PDA

View Full Version : eagles collapse

vikez06
01-10-2005, 06:28 PM
if the vikes win... all hell is gonna break loose in philly!!!
4th straight year not makin it to the superbowl!!!
man i really wanna see this happen!!!!!
COME ON VIKES :bootyshake:

PAvikesfan
01-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I am front and center for this... no more than just pure joy when the vikes shrug off the eagles this sunday... I really can't wait to see the looks on my co-workers' faces when the eagles regress by losing to the vikes and not even make it to the NFC championship game! then it will be revenge on Atlanta from 98, I figure. but this time we have morten on our side..hahaha

Richie_the_K
01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

I am front and center for this... no more than just pure joy when the vikes shrug off the eagles this sunday... I really can't wait to see the looks on my co-workers' faces when the eagles regress by losing to the vikes and not even make it to the NFC championship game! then it will be revenge on Atlanta from 98, I figure. but this time we have morten on our side..hahaha

Yeah...the same Morten who fell down one time and barely cleared a 35 yarder his other attempt.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 09:23 PM
And the same McNabb who has choked the last 3 years :pukeright:

Richie_the_K
01-10-2005, 10:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

And the same McNabb who has choked the last 3 years :pukeright:

Not in the divisional playoff round. :thumbright:

Webby
01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Oh, well, that makes it all better. Choker.

NeoVikesTX
01-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Our Vikings are 10 point underdogs this game and the media is even more obsessed with Moss this week. Let's see what happens.

PAvikesfan
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
"Richie_the_K" wrote:

"PAvikesfan" wrote:

Yeah...the same Morten who fell down one time and barely cleared a 35 yarder his other attempt.

in bold: It's a joke, cheesesteak eater. hence the hahaha.

choker chains are still sold out from last year in all nearby pet stores on Broad St.

but I might be able to send you one.

seth in 736
01-11-2005, 08:46 AM
PAvikes fan-

Do you realize the undeniable winning % of teams coming off the bye wk, vs a wildcard ROAD team who pulled off a victory?

There is a reason Minnyhaha is a 10 pt dog headin into Philly. I realize you were gettin 6 in Lambeau, but come on, Green Bays D is the only one in the playoffs worse than the Vikings' D.

I think you're goin to be hearin it from your coworkers come Monday- hope you work somewhere that has off for MLK day.

PAvikesfan
01-11-2005, 09:25 AM
no TO... our corners can cover your lack luster remaining WR's. also, did the vikes D look like they were ranked 28th against one of the top Offenses in Green Bay. they picked Favre apart, rushed his "awesome" line. Favre, who is still and always will be a much better opponent than McNabb Chokeonnads will ever be. you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost. you never tested your O without your key scorer... you will be rusty and you will look like you did against Pitt after the Vikes do the same in scoring 17 unanswered points.

And Green Bay D (since you like to blur the facts) was not the worst D in the playoffs statistically from the season, the Vikes were. funny, we will not be easy. get ready for the forth year of choking and disappointment.

RagnarRatio
01-11-2005, 09:53 AM
And the Pack had an "O" that the Vikes couldn't stop either. At least the secondary and linebackers can leave the middle of the field open this week. Those girls won't want to risk that.

"seth in 736" wrote:

PAvikes fan-

Do you realize the undeniable winning % of teams coming off the bye wk, vs a wildcard ROAD team who pulled off a victory?

There is a reason Minnyhaha is a 10 pt dog headin into Philly. I realize you were gettin 6 in Lambeau, but come on, Green Bays D is the only one in the playoffs worse than the Vikings' D.

I think you're goin to be hearin it from your coworkers come Monday- hope you work somewhere that has off for MLK day.

PhillyGirl
01-11-2005, 10:12 AM
How can Vikings fans call the Eagles chokers? Have you slept through the last few seasons of Vikings disasters?

And RagnarRatio...that last post might be the most ignorant I've read. Leave the middle of the field open with Brian Westbrook, LJ Smith and McNabb?

lol...good gameplan. I sure hope the Vikings do that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

seth in 736
01-11-2005, 10:27 AM
PA VIKES FAN WROTE:
"...you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost..."

OK, um, no sir.

Last yr they had no BRIAN WESTBROOK AVAILABLE.

LAST YR- the defense was terrible against the run.

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT WHERE PHILLY RANKS V. THE RUN From the time Trotter assumed his startin spot? They went from 21st to 9th.

And who again, do the Vikes have in the backfield that Philly needs to lose sleep over? A ego inflated rookie, (moore), Smith the druggie and Broken again Bennett? Please, Culpepper could likely be the leadin rusher for Minny on Sunday.

* you also cite that Minnys was worse than GBs (Defense) in your defense- as if my being incorrect- (and I wasnt, i submit-explanation to follow) somehow strengthens the Vikes chances on Sunday? As for the D- I dont go by net yds allowed as the NFL does in determining who is ranked where. I look at talent, and you clearly have more talent on the D side of the ball than does GB- IMO.)

PAvikesfan
01-11-2005, 10:27 AM
it is not so much who has choked more, cause the vikes and eagles might be in a foot race for that title. however, it's when and how the teams choke that makes the Eagles the honorary "Buffalo Bills" of the NFC. Just how many mediocre and less talented teams have the Eagles lost to in the NFC Championship in the last three years? answer: anyone who gets to play against them in the NFC Championship game. This is the second biggest game of the off-season. so with style and grace, the Eagles = NFC Buffalo Bills. I do remember Atlanta beating us in 98 in the NFC Championship, and I remember how much that sucked... but i can't imagine three years of it. but a side note: Cunningham was our quarterback...maybe choking in the NFC Championship runs through Philly QB's veins.

also, you should have left Feeley in for the NFC Championship game. Up to that point he had a better record in the playoffs. you might have lost to an AFC team in the superbowl that year. I remember McNabb really sucking it up, cause he was rusty... maybe we will see more of that on Sunday.

seth in 736
01-11-2005, 10:31 AM
How long did that rusty McNabb play in the NFC Championship game?...............

cajunvike
01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
"seth in 736" wrote:

PAvikes fan-

Don't be so sure that your statistic will hold up on Sunday...the difference between the team that the Vikes were in the regular season and the playoff Viking TEAM is like night and day...the Defense is playing much better than their regular season record would indicate...the Offense is also playing with more confidence...Bottom Line is that if Minnesota comes in with the same focus as last week, they CAN beat PhilMe on Sunday...beware, the Vikings are dangerous right now!

PhillyGirl
01-11-2005, 10:44 AM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

Favre, who is still and always will be a much better opponent than McNabb Chokeonnads will ever be.

Guess you missed that head to head matchup this year.

you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost. you never tested your O without your key scorer... you will be rusty and you will look like you did against Pitt after the Vikes do the same in scoring 17 unanswered points.

Come on, you really can't be ignorant like this. Seriously. The Eagles averaged 30 points per game last year in the last 8 games of the season WITHOUT TO.

The Eagles run defense is 10th in the league, up from 26th...where it was before Trotter was put back as starting MLB. That was week 10. In SIX weeks, the run defense improved THAT much.

You really have zero credibility when you post nonsense like this. Talk smack with some actual INFORMED posts and maybe someone here will take you seriously.

cajunvike
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"PAvikesfan" wrote:

Favre, who is still and always will be a much better opponent than McNabb Chokeonnads will ever be.

Guess you missed that head to head matchup this year.

you are where you were last year with out TO, except your D can't stop a highschool running back and you had 4 weeks off almost. you never tested your O without your key scorer... you will be rusty and you will look like you did against Pitt after the Vikes do the same in scoring 17 unanswered points.

Come on, you really can't be ignorant like this. Seriously. The Eagles averaged 30 points per game last year in the last 8 games of the season WITHOUT TO.

The Eagles run defense is 10th in the league, up from 26th...where it was before Trotter was put back as starting MLB. That was week 10. In SIX weeks, the run defense improved THAT much.

