PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' Kenderick Allen injured wrist - out for season



HEY
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Allen -- Vikings' defensive lineman who was signed in this offseason -- injured his right wrist in preseason and is now placed on the injury reserve list.

This came as bad news since the Vikings' defensive line is already banged up by injuries.

Source:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a1adac&template=without-video&confirm=true

BloodyHorns82
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
I remember reading this earlier...too bad.
But I think we'll manage.

Zeus
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
"HEY" wrote:


Allen -- Vikings' defensive lineman who was signed in this offseason -- injured his right wrist in preseason and is now placed on the injury reserve list.

This came as bad news since the Vikings' defensive line is already banged up by injuries.

Source:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a1adac&template=without-video&confirm=true


This thread needs to be locked and HEY needs a Green Dot for misleading headline.
My heart skipped a beat with that crap up there.

=Z=

Prophet
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Nice, nothing but facts.
Sad to see the injuries though.

Purple Floyd
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I was wondering what happened to him. I thought he looked pretty tough in practice. Too bad.

PurplePride80
08-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I never want to see anyone get hurt whether it's an all pro or just a 2nd/3rd stringer.

But when I read the thread title, I instantly assumed it was Jared Allen and almost had a heart attack, lol.
;D

Mr Anderson
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I never realized how big he was. 6'5" 328.

jessejames09
08-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Holy shit... I was about to say for 63 million we're lopping it off and he's playing with a knub.
;D

SharperImage
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM
just had a mild heart attack reading this i hope your happy

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 11:56 AM
LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D

Zeus
08-19-2008, 11:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=

HEY
08-19-2008, 11:58 AM
"SharperImage" wrote:


just had a mild heart attack reading this i hope your happy


Hehe!
;D
I just couldn't let this chance slip away, but I admitt it was pretty evil of me. Some of the old guys on here could actually get a heart atteck
;D JK!
On NFL the headline said: "Allen out" and I almost swallowed my tounge lol!!!

Prophet
08-19-2008, 11:59 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=


There's a difference between pulling something out of your ass and cleverly using a real headline to mislead.

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=

I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.
;D ;D ;D

Zeus
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=


Everything posted was 100% factual.
It wasn't even that misleading considering this had already been discussed today.
Allen is a very common last name.
Why wouldn't you assume it was Kendrick Allen?
:P

Zeus
08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


Everything posted was 100% factual.
It wasn't even that misleading considering this had already been discussed today.
Allen is a very common last name.
Why wouldn't you assume it was Kendrick Allen?
:P


You kids really don't want to open this can o' worms with me.
I'm much too clever.

=Z=

C Mac D
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


You kids really don't want to open this can o' worms with me. I'm much too clever.

=Z=


Compared to a can of worms, yes...

marstc09
08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I knew it was Kenderick since I read about it yesterday. I really did not see him on the field much.

Prophet
08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.

=Z=


I can say that every post that I have ever made that has been misleading is properly referenced, in the correct forum, and not pulled out of my ass.
This post was the same, nothing that wasn't factual.
The idiots must learn, catering to them is an injustice to their mental development.

The problem was when people would just start a thread that said something like, "Allen broke his arm", then you click on it and there is a smiley with no content.....something pulled from the ass.
Big difference.

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
"C" wrote:


Compared to a can of worms, yes...


There you are.
;D ;D ;D

Quit mucking about in here and go stick up for Dixon in the other thread.

Zeus
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.


I can say that every post that I have ever made that has been misleading is properly referenced, in the correct forum, and not pulled out of my ass.
This post was the same, nothing that wasn't factual.
The idiots must learn, catering to them is an injustice to their mental development.

The problem was when people would just start a thread that said something like, "Allen broke his arm", then you click on it and there is a smiley with no content.....something pulled from the ass.
Big difference.


I didn't mean you when I wrote "Well-known PPO Poster".

If I was referencing you, I would have written "Well-known PPO Psychopath".

=Z=

Prophet
08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.


I can say that every post that I have ever made that has been misleading is properly referenced, in the correct forum, and not pulled out of my ass.
This post was the same, nothing that wasn't factual.
The idiots must learn, catering to them is an injustice to their mental development.

The problem was when people would just start a thread that said something like, "Allen broke his arm", then you click on it and there is a smiley with no content.....something pulled from the ass.
Big difference.


I didn't mean you when I wrote "Well-known PPO Poster".

If I was referencing you, I would have written "Well-known PPO Psychopath".

=Z=


I know who you were referring to.
I'm just making a point that all misleading threads are not created equally.

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.


