PDA

View Full Version : McKinnie suspended 4 games.... (Speculation)



Vikestand
08-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
shitty.....
But i can't say I didn't see it coming.
Can he be suspended for the 3 remaining preseason games and the packers game??

</optimism?

marstc09
08-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
as long as its not Chase Johnson.

I wonder if Chilly will impose any punishment of his own?
I would think not, since he hasn't done it yet.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Can't say he doesn't deserve it.
He's an idiot who has consistently put himself ahead of the team.
If we could get something decent for him in the offseason I'd be all for it.
This really puts us in a bind now.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Sirius has been saying it since about 3:00 to 4:00 PM yesterday.
Still haven't seen anything in print on any of the major sports sites yet.

Wonder why that is. ::)

Zeus
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
"Vikestand" wrote:


Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....


Nothing on startribune.com
Nothing on PFT
Nothing on Vikings.com
Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on SI.com
Nothing on ESPN.com

So, perhaps it's not quite time to jump off a ledge.

=Z=

Zeus
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Sirius has been saying it since about 3:00 to 4:00 PM yesterday.
Still haven't seen anything in print on any of the major sports sites yet.

Wonder why that is. ::)


Because the dipshits on the NFL channel on Sirius are dipshits?

=Z=

AngloVike
08-14-2008, 10:13 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....


Nothing on startribune.com
Nothing on PFT
Nothing on Vikings.com
Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on SI.com
Nothing on ESPN.com

So, perhaps it's not quite time to jump off a ledge.

=Z=

in McKinnie's case that may be the only way he'd move faster than the DE lining up opposite him

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 10:15 AM
"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks
;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2008, 10:20 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks

;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.


Maybe, but I would rather not have players learning on the fly with our difficult early season schedule.

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 10:21 AM
hicks not getting any better is still alot better than Chase.
Remember how you and others were saying how hard it is for a lineman to learn this scheme?
What makes you think Chase can do it in 3 weeks?
He looked god-awful all Seattle-game, i can't see that changing by week 1.

Zeus
08-14-2008, 10:22 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....


Nothing on startribune.com
Nothing on PFT
Nothing on Vikings.com
Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on SI.com
Nothing on ESPN.com

So, perhaps it's not quite time to jump off a ledge.


*bump*

=Z=

olson_10
08-14-2008, 10:23 AM
what a clown..if we had a good long term replacement for him, id be all for cutting him, but unfortunately we will have to hold onto him til we either draft or sign somebody else

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
But I think we all know, whether or not it's been announced yet, it will eventually happen.
maybe the number will change, but a suspension is looming.

C Mac D
08-14-2008, 10:26 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....


Nothing on startribune.com
Nothing on PFT
Nothing on Vikings.com
Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on SI.com
Nothing on ESPN.com

So, perhaps it's not quite time to jump off a ledge.


*bump*

=Z=


What does it matter? He's going to be suspended for 3-4 games anyways, so you may as well just accept it... regardless of who reports it.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks

;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.


Maybe, but I would rather not have players learning on the fly with our difficult early season schedule.

You should know that I don't want to see any of the players learning on the fly but alas, we have been subjugated to that process for 2 years.

Why do you think they wouldn't do it this year? ;D

tastywaves
08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....


Nothing on startribune.com
Nothing on PFT
Nothing on Vikings.com
Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on SI.com
Nothing on ESPN.com

So, perhaps it's not quite time to jump off a ledge.


*bump*

=Z=


What does it matter? He's going to be suspended for 3-4 games anyways, so you may as well just accept it... regardless of who reports it.


There you have it Z.
Is CMD enough of a confirmation for you?

Zeus
08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikestand" wrote:


Just heard it on Sirrius NFL radio.....


Nothing on startribune.com
Nothing on PFT
Nothing on Vikings.com
Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on SI.com
Nothing on ESPN.com

So, perhaps it's not quite time to jump off a ledge.