You really have zero credibility when you post nonsense like this. Talk smack with some actual INFORMED posts and maybe someone here will take you seriously.

I hope that your Iggles think that it will be as much of a cakewalk as you do...that way we can surprise them like we did the Packers and the rest of the media idiots who didn't give us a chance last week!

PhillyGirl
01-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I never said it would be a cakewalk. PAVikesfan's posts were totally ignorant. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't point that out?

And sorry to tell you, the fans/media have nothing to do with the players.

Del Rio
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Not your job to point anything out. Thanks for the charity work though.

PhillyGirl
01-11-2005, 11:16 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Not your job to point anything out. Thanks for the charity work though.
As a fan who has actually watched or attended every eagles game this year, sure it is. Whenever you're a serious fan of a team, you have more knowledge about that team than a serious fan of another team. You watch them every week, you know more.

As a fan, I was pointing out the blatantly false points that were being made.

But you can feel free to keep insulting me on every single thread I post on. Its pretty amusing.

Del Rio
01-11-2005, 11:24 AM
If you think that was an insult I'm sorry you have such thin skin.

Just funny how you are so damned defensive and so ignorant yourself and yet you sit on a high horse.

Can you say hypocrite? I think you can.

PhillyGirl
01-11-2005, 11:32 AM
What high horse do I sit on? Because I can claim to have seen every game the Eagles played this year I'm sitting on a high horse?

Take a look in the mirror....if you can find one up that high.

seth in 736
01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
PG-

I think one can address points made, even some not so straight ones like PA Vikes', without a quasi condescending attitude, like this:

"You really have zero credibility when you post nonsense like this. Talk smack with some actual INFORMED posts and maybe someone here will take you seriously."

I THINK thats what theyre talkin about here. And remember, you may not have meant to come off that way, but being that you arent a Vikes fan and are on thier site, everything a fan of the Birds says here this wk is going to be more heavily scrutinized.

Just sayin'.

PhillyGirl
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Sorry, when smack talking with completely untrue statements, you open yourself up for ridicule. And it gives zero credibility. Therefore, I have every right to say so.

Pretty touchy for fans of a team with Randy Moss. lol :roll:

Del Rio
01-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Guess I'm not really making the connection between his opinion and your anger?

He thinks Favre is better then Mcnabb he is. It is just a matter of opinion no right no wrong answer.

He thinks your D can't stop the run. I'm not sure we flirted with 100 yards in game one and had to abandon the run because we were behind. But I wouldn't say you were a dominant run stopping team. I wouldn't jsutify that as ignorance.

The only thing I can see remotely off in his comments are the TO ones. And frankly he was your #1 reciever he opened things up that wont be there anymore. I don't personally feel him not being there is all that great. I'm glad he isn't but he never was the problem for us anyway.

So he says those few things and you get all uptight and defensive like the sky is falling.

A few points of interest is we handled you guys the first game we moved the ball well we had more yards we did pretty much what we wanted. Only YOUR D stepped up when it had too and your guys's heart shone brighter then ours. We had planty of chances to win but your D raised its game to a whole other level.

Yeah you have some great talent but the difference IMO is the D cord he is a genius we cannot combat that he called a brilliant game. This game is not favored one way or another. I am not convinced you hold any edge on is at all.

We can hold on to the ball quite well. We had the best 3rd down % in the league we converted 102/195 3rd downs. We had almost 1000 yards more then you guys. Your D managed to get in 47 sacks and yet our Crappy D who has one of the highest ranked front four recorded 39. Not to shabby.

Our recievers have cathches of 60+ yards and 80+ yards for scores. You can try to get to Pepper but it just doesn't get to him like you think. Look at his stats from game one. Besides maybe getting to him isn't a good thing for you. He has a nasty habit of getting away from the pass rush and burning a team.

Daunte is hot right now he was near the top of the league in almost all stats. He threw for almost 1000 more yards the Mcnabb and maintains a better percentage and passer rating.

I know you didn't say it was going to be a blow out. But this is our house this is our message board. Opinions are cheap and everyone has one. You want facts? I seem to remember me giving you a whole list of stats that you shrugged off. SO either have fun and talk smack or lighten up and talk serious you can't do both.

I think we will win this game. There is nothing on your team that stands out as a huge beacon to say you can beat us in the playoffs at this stage in the season. You talk about watching all the Philly games and knowing your team better then us and that is true. The same holds true for us. You guys criticise our D? Well if you have been watching them you would know they are extreemly improved since game 1 week one and have gotten better every week. They are making big plays. And yet because a few of you watched Chris Berman or Terry Bradshaw you guys are experts on our D? :roll:

Then again of course this is so close a matchup you could say the same. I'm not insulting you I know you cry for intelligent football talk and that is something to be respected. But there is some ignorant stuff flowing from your side of the fence as well.

cajunvike
01-11-2005, 02:25 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

I never said it would be a cakewalk. PAVikesfan's posts were totally ignorant. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't point that out?

And sorry to tell you, the fans/media have nothing to do with the players.

That is why I said that I hope that the PLAYERS feel that it will be a cakewalk!!!

PAvikesfan
01-11-2005, 02:46 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

also, you should have left Feeley in for the NFC Championship game. Up to that point he had a better record in the playoffs. you might have lost to an AFC team in the superbowl that year. I remember McNabb really sucking it up, cause he was rusty... maybe we will see more of that on Sunday.

hate to quote myself but I don't have time to rewrite it... I think it was the AJ Feeley comment that caused this verbal scuffle-hahahahaha. just kidding...or am I?

Lighten up.

Oh and the art form of smack-talking is to get under your opponents skin--mission accomplished.

your not the first non-vike fan that I pissed off.

PAvikesfan
01-11-2005, 03:16 PM

simply, last year was last year... who cares? how many points did they score this year without TO in the game this year?

IMO--common sense tells me that if you lose someone who scores about half your points per game like TO, that you test out your new O for at least mos of a game before you take a 3 week break. McNabb might be rusty and the way the vikes D are playing in the playoffs they might key on it.

Richie_the_K
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

simply, last year was last year... who cares? how many points did they score this year without TO in the game this year?

IMO--common sense tells me that if you lose someone who scores about half your points per game like TO, that you test out your new O for at least mos of a game before you take a 3 week break. McNabb might be rusty and the way the vikes D are playing in the playoffs they might key on it.

The point is a counter argument to the fact that everybody says the Eagles offense can't score without TO. They are now a similar offense to what they were in the past, which was able to post some respectable numbers in their own right.

One drive without TO with all the regular starters....one TD. With a vanilla scheme...they ran the ball the whole time, they never run that much. The rest of the time was with Koy Detmer, Jeff Blake and the rest of the backups. That is less relevant than last years scoring numbers with the current personnel.

Rusty.......it's not like he hasn't thrown a football in two months....they do practice you know. Oh, yeah, the Viking defense is playing so great....they got 4 turnovers. You won't get 4 turnovers on Sunday. McNabb protects the ball unlike that guy in Green Bay.

ADubya26
01-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I really dont know how anyone can assume how the Eagles will play - even their fans. Will they show up like they did on that first drive against the Rams and be running on all cylinders? Maybe. Will they come out like they did against the Panthers last year, where McNabb throws 3-4 ints and you guys "choke"? Maybe. And who's to say our defense will play like last week and not like we did the last quarter or the regular season? There are a lot of unknowns for this game. My opinion is that it will coaching and turnovers that will determine the game. Coaching goes to the Eagles and turnovers, we'll see. Im trying to stay humble as a Viking fan, because I know better than to get cocky!

Richie_the_K
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Guess I'm not really making the connection between his opinion and your anger?

He thinks Favre is better then Mcnabb he is. It is just a matter of opinion no right no wrong answer.........That's fine .my opinion is the opposite. I don't think Favre ever beat McNabb head to head and he certainly is a notch below him this year. But you guys can disagree. My opinion is McNabb is better than Culpepper too, but I'm sure you definitely will disagree with that one. that's fine, I'm glad McNabb's on my team.

