PDA

View Full Version : Peterson GQ article

Garland Greene
08-17-2008, 12:32 PM
ADRIAN PETERSON: THE NFL’S, MOST TALENTED, MAGNETIC PLAYER… (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_7405)

By Lisa DePaulo

He is 23, all of 23, and still very much a kid from East Texas. A kid whose favorite activities off the field are playing poker and going to Bible class. But he is also a kid who is suddenly the biggest pro-football star in the country—the 2007 Rookie of the Year, who rushed for 1,300 yards and twelve touchdowns in just fourteen games last year and is now being compared to everyone from O. J. Simpson to Gale Sayers and Jim Brown and…

lakehubertviking
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Two more brothers, Derrick and Eldon, live with him in this house and have guided him on some of the major decorating decisions. Such as: painting the entire basement in Viking purple

That's awesome, he has his own Vikings man-cave.

ThorSPL
08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Those bids WERE pretty damned low; wow.

Good article though!

mountainviking
08-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah from 40G to 2500!??

Cool article though...good glimspe of his day to day life.
Pretty much non stop.

jessejames09
08-17-2008, 01:45 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:

Yeah from 40G to 2500!??

Pretty much non stop.

Yeah pp.o should have had a fundraiser for the dinner at ADs house. Hell a dollar a piece and we could have taken the whole pp.o family over. Imagine how AD would react with several thousand purple #28's at his door. ;D

DaunteHOF
08-17-2008, 03:02 PM
GQ? now u know u ballin

johnnyfrey12
08-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Good article, it's cool to see the non-football side of a player.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice article. One thing I found interesting- "(The other nickname he gets here in Minnesota is “Purple Jesus,” which he loathes.)"

gamecocksbaseball31
08-17-2008, 03:41 PM
That was a great article.
I was really impressed and shocked at some of the stories...

StillPurple
08-17-2008, 06:48 PM
I actually just read that. The pictures are good. He is CUT. Has some interesting tats.

Anyway, I personally don't care what his hobbies are, if he can hit the hole and run well. Now we just need to get him a running lane and/or get him in space so he can use his ridiculous skills.

To self:
God, I just "outed" myself as a guy who reads GQ, on a pro football site !! ::) :P

V4L
08-17-2008, 07:21 PM
No more callin him purple Jesus

PurplePeopleEaters
08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

I actually just read that. The pictures are good. He is CUT. Has some interesting tats.

Anyway, I personally don't care what his hobbies are, if he can hit the hole and run well. Now we just need to get him a running lane and/or get him in space so he can use his ridiculous skills.

To self:
God, I just "outed" myself as a guy who reads GQ, on a pro football site !! ::) :P

Haha i don't see a problem with reading GQ. I don't get the magazine but I check up on the site every once in a while. They actually have good fashion tips as gay as it sounds. And, as I always say, if you looks good you feel good.

gagarr
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Great article.

I doubt the 2nd Annual Adrian Peterson Golf Classic is going to be held at Bearpath Golf and "cheap skate" club.

gamecocksbaseball31
08-17-2008, 09:16 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:

To self:

What pictures?
I only saw the one on the first page...

erik5032
08-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Probably more pictures in the actual magazine. I may have to run out and grab this

singersp
08-20-2008, 05:58 AM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:

"StillPurple" wrote:

To self:

What pictures?
I only saw the one on the first page...

Sounds like not only did he admit to reading GQ, he admitted to subscribing to the magazine as well.
:D

Zeus
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
"V4L" wrote:

No more callin him purple Jesus

To his face, sure.

=Z=

hx38596
08-20-2008, 10:27 AM
"mountainviking" wrote:

Yeah from 40G to 2500!??

Pretty much non stop.

Yeah, my last trip through Oklahoma showed me how many AD fans there really are.
You won't beleive all the purple and red 28 jersey's.
40g...
you gotta factor in oil money in there as well.

BloodyHorns82
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Great article...

It mentioned that he likes to play poker.
I know a guy who has played against him a few times at Canterbury and taken a few Gs from him.
;D

Just a drop in the bucket.
;D

Json
08-20-2008, 12:04 PM
I enjoyed the article, it's so nice to see this kid doing great things.
He has overcome so much in his life and seems to always be straight laced.
AD has replaced Randy Moss in many ways already by just being such a great guy for the city and the organization.
I live in WI and I NEVER here people complain about him as a player and a person.
It's nice to have a good guy on the team with the ability to be one of the best to step on a football field.
Makes a guy even more proud to be a Vikings fan.

Marrdro
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
OK, its AD from now on.

Prophet
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

OK, its AD from now on.

I thought it is PJ from now on.

gamecocksbaseball31
08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Just to add to the "Peterson is a heck of a good guy" thread, I was at the KC Vikes scrimmage in River Falls this year and after the scrimmage all the players walked back to the locker rooms.
There were 3 players that stopped to sign autographs.
2 Chiefs no-namers and 1 Viking... All-Day was the only one to stop and sign...
He is a heck of a guy.

erik5032
08-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I declare that I am now to be referred as Purple Jesus!