unfortunatly, we gave up the long run which put us down by 2 scores. This caused the defense to dial u the blitz and the line looked poorly because of it. When teams know you aren't going to run because you are down, pressure is always there. So i don't blame people blaming the line at the end of the game(expect on the play Kampman oblitirated TJ.

Purple Floyd
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


Trent Dilfer was the QB for the Ravens when they won the SB. Lets get him to QB the team.

lukeshkin
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
i think T-Jack can go out and lead this team i think childress just really keeps the leash on him sort of how he did with peterson at the begining of last year. when they cam out in the second half the offense was moving nicely. they need to use more play action passes. i like the amount of bootlegs and roll outs. i think childress/bevell are still horrible play callers. that 3rd and 1 when the pass to wade was incomplete was awful. you take your all universe running back and let him get you that yard. but i also think that as players can get better so can coaches so hopefully chilly will grow as head coach.

Zeus
09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


*faints*

=Z=

ragz
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Caine" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine


I don't believe the offense was stagnant in the first half. I belive that TJ played poorly and caused the offense to be stagnant. A couple of the throws he simply did not make. I believe he settled down i the ater 3-rd to early fouth and the offense responded. Unfortunatly, we gave up the long run which put us down by 2 scores. This caused the defense to dial u the blitz and the line looked poorly because of it. When teams know you aren't going to run because you are down, pressure is always there. So i don't blame people blaming the line at the end of the game(expect on the play Kampman oblitirated TJ.

listen, tj was not good in the first half, but the bottom line is he threw 7 passes.
childress waited too long to open things up and made us quite predictable throughout the first half.

the defense we were so pumped up for was outcoached for most of the night.
we tried to roll jackson out several times in the first half and they had a defensive end in his face every time.
every time rogers rolled out he had all day to throw and found wide open wrs. a qb in his first start going up against a defense we think is sick should not be going 18-22.


the special teams as a whole sucked and cost us big.


and even after we started throwing effectively in the 2nd half the running game didn't get going.
if anything we should be encouraged that childress let jackson take the reigns and that he responded.
he didn't bring us all the way back, but he was the biggest reason we had a chance at the end of the game.


all around sloppy play and green bay made the plays.
short kick, scored a td.
jump ball-the wr makes the play to set up a td.
good pressure-rogers throws a cockeyed pass in the perfect place and the wr makes a nice catch.


us.
berrian gets tripped up by a toe on a definite long td.
gordon lets the wr make that long catch.
they fumble the football and we let it slip through our hands and they pick up a first down.
even the onside kick was good but couldnt get it.
i'm pissed, cuz i think we are gonna be good.
but our f-ing schedule is tough and i'm scared we are gonna have to fight an uphill battle.
plus i hate the pack so fucking much.

Purple Floyd
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
"ragz" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Caine" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine


I don't believe the offense was stagnant in the first half. I belive that TJ played poorly and caused the offense to be stagnant. A couple of the throws he simply did not make. I believe he settled down i the ater 3-rd to early fouth and the offense responded. Unfortunatly, we gave up the long run which put us down by 2 scores. This caused the defense to dial u the blitz and the line looked poorly because of it. When teams know you aren't going to run because you are down, pressure is always there. So i don't blame people blaming the line at the end of the game(expect on the play Kampman oblitirated TJ.

listen, tj was not good in the first half, but the bottom line is he threw 7 passes.
childress waited too long to open things up and made us quite predictable throughout the first half.

the defense we were so pumped up for was outcoached for most of the night.
we tried to roll jackson out several times in the first half and they had a defensive end in his face every time.
every time rogers rolled out he had all day to throw and found wide open wrs. a qb in his first start going up against a defense we think is sick should not be going 18-22.


the special teams as a whole sucked and cost us big.


and even after we started throwing effectively in the 2nd half the running game didn't get going.
if anything we should be encouraged that childress let jackson take the reigns and that he responded.
he didn't bring us all the way back, but he was the biggest reason we had a chance at the end of the game.


all around sloppy play and green bay made the plays.
short kick, scored a td.
jump ball-the wr makes the play to set up a td.
good pressure-rogers throws a cockeyed pass in the perfect place and the wr makes a nice catch.


us.
berrian gets tripped up by a toe on a definite long td.
gordon lets the wr make that long catch.
they fumble the football and we let it slip through our hands and they pick up a first down.
even the onside kick was good but couldnt get it.
i'm pissed, cuz i think we are gonna be good.
but our f-ing schedule is tough and i'm scared we are gonna have to fight an uphill battle.
plus i hate the pack so fucking much.


