PDA

View Full Version : First Day of Cut Coming- Who is gone?



nephilimstorm
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
I have my predictions of cuts coming... but I was wondering who people thought was going to be cut as we start trimming down to the 53-man roster?

C Mac D
08-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Brad Childress.

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
"C" wrote:


Brad Childress.


Funny. I knew exactly what your post was before the page opened up ;D

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Hicks and Johnson

Mr-holland
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Hicks is the premier back-up for the O-line..

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:


Hicks is the premier back-up for the O-line..


:-X

C Mac D
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I honestly doubt that Childress will cut Hicks... that's one of Chilly's guys from Philly.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Bollinger.

marstc09
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Roster cuts to make 75 on August 26th:

Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Husain Abdullah or Sean Dumford or Brock Pastueur

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

marstc09
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?


Good point I am going to edit.

Zeus
08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?


Good point I am going to edit.


Another reason to edit would be that your cuts take the roster below 75.
80 - 8 = 72.

=Z=

marstc09
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?


Good point I am going to edit.


Another reason to edit would be that your cuts take the roster below 75.
80 - 8 = 72.

=Z=


For some reason I thought it was 83.

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 01:54 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?


Good point I am going to edit.


Another reason to edit would be that your cuts take the roster below 75.
80 - 8 = 72.

=Z=


Thanks. We all feel better that that mistake was pointed out. We are now going to the super bowl. ;)

NordicNed
08-18-2008, 02:06 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?



This player " Sumrall "
his name came up more than once, during the game on Sat night for me.
I spent alot of time talking football to the two fans to my right, one was a die hard Redskins Fan, and his buddy was a home town Balt Ravens fan.
Both guys where very nice to meet and talk football with.



We all agreed, Sumrall had some nice plays and showed he is a player trying his best to make the team and proving that on the field, when given the chance.
I'de like to see more of him, and hopefully he will at least make the practice squad, as of now.



One thing that I laughed my ass of at,
Marrdro was squeezing his way past us, back to his seat, and he stopped and made a comment to me about the Redskins and how they sucked and all.
LMAO, the guy next to me wasn't wearing any Skins gear, so Marr didn't know he was a skins fan.
I looked at the skins fan next to me, after Marr had finished and moved along, and without saying a word, we both laughed our asses off together, at what Marr just blurted out.....Unknowing the guy next to me wasn't a Ravens fan, but a skins fan....LMAO

i_bleed_purple
08-18-2008, 02:10 PM
I have a feeling Albert Young will be gone, maybe not the first cuts, but certainly the 2nd.

marstc09
08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I have a feeling Albert Young will be gone, maybe not the first cuts, but certainly the 2nd.


For sure the 2nd if not the first. That guy is not even practice squad material.

Zeus
08-18-2008, 02:14 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I have a feeling Albert Young will be gone, maybe not the first cuts, but certainly the 2nd.


For sure the 2nd if not the first. That guy is not even practice squad material.


I disagree.
I think he has real potential and good speed.
As the 4th TB for the practice squad - who's better?

=Z=

NordicNed
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I have a feeling Albert Young will be gone, maybe not the first cuts, but certainly the 2nd.


For sure the 2nd if not the first. That guy is not even practice squad material.


I disagree.
I think he has real potential and good speed.
As the 4th TB for the practice squad - who's better?

=Z=


I will agree with Zeus on this one.
Young has shown some sign's of potential.
I think he will lock up a PS spot for sure.

Marrdro
08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett

BleedinPandG
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Here's a question... is it easier to sneak a guy through waivers to the practice squad now with the small cuts or a week after that with larger cuts?

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett





I edited it a bit. ;D
I believe Mattran will be on the team and playing for Mac when he is sitting home for a few games.

Marrdro
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett





I edited it a bit. ;D
I believe Mattran will be on the team and playing for Mac when he is sitting home for a few games.

Hmmmm, have we seen him over at LT yet?

My guess is if he is gonna do that we would see him working over that at LT.
To date I've only seen Chase and Rad over there.
Hicks has been working the Gaurd spot next to them.