*bump*


What does it matter? He's going to be suspended for 3-4 games anyways, so you may as well just accept it... regardless of who reports it.


I'd be shocked if a suspension was more than 2 games.
That's why this is irresponsible.

=Z=

C Mac D
08-14-2008, 10:46 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


I'd be shocked if a suspension was more than 2 games.
That's why this is irresponsible.

=Z=


He beat the hell out of someone with a metal pole... I think it will be more than two games.

BleedinPandG
08-14-2008, 10:47 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


I'd be shocked if a suspension was more than 2 games.
That's why this is irresponsible.

=Z=


He beat the hell out of someone with a metal pole... I think it will be more than two games.


Allegedly...

C Mac D
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


I'd be shocked if a suspension was more than 2 games.
That's why this is irresponsible.

=Z=


He beat the hell out of someone with a metal pole... I think it will be more than two games.


Allegedly...


Right...

NodakPaul
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
PFT.com isn't even picking up on this one, and they report every rumor - real or not. ;)
I'm not getting my panties in a bunch just yet.

However, like C Mac, I expect a 3-4 game suspension.
If it is only 2 I will be pleasantly surprised.
If it is less than 2, I will be disappointed in Goodell.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
"C" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


I'd be shocked if a suspension was more than 2 games.
That's why this is irresponsible.

=Z=


He beat the hell out of someone with a metal pole... I think it will be more than two games.


Especially considering his history with the Love Boat.

marstc09
08-14-2008, 10:50 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks

;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.


ROTFLMAO! I just fell off my chair.
;D

C Mac D
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


PFT.com isn't even picking up on this one, and they report every rumor - real or not. ;)
I'm not getting my panties in a bunch just yet.

However, like C Mac, I expect a 3-4 game suspension. If it is only 2 I will be pleasantly surprised.
If it is less than 2, I will be disappointed in Goodell.


Pretty much nailed it on the head.

Vikingswillrule
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
If true this is a big loss for the continuity of the O Line. Tarvaris needs to be as comfortable in the pocket as possible to have success.

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks

;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.


Maybe, but I would rather not have players learning on the fly with our difficult early season schedule.

You should know that I don't want to see any of the players learning on the fly but alas, we have been subjugated to that process for 2 years.

Why do you think they wouldn't do it this year? ;D


because LT is one of the more important positions on the field.
I am about 99% sure Hicks would be playing over Chase or Rad.
100% sure he'd play over chase, he just played terrible.

BleedinPandG
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
"Vikingswillrule" wrote:


If true this is a big loss for the continuity of the O Line. Tarvaris needs to be as comfortable in the pocket as possible to have success.


Expect more runs to the left and more play action roll-out to the right type throws.

NodakPaul
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
"Vikingswillrule" wrote:


If true this is a big loss for the continuity of the O Line. Tarvaris needs to be as comfortable in the pocket as possible to have success.


Welcome to PP.O Vikingswillrule.
Don't forget to go introduce yourself in the free beer forum.

You are right, of course.
Losing McKinnie will be a huge loss to our OL.
I am hoping that the suspension, if and when it does come, won't take effect until after his court date on September 25th.
That way we will have GB, Indy, and Carolina out of the way, possibly Tennessee too.
That would put us in a stretch of NO, Detroit, Chicago, and Houston, which I think would be a lot better situation if McKinnie is out.

Vikestand
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Holy shit shooting the messenger people...I forgot we aren't supposed to post on here unless we can back up what we heard on national radio with 10 other articles....It could be a lie....who knows, but don't attack me.......

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 11:37 AM
don't worry about it, some guys here have been a little fiesty since those towel boy rumours.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks

;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.


Maybe, but I would rather not have players learning on the fly with our difficult early season schedule.

You should know that I don't want to see any of the players learning on the fly but alas, we have been subjugated to that process for 2 years.