I think it was bevell who opened up the offense in the second half, not Childress. Or did he take back the playcalling duties? I didn't see him with the playsheet in front of his stache all night.

ragz
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"ragz" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Caine" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine


I don't believe the offense was stagnant in the first half. I belive that TJ played poorly and caused the offense to be stagnant. A couple of the throws he simply did not make. I believe he settled down i the ater 3-rd to early fouth and the offense responded. Unfortunatly, we gave up the long run which put us down by 2 scores. This caused the defense to dial u the blitz and the line looked poorly because of it. When teams know you aren't going to run because you are down, pressure is always there. So i don't blame people blaming the line at the end of the game(expect on the play Kampman oblitirated TJ.

listen, tj was not good in the first half, but the bottom line is he threw 7 passes.
childress waited too long to open things up and made us quite predictable throughout the first half.

the defense we were so pumped up for was outcoached for most of the night.
we tried to roll jackson out several times in the first half and they had a defensive end in his face every time.
every time rogers rolled out he had all day to throw and found wide open wrs. a qb in his first start going up against a defense we think is sick should not be going 18-22.


the special teams as a whole sucked and cost us big.


and even after we started throwing effectively in the 2nd half the running game didn't get going.
if anything we should be encouraged that childress let jackson take the reigns and that he responded.
he didn't bring us all the way back, but he was the biggest reason we had a chance at the end of the game.


all around sloppy play and green bay made the plays.
short kick, scored a td.
jump ball-the wr makes the play to set up a td.
good pressure-rogers throws a cockeyed pass in the perfect place and the wr makes a nice catch.


us.
berrian gets tripped up by a toe on a definite long td.
gordon lets the wr make that long catch.
they fumble the football and we let it slip through our hands and they pick up a first down.
even the onside kick was good but couldnt get it.
i'm pissed, cuz i think we are gonna be good.
but our f-ing schedule is tough and i'm scared we are gonna have to fight an uphill battle.
plus i hate the pack so fricken much.


I think it was bevell who opened up the offense in the second half, not Childress. Or did he take back the playcalling duties? I didn't see him with the playsheet in front of his stache all night.

no you are probably right. my point is the same.
in all our green bay games with childress we've been outcoached.
they have a game plan and execute it.
we seem to be winging it about halfway through.
they have attacked our strenghts and do a good job.
they appear to know what they wanna do and do it, almost from the outset which is why we are constantly playing from behind.
very disappointing.
and any finger pointing at strictly jackson is just stupid cuz as a team we made way too many mistakes.

ultravikingfan
09-10-2008, 03:33 AM
And this is different than what you posted in other threads?

misplacedminnesotan
09-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm not too down on T-Jack.
He did stink it up a bit in the first half.
However; barring the last throw, he seemed to play better in the second half.
What I am most upset about is the defense and the special teams.
Punt return TD's, and letting Grant put a big run you?
There is no excuse for that.
That needs to be fixed first and foremost.

