http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44596.20

How many can you think of?

Zeus
09-01-2008, 06:33 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Zeus started this in the un-normal thread

"Is it okay to yell "MOVIE!" in a crowded firehouse?" is an old Steve Martin line from, I believe, the "Wild and Crazy Guy" LP.
I had both that one and "Let's Get Small" when I was a pre-teen boy and still have 'em somewhere.
Haven't listened to them in probably 25 years, but I still remember tons of stuff from them...

"I like a woman with a good head on her shoulders.
I hate necks.
That way, when we go into a fancy restaurant....every head turns.
Except Hers!
She has no neck!
Ahahahahahahahaha!"

=Z=

Zeus
09-01-2008, 06:33 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Zeus started this in the un-normal thread

Back on topic:

Is it okay to look at Shawn Johnson's butt during the Olympics (C Mac D special!)?

=Z=

gregair13
09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

Is it okay to look at Shawn Johnson's butt during the Olympics (C Mac D special!)?

=Z=

Yes.

C Mac D
09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Yes.

I have admittedly struggled with this...

gregair13
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
"C" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=

Yes.

I have admittedly struggled with this...

As long as you aren't sitting there with the lotion, there is no problem with it.

marstc09
09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Is it ok to have this much hatred for the Packers?

El Vikingo
09-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Is it ok to be the only spaniard in 42.000.000 to love this weird team?

marstc09
10-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Is it ok to yell "Fire Childress" in the dome during the next game?

BadlandsVikings
10-16-2008, 07:37 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Only if Childress hears it

Zeus
10-17-2008, 06:31 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

=Z=

marstc09
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

=Z=

Good point.

El Vikingo
10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
is it ok to fart into a crowded bus?

Zeus
10-17-2008, 02:37 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

You're going to be such a better fan after sitting with me this season.

=Z=

marstc09
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

You're going to be such a better fan after sitting with me this season.

=Z=

Lets just hope we are not 3-4.

singersp
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

=Z=

Good point.

Apparently, all of a sudden mediocrity is good enough for some people. Was it not them who wanted Tice gone in the first place due to mediocrity?

marstc09
10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

=Z=

Good point.

Apparently, all of a sudden mediocrity is good enough for some people. Was it not them who wanted Tice gone in the first place due to mediocrity?

4-3 and in first would keep me quiet for a little bit but deep down inside I would still want to chant fire childress at the Houston game.

Marrdro
10-17-2008, 04:00 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

I was chanting it at the TN game.
Those fans were looking at me like I was crazy.

Zeus
10-18-2008, 05:29 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

4-3, at this point, is the first step to 5-3, 6-3, 7-3 and beyond.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

singersp
10-18-2008, 06:28 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

Dare to dream Zeus, dare to dream.

The way this team is playing & the way it is being coached, I have lost faith in the abilities of the coaching staff we have in place.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 07:32 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

The way this team is playing & the way it is being coached, I have lost faith in the abilities of the coaching staff we have in place.

Still confident in the team to execute without making mistakes though I bet...... ;D

marstc09
10-18-2008, 07:57 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

Still confident in the team to execute without making mistakes though I bet...... ;D

With the talent on this team, I am also confident in them. It is the monotone one leading them that worries me.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 08:04 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

With the talent on this team, I am also confident in them. It is the monotone one leading them that worries me.

I hear ya, however, even the most casual of fans would have to agree that even with the best HC and a whole team of Vets on the field, players will still fail to execute 100% of the time.

Our problem is still that we are inconsistent at to many positions (I still blame youth) and it seems at the most inopportune times.

Again, a 300 yard (almost) passing game, a 100yard + reciever and a 100yard + rusher are all good indicators that some of that is getting smoothed out.

On a side note, I wish everyone would have had a chance to listen to Gussy Boy on the Sirius the other day.
Maybe hearing from his mouth the reason for inconsistent play would quite a few.
Probably not though, he is only the starting QB and not Tom Powers, who it seems, most people revere on here.
;D

marstc09
10-18-2008, 08:14 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

I hear ya, however, even the most casual of fans would have to agree that even with the best HC and a whole team of Vets on the field, players will still fail to execute 100% of the time.

Our problem is still that we are inconsistent at to many positions (I still blame youth) and it seems at the most inopportune times.

Again, a 300 yard (almost) passing game, a 100yard + reciever and a 100yard + rusher are all good indicators that some of that is getting smoothed out.

On a side note, I wish everyone would have had a chance to listen to Gussy Boy on the Sirius the other day.
Maybe hearing from his mouth the reason for inconsistent play would quite a few.
Probably not though, he is only the starting QB and not Tom Powers, who it seems, most people revere on here.