COJOMAY
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D

midgensa
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Lol ... I was just reading this thinking I cannot wait to see the: HOW CAN THEY CUT MOZES! thread. And the ALBERT YOUNG WAS A KEY TO OUR SUPER BOWL RUN! thread.

Marrdro
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:


Here's a question... is it easier to sneak a guy through waivers to the practice squad now with the small cuts or a week after that with larger cuts?

I don't think it really matters.
It isn't like they wait for the list to come out and then try to figure out what a guy is like.
They already know were the guys they liked went in the draft or during the FA period.

If a team has an eye on our guy they will be watching regardless of the cut period.

The Dropper
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

Marrdro
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?




This player " Sumrall "

his name came up more than once, during the game on Sat night for me.
I spent alot of time talking football to the two fans to my right, one was a die hard Redskins Fan, and his buddy was a home town Balt Ravens fan.
Both guys where very nice to meet and talk football with.



We all agreed, Sumrall had some nice plays and showed he is a player trying his best to make the team and proving that on the field, when given the chance.
I'de like to see more of him, and hopefully he will at least make the practice squad, as of now.



One thing that I laughed my jiggly butt of at,
Marrdro was squeezing his way past us, back to his seat, and he stopped and made a comment to me about the Redskins and how they sucked and all.
LMAO, the guy next to me wasn't wearing any Skins gear, so Marr didn't know he was a skins fan.
I looked at the skins fan next to me, after Marr had finished and moved along, and without saying a word, we both laughed our dimply buttocks off together, at what Marr just blurted out.....Unknowing the guy next to me wasn't a Ravens fan, but a skins fan....LMAO

I told more than one Ravens fan that night about how nice they were and used the Deadskin fans as examples of what not to be.

I am sure that guy knows what I meant as they are all (almost all anyways) butt heads. ;D

Mr-holland
08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
"The" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

As i don't agree with sending JDB to the practice squad, I don't want to see Bollinger cut. What if we needed to use all of our 3 QB's again? Nobody would be comfortable with Booty playing.. ::)

gamecocksbaseball31
08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:


"The" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

As i don't agree with sending JDB to the practice squad, I don't want to see Bollinger cut. What if we needed to use all of our 3 QB's again? Nobody would be comfortable with Booty playing.. ::)

First of all, Booty wouldn't make it through waivers to the practice squad.
The same thing that happened with Thigpen would happen here.
He would be gone.
Second, he is better and will be better than Brooks.
Bollinger looks like a high school QB out there most of the time.
BUT... with the Jackson injury, we could start the season with 4 QB's on the roster.

vikesoto
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
"The" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.


C'mon, Booty has been playing with the lower end players on the roster, NOOOOOO pass protection to speak of. That was a bad pass he threw Sat that went for a Ravens TD, but he's a rookie. Let him get his bumps and bruises now .He's NOT going on the practice squad, nooooo chance of that happening. Bollinger is G-O-N-E !!!

ThorSPL
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
We won't put a developmental QB on waivers to hope for the practice squad again for a long time.. we learned that with Thigpen.

MaxVike
08-18-2008, 04:24 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:


We won't put a developmental QB on waivers to hope for the practice squad again for a long time.. we learned that with Thigpen.


agreed...and, Thiggy is #2 on the "depth chart."

Mr-holland
08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"The" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

As i don't agree with sending JDB to the practice squad, I don't want to see Bollinger cut. What if we needed to use all of our 3 QB's again? Nobody would be comfortable with Booty playing.. ::)

First of all, Booty wouldn't make it through waivers to the practice squad.
The same thing that happened with Thigpen would happen here.
He would be gone.
Second, he is better and will be better than Brooks.
Bollinger looks like a high school QB out there most of the time.
BUT... with the Jackson injury, we could start the season with 4 QB's on the roster.