Purple Floyd
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
"ragz" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"ragz" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Caine" wrote:




Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine


I don't believe the offense was stagnant in the first half. I belive that TJ played poorly and caused the offense to be stagnant. A couple of the throws he simply did not make. I believe he settled down i the ater 3-rd to early fouth and the offense responded. Unfortunatly, we gave up the long run which put us down by 2 scores. This caused the defense to dial u the blitz and the line looked poorly because of it. When teams know you aren't going to run because you are down, pressure is always there. So i don't blame people blaming the line at the end of the game(expect on the play Kampman oblitirated TJ.

listen, tj was not good in the first half, but the bottom line is he threw 7 passes.
childress waited too long to open things up and made us quite predictable throughout the first half.

the defense we were so pumped up for was outcoached for most of the night.
we tried to roll jackson out several times in the first half and they had a defensive end in his face every time.
every time rogers rolled out he had all day to throw and found wide open wrs. a qb in his first start going up against a defense we think is sick should not be going 18-22.


the special teams as a whole sucked and cost us big.


and even after we started throwing effectively in the 2nd half the running game didn't get going.
if anything we should be encouraged that childress let jackson take the reigns and that he responded.
he didn't bring us all the way back, but he was the biggest reason we had a chance at the end of the game.


all around sloppy play and green bay made the plays.
short kick, scored a td.
jump ball-the wr makes the play to set up a td.
good pressure-rogers throws a cockeyed pass in the perfect place and the wr makes a nice catch.


us.
berrian gets tripped up by a toe on a definite long td.
gordon lets the wr make that long catch.
they fumble the football and we let it slip through our hands and they pick up a first down.
even the onside kick was good but couldnt get it.
i'm pissed, cuz i think we are gonna be good.
but our f-ing schedule is tough and i'm scared we are gonna have to fight an uphill battle.
plus i hate the pack so fricken much.


I think it was bevell who opened up the offense in the second half, not Childress. Or did he take back the playcalling duties? I didn't see him with the playsheet in front of his stache all night.

no you are probably right. my point is the same.
in all our green bay games with childress we've been outcoached.
they have a game plan and execute it.
we seem to be winging it about halfway through.
they have attacked our strenghts and do a good job.
they appear to know what they wanna do and do it, almost from the outset which is why we are constantly playing from behind.
very disappointing.
and any finger pointing at strictly jackson is just stupid cuz as a team we made way too many mistakes.


that part I agree with.

I know much is said on here about us not commenting about the coaching decisions because the coaches know more than we do and that is true. But for me it really doesn't come down to whether the coaches know more than me or whether they do a better job of coaching than I do or someone else on an internet football forum would do, but rather how they do compared to their peers during the game.

I may not know more about coaching football than our current staff but I do know enough to know when the opposing coaches did a better job of getting their players to execute their game plan than ours did. I know that the team is in it's third year of assembling players and teaching them how to play the game the way that they want it played and in that respect I think it is pretty clear that this one can be put on their shoulders.

Were the staff doing the blocking?-No
Were the staff blocking the ball?-No
Did the staff break down in the punt coverage?-No


But they selected or decided not to replace the players who were on the field, spent all preseason teaching them and in the end made a decision that these were the players that they could win with. They had more veterans than the Packers, had a more experienced Qb and spent a boatload of FA money to bring in exceptional (I Guess) talent over the past 3 years.
The packers on the other hand drafted and developed players and has installed them into a very similar scheme to ours and had those players more ready than ours to do what they needed to win.

Marrdro
09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!

Everyone run for shelter..........

Kevon is being optimistic and I am being negative.
The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Well said Adequately articulated my friend.
;D

jargomcfargo
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
"Caine" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?


Time will tell.

Caine


That time draws near. TJ has been around long enough to be turned loose. Let the chips fall where they lay, then move on.
This having a quarterback who you hope can just'manage the game' is wearing thin.
How about the concept of a quarterback who can win a game? Doesn't that sound better?
TJ has shown improvement, unfortunately it is marginal.

One other comment. Great post cox. I did watch K-Will quite closely. He didn't get much penetration at all. I am starting to wonder what happened to the K-Will of old. His sack totals and hurries are far less and have been in decline than a few years back. I love his rush defense. But he was playing against backups and got little pressure Monday.

Marrdro
09-10-2008, 09:03 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


One other comment. Great post cox. I did watch K-Will quite closely. He didn't get much penetration at all. I am starting to wonder what happened to the K-Will of old. His sack totals and hurries are far less and have been in decline than a few years back. I love his rush defense. But he was playing against backups and got little pressure Monday.