He thinks your D can't stop the run. I'm not sure we flirted with 100 yards in game one and had to abandon the run because we were behind. But I wouldn't say you were a dominant run stopping team. I wouldn't jsutify that as ignorance...........We're not dominant, but we turned into a pretty good run defense. But that probably won't be relevant, you're not a strong run team, we don't have to be good at stopping it, even though we are improved.

The only thing I can see remotely off in his comments are the TO ones. And frankly he was your #1 reciever he opened things up that wont be there anymore. I don't personally feel him not being there is all that great. I'm glad he isn't but he never was the problem for us anyway........He will be missed, no doubt. Great player he is, but we'll survive without him, we have other weapons.

So he says those few things and you get all uptight and defensive like the sky is falling........What else are fans to do?

A few points of interest is we handled you guys the first game we moved the ball well we had more yards we did pretty much what we wanted. Only YOUR D stepped up when it had too and your guys's heart shone brighter then ours. We had planty of chances to win but your D raised its game to a whole other level.......That is true, they did move the ball well. You also have to realize the Eagles had a lot of new personnel in that defense this year and everything wasn't fully jelled in week 2. I expect you'll see stiffer competition on Sunday. They've started to put it all together the second half of the season. Including the move of Trotter and Simoneau

Yeah you have some great talent but the difference IMO is the D cord he is a genius we cannot combat that he called a brilliant game. This game is not favored one way or another. I am not convinced you hold any edge on is at all. Not favored one way or another?.......9 point spread in Vegas? 13-3 team vs. 9-8 team, we're at home? Am I missing something? Just because the Vikings are the flavor of the week after they beat last week's flavor, the Packers. I don't buy into the media hype. But in one paragraph, you say we have good coaching and then say we have no edge whatsoever...I'd say we have the coaching edge personally, in addition to defense and special teams.

We can hold on to the ball quite well. We had the best 3rd down % in the league we converted 102/195 3rd downs. We had almost 1000 yards more then you guys. Your D managed to get in 47 sacks and yet our Crappy D who has one of the highest ranked front four recorded 39. Not to shabby......You guys will get some drives, I have no doubt about that....but can you get into the red zone this game, unlike last time? That's the question. The Eagles really buckle down in the red zone.

Our recievers have cathches of 60+ yards and 80+ yards for scores. You can try to get to Pepper but it just doesn't get to him like you think. Look at his stats from game one. Besides maybe getting to him isn't a good thing for you. He has a nasty habit of getting away from the pass rush and burning a team....... Hell, Pinkston is around the top of the league in plays 50+ long. Nobody is scared of him it seems....why should we be scared of yours. Culpepper is dangerous when he breaks containment...McNabb is the same way so you need to worry about it as much as we do. I think having Kearse will be a good defense against this, since he'll probably stand in the joker position quite a lot (lines up like a blitzing linebacker up the middle) But I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks off some runs....as McNabb probably will too.

Daunte is hot right now he was near the top of the league in almost all stats. He threw for almost 1000 more yards the Mcnabb and maintains a better percentage and passer rating.........He also tends to fumble a lot and McNabb has been playing pretty good as well this year, if you hadn't noticed. Plus, the offensive styles of the two teams are pretty different. They are both great players, I wouldn't necesarily say either team has an edge. Statistics are nice, but in the course of the game, McNabb brings the same intangibles Daunte does and he usually finds ways to win.

I know you didn't say it was going to be a blow out. But this is our house this is our message board. Opinions are cheap and everyone has one. You want facts? I seem to remember me giving you a whole list of stats that you shrugged off. SO either have fun and talk smack or lighten up and talk serious you can't do both...........I don't think it will be a blow out...but I'm confident the Eagles will win. They've never lost their first playoff game under Reid, McNabb & Co. And this is the best Eagles team I've ever seen during all those years....even without TO.

I think we will win this game. There is nothing on your team that stands out as a huge beacon to say you can beat us in the playoffs at this stage in the season. You talk about watching all the Philly games and knowing your team better then us and that is true. The same holds true for us. You guys criticise our D? Well if you have been watching them you would know they are extreemly improved since game 1 week one and have gotten better every week. They are making big plays. And yet because a few of you watched Chris Berman or Terry Bradshaw you guys are experts on our D? :roll:.............I know it's still not as good as ours....and you're right, nothing on our team does standout....we're solid in all areas, we're a complete team...say like the Patriots, perhaps? We just haven't taken it to the next level as they have done. But when you're this competitive for this long, you're doing something right.

Then again of course this is so close a matchup you could say the same. I'm not insulting you I know you cry for intelligent football talk and that is something to be respected. But there is some ignorant stuff flowing from your side of the fence as well......... I don't mean to sound ignorant and I realize you guys have as good a chance as any to win....but I honestly don't think the matchup is that close. I find it hard to believe an 8-8 team based on one game has made this giant leap to be in the same class as the Eagles. I watched that game....Green Bay gave you that game...the same Green Bay team that we demolished. And while that really has no bearing one way or another...You should have beaten Green Bay as bad as you did with all those turnovers. There was nothing about the Vikings in that game that stood out and said that the Eagles won't be able to overcome this. Just my opinion.

cajunvike
01-12-2005, 12:08 AM
... your D can't stop the run. I'm not sure we flirted with 100 yards in game one and had to abandon the run because we were behind. But I wouldn't say you were a dominant run stopping team. I wouldn't jsutify that as ignorance...........We're not dominant, but we turned into a pretty good run defense. But that probably won't be relevant, you're not a strong run team, we don't have to be good at stopping it, even though we are improved. Our running game is better than the stats say...we will show you this weekend.

A few points of interest is we handled you guys the first game we moved the ball well we had more yards we did pretty much what we wanted. Only YOUR D stepped up when it had too and your guys's heart shone brighter then ours. We had planty of chances to win but your D raised its game to a whole other level.......That is true, they did move the ball well. You also have to realize the Eagles had a lot of new personnel in that defense this year and everything wasn't fully jelled in week 2. I expect you'll see stiffer competition on Sunday. They've started to put it all together the second half of the season. Including the move of Trotter and Simoneau. Our D will be much improved from the one you guys faced in Week 2 as well...more like what you saw against GB.

Yeah you have some great talent but the difference IMO is the D cord he is a genius we cannot combat that he called a brilliant game. This game is not favored one way or another. I am not convinced you hold any edge on is at all. Not favored one way or another?.......9 point spread in Vegas? 13-3 team vs. 9-8 team, we're at home? Am I missing something? Just because the Vikings are the flavor of the week after they beat last week's flavor, the Packers. I don't buy into the media hype. But in one paragraph, you say we have good coaching and then say we have no edge whatsoever...I'd say we have the coaching edge personally, in addition to defense and special teams. The D is alot closer than you think...and our O is much better than yours.

We can hold on to the ball quite well. We had the best 3rd down % in the league we converted 102/195 3rd downs. We had almost 1000 yards more then you guys. Your D managed to get in 47 sacks and yet our Crappy D who has one of the highest ranked front four recorded 39. Not to shabby......You guys will get some drives, I have no doubt about that....but can you get into the red zone this game, unlike last time? That's the question. The Eagles really buckle down in the red zone. The difference this time is that we WILL score in the Red Zone...we have many more options this time around.

Daunte is hot right now he was near the top of the league in almost all stats. He threw for almost 1000 more yards the Mcnabb and maintains a better percentage and passer rating.........He also tends to fumble a lot and McNabb has been playing pretty good as well this year, if you hadn't noticed. Plus, the offensive styles of the two teams are pretty different. They are both great players, I wouldn't necesarily say either team has an edge. Statistics are nice, but in the course of the game, McNabb brings the same intangibles Daunte does and he usually finds ways to win. Daunte will repeat his near flawless performance again this week...and the rest of the offense will follow suit.