;D

That is where we differ. I think a 300 yard passing game and 100 rushing is not an indicator at all. That should be expected against a bottom 5 team in most areas. I think it comes down turnovers, penalties, and OL play. ejmat keeps asking why we blame Childress. If what Mike Morris said about OL blocking scheme change is true then things make sense. Our penalties are coming mostly from the OL. The fumbles came because like 3-4 guys were right on Peterson at the same time. I think we have a major OL problem. Sometimes the are fine and sometimes not. That is the inconsistency. We fix that and I think we fix a lot.

Marrdro
10-18-2008, 08:23 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

;D

That is where we differ. I think a 300 yard passing game and 100 rushing is not an indicator at all. That should be expected against a bottom 5 team in most areas. I think it comes down turnovers, penalties, and OL play. ejmat keeps asking why we blame Childress. If what Mike Morris said about OL blocking scheme change is true then things make sense. Our penalties are coming mostly from the OL. The fumbles came because like 3-4 guys were right on Peterson at the same time. I think we have a major OL problem. Sometimes the are fine and sometimes not. That is the inconsistency. We fix that and I think we fix a lot.

I asked earlier but must have missed your response......

What change to the OL blocking scheme?

marstc09
10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

=Z=

;D

I asked earlier but must have missed your response......

What change to the OL blocking scheme?

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48482.msg853815#msg853815

singersp
10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
[]

cogitans
10-18-2008, 09:55 PM
[]

El Vikingo
10-18-2008, 09:57 PM
[]

cogitans
10-18-2008, 10:00 PM
[]

Marrdro
10-19-2008, 05:27 AM
[]

marstc09
10-19-2008, 11:34 PM
[]

Zeus
10-20-2008, 07:53 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

Not if they are 4-3.

Good point.

Basic math.
10 games left.

Your math sucks! I guess it will be ok to yell fire Childress.

Here's some math for you:

Vikings ROAD record WITH Mars in attendance:
0-3
Vikings ROAD record WITHOUT Mars in attendance:
1-0

Do us a favor and skip the next couple of games on the road, okay, chief?

=Z=

El Vikingo
10-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Since mars told ,he had planned to attend 13 games this season.8 at home and 5 away.

So we are now 3-4 ,we have 4 games left away (2 with mars 2 without him) so it is legit to say we are now 5-6 ,with the rest of the schedule at home,well it could be better but still got a sligth playoff chance

Zeus
10-20-2008, 12:24 PM
"El" wrote:

Since mars told ,he had planned to attend 13 games this season.8 at home and 5 away.

So we are now 3-4 ,we have 4 games left away (2 with mars 2 without him) so it is legit to say we are now 5-6 ,with the rest of the schedule at home,well it could be better but still got a sligth playoff chance

I believe Mars is planning on going to Tampa (so that's a loss), but not Jacksonville and Detroit.
He was tossing around the idea of going to Arizona - hopefully we can talk him out of that.

So - 3-1 on the road puts the Vikings at a solid 6-5.
4-1 in the home games and that's 10-6 baby!

STAY HOME MARS!
STAY HOME MARS!

=Z=

marstc09
10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"El" wrote:

I believe Mars is planning on going to Tampa (so that's a loss), but not Jacksonville and Detroit.
He was tossing around the idea of going to Arizona - hopefully we can talk him out of that.

STAY HOME MARS!
STAY HOME MARS!

=Z=

I am going to Arizona. I might skip the Tampa one now. I also was planning Detroit but will skip it due to not wanting to waste any more money watching a team with this coaching staff. So yes with your theory we should be 3-1 on the road. As for the home games, we will go 3-2 if the Giants already are in the playoffs. That would put us at 9-7. Not bad but those road games are tough. So I will go with my theory of 1-3 on the road. Putting us at 7-9.

7-9 is my prediction.

V4L
03-25-2009, 06:26 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"El" wrote:

STAY HOME MARS!
STAY HOME MARS!

=Z=

Good call

Zeus
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"El" wrote:

STAY HOME MARS!
STAY HOME MARS!

I am going to Arizona. I might skip the Tampa one now. I also was planning Detroit but will skip it due to not wanting to waste any more money watching a team with this coaching staff. So yes with your theory we should be 3-1 on the road. As for the home games, we will go 3-2 if the Giants already are in the playoffs. That would put us at 9-7. Not bad but those road games are tough. So I will go with my theory of 1-3 on the road. Putting us at 7-9.

7-9 is my prediction.

Let's see....I predicted 10-6.
You predicted 7-9.

I'm smart.
You're not.
Maybe next season you'll learn something watching games next to me.

=Z=

C Mac D
03-26-2009, 11:11 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"El" wrote:

STAY HOME MARS!
STAY HOME MARS!

7-9 is my prediction.

You predicted 7-9.

I'm smart.
You're not.

=Z=

Hindsight is 20/20

V4L
03-26-2009, 11:19 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"El" wrote:

STAY HOME MARS!
STAY HOME MARS!

7-9 is my prediction.

You predicted 7-9.

I'm smart.
You're not.

=Z=

Had to point it out

Thought it was a pretty damn good call