Why do you think they wouldn't do it this year? ;D


because LT is one of the more important positions on the field.
I am about 99% sure Hicks would be playing over Chase or Rad.
100% sure he'd play over chase, he just played terrible.

And the RT is just slightly below that but we still saw a collegiate Center starting at RT last year.

Comeon my friend, I, above all, want to see seasoned vets in there over rookies. I'm just saying that from a historic perspective this staf won't hesitate to run a young kid out there.

Besides, Hicks, Chase, Rad, who cares, if they were LT's they would be starting.
Does it really matter which one steps on the field?
We will still see a TE helping out (as we did with Big Mac) and the QB rolling to Cooks (OMG a 2nd year RT) side.
;D

As to Chase playing terrible, what did we see?
He let a guy get to JDB for a sack.
:o
Other than that, as Mars pointed out, he created his portion of the pocket enough to allow JDB to step up into it.
What more can you ask of the guy?


Quote from: marstc09 on August 12, 2008, 04:06:24 pm

Go back and watch the game again. He was constantly being pushed into the pocket. Just because he did not let up a sack does not mean he played well. Thank god Booty has the awareness to step up. Booty looked like he could be good someday. Chase never held his ground against 3rd stringers. That is why I am concerned. Can you imagine what would happen if he faced Dwight Freeney, Peppers, Kearse or KGB because that is who he is going to face if McKinnie is suspended for the first 4 games

Quote from: Marrdro on August 12, 2008, 04:09:31 pm

A contridiction there.
He was either pushed back into the pocket or he wasn't.
Seems to me that your saying he stayed in front of his man and routed his man to the outside and the QB just had to step up in the pocket to avoid the rush?


Quote from: marstc09 on August 12, 2008

I used the wrong words. The point is he got pushed into Bootys area. Sure Booty just had to step up but that is not really what matters. Your avoiding my point that he faced 3rd stringers. He did not route his man to the outside. If it wasn't for Booty releasing the ball he would have been toast.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46927.msg818641#msg818641

C Mac D
08-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Any chance they pop Sullivan in at LT? Just for shits-and-giggles if nothing else.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
"C" wrote:


Any chance they pop Sullivan in at LT? Just for poohies-and-giggles if nothing else.

Don't want to get labled as a stereotyper again, however, if memory serves his arms are a bit short for T.
My guess is they will go with Hicks (puke puke) because of his versatility and experience.


Again, I hope either Chase or Rad step up and show us something.
::)

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Any chance they pop Sullivan in at LT? Just for poohies-and-giggles if nothing else.

Don't want to get labled as a stereotyper again, however, if memory serves his arms are a bit short for T.
My guess is they will go with Hicks (puke puke) because of his versatility and experience.


Again, I hope either Chase or Rad step up and show us something.

::)


You know what I find funny.
You're quick to jump on Hicks, but Shiancoe, TJ, Griffin, Chase, and others all get a free pass.
Hicks has proven to be average at best, below average at worst.
There's a reason he's still on the roster, the coaches obviously see something in him they like (sound familiar?)
In 1 preseason game against 3rd stringers, Chase has shown that he can get pushed back easilly, and can't hold his own ground.
I don't even want to imagine how he would perform against starters.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 12:41 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Any chance they pop Sullivan in at LT? Just for poohies-and-giggles if nothing else.

Don't want to get labled as a stereotyper again, however, if memory serves his arms are a bit short for T.
My guess is they will go with Hicks (puke puke) because of his versatility and experience.


Again, I hope either Chase or Rad step up and show us something.

::)


You know what I find funny.
You're quick to jump on Hicks, but Shiancoe, TJ, Griffin, Chase, and others all get a free pass.
Hicks has proven to be average at best, below average at worst.
There's a reason he's still on the roster, the coaches obviously see something in him they like (sound familiar?)
In 1 preseason game against 3rd stringers, Chase has shown that he can get pushed back easilly, and can't hold his own ground.
I don't even want to imagine how he would perform against starters.

Well played my friend.
Well played indeed.