I know you didn't say it was going to be a blow out. But this is our house this is our message board. Opinions are cheap and everyone has one. You want facts? I seem to remember me giving you a whole list of stats that you shrugged off. SO either have fun and talk smack or lighten up and talk serious you can't do both...........I don't think it will be a blow out...but I'm confident the Eagles will win. They've never lost their first playoff game under Reid, McNabb & Co. And this is the best Eagles team I've ever seen during all those years....even without TO. History will be made again this week...Reid will lose his first playoff game of any postseason for the first time, not because he is outcoached, but because his players will be outplayed.

I think we will win this game. There is nothing on your team that stands out as a huge beacon to say you can beat us in the playoffs at this stage in the season. You talk about watching all the Philly games and knowing your team better then us and that is true. The same holds true for us. You guys criticise our D? Well if you have been watching them you would know they are extreemly improved since game 1 week one and have gotten better every week. They are making big plays. And yet because a few of you watched Chris Berman or Terry Bradshaw you guys are experts on our D? .............I know it's still not as good as ours....and you're right, nothing on our team does standout....we're solid in all areas, we're a complete team...say like the Patriots, perhaps? We just haven't taken it to the next level as they have done. But when you're this competitive for this long, you're doing something right. When we are playing up to our talent level, we can beat anyone...and that includes the Iggles...our D can make enough stops to allow the offense to take over the game...Daunte and Co are on a mission.

Then again of course this is so close a matchup you could say the same. I'm not insulting you I know you cry for intelligent football talk and that is something to be respected. But there is some ignorant stuff flowing from your side of the fence as well......... I don't mean to sound ignorant and I realize you guys have as good a chance as any to win....but I honestly don't think the matchup is that close. I find it hard to believe an 8-8 team based on one game has made this giant leap to be in the same class as the Eagles. I watched that game....Green Bay gave you that game...the same Green Bay team that we demolished. And while that really has no bearing one way or another...You should have beaten Green Bay as bad as you did with all those turnovers. There was nothing about the Vikings in that game that stood out and said that the Eagles won't be able to overcome this. Just my opinion. We are only 8-8, but that is due to not playing up to our talent level...most pundits would agree that we, along with the Saints, have two of the most talented team in the NFL...so while you may view us as a run-of-the-mill team, we have the potential to be the best...if the Red Sox could turn it on for 8 straight games to win the World Series, then the Vikings can turn it on for four games to win it all as well...if something like that is to happen, then this is the year. Just MY opinion! :salute: [/b]

mikey418
01-12-2005, 08:20 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

... your D can't stop the run. I'm not sure we flirted with 100 yards in game one and had to abandon the run because we were behind.

The Eagles CAN stop the run. Look at the stats since the Pittsburgh game, but don't look at the St. Louis/Cincy game since our practice squad was playing that game. Moving from 21st in defense to 10th is HUGE improvement. No team has run all over the Eagles since Trotter has been inserted in the lineup. It says something when a MLB only starts 6 games and makes the pro-bowl...

"cajunvike" wrote:

Our D will be much improved from the one you guys faced in Week 2 as well...more like what you saw against GB.
Too bad that that was against Green Bay...who is VERY over-rated. Green Bay has problems on offense and defense. I know you'll mention all the turnovers generated in that game, but the credit for those has to go squarely on Farve. Some of the passes he threw right to your DBs. McNabb does not turn the ball over - look at his career stats. That's the one thing he doesn't do.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... The D is alot closer than you think...and our O is much better than yours.
See above about the defense. On offense, the Vikes have a better skilled position at WR with Moss since the Eagles are without, but that's it. And don't forget that he'll be going against a pro-bowl secondary and he won't be close to 100%. It's a push at Qb and RB, and the Eagles have a better O-line and TE (both of which would be a push if the Vikes were healthy). The Eagles offense (ranked 9th) is not much behind the Vikes offense(ranked 4th). And don't forget that the Eagles ranking would have been higher if not for the 2 final games with the backups.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... The difference this time is that we WILL score in the Red Zone...we have many more options this time around.
What many more options to the Vikes have? They are without M. Williams and a banged up Randy Moss. No team has consistently scored on the Eagles in the Redzone. Look at the stats...Philly has one of, if not the best red zone defense in the league.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... Daunte will repeat his near flawless performance again this week...and the rest of the offense will follow suit.
Hard to say how certain players will perform. The Eagles defense, much like last time, will take away the big play. Daunte fumbled, threw an INT, and should have been picked off a 2nd time when Michael Lewis dropped it - he has to play a flawless game for the Vikes to have a shot.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... History will be made again this week...Reid will lose his first playoff game of any postseason for the first time, not because he is outcoached, but because his players will be outplayed.
I guess you know nothing of the Eagles. Their record is excellent following the bye. I highly doubt a beat up, weary Vikes team will outplay a rested, highly hungry/motivated Eagles team. A big key to the game will be if the Vikes can match the Philly intensity.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... When we are playing up to our talent level, we can beat anyone...and that includes the Iggles...our D can make enough stops to allow the
offense to take over the game...Daunte and Co are on a mission.
Same statement may be made about the Eagles, except that there defense and special teams are much better than the Vikes. Everyone forgets about the special teams, but your kicker's limited FG range and short kick offs will hurt the Vikes in this game.

[quote="cajunvike"]... We are only 8-8, but that is due to not playing up to our talent level...most pundits would agree that we, along with the Saints, have two of the most talented team in the NFL...so while you may view us as a run-of-the-mill team, we have the potential to be the best...if the Red Sox could turn it on for 8 straight games to win the World Series, then the Vikings can turn it on for four games to win it all as well...if something like that is to happen, then this is the year.[/qoute]
If you break down the teams, the Vikes clearly have more holes than the Eagles. That being said, anything can happen on Sunday. Being consistant in the NFL is what is needed to win games and advance in the playoffs - and this has been proven throughout the history of the league. If every team played up to their talent level, the NFL/playoff landscape would look a lot different.

You seem to just look at the Vikes with purple-colored glasses and think that what the Eagles will attempt to do on Sunday does not matter. The team with the best scheme who executes the best and has the fewest turnovers will win this game. Point blank. No talk about advantages this or high-powered/improved that....this game will come down to how well each team is prepared, and with as much time as the Eagles have had, they have to have the edge.

Del Rio
01-12-2005, 08:23 AM
I can respect everything you countered with. I don't agree with it but I respect it. When was the last game Daunte Fumbled? Exactly we are a much improved team as well in all areas.

This just goes back to you knowing your team really well and knowing nothing of mine. And the same can be said for me I don't know all the small adjustments your team has made.

Vegas spread means jack. I do not base my opinions on odds. I base them on my own perception. So that point is moot. They can figure in almost everything to get pretty accurate but they can never figure in heart and desire.

We have one of the best red zone teams and the best 3rd down percentage. We have played teams with great D this year and still have managed to move the ball. So it will be interesting come Sunday to see how it goes.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Eagles will bring the heat they are a very energetic and smart football team from what I have seen. The coaching is by far the best aspect they have in an edge over us. But yet there is still this air of confidence and treating us like underdogs that really shines of ignorance.

We are capable of putting up yards and points really fast.

As far as your 8-8 comment almost every game we lost was by less then 1 score. The records can be decieving. If we make one more play then you do and make that TD on the goal line or make that first down you guys are done. I know Philly seems to have this impression they man handled us in the early part of the season but they did anything but.

We had plenty of chances to win and since you like to use the ever so practical Green Bay beat themselves type of point I would say you didn't beat us we beat ourselves. Nothing impressess me on your team to the point of being affraid of losing this game.

We are a much better team now to. The D didn't just magically get better they have slowly gotten better all year. And they seem to be doing a lot of things right at the perfect time.

It flows both ways apparently. That was the point and still is the point.

Del Rio
01-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Nothing you think can touch the season Daunte has had he is on a whole new level of game.

You just don't notice because you don't see it on ESPN. If your team takes him for granted they will lose. You can pressure him all you want he doesn't fluster. He avoids the sack and burns you.

The fumble on the goaline is a fumble I can respect. He was diving into the endzone. Momentum killer indeed but nothing to be used as leverage in a moot point.

