PDA

View Full Version : Vikings worst team in the NFL rumor??



WBLVikeBabe
01-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I was talking to a friend today who is also a Vikings fan and she said she was watching some sports show and they were saying that the Vikings are the worst team in the NFL this year. Now I don't know what they are basing their facts on, but did anyone else hear this, or is it just a rumor??

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Did the story come out of Green Bay? :lol:

TheAnimal93
01-10-2005, 11:07 PM
she must be pulling your leg! did you explain to her how could that be? we are in the playoffs. we have a legitimate winnig record now for the moment 9-8. they must have meant the worst team in the playoffs, how we got there and all that. ask her tomorrow what they had to say about our vikes now.

WBLVikeBabe
01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
All she said was she was watching TV I think it might have even been ESPN, but she said they were saying the Vikes are the worst team in the NFL and she was getting all upset about it and yelling at them. Now I didn't see it, so I don't know but I don't quite understand it seeing that yes we are in the playoffs and we're not from Cincinatti. I kinda just wrote it off, but I had to see if anyone else saw it cause I do admit, yes for a couple of minutes it bothered me until I realized that she must have been mistaken cause we are not the worst team in the NFL.

XTAP59
01-10-2005, 11:15 PM
It must be that Steve Young time loop thing.
Has he lost his job yet?

cheesefree
01-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Lets see, Pepp broke Marinos NFL record. They finished 8-8 but lost three games by a FG in the final seconds, they were a little luck and 9 points away from being 11-5. They are in the playoffs, and the Niners have the # 1 pick....

Nope, I'd say the 2-14 Niners were the worst team in the NFL.

snowinapril
01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
It might have been worded different. I could have seen it if it was about one particular stat. Or if it was about being underachievers this year but we definitely were not the worst team this year.

That would be great if we could win the SB and still convince everyone that we were the worst team and some how even convince Miami and SF to give us their draft position because we are truely the worst team. It must be our "used" car salesman owner trying to fanagle his way into the draft order.

sandviking
01-11-2005, 01:13 AM
I agree with you snowinapril, but you had better watch the "car salesman" comment. How quickly you forget. [-X (It's an inside joke, people)

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 01:25 AM
"sandviking" wrote:

I agree with you snowinapril, but you had better watch the "car salesman" comment. How quickly you forget. [-X (It's an inside joke, people)

There, I made it a little more T.C. (as opposed to P.C.) for you.

LOL

JJ

:salute:

sandviking
01-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Thanks bro. I knew you weren't a hater! :thumbleft: I'm just glad I don't do that anymore.

scorptile
01-11-2005, 04:08 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

Lets see, Pepp broke Marinos NFL record.

actually he didnt break marino's record he only got 39...he was 9 td's off...the season MVP (peyton manning) broke the record with 49TD's and has 3 recievers with over 1000 yards and ten touch downs apiece. if your gonna state a fact please get it right.

Storm
01-11-2005, 05:42 AM
"scorptile" wrote:


actually he didnt break marino's record

WRONG! Pepp got more overall yards than Marino in his record year. Before you critisize someone, get you own facts straight.

Steamed Turtle
01-11-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm going to have to argree with the viking fan on this one.

ultravikingfan
01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
"Storm" wrote:

"scorptile" wrote:


actually he didnt break marino's record

WRONG! Pepp got more overall yards than Marino in his record year. Before you critisize someone, get you own facts straight.

To set the record straight:
Marino had a record of of 5,084 yards passing. He had -7 on rushing giving him 5,077 yards.

Pep had 4,717 yards passing. Hed had 406 yards rushing giving him 5,123 total yards. NFL record. His 110.9 QB rating is the 4th highest.

cheesefree
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
"scorptile" wrote:

"cheesefree" wrote:

Lets see, Pepp broke Marinos NFL record.

actually he didnt break marino's record he only got 39...he was 9 td's off...the season MVP (peyton manning) broke the record with 49TD's and has 3 recievers with over 1000 yards and ten touch downs apiece. if your gonna state a fact please get it right.

I'm well aware of what Manning accomplished this season. Marino has many records, and Pepp broke one of them.
Perhaps you should get your facts right.

AngloVike
01-11-2005, 11:59 AM
"kinkel" wrote:

I was talking to a friend today who is also a Vikings fan and she said she was watching some sports show and they were saying that the Vikings are the worst team in the NFL this year. Now I don't know what they are basing their facts on, but did anyone else hear this, or is it just a rumor??
of course we are, thats why were in the last four teams of the NFC and the last eight of the entire NFL..... another great revelation from some of the so-called sports experts on TV

ultravikingfan
01-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey cheesefree, once the Colts eventually get handled this bum will leave. Too bad he is from MN. Probably some little kid eating his Happy Meal figuring why he hasn't any friends. So, he decided since the world hates him, he will just make other miserable. Frankly, we need to stick the "Troll Enforcer" on him. Go get that troll Del Rio!

