PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Vikings actually have a chance Sunday?

Eaglesfanforu
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Do any of you REAL Viking fans think you will win on Sunday? :lol:

skogs02
01-12-2005, 01:01 PM
did you miss sundays game?? nuff' said!

Eaglesfanforu
01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
I think the EAGLES destroyed Green Bay a few weeks ago. Did you wath that game?

little redhead
01-12-2005, 01:08 PM
"Eaglesfanforu" wrote:

Do any of you REAL Viking fans think you will win on Sunday? :lol:

I do. We almost pulled it off the second week of the season. You guys didn't really beat us we beat ourselves. We moved the ball just fine. Yeah you got some pressure on Daunte but you have to remember we had just lost Jimmy Kleinsasser and Mike Rosenthal so there were some very green players in there filling their spots they now have had 14 plus weeks to gel and play better. So if they keep the pressure off Daunte I expect us to score plenty this time. If our defense plays as pumped up and close to how they played this past Sunday I have every reason to believe we will beat you. I will not go so far as to guarantee we will beat you but you asked if you think we will win? maybe I say we have as good of shot as you it depends on which teams shows up on both sides. If we don't I will be sad but I honestly didn't expect to get this far when the season ended I had hoped we could beat the Packers and knew we could if we they all showed up and played like I know they can but I didn't expect the win. If we do go down to the Eagles this weekend I am still proud of this team as I all I asked for is they beat the Pack in the playoffs and that happened so I can just bask in that. All we can do is wait and see who is victorious this weekend.

TheAnimal93
01-12-2005, 01:11 PM
"Eaglesfanforu" wrote:

I think the EAGLES destroyed Green Bay a few weeks ago. Did you wath that game?

well if you think that the vikes are going to roll over and let the eagles have a walkthrough your delusions would be akin to the pack fans last week. i see it being a great game and if you dont think that vikes are going to be able to put up some good numbers against your team you would be mistaken

and this kind of post needs to be in the weekly opponent smack. ffr.(for future ref)

Eaglesfanforu
01-12-2005, 01:13 PM
The oddsmakers disagree. 9 1/2 point favorites. And the team that has had a bye wins the game the majority of the time.

Del Rio
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Again The vegas odds don't really mean squat in a game of heart and desire to win.

The answer to your question is yes we can win and imo we will win.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chohd76/pcloadletter.gif

little redhead
01-12-2005, 01:16 PM
"Eaglesfanforu" wrote:

The oddsmakers disagree. 9 1/2 point favorites. And the team that has had a bye wins the game the majority of the time.

So far the playoffs this year have pretty much discredited past history and stats. No 8-8 teams have ever won in the playoff the Rams did the past weekend and the vikings did. The odd makers also had the packers as like 7pt favorited etc etc etc... they are odds not guarantees.

Eaglesfanforu
01-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Your Super Bowl was last week. You will come back to reality this week.

EAGLES 37
Vikings 17

little redhead
01-12-2005, 01:18 PM
"Eaglesfanforu" wrote:

Your Super Bowl was last week. You will come back to reality this week.

EAGLES 37
Vikings 17

whatever!!!!!

ItalianStallion
01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Yah the odds do favor you, last time I checked though the odds don't mean sh*t:

The Packers were 6 point favorites, 38-2 in the cold, only 1 playoffs loss ever at Lambeau, 9-2 in the past 10 games. The vikings were 2-20 on grass, a "fairweather" team, lost 7 of the past 10 and were coming of a disheartening loss to the Redskins.

Currently the Eagles have not won a game since TO went down and have not played a meaningful game in while.

I don't know what to expect from the vikings this week but I do know if our defense plays as well as they did last week we have a very good chance of winning.

Del Rio
01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Since your not on the team I don't really see how you can make that assumption but go ahead.

You seem to be under the impression you really manhandled us earlier this year and that just doesn't ring true. Refer to the smack talk page for more details and in depth discussion.

All you asked is if we thought we had a chance. If your gonna drop the gloves and disagree take it to that board. There is already some good conversation going on.

NeoVikesTX
01-12-2005, 01:53 PM
The Eagles have much more to prove than the Vikings do. Vikings weren't even supposed to get this far, Eagles were picked to go all the way from the beginning of the season.

TO was the foundation to the Eagles this year. Now he is injured and out for the playoffs. How will the team respond to this? That is the real question here.

Blackshirtz
01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Currently the Eagles have not won a game since TO went down and have not played a meaningful game in while.

Well said Stallion. The Eagles are working off a bye week. They havent been playing much other than practice, oh and they sat most of their starters for the last two weeks of the regular season. Consider that and the fact that TO is out, id say the odds of the Eagles winning have decreased enough that the Vikings have a good chance of winning.
Its in the hands of the Fro :rr:

cajunvike
01-12-2005, 02:31 PM
"Eaglesfanforu" wrote:

You talkin' about the oddsmakers that were dead wrong LAST week...how credible can they be after that big whiff? :scratch:

sdvikefan
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Well like everyone else has already said the odds really don't mean crap...I don't understand why you Eagle fans keep bringing that up, it has no bearing on the actual game.

What matters is how well Culpepper and the line can deal with the pressure the Eagles will bring, and on the flip side keying in on Westbrook. The Eagles have several advantages in this game....crowd, rest, etc. But of course we still think the Vikings can win.

blackstarz18
01-12-2005, 03:32 PM
i think... it'll be a tie. haha just kidding. i haven't kept up w/the stats so i'll go for the vikings.

cajunvike
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
If the Vikings play as inspired as last week, we WILL win!!!