The Packers are no more over rated then the Eagles. We all play in a dismal NFC. This will be a test for both teams.

mikey418
01-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Point taken. But the same thing can be said about the Eagles - being a better team now then way back in week 2. As far as being underdogs, the national media (at least the majority of it) seems to think the Eagles are the under dog.

I respect all opinions that aren't "we're gonna kick your arse cuz 'pepper will be lobbing to Moss all day" or the ever-popular "we'll win cuz we rock and you suck."

Del Rio
01-12-2005, 08:38 AM
When I resort to that kind of talk it is just to pump myself up because I am trying to reach for something or I am in conversation with an utter tool who is obviously trolling.

Fact is both teams are improved. If that tells us anything it should be a close game with special teams and mistakes making the difference. I remember our first match up against you guys this year there was some fear on both sides this time around it seems like no one thinks they can lose.

If I remember correctly you guys had some huge return yards on special teams. We now have a kicker that can every so often hit the endzone also we have a few key people back on special teams. It's not as hard to score when you only have to go 50-60 yards.

In my honest opinion that's what it will take for us to win. Solid special teams play. We can't rely on our D to continually hold you guys out with a short field. And we are improved lately in that area.

mikey418
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
So do the Vikes have a kickoff specialist now? I thought Anderson was also your kickoff guy. Conditions at the Linc will be cold and due to how the stadium was built, the winds swirl making it a tough place to kick.

Del Rio
01-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Cortez kicks off for us now. He sadly is an improvement. He hits the endzone sometime but mostly he gets the ball up in the air.

When we first played you we had a kicker that would put the ball on the 20 and the kicks had no hang time.

It was cold in Greenbay and he had a few touchbacks. But I could see the weather really helping you guys out in the special teams department.

Anderson should be our 10-25 yard field goal kicker and extra points. But sadly he kicks them all. I have often wondered if the game came down to a 50 yarder if they would put Cortez in or just pray for a miracle out of the old one.

Richie_the_K
01-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Del Rio...It's good to talk some actual football in between all the you suck, no you suck threads. I appreciate the thoughts. I guess we'll just have to see how it all shakes out come Sunday.....I think it will be pretty close, although I'm banking on what you said, the Vikings finding a way to lose a game, which is what's happened during the course of the 8-8 season. I know a lot of those games were close. I think the veteran leadership of the Eagles and the thought of past failures will really fuel this team ahead this year. At least I hope that's the case. If the Eagles play well and lose, hey that happens, and they just got beat by a team that deserved it like their first NFC Championship loss against the Rams. I just don't want them to lose because they looked flat out there, I don't know if the city can handle a third season ender like that.

cajunvike
01-12-2005, 11:53 PM
"mikey418" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:
[quote]... your D can't stop the run. I'm not sure we flirted with 100 yards in game one and had to abandon the run because we were behind. Not my words

The Eagles CAN stop the run. Look at the stats since the Pittsburgh game, but don't look at the St. Louis/Cincy game since our practice squad was playing that game. Moving from 21st in defense to 10th is HUGE improvement. No team has run all over the Eagles since Trotter has been inserted in the lineup. It says something when a MLB only starts 6 games and makes the pro-bowl... OK, I will: George-Dal-39; Portis-Wash-37; Barber-NYG-110; Green-GB-37(only 11 rushes b/c playing from behind); Julius Jones-Dal-80; and the two last games (which you don't want to count, though I am sure that the D played at least some of the game) S.Jackson/Faulk-STL-202combined, and Rudi Johnson-Cin-100...most of these backs posted decent numbers on you guys (incl Portis who came back the second time and did a better job). Green (playing from behind) and George (washed up) were the only backs that were shut down, so your run D is not invincible.

"cajunvike" wrote:

Our D will be much improved from the one you guys faced in Week 2 as well...more like what you saw against GB.
Too bad that that was against Green Bay...who is VERY over-rated. Green Bay has problems on offense and defense. I know you'll mention all the turnovers generated in that game, but the credit for those has to go squarely on Farve. Some of the passes he threw right to your DBs. McNabb does not turn the ball over - look at his career stats. That's the one thing he doesn't do. I won't mention the turnovers, I would rather look at the fact that we got some 3 and outs, which is more important to me (since we couldn't do that as well earlier in the season).

"cajunvike" wrote:

... The D is alot closer than you think...and our O is much better than yours.
See above about the defense. On offense, the Vikes have a better skilled position at WR with Moss since the Eagles are without, but that's it. And don't forget that he'll be going against a pro-bowl secondary and he won't be close to 100%. It's a push at Qb and RB, and the Eagles have a better O-line and TE (both of which would be a push if the Vikes were healthy). The Eagles offense (ranked 9th) is not much behind the Vikes offense(ranked 4th). And don't forget that the Eagles ranking would have been higher if not for the 2 final games with the backups. Again, the way that the Vikes D is playing NOW, they are much closer to the Iggles than the stats show.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... The difference this time is that we WILL score in the Red Zone...we have many more options this time around.
What many more options to the Vikes have? They are without M. Williams and a banged up Randy Moss. No team has consistently scored on the Eagles in the Redzone. Look at the stats...Philly has one of, if not the best red zone defense in the league. We have more options now on offense than Week 2 and Daunte is confident that he can give the ball to all of them and they will score and won't make mistakes.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... Daunte will repeat his near flawless performance again this week...and the rest of the offense will follow suit.
Hard to say how certain players will perform. The Eagles defense, much like last time, will take away the big play. Daunte fumbled, threw an INT, and should have been picked off a 2nd time when Michael Lewis dropped it - he has to play a flawless game for the Vikes to have a shot. I will use your words...hard to say how certain players will perform (Eagles D)...it goes both ways.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... History will be made again this week...Reid will lose his first playoff game of any postseason for the first time, not because he is outcoached, but because his players will be outplayed.
I guess you know nothing of the Eagles. Their record is excellent following the bye. I highly doubt a beat up, weary Vikes team will outplay a rested, highly hungry/motivated Eagles team. A big key to the game will be if the Vikes can match the Philly intensity. I guess you know nothing about the Packers record in Lambeau Field...that record didn't stop us from winning...as far as beat up and weary, try hungry and motivated...I am sure those that are not listed as OUT will not let the bumps and bruises stop them from performing well.

"cajunvike" wrote:

... When we are playing up to our talent level, we can beat anyone...and that includes the Iggles...our D can make enough stops to allow the
offense to take over the game...Daunte and Co are on a mission.
Same statement may be made about the Eagles, except that there defense and special teams are much better than the Vikes. Everyone forgets about the special teams, but your kicker's limited FG range and short kick offs will hurt the Vikes in this game. Again, the D is not that far off of the Iggles D RIGHT NOW...as far as special teams, if we have to kick a long one, we will probably use Cortez (so you guys may have us there), but I look for the Vikes to score TDs not FGs (because you usually don't win games if you can't put the ball in the endzone IMHO).

"cajunvike" wrote:

... We are only 8-8, but that is due to not playing up to our talent level...most pundits would agree that we, along with the Saints, have two of the most talented team in the NFL...so while you may view us as a run-of-the-mill team, we have the potential to be the best...if the Red Sox could turn it on for 8 straight games to win the World Series, then the Vikings can turn it on for four games to win it all as well...if something like that is to happen, then this is the year.[/qoute]
If you break down the teams, the Vikes clearly have more holes than the Eagles. That being said, anything can happen on Sunday. Being consistant in the NFL is what is needed to win games and advance in the playoffs - and this has been proven throughout the history of the league. If every team played up to their talent level, the NFL/playoff landscape would look a lot different.

You seem to just look at the Vikes with purple-colored glasses and think that what the Eagles will attempt to do on Sunday does not matter. The team with the best scheme who executes the best and has the fewest turnovers will win this game. Point blank. No talk about advantages this or high-powered/improved that....this game will come down to how well each team is prepared, and with as much time as the Eagles have had, they have to have the edge. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY...IF the Vikes play inspired and focused like they did last week, this will be a very difficult game for the Iggles to win...and the chances are decent that the Vikes can continue their winning ways and advance, so I am confident that this game can go either way...in my purple colored view, I see the Vikings playing well enough to win...as I am sure that in your green colored view, you see the Iggles winning. May the team that is most focused and executing best win!