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 12:25 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"kinkel" wrote:

I was talking to a friend today who is also a Vikings fan and she said she was watching some sports show and they were saying that the Vikings are the worst team in the NFL this year. Now I don't know what they are basing their facts on, but did anyone else hear this, or is it just a rumor??
of course we are, thats why were in the last four teams of the NFC and the last eight of the entire NFL..... another great revelation from some of the so-called sports experts on TV

We must realize that the sports writing community dislikes us.

Last season, we get them to start writing columns about us when we are 6-0 and going to the Superbowl.

Then we crash and burn and left a lot of writers looking stupid.

This year, we start off hot and the reporters start to jump on the wagon and write the nice columns about the Vikes winning it all. But there were some that hesitated. There were less backers than last year. They had another team they could also hang their hat on, the Eagles. The ones that backed us early on got burned again when we took a turn for the worse and didn't even win the Norris Div.

Now the majority of the people that backed us early on and then abandoned us, don't want to help the team that cried SuperBowl. They want to make us look bad so that they don't have to look as bad later on. Plus all the Eagle supporters all season long would like to see us lose or they were wrong.

Needless to say, we are not liked by anyone right now. We can burn them all by winning this thing.

When we beat the Eagles, be prepared for the Eagle backers to really put their two cents in, it will probably get worse before getting better.

The only way to shut them up would be a victory like 41-10 or some blow out like that. I don't think we are going to blow the Eagles out so be prepared.

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Common Scorp,

don't be so stingy with the records, let us and Daunte have a couple. I mean common Manning got the MVP too.

Leave scorp alone, he just got over anxious.

Kleinsasser40
01-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Ask her if she knows who the 49ers are...

purplepat
01-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Two things -

Not sure what ESPN said specifically, but I have read or heard these items in the last couple of days. The Vikings had the worst "final 10 regular season game record" of any postseason team in NFL history. Reworded, the Vikings are the first NFL team to lose at least 7 of their final 10 games and and make the postseason/playoffs. Secondly, the Vikings and Packers were said to have the two worst defenses to have ever made it to the postseason. Now, I'm not sure if I heard that they meant that they were the worst in terms of total yardage given up, I think it was in relation to passer rating. At any rate, the Vikings were the worst in history, the Packers 2nd worst.

As "defense wins championships", this would not bode well for the Vikings Super Bowl chances. Then again, the Colts don't exactly have a stellar defense either, but no one is saying that they don't have a snowball's chance.

I could care less what is said about the Vikings, as long as they post the "W" at the end of the day.

vikesls
01-11-2005, 03:15 PM
There is no way the Vikings are the worst team in the NFL. I think you could argue that we have the worst defense (except for last Sunday :thumbright: ) at least on some statistic. But with Pep having the passing year he is we can't be worst.

I'd give it to either Miami or SF and it sure doesn't break my heart any to see SF suffering a bit.

Vikes
01-11-2005, 03:29 PM
"kinkel" wrote:

I was talking to a friend today who is also a Vikings fan and she said she was watching some sports show and they were saying that the Vikings are the worst team in the NFL this year. Now I don't know what they are basing their facts on, but did anyone else hear this, or is it just a rumor??
The Vikes get no respect. I don't blame people the team is up and down all the time. People don't like up and down, they want steady losses or wins.

Del Rio
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Last time I checked there are 8 teams left and we are one of them.

vikoles
01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Screwww the media lets cheer and know and be confident we WIL get it done with or w/o them! :)

scorptile
01-12-2005, 01:23 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Hey cheesefree, once the Colts eventually get handled this bum will leave. Too bad he is from MN. Probably some little kid eating his Happy Meal figuring why he hasn't any friends. So, he decided since the world hates him, he will just make other miserable. Frankly, we need to stick the "Troll Enforcer" on him. Go get that troll Del Rio!

lol hahahaha good one...i wont leave i like it here..plus the pat fans have invaded the colts forums and there are lots of trolls there...and actually i hope the vikings beat the eagles...but what i am talkin about is this the pats are hurt the colts are not so i figure when the pats loose we will get to see colts vs steelers.. :D plus if i wanted ot be a troll i would be..

scorptile
01-12-2005, 01:25 AM
ah ok total yards that i wasnt looking at...and they didnt publicize it though...you guys made it sound like it was the TD record...just had to let ya know on that..