First, i'd like to point out that i did not agree with sending Booty to the practice Squad, you can find that in the first sentence in my post. second How will he be better than Brooks? sure doesn't look like he will
??? even though it's preseason Brooks has the experience and knows our offense. and third I don't think we'll carry and 4 Qb's and 6 Receievers so somebody has got to give up their spot and who would that be?

gagarr
08-18-2008, 04:57 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:


"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"The" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

As i don't agree with sending JDB to the practice squad, I don't want to see Bollinger cut. What if we needed to use all of our 3 QB's again? Nobody would be comfortable with Booty playing.. ::)

First of all, Booty wouldn't make it through waivers to the practice squad.
The same thing that happened with Thigpen would happen here.
He would be gone.
Second, he is better and will be better than Brooks.
Bollinger looks like a high school QB out there most of the time.
BUT... with the Jackson injury, we could start the season with 4 QB's on the roster.

First, i'd like to point out that i did not agree with sending Booty to the practice Squad, you can find that in the first sentence in my post. second How will he be better than Brooks? sure doesn't look like he will
??? even though it's preseason Brooks has the experience and knows our offense. and third I don't think we'll carry and 4 Qb's and 6 Receievers so somebody has got to give up their spot and who would that be?


So by your logic if a rookie doesn't look good playing with the scrubs in 2 preseason games then he will never be good, so you shouldn't care about losing him to waivers.
Whereas keeping a 6 year vet that has easily reached the peak of his game and still only qualifies as a 3rd string backup has more of an upside?
Or do you believe that you shouldn't develop QB's on the 3rd string?

If Chiller will get a clue and give Booty a chance to start with at least the 3rd stringers if not the 2nd since TJ will be out, so we can see what he can do when he's got an O-line rather than 5 matadors.

The problem IMO, is I think GB will pick up Bollinger.
Who is a vet and better than Flynn and they can pick his brain on the Vikings capabilities and playbook.
This would be the only reason I could see keeping Bollinger as he would be more attractive to the Packers than Booty.

MaxVike
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"The" wrote:




One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

As i don't agree with sending JDB to the practice squad, I don't want to see Bollinger cut. What if we needed to use all of our 3 QB's again? Nobody would be comfortable with Booty playing.. ::)

First of all, Booty wouldn't make it through waivers to the practice squad.
The same thing that happened with Thigpen would happen here.
He would be gone.
Second, he is better and will be better than Brooks.
Bollinger looks like a high school QB out there most of the time.
BUT... with the Jackson injury, we could start the season with 4 QB's on the roster.

First, i'd like to point out that i did not agree with sending Booty to the practice Squad, you can find that in the first sentence in my post. second How will he be better than Brooks? sure doesn't look like he will
??? even though it's preseason Brooks has the experience and knows our offense. and third I don't think we'll carry and 4 Qb's and 6 Receievers so somebody has got to give up their spot and who would that be?


So by your logic if a rookie doesn't look good playing with the scrubs in 2 preseason games then he will never be good, so you shouldn't care about losing him to waivers.
Whereas keeping a 6 year vet that has easily reached the peak of his game and still only qualifies as a 3rd string backup has more of an upside?
Or do you believe that you shouldn't develop QB's on the 3rd string?

If Chiller will get a clue and give Booty a chance to start with at least the 3rd stringers if not the 2nd since TJ will be out, so we can see what he can do when he's got an O-line rather than 5 matadors.

The problem IMO, is I think GB will pick up Bollinger.
Who is a vet and better than Flynn and they can pick his brain on the Vikings capabilities and playbook.
This would be the only reason I could see keeping Bollinger as he would be more attractive to the Packers than Booty.


If Bolly is a better fit for Green Bay...so be it.
We will sack his ass too
;D.
As it relates to playbook, Bolly can't run the team as it is, maybe he can communicate how to stop it better
:P.
Bolly has had his chance to run the Team, he didn't capitalize...Booty is a rook, needs to be developed.
Bolly is who we thought he was...if we only keep 3, he's gotta go, sorry.

tastywaves
08-18-2008, 05:40 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:






One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.

As i don't agree with sending JDB to the practice squad, I don't want to see Bollinger cut. What if we needed to use all of our 3 QB's again? Nobody would be comfortable with Booty playing.. ::)

First of all, Booty wouldn't make it through waivers to the practice squad.
The same thing that happened with Thigpen would happen here.
He would be gone.
Second, he is better and will be better than Brooks.
Bollinger looks like a high school QB out there most of the time.
BUT... with the Jackson injury, we could start the season with 4 QB's on the roster.