I guess if you watch close to my position on Hicks, its more about the fact that he was given the chance to start, several times in fact, but couldn't come through.

To me, and here is my rub against him, it all comes down to roster spots, who fills them and thier potential.
He is versatile and can play all positions across the line (thats why he is still here by the way) but he has no potential to be a starter.


If it was me and I was in the midst of building a team, I would use that spot on a guy I could develop instead of a guy that can plug a hole.

As to Chase, as with all of our OL, they always get pushed around.
Give me context in the area where he actually got blown up and cost us yardage while he was out there.
Other than the sack on JDB he played within the scheme just as we saw with the other backups.

By the way, the truth of the matter is you guys keep harping on my support for Chase but in all reality I have always mentioned two guys of late.


Not just Chase. Possibly a case of selective reading.
;D
;D
;D
;D

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
no, but I remember probably a month back, you were trying to convince us all that Chase and Sullivan were god in football player form.
that Birk was no longer needed, because we have an unproven rookie who might be able to play at half the level of birk in a couple of years.
but the coaches and scouts thought he was good, so it must be true!


I figure, stick with the vets, unless you have a can't miss rookie.
no rookie linemen we have are at a high enough level to start, so if we have a marginal player to fill in for a few games, i'd rather have that, than Chase who couldn't hold his own ground in preseason against 3rd stringers.






I guess if you watch close to my position on Hicks, its more about the fact that he was given the chance to start, several times in fact, but couldn't come through.

To me, and here is my rub against him, it all comes down to roster spots, who fills them and thier potential.
He is versatile and can play all positions across the line (thats why he is still here by the way) but he has no potential to be a starter.

If it was me and I was in the midst of building a team, I would use that spot on a guy I could develop instead of a guy that can plug a hole.

As to Chase, as with all of our OL, they always get pushed around.
Give me context in the area where he actually got blown up and cost us yardage while he was out there.
Other than the sack on JDB he played within the scheme just as we saw with the other backups.


And its the same as the Shiancoe situation...

You say he never cost any big plays... but he didn't make any either.
Where were the running holes?
The entire left side was completely shut down.
The only good run came from Hicks to the right (coincidentally, where Marcus Johnson and I believe Hicks were playing)


Also, Chase never played enough to give up too many bad plays, but the one was bad, others he didn't do much good on, he'd get pushed back.
Sometimes Sullivan would have his tackle held down, (not literally) so JDB couls step up, but a few times, he was swarmed from all angles.


As for playing in the scheme along with all the other backups, I ask you this.

Name 2 backup linemen you would be comfortable starting with.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
author=i_bleed_purple no, but I remember probably a month back, you were trying to convince us all that Chase and Sullivan were god in football player form.
that Birk was no longer needed, because we have an unproven rookie who might be able to play at half the level of birk in a couple of years.
but the coaches and scouts thought he was good, so it must be true!


I figure, stick with the vets, unless you have a can't miss rookie.
no rookie linemen we have are at a high enough level to start, so if we have a marginal player to fill in for a few games, i'd rather have that, than Chase who couldn't hold his own ground in preseason against 3rd stringers.

Wow now......

If memory serves my discussion points at that time were centered around the fact that Chase and Mozes (not Sullivan) should have a leg up on guys like Rad, Sullivan etc cause they had one year in the system.

Find me one place were I said we should pooh can Birk or Big Mac for either one of them as they weren't needed.
Seriously, those discussions were centered on the 2009 season and not this one my friend.




And its the same as the Shiancoe situation...

You say he never cost any big plays... but he didn't make any either.
Where were the running holes?
The entire left side was completely shut down.
The only good run came from Hicks to the right (coincidentally, where Marcus Johnson and I believe Hicks were playing)

Actually if memory serves Hicks was playing LG next to Rad and then Chase.
Go back and look at the tape.