The Bold statements in my earler post were what I had added , so some of the quotes you attributed to me were not mine.

mikey418
01-13-2005, 07:08 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

OK, I will: George-Dal-39; Portis-Wash-37; Barber-NYG-110; Green-GB-37(only 11 rushes b/c playing from behind); Julius Jones-Dal-80; and the two last games (which you don't want to count, though I am sure that the D played at least some of the game) S.Jackson/Faulk-STL-202combined, and Rudi Johnson-Cin-100...most of these backs posted decent numbers on you guys (incl Portis who came back the second time and did a better job). Green (playing from behind) and George (washed up) were the only backs that were shut down, so your run D is not invincible.
Actually, the starting defense was not on the field for either of those 2 games. Sure 1 or 2 guys may have had to play due to necessity, but when you put 8 backups/3rd stringers in against another team's #1s, you're going to get run over. And it should be mentionted that Barber's yards were all on 1-2 big runs on the Giants first drive. Point is, they held teams under 100 yrds for the most part.

"cajunvike" wrote:

I won't mention the turnovers, I would rather look at the fact that we got some 3 and outs, which is more important to me (since we couldn't do that as well earlier in the season). 3 and outs are important, but turnovers are vital....

"cajunvike" wrote:

Again, the way that the Vikes D is playing NOW, they are much closer to the Iggles than the stats show. I don't think you can judge the Vikings defense off of 1 game against the Packers, who where banged up and Farve played horrible. With a Portisless offense...they lost to the Redskins the week before, barely beat the Lions, etc.....

"cajunvike" wrote:

We have more options now on offense than Week 2 and Daunte is confident that he can give the ball to all of them and they will score and won't make mistakes. You say you have more options, yet you do not name any of them....hmmm....and you have to consider the defense they are playing....Kearse will be a BIG factor.

"cajunvike" wrote:

I will use your words...hard to say how certain players will perform (Eagles D)...it goes both ways. I never mentioned certain players, I just said how the unit will perform....and it's not based on the players, it's based on the scheme.

"cajunvike" wrote:

I guess you know nothing about the Packers record in Lambeau Field...that record didn't stop us from winning...as far as beat up and weary, try hungry and motivated...I am sure those that are not listed as OUT will not let the bumps and bruises stop them from performing well. Actually I do. The Pack struggled at home this year and finished 4-4 at home during the regular season....

"cajunvike" wrote:

.Again, the D is not that far off of the Iggles D RIGHT NOW...as far as special teams, if we have to kick a long one, we will probably use Cortez (so you guys may have us there), but I look for the Vikes to score TDs not FGs (because you usually don't win games if you can't put the ball in the endzone IMHO). Don't compare defense to defense...you have to compare offense to defense and look at the match-ups. The Vikes won't score more than 2 TDs against the Eagles...who happen to be the best red-zone defense in the league...and that's not just by chance.

"cajunvike" wrote:

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY...IF the Vikes play inspired and focused like they did last week, this will be a very difficult game for the Iggles to win...and the chances are decent that the Vikes can continue their winning ways and advance, so I am confident that this game can go either way...in my purple colored view, I see the Vikings playing well enough to win...as I am sure that in your green colored view, you see the Iggles winning. May the team that is most focused and executing best win! I agree with your last statement. But it's tough to say the Vikes will win if they play inspired and focused - that leaves the other team out of the equation. What if the Eagles play inspired and focused? You also cannot discount that the birds are a veteran playoff team and the Vikes are a vet team by one game....that was played last week. That may play into it.

"cajunvike" wrote:

The Bold statements in my earler post were what I had added , so some of the quotes you attributed to me were not mine.
My bad. May the best team win. I'm just glad that there is some intelligent FB talk over here instead of the "you suck" and "you suck more" talk.

Del Rio
01-13-2005, 07:36 AM
I don't think you can judge the Vikings defense off of 1 game against the Packers, who where banged up and Farve played horrible. With a Portisless offense...they lost to the Redskins the week before, barely beat the Lions, etc.....

Thay have been improving all season long. They have made huge defensive stops the last 4 weeks and the turnovers have all come in the later part of the season. This isn't a flash fire it is the results of growing pains.

Fact is our D is very talented and they are playing at a great level. They have been getting better every game so I fail to see how anyone could chaulk this last performance up to a magically delicious ammount of luck.

They have been playing at a high level for a half of a season but now they confidence. I think a lot of people will be surprised this week at just how good our D can be.

mikey418
01-13-2005, 07:39 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I don't think you can judge the Vikings defense off of 1 game against the Packers, who where banged up and Farve played horrible. With a Portisless offense...they lost to the Redskins the week before, barely beat the Lions, etc.....

Thay have been improving all season long. They have made huge defensive stops the last 4 weeks and the turnovers have all come in the later part of the season. This isn't a flash fire it is the results of growing pains.

Fact is our D is very talented and they are playing at a great level. They have been getting better every game so I fail to see how anyone could chaulk this last performance up to a magically delicious ammount of luck.

They have been playing at a high level for a half of a season but now they confidence. I think a lot of people will be surprised this week at just how good our D can be.

No one is chalking it up to a magically delicious amount of luck. People are crediting them with having a good defensive game against a team that was without 2 WRs and who's QB made TONS of mistakes. The Packers play of offense affected how the Vikes looking on defense.

Del Rio
01-13-2005, 07:48 AM
That's just an excuse really nothing more.

An excuse that is made to minimize the effectivity of the defense. Maybe just maybe Favre had a bad day because the D had a great day they hit him sacked him and effected the way he threw the ball.

Walker was in a good part of the game. Driver was still there. I really get annoyed when people try and downplay a teams success. It wont be any different if we beat the Eagles sunday. It will be so and so had a bad game. Or the only reason they lost is because Andy let them sit for so long.

It's just a defense mechanism. You will never hear me say oh we lost to the Eagles because of our own mistakes because last time I checked the Eagles MADE us make mistakes. The fans MADE us go offsides, the WR's made us interfere, the HIT made the ball come out. TO MADE a great catch that fooled the official.

It's never the teams that's losing fault. A few of those interceptions came off of hits on Favre the rest looked like the WR ran a wrong route but maybe the jam on the line changed their angle? We deserve every ounce of credit for winning that game. And like I said this isn't about THAT game. We have made huge stops and big time D plays the later part of this year. SO this didn't just come out of nowhere this is the results of a lot of hard work.

Which are two very different things.

cajunvike
01-13-2005, 09:25 AM
"mikey418" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

OK, I will: George-Dal-39; Portis-Wash-37; Barber-NYG-110; Green-GB-37(only 11 rushes b/c playing from behind); Julius Jones-Dal-80; and the two last games (which you don't want to count, though I am sure that the D played at least some of the game) S.Jackson/Faulk-STL-202combined, and Rudi Johnson-Cin-100...most of these backs posted decent numbers on you guys (incl Portis who came back the second time and did a better job). Green (playing from behind) and George (washed up) were the only backs that were shut down, so your run D is not invincible.
Actually, the starting defense was not on the field for either of those 2 games. Sure 1 or 2 guys may have had to play due to necessity, but when you put 8 backups/3rd stringers in against another team's #1s, you're going to get run over. And it should be mentionted that Barber's yards were all on 1-2 big runs on the Giants first drive. Point is, they held teams under 100 yrds for the most part. 70 yards a game avg gets a RB 1000 for the year...still the benchmark for a decent season by a RB. A good day by any RB usually includes a few long runs, so that doesn't give the Iggles D a get-out-of-jail-free card on Tiki.