First, i'd like to point out that i did not agree with sending Booty to the practice Squad, you can find that in the first sentence in my post. second How will he be better than Brooks? sure doesn't look like he will
??? even though it's preseason Brooks has the experience and knows our offense. and third I don't think we'll carry and 4 Qb's and 6 Receievers so somebody has got to give up their spot and who would that be?


So by your logic if a rookie doesn't look good playing with the scrubs in 2 preseason games then he will never be good, so you shouldn't care about losing him to waivers.
Whereas keeping a 6 year vet that has easily reached the peak of his game and still only qualifies as a 3rd string backup has more of an upside?
Or do you believe that you shouldn't develop QB's on the 3rd string?

If Chiller will get a clue and give Booty a chance to start with at least the 3rd stringers if not the 2nd since TJ will be out, so we can see what he can do when he's got an O-line rather than 5 matadors.

The problem IMO, is I think GB will pick up Bollinger.
Who is a vet and better than Flynn and they can pick his brain on the Vikings capabilities and playbook.
This would be the only reason I could see keeping Bollinger as he would be more attractive to the Packers than Booty.


If Bolly is a better fit for Green Bay...so be it.
We will sack his jiggly butt too
;D.
As it relates to playbook, Bolly can't run the team as it is, maybe he can communicate how to stop it better
:P.
Bolly has had his chance to run the Team, he didn't capitalize...Booty is a rook, needs to be developed.
Bolly is who we thought he was...if we only keep 3, he's gotta go, sorry.


If Brooks was a keeper, we wouldn't have picked up Gus.
Booty has to really screw the pooch to miss out on the third spot.

PurplePowerPunch
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Bye Brooks.

Purple Floyd
08-18-2008, 06:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett





I edited it a bit. ;D
I believe Mattran will be on the team and playing for Mac when he is sitting home for a few games.

Hmmmm, have we seen him over at LT yet?

My guess is if he is gonna do that we would see him working over that at LT.
To date I've only seen Chase and Rad over there.
Hicks has been working the Gaurd spot next to them.


You weren't watching? He was playing LT when he hurt his ankle.

gamecocksbaseball31
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
When I was re-watching the game vs the Ravens today, I noticed the ad for the Ravens of "guessing the opening day roster."
Which ever fan was closest to guessing all the spots and players that make it get 2 tickets to the SuperBowl.
That was pretty cool I thought and I wish that we could have something like that.

Garland Greene
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:


"The" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


One thing we can be sure of -- No matter who is cut some will howl about it. (With the possibler exception of Bollinger)
;D


Nope. Don't cut Brooks. Send JDB to the practice squad where he belongs.


C'mon, Booty has been playing with the lower end players on the roster, NOOOOOO pass protection to speak of. That was a bad pass he threw Sat that went for a Ravens TD, but he's a rookie. Let him get his bumps and bruises now .He's NOT going on the practice squad, nooooo chance of that happening. Bollinger is G-O-N-E !!!


Exactly How can anyone look decent when you ar playing with all 4th Stringers.

singersp
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett



I can't believe you have your "Birk Heir Apparent" scribbled in as one of the first cuts.
:P

marstc09
08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett




Is Burnett even on the team anymore? Dumford was wearing number 61 on Sat.

singersp
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett




Is Burnett even on the team anymore? Dumford was wearing number 61 on Sat.


They are both still listed on the roster & both as #61

http://www.vikings.com/TeamPlayerRoster.aspx


No mention of him being cut here either;

http://www.vikings.com/TeamRosterMoves.aspx

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Roster cuts to make 75:

Brooks Bollinger
Marcus Walker
David Herron or Jeremy Leman
Nate Jones
Daniel Davis
Brandon Sumrall
Dee McCann
Albert Young



Sumrall made some good plays in the last game. You think they might keep him around to see what happens with the rest of the roster and injuries before cutting the ties with him?