Also, Chase never played enough to give up too many bad plays, but the one was bad, others he didn't do much good on, he'd get pushed back.
Sometimes Sullivan would have his tackle held down, (not literally) so JDB couls step up, but a few times, he was swarmed from all angles.
Was he pushed back or taking his guy to the outside?
Again, as you say, not alot of reps, but I saw him take his guy outside rather nicely.
Heck he even took his guy wide on the sack but didn't hold it long enough for JDB to get away.


By the way, JDB should have stepped up that time not tried to scramble to the right.
If he would have done that Chases man would have been out of the play.


As for playing in the scheme along with all the other backups, I ask you this.

Name 2 backup linemen you would be comfortable starting with.
Chase Johson, Marcus Johnson, Radovich, Sullivan but not Hicks.... ;D JK.

Seriously, I wouldn't be happy with any backups.
Thats the point.
I am looking at potential to eventually become a starter.
Do you really think that any of the guys I just listed are ready to be a starter?
I sure they hell don't think they are, however, at some point, one or all of them could based on potential.

Hicks, my friend, has reached his potential.
Maybe thats good enough, I don't know, but I sure would hate to let a guy like Radovich go to keep Hicks and then see Rad live up to his potential on another team and think back to how we could have kept him but instead opted for Hicks.

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2008, 01:04 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


no, but I remember probably a month back, you were trying to convince us all that Chase and Sullivan were god in football player form.
that Birk was no longer needed, because we have an unproven rookie who might be able to play at half the level of birk in a couple of years.
but the coaches and scouts thought he was good, so it must be true!


I figure, stick with the vets, unless you have a can't miss rookie.
no rookie linemen we have are at a high enough level to start, so if we have a marginal player to fill in for a few games, i'd rather have that, than Chase who couldn't hold his own ground in preseason against 3rd stringers.


Wow now......

If memory serves my discussion points at that time were centered around the fact that Chase and Mozes (not Sullivan) should have a leg up on guys like Rad, Sullivan etc cause they had one year in the system.

Find me one place were I said we should shit can Birk or Big Mac for either one of them as they weren't needed.
Seriously, those discussions were centered on the 2009 season and not this one my friend.




And its the same as the Shiancoe situation...

You say he never cost any big plays... but he didn't make any either.
Where were the running holes?
The entire left side was completely shut down.
The only good run came from Hicks to the right (coincidentally, where Marcus Johnson and I believe Hicks were playing)

Actually if memory serves Hicks was playing LG next to Rad and then Chase.
Go back and look at the tape.


Also, Chase never played enough to give up too many bad plays, but the one was bad, others he didn't do much good on, he'd get pushed back.
Sometimes Sullivan would have his tackle held down, (not literally) so JDB couls step up, but a few times, he was swarmed from all angles.
Was he pushed back or taking his guy to the outside?
Again, as you say, not alot of reps, but I saw him take his guy outside rather nicely.
Heck he even took his guy wide on the sack but didn't hold it long enough for JDB to get away.


By the way, JDB should have stepped up that time not tried to scramble to the right.
If he would have done that Chases man would have been out of the play.


As for playing in the scheme along with all the other backups, I ask you this.

Name 2 backup linemen you would be comfortable starting with.
Chase Johson, Marcus Johnson, Radovich, Sullivan but not Hicks.... ;D JK.

Seriously, I wouldn't be happy with any backups.
Thats the point.
I am looking at potential to eventually become a starter.
Do you really think that any of the guys I just listed are ready to be a starter?
I sure they hell don't think they are, however, at some point, one or all of them could based on potential.

Hicks, my friend, has reached his potential.
Maybe thats good enough, I don't know, but I sure would hate to let a guy like Radovich go to keep Hicks and then see Rad live up to his potential on another team and think back to how we could have kept him but instead opted for Hicks.



I didn't ask who you might be comfortable starting with in a year or two.
Who would you be most comfortable starting with RIGHT NOW.