Carefull you two, if you point out a flaw with a fan favorite and back it up with stats, the crotchsniffers will come out in force.

Some yutz has been saying that K-wills production has dropped off instead of getting better for awhile on here and gets the standard "He's doubled all the time" or "The TE's next to him are crap" response from that crowd.

Man I love this site by the way.
;D

jargomcfargo
09-10-2008, 09:07 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"jargomcfargo" wrote:


One other comment. Great post cox. I did watch K-Will quite closely. He didn't get much penetration at all. I am starting to wonder what happened to the K-Will of old. His sack totals and hurries are far less and have been in decline than a few years back. I love his rush defense. But he was playing against backups and got little pressure Monday.

Carefull you two, if you point out a flaw with a fan favorite and back it up with stats, the crotchsniffers will come out in force.

Some yutz has been saying that K-wills production has dropped off instead of getting better for awhile on here and gets the standard "He's doubled all the time" or "The TE's next to him are crap" response from that crowd.

Man I love this site by the way.

;D


I expect to get that in full force. And I pray I'm wrong about K-Will. He's a crucial element to this team and has played so well at times.
I really just brought it up because I'm trying to be an aggitater like that Uffda guy!

Purple Floyd
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"jargomcfargo" wrote:


One other comment. Great post cox. I did watch K-Will quite closely. He didn't get much penetration at all. I am starting to wonder what happened to the K-Will of old. His sack totals and hurries are far less and have been in decline than a few years back. I love his rush defense. But he was playing against backups and got little pressure Monday.

Carefull you two, if you point out a flaw with a fan favorite and back it up with stats, the crotchsniffers will come out in force.

Some yutz has been saying that K-wills production has dropped off instead of getting better for awhile on here and gets the standard "He's doubled all the time" or "The TE's next to him are crap" response from that crowd.

Man I love this site by the way.

;D


I expect to get that in full force. And I pray I'm wrong about K-Will. He's a crucial element to this team and has played so well at times.
I really just brought it up because I'm trying to be an aggitater like that Uffda guy!


Hey now ;D

I just play the devils advocate lol

kevoncox
09-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I assure you all that we will right this ship. We are Vikings, Vikings did not always have the best maps or charts but they made it to their destinations.

I would prefer that we have a higher caliber QB but we have chosen our leader and we are going to have grin an bear it.

singersp
09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:



2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.



LOL! Whose material are you stealing? Certainly this doesn't sound like anything you would say.

:P

C Mac D
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


I assure you all that we will right this ship. We are Vikings, Vikings did not always have the best maps or charts but they made it to their destinations.

I would prefer that we have a higher caliber QB but we have chosen our leader and we are going to have grin an bear it.


Well... Allen was a Chief last year, does that mean he lived in a tepee?

V4L
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
"C" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I assure you all that we will right this ship. We are Vikings, Vikings did not always have the best maps or charts but they made it to their destinations.

I would prefer that we have a higher caliber QB but we have chosen our leader and we are going to have grin an bear it.


Well... Allen was a Chief last year, does that mean he lived in a tepee?



Hahaaaa

Purple Floyd
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
"C" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


I assure you all that we will right this ship. We are Vikings, Vikings did not always have the best maps or charts but they made it to their destinations.

I would prefer that we have a higher caliber QB but we have chosen our leader and we are going to have grin an bear it.


Well... Allen was a Chief last year, does that mean he lived in a tepee?


No, it means when the coaches were looking at the game charts he was watching the sky for smoke signals.

V4L
09-10-2008, 07:01 PM
T-Jack for prez

marstc09
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
2)
TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!


What did he do in this game to convince you? Was it the 46% completion or the game ending INT?

ragz
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


And this is different than what you posted in other threads?

well when you're right, you're right.
you gotta problem with that.

Vikes_King
09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
"V4L" wrote:


T-Jack for prez

thevikingfan
09-11-2008, 12:39 AM
here is to a good game vs indy and good season i think tjack has what it takes.hes humble and he works hard those are recepies for sucess not only in life but on the football field,i hope he has a good showing in the home opener