We were all trying to figure out who that cat (Sumrall) was.
Might make it tough to call on that one.

Here is my guess.
By the way, I think all of these guys will be gone when they cut down to 53.

Leman, Jeremy
Dumford, Sean or Pasteur, Brock
Mattran or Mozes
Husain
Burnett



I can't believe you have your "Birk Heir Apparent" scribbled in as one of the first cuts.
:P

LOL, I told you..........
I have no favorites.
At least not since Joey.
Well maybe OTIS OTIS OTIS this year and Herrera and Gordon last year. ;D

Seriously though, I don't look at player and evaluate them on like or dislike.
I look at their play.
If I see issues with thier play I point them out.

Truth be told I'm not happy with either one of them except when it comes to pulling.
Both do a good job.

NodakPaul
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Saw this on Access Vikings:

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

One thing that did not make today’s paper was the veteran leadership council that coach Brad Childress has assembled for this season. That group includes defensive end Jared Allen; wide receiver Robert Ferguson; quarterback Gus Frerotte; guard Steve Hutchinson; tight end Jim Kleinsasser; linebacker Ben Leber; kicker Ryan Longwell; tight end Visanthe Shiancoe; fullback Thomas Tapeh; defensive tackle Kevin Williams; and cornerback Antoine Winfield.

The fact that Fergie is on the leadership council for this year doesn't bode well for Nance's chances at making the final cut.
Unless we keep 6 WRs...

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


Saw this on Access Vikings:

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

One thing that did not make today’s paper was the veteran leadership council that coach Brad Childress has assembled for this season. That group includes defensive end Jared Allen; wide receiver Robert Ferguson; quarterback Gus Frerotte; guard Steve Hutchinson; tight end Jim Kleinsasser; linebacker Ben Leber; kicker Ryan Longwell; tight end Visanthe Shiancoe; fullback Thomas Tapeh; defensive tackle Kevin Williams; and cornerback Antoine Winfield.

The fact that Fergie is on the leadership council for this year doesn't bode well for Nance's chances at making the final cut.
Unless we keep 6 WRs...

Man, you really know how to take a otherwise fine day and just muck it up for a fella now don't you.
:'(
:'(
:'(
:'(

marstc09
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


Saw this on Access Vikings:

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

One thing that did not make today’s paper was the veteran leadership council that coach Brad Childress has assembled for this season. That group includes defensive end Jared Allen; wide receiver Robert Ferguson; quarterback Gus Frerotte; guard Steve Hutchinson; tight end Jim Kleinsasser; linebacker Ben Leber; kicker Ryan Longwell; tight end Visanthe Shiancoe; fullback Thomas Tapeh; defensive tackle Kevin Williams; and cornerback Antoine Winfield.

The fact that Fergie is on the leadership council for this year doesn't bode well for Nance's chances at making the final cut.
Unless we keep 6 WRs...


Hence the reason I keep saying mark my words Ferg will make this team.

NodakPaul
08-19-2008, 01:44 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


Saw this on Access Vikings:

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

One thing that did not make today’s paper was the veteran leadership council that coach Brad Childress has assembled for this season. That group includes defensive end Jared Allen; wide receiver Robert Ferguson; quarterback Gus Frerotte; guard Steve Hutchinson; tight end Jim Kleinsasser; linebacker Ben Leber; kicker Ryan Longwell; tight end Visanthe Shiancoe; fullback Thomas Tapeh; defensive tackle Kevin Williams; and cornerback Antoine Winfield.

The fact that Fergie is on the leadership council for this year doesn't bode well for Nance's chances at making the final cut.
Unless we keep 6 WRs...

Man, you really know how to take a otherwise fine day and just muck it up for a fella now don't you.

:'(
:'(
:'(
:'(


Doesn't make me all that happy either...

gamecocksbaseball31
08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
I think you need to look at it as a positive though.
We are still a run-orientated team and by having Fergy on the field, it adds one of the best blocking WR's in the game up there with Hines Ward.
He does a great job and turns AD big gains into AD TD's.