PDA

View Full Version : FanHouse NFL Season Preview: Minnesota Vikings -- It's All About Jackson

Prophet
08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
FanHouse NFL Season Preview: Minnesota Vikings -- It's All About Jackson (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/20/fanhouse-nfl-season-preview-minnesota-vikings-its-all-about/)
Posted Aug 20th 2008 9:00AM
by JJ Cooper

V4L
08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Jackson rules

erik5032
08-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Even though he has had what? 5 injuries since being a Viking... the more and more i learn about the guy the more i like him. I am ready to get behind and follow Jackson deep into the playoffs.

Marrdro
08-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Let TJ look good in a couple of real games and then lets see how many of these guys start to change thier tune.
It will be funny to see (If he does look good) how they try to say they saw the potential all the time.
;D

If Jackson does turn into an average NFL quarterback, he can thank his running backs.

He can thank the OL more than he will the RB's.
The OL makes it all happen, even for the RB's my friends.

Speaking of the OL....

Offensive Line: There's a reason the Vikings have spent big bucks on the offensive line in recent years. With Steve Hutchinson and Bryant McKinnie, Jackson doesn't have many worries about being blindsided. Center Matt Birk is getting up there in age, but he's still very solid. The right side is more questionable, although Ryan Cook was better than expected at right tackle last year, but the biggest question facing the o-line this August is whether McKinnie will be suspended by NFL for violating the personal conduct policy. There are rumors that McKinnie will get slapped with a four-game suspension. If it happens, there's no way to adequately replace him in the short term.

Tell that to TJ and the other Vikes QB's last year.
;D

Overall a very interesting and accurate read especially since this guy gets it with respect to CB's role in the grand scheme of things.

None of the three is a true shutdown corner, but considering how much Cover Two Minnesota plays, they just need to be solid.

PurpleTide
08-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Pretty darn good breakdown, thanks for the read Prophet.

misplacedminnesotan
08-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Great read, pretty even handed with the team.
I personally think Jackson is going to turn some heads this season.
By mid-season the media will be all on the TJack bandwagon.