I can say that every post that I have ever made that has been misleading is properly referenced, in the correct forum, and not pulled out of my jiggly butt.
This post was the same, nothing that wasn't factual.
The idiots must learn, catering to them is an injustice to their mental development.

The problem was when people would just start a thread that said something like, "Allen broke his arm", then you click on it and there is a smiley with no content.....something pulled from the jiggly butt.
Big difference.


I didn't mean you when I wrote "Well-known PPO Poster".

If I was referencing you, I would have written "Well-known PPO Psychopath".

=Z=

See what I mean?
Three pages of good entertainment.
Great stuff.
;D

Zeus
08-19-2008, 12:14 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:






LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.


I can say that every post that I have ever made that has been misleading is properly referenced, in the correct forum, and not pulled out of my ass.
This post was the same, nothing that wasn't factual.
The idiots must learn, catering to them is an injustice to their mental development.

The problem was when people would just start a thread that said something like, "Allen broke his arm", then you click on it and there is a smiley with no content.....something pulled from the ass.
Big difference.


I didn't mean you when I wrote "Well-known PPO Poster".

If I was referencing you, I would have written "Well-known PPO Psychopath".


I know who you were referring to.
I'm just making a point that all misleading threads are not created equally.


Ending a sentence with a preposition?
Are you sure you're in academia?

And, yes, I agree.
But a headline of "Vikings' Allen out for season" is going to cause 99% of posters to think that Jared Allen is hurt - and that's the rub, Mr. Man!

=Z=

HEY
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=


I didn't know that... well, I promise that it will not happen again.
;)
For example, if a guy named Aaron Peterson gets injured, I will not write "A. Peterson is injured". Instead, I will write "Aaron Peterson is injured".

Happy..?

:)

Prophet
08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:








LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.


I kindof think that is for other purposes my friend.
Although clever in his attempt, I see no ill will in it, however, I am no mod.
Just some yutz who liked the post for what it was.

Entertainment.

;D ;D ;D


Yes - but there was a well-known PPO poster who got his kicks out of doing exactly this sort of thing a couple seasons ago which is WHY there's a ban on it.


I can say that every post that I have ever made that has been misleading is properly referenced, in the correct forum, and not pulled out of my ass.
This post was the same, nothing that wasn't factual.
The idiots must learn, catering to them is an injustice to their mental development.

The problem was when people would just start a thread that said something like, "Allen broke his arm", then you click on it and there is a smiley with no content.....something pulled from the ass.
Big difference.


I didn't mean you when I wrote "Well-known PPO Poster".

If I was referencing you, I would have written "Well-known PPO Psychopath".


I know who you were referring to.
I'm just making a point that all misleading threads are not created equally.


Ending a sentence with a preposition?
Are you sure you're in academia?

And, yes, I agree.
But a headline of "Vikings' Allen out for season" is going to cause 99% of posters to think that Jared Allen is hurt - and that's the rub, Mr. Man!

=Z=


Every writer knows that it is up to the drones of society, the editors, to clean up the writing.

That's the point, it is a calculated misleading headline using real news.
If someone is so idiotic that they don't check the sources then let them flounder.
It was a creative dig.

Zeus
08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
"HEY" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=


I didn't know that... well, I promise that it will not happen again.
;)
For example, if a guy named Aaron Peterson gets injured, I will not write "A. Peterson is injured". Instead, I will write "Aaron Peterson is injured".

Happy..?

:)


Yes - and thank you.

=Z=

Braddock
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"HEY" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, if I hadn't read about Kendrick already in another thread, my ole ticker probably would have skipped a beat as well.

Well played my friend.
;D


No, it's not.
There is a very specific ban on this site on misleading headlines for EXACTLY this reason.

=Z=


Ahhh, what's the big deal? Makes people read the threads, keeps em guessing. and if someone is googling "Allen" maybe they'd see this, stop by, like what they see and join..... I think it keeps people fresh


I didn't know that... well, I promise that it will not happen again.
;)
For example, if a guy named Aaron Peterson gets injured, I will not write "A. Peterson is injured". Instead, I will write "Aaron Peterson is injured".

Happy..?

:)


Yes - and thank you.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I thought it was funny as hell. At first I was trying to figure out why someone would dredge a thread about an old injury to Terry Allen since he has been retired for years.

singersp
08-19-2008, 09:31 PM
"Zeus" wrote:



This thread needs to be locked and HEY needs a Green Dot for misleading headline. My heart skipped a beat with that crap up there.

=Z=


This thread needs to be locked or merged anyway. There was a thread started on this 5 hours earlier.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=47151.0

ultravikingfan
08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=47151.0

ALREADY POSTED