If McKinney's out and Hutch breaks a leg, who out of everyone would you rather have starting?
For me, its hicks, then Marcus Johnson (actually forgot he was still on the team lol)

Chase has shown he's not nearly ready to start,
Sullivan shown he's ok against 3rd stringers, and they've all shown they have lots of work to do before playing against starters.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 01:10 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I didn't ask who you might be comfortable starting with in a year or two.
Who would you be most comfortable starting with RIGHT NOW.

If McKinney's out and Hutch breaks a leg, who out of everyone would you rather have starting?
For me, its hicks, then Marcus Johnson (actually forgot he was still on the team lol)

Chase has shown he's not nearly ready to start,
Sullivan shown he's ok against 3rd stringers, and they've all shown they have lots of work to do before playing against starters.


Wow, you are so demanding.
;D LOL
;D

Go back up in the thread a bit and you will get my feeling on this, regardless of who they put out there for Big Mac, that guy is gonna need TE help as well as, I suspect, a few rollouts to Cooks side (OMG a 2nd year RT) to negate the skill level (or lack thereof) of the guy who fills in at left tackle.

Honestly, if you really want me to name a name, I would look to Radovich at this point, if for no other reason I like the fact that he got hurt on the first drive and stuck it out.
I love cats that play through it.

By the way, you act as if I have some sort of "Man Love" for Chase.
Watch my posts closely my friend, I don't have any favorites.
I would get rid of AD if I thought it would eventually make this team better.
Seriously.

erik5032
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Are there any teams that would be interested in McKinnie? Are there any prospects that we could get? I mean McKinnie is the only trouble maker left on the team ... one of the assholes that made our team laughable because of "The love Boat." I don't care if he is good, he needs to be traded. If we could get someone that is a decent pass blocker i would be happy.

marstc09
08-14-2008, 01:18 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Any chance they pop Sullivan in at LT? Just for poohies-and-giggles if nothing else.

Don't want to get labled as a stereotyper again, however, if memory serves his arms are a bit short for T.
My guess is they will go with Hicks (puke puke) because of his versatility and experience.


Again, I hope either Chase or Rad step up and show us something.

::)


You know what I find funny.
You're quick to jump on Hicks, but Shiancoe, TJ, Griffin, Chase, and others all get a free pass.
Hicks has proven to be average at best, below average at worst.
There's a reason he's still on the roster, the coaches obviously see something in him they like (sound familiar?)
In 1 preseason game against 3rd stringers, Chase has shown that he can get pushed back easilly, and can't hold his own ground.
I don't even want to imagine how he would perform against starters.

Well played my friend.
Well played indeed.


I guess if you watch close to my position on Hicks, its more about the fact that he was given the chance to start, several times in fact, but couldn't come through.

To me, and here is my rub against him, it all comes down to roster spots, who fills them and thier potential.
He is versatile and can play all positions across the line (thats why he is still here by the way) but he has no potential to be a starter.


If it was me and I was in the midst of building a team, I would use that spot on a guy I could develop instead of a guy that can plug a hole.

As to Chase, as with all of our OL, they always get pushed around.
Give me context in the area where he actually got blown up and cost us yardage while he was out there.
Other than the sack on JDB he played within the scheme just as we saw with the other backups.

By the way, the truth of the matter is you guys keep harping on my support for Chase but in all reality I have always mentioned two guys of late.


Not just Chase. Possibly a case of selective reading.

;D
;D
;D
;D


Put him in there with starters and I bet I can show you a shit load.

Prophet
08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Wasn't he communicating/blogging on this site?
McKinnie, if you read this crap the least you can do is give us your side of the story.
Was the pole still wet from the dancers when you beat the guy with it?
Did this affect your grip?
Would a solid pole have been more effective at knocking the shit out of the guy?
If you were to do it again, or, if I ever have to do that can you offer some pole-beating tips?

PurplePride80
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
"erik5032" wrote:


Are there any teams that would be interested in McKinnie? Are there any prospects