"cajunvike" wrote:

I won't mention the turnovers, I would rather look at the fact that we got some 3 and outs, which is more important to me (since we couldn't do that as well earlier in the season). 3 and outs are important, but turnovers are vital.... I agree on the turnovers, but 3rd down stops get you the ball back in virtually the same spot as a long INT, so turnovers do not totally trump 3rd down stops, they work hand in hand...in fact, 3rd down stops are more of an indicator of a strong D than turnovers IMHO (witness the Vikings D ranking last year despite having a very high amount of turnovers...the problem was that they couldn't stop the other teams from getting 3rd down conversions). Last game the Vikes D improved on that significantly...I look for more of the same this week for us to be successful.

"cajunvike" wrote:

Again, the way that the Vikes D is playing NOW, they are much closer to the Iggles than the stats show. I don't think you can judge the Vikings defense off of 1 game against the Packers, who where banged up and Farve played horrible. With a Portisless offense...they lost to the Redskins the week before, barely beat the Lions, etc..... I live near DC and Betts is a solid back...in some ways, better than Portis...the Pack wasn't that banged up...Green certainly didn't seem to be hurt...fact is, the Vikes D forced BOTH turnovers AND punting situations, thereby giving the Vikings O more chances to score.

"cajunvike" wrote:

We have more options now on offense than Week 2 and Daunte is confident that he can give the ball to all of them and they will score and won't make mistakes. You say you have more options, yet you do not name any of them....hmmm....and you have to consider the defense they are playing....Kearse will be a BIG factor. Viable options we have now vs. Week 2: Bennett, Moore, Wiggins, Burleson (to name a few that have earned Daunte's trust since the season began or have improved their play since the beginning of the season)...add those to Onterrio, Moss, even Robinson and Campbell...Daunte has already proven that he is willing to spread the ball around. I am considering the fact that you guys have a Top 10 D, but we have the #2 offense, so we will be able to score...can we score enough is the real question? I think YES!

"cajunvike" wrote:

I will use your words...hard to say how certain players will perform (Eagles D)...it goes both ways. I never mentioned certain players, I just said how the unit will perform....and it's not based on the players, it's based on the scheme. I never said that you mentioned certain players (I was just using your words)...however, that quote of yours was a direct response to my comment that Daunte would come to play and would continue his great performances.

"cajunvike" wrote:

I guess you know nothing about the Packers record in Lambeau Field...that record didn't stop us from winning...as far as beat up and weary, try hungry and motivated...I am sure those that are not listed as OUT will not let the bumps and bruises stop them from performing well. Actually I do. The Pack struggled at home this year and finished 4-4 at home during the regular season.... Actually, I was referring to the Packers rather gaudy playoff record at Lambeau (something like 33-2 or equally as dominant)...my comment was to highlight that we didn't let that deter us from taking it to them...and we won't let you guys PAST successes after a bye affect how we come out on Sunday...records will be thrown out the window!

"cajunvike" wrote:

.Again, the D is not that far off of the Iggles D RIGHT NOW...as far as special teams, if we have to kick a long one, we will probably use Cortez (so you guys may have us there), but I look for the Vikes to score TDs not FGs (because you usually don't win games if you can't put the ball in the endzone IMHO). Don't compare defense to defense...you have to compare offense to defense and look at the match-ups. The Vikes won't score more than 2 TDs against the Eagles...who happen to be the best red-zone defense in the league...and that's not just by chance. Don't forget that the Vikings have one of the top offenses in the league (and that is with many of their skill players having missed significant time during the season)...the Vikes have most of those players available this week, so I expect the offense to be explosive...certainly more than two TDs worth...again, can they score enough to win...I think so IMHO.

"cajunvike" wrote:

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY...IF the Vikes play inspired and focused like they did last week, this will be a very difficult game for the Iggles to win...and the chances are decent that the Vikes can continue their winning ways and advance, so I am confident that this game can go either way...in my purple colored view, I see the Vikings playing well enough to win...as I am sure that in your green colored view, you see the Iggles winning. May the team that is most focused and executing best win! I agree with your last statement. But it's tough to say the Vikes will win if they play inspired and focused - that leaves the other team out of the equation. What if the Eagles play inspired and focused? You also cannot discount that the birds are a veteran playoff team and the Vikes are a vet team by one game....that was played last week. That may play into it. I am not discounting the Iggles...I respect their D very much...I just think that the Vikings are hot right now and focused enough to pull off the "upset"...look at what the Sox did in their last eight games...no one gave them a chance after they went down 3-0 to the Yankees either!

"cajunvike" wrote:

My bad. May the best team win. I'm just glad that there is some intelligent FB talk over here instead of the "you suck" and "you suck more" talk. I agree wholeheartedly...may the best team win! My comments are the ones in bold only.

TheAnimal93
01-13-2005, 11:08 AM
LOOK EAGLES FANS!!!
you got game!! sure you do!! the d is one of the best in the league. you have a great QB that may end up being a hall of famer. your offense can do some things. very capable running back and your secondary got the props from the league.
all that being said, the vikings are not, i repeat are not afraid of the eagles.
sure dawkins hits just about as hard as anyone in the league, the vikings are not scared.

the vikings are not afraid of what you have to bring. SO GAME ON!!!!!
lets see whatcha got!!

tick tick tick
KABOOM!!!!!
ITS CLOBBERING TIME!!!!!!

TheAnimal93
01-13-2005, 11:12 AM
oh and i almost forgot!!!
culpepper has a rating of 115.7 against the blitz!!!!
15 td's and only one int.

not so fast!!!!!!!!
still not convinced?
KEVIN WILLIAMS
70 tackles
52 solo
12 sacks
1 int
2ff 1td 3 recoveries

now,

ITS CLOBBERING TIME!!!!!!!!!

shorebird
01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Look, forget all the matchups and everything else for a minute. The Vikings are no were near as good as they look of paper anyway, they have a fat stat qb whose team finished the season a dismal 8-8. He is not even close to the leader or qb that McNabb is. If he was you wouldn't have lost to teams like the Redskins and have to back into the playoffs. Wait.........I see it now.........that thug Moss wasn't trying to moon the G.B. fans, he was imitating how you ended up the playoffs, ass first. And you call the Eagles chokers?

Without reliving the debacle that was their total collaspe last season after starting 7-0 was it?, and then not even getting into post season, look at the teams the Vikings beat.

A 5-11 Chicago Bears team.

A 7-9 Houston team.

The 8-8 Saints.

A 5-11 Titans team.

A 6-10 Detroit Lions team twice.

A 6-10 Cowboys team.

The only team you have beaten with a winning record before last week was the 9-7 Jags!!

This is not mentioning losses to the Giants, Redskins, Bears, and Packers twice before last week. Three of which were beaten by the Eagles. The Giants and Skins twice each, God I love saying that!

The only hard games on the Vikings schedule were the games against Philly, Indy, Green Bay and maybe the Jaguars. With the talent on the Vikings team, they should have waxed teams like the Redskins, Giants, and Bears (1-1).

Do not let one win over a aging star qb who threw the ball up for grabs twice get your hopes up too much.

And yes, I already know that the Eagles haven't beaten hardly anyone with a winning record other than Green Bay and Baltimore, but the way we beat Green Bay should tell the Vike's fans something.

PAvikesfan
01-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Without reliving the debacle that was their total collaspe last season after starting 7-0 was it?, and then not even getting into post season, look at the teams the Vikings beat.

shoreterd, you make a good point doushbag:

Eagles opponents:

6-10 cowboys
6-10 skins
6-10 giants
6-10 detroit
5-11 bears
an at the time 1-5 carolina team
4-12 browns which you squeeked by in OT
a couple 8-8 teams
and 9-7 Ravens

big f-in deal... all you proved is nothing except you beat two 8-8 teams douchbag.

we beat a 9-7 team too.

go eat some chowder shoreterd.

the eagles only played two tough teams this year in ravens and Pitt and Pitt-hahahahahahahahaha. what, only 3 points.
you will meet your third hardest team on sunday!

shorebird
01-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Nice reply. Can't post a reply without resulting to juvenile name calling? Two in the first sentance alone. Gosh, my feelings are really hurt. You sure got the better of me.

You seem to forget the shelacking we put on a Green Bay team that beat you twice. You also forget that when we waxed Green Bay, they were considered to be the hottest team in football. Let's also not forget we would have very well been 15-1 even without TO if Reid hadn't sat all his starters for the last two games. You guys were playing with everything you had to make the playoffs and lost to the friggen' Redskins! :lol: :lol: Your qb puts up big stats but couldn't lead a high school band. Your no.1 reciever only plays when he wants to, and walked off the field early because he couldn't stomach losing to the Skins, and wasn't there in the end with the rest of his team. You will never win nuthin' as long as that thug is on your team. I'll bet a dollar to a donut he does something stupid this game like his 'cat in heat on the coffee table leg' goal post butt rubbin'. That is, unless Dawkins takes his head off, which I would love to see.

It makes me wonder about the media who talk about Culpepper being MVP, when he was 8-8 and there are qb's out there winning all the time like McNabb. We will see who is better Sunday.

PAvikesfan
01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
IMO, I thought shoreterd was a great play on words and douchbag is just a paraphrase of the standard mental capability of the average Philly fan.

and you're right I did forget Green Bay? oops. that still makes you what? a team that had an easy schedule? a team that needs to feel like they are worth a damn? gee wiz and 10-6 team...that your next oponent killed last week on the road on the grass in the cold. back to my one-word paraphrase "douchbag"... IT's CLOBBERING TIME!

shorebird
01-13-2005, 05:59 PM
OK, let's look at the teams the Vikes lost to then.

Da' Bears, the Seahawks, the Giants, the Redskins, and the Pack twice. Not exactly the teams that a team of playoff calibur loses too. What makes you think you can beat the Eagles if you can't even beat that pathetic list of opponets?

shorebird
01-13-2005, 06:01 PM
By the way, you aren't the first to come up with 'shoreturd, I remember a few other 6th graders who called me that.

sdvikefan
01-13-2005, 06:04 PM
"shorebird" wrote:

By the way, you aren't the first to come up with 'shoreturd, I remember a few other 6th graders who called me that.

No problem, just tell your teacher and I'm sure your classmates will stop harassing you.

shorebird
01-13-2005, 06:28 PM
:lol: Thats a little better. You seem to at least have made it to ninth grade.

A lot of posters here must be friends with Ethan Hunt, maybe even members of the same elite group, the IMF.

p.s. I ain't talking about the Impossible Missions Force either.

TheAnimal93
01-13-2005, 07:56 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

oh and i almost forgot!!!
culpepper has a rating of 115.7 against the blitz!!!!
15 td's and only one int.

not so fast!!!!!!!!
still not convinced?
KEVIN WILLIAMS
70 tackles
52 solo
12 sacks
1 int
2ff 1td 3 recoveries

now,

ITS CLOBBERING TIME!!!!!!!!!

i have not noticed one eagle post to any of these stats! simply ignored! i wonder why.

FeartheFreak
01-13-2005, 08:42 PM
not so fast!!!!!!!!
still not convinced?
KEVIN WILLIAMS
70 tackles
52 solo
12 sacks
1 int
2ff 1td 3 recoveries

Very nice, him and Johnstone have all your sacks.

On our team:

Sheldon Brown and Dawkins: 3
Trotter & Sheppard, Reese, Wayne, Wynn, Green: 1
Hugh Douglas: 3
Kearse: 7.5
Rayburn: 6.0
Simon: 5.5
Darwin Walker: 4.5
Burgess: 2.5
McDougle: 2

you will meet your third hardest team on sunday!

Super Bowl Sunday, not this Sunday.

PhillyGirl
01-13-2005, 08:49 PM
You missed Simoneau with 1.5 :)

cajunvike
01-13-2005, 11:26 PM
"shorebird" wrote:

Nice reply. Can't post a reply without resulting to juvenile name calling? Two in the first sentance alone. Gosh, my feelings are really hurt. You sure got the better of me.

You seem to forget the shelacking we put on a Green Bay team that beat you twice. You also forget that when we waxed Green Bay, they were considered to be the hottest team in football. Let's also not forget we would have very well been 15-1 even without TO if Reid hadn't sat all his starters for the last two games. You guys were playing with everything you had to make the playoffs and lost to the friggen' Redskins! :lol: :lol: Your qb puts up big stats but couldn't lead a high school band. Your no.1 reciever only plays when he wants to, and walked off the field early because he couldn't stomach losing to the Skins, and wasn't there in the end with the rest of his team. You will never win nuthin' as long as that thug is on your team. I'll bet a dollar to a donut he does something stupid this game like his 'cat in heat on the coffee table leg' goal post butt rubbin'. That is, unless Dawkins takes his head off, which I would love to see.

It makes me wonder about the media who talk about Culpepper being MVP, when he was 8-8 and there are qb's out there winning all the time like McNabb. We will see who is better Sunday.

McCrab didn't win all those games by himself...put our regular season underperforming D on his side and let's see how many games he would have won...probably less than Pep did this year. McCrab doesn't deserve much of the credit...he didn't have to light up the scoreboard every time because the D made it easy for him. Now that our D is finally stepping up, it will be that much easier for Pep to put enough points on the board to win without having to break the scoreboard! Witness the three Green Bay games....we scored exactly 31 points EACH time, yet the one that we won was the one that the D finally played to their potential. McCrab had better hope that his D can stop Pep and our offense because McCrab will have a hard time having to win it on his own.

FeartheFreak
01-14-2005, 08:46 AM
put our regular season underperforming D on his side and let's see how many games he would have won

Why do that? He plays for Philly, not the Vikings.

he didn't have to light up the scoreboard every time because the D made it easy for him.

He didn't have to but did nonetheless.

Now that our D is finally stepping up, it will be that much easier for Pep to put enough points on the board to win without having to break the scoreboard!

Stepping up from where? Last place?

Minnesota 16 1018 368.9 5.8 21.9 90 196 45.9 10 16 62.5 110 974 29:58 25 11
Indianapolis 16 1042 370.6 5.7 20.7 91 217 41.9 9 28 32.1 116 877 31:20 36 17
Oakland 16 1072 371.0 5.5 22.9 101 213 47.4 7 15 46.7 102 837 33:13 14 9
Kansas City 16 960 377.3 6.3 20.4 71 185 38.4 5 16 31.2 117 957 27:46 23 8
New Orleans 16 1067 383.8 5.8 21.4 80 210 38.1 6 7 85.7 119 965 31:42 31 20 <----Last

McCrab had better hope that his D can stop Pep

He doesn't have to hope, he knows they can do it.

and our offense because McCrab will have a hard time having to win it on his own.

They will stop your offense, like before. McNabb won't be on his own with Westbrook, Lewis, Chad Lewis, Freddie, Todd and Brian. You are just going to have to learn with a more improved run defense from Week 2.

Del Rio
01-14-2005, 09:05 AM
You think you stopped our Offense before?

That's just a neon sign that you have no clue.

shorebird
01-14-2005, 09:24 AM
"FeartheFreak" wrote:

[quote]Now that our D is finally stepping up, it will be that much easier for Pep to put enough points on the board to win without having to break the scoreboard!

Stepping up from where? Last place?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a 4 'laughin' smileys' on the smiley meter.

McNabb has played his best year to date, largly because of TO, but there are other weapons on the Eagles defesne. This is the first time that Brian Westbrook has entered the playoffs completely healthy since his first year in the league. I'm looking for him to have a real big game against the Vike's defense. Who do they have that can catch him? I don't think McNabb will need to go deep often to move the ball. Good thing too, with Pinky your no. 1 threat. If he doesn't drop anything or punk out on any passes, that will be a plus from what I've seen lately.

I look for Ried to utilize his tight ends a lot, and Westbrook getting the ball prolly' 65% of the time. Our deep threat is gone. Unless someone like Greg Lewis steps up and has a big game. He looked a little shakey when he got playing time the last two games of the season, juggling a couple passes that were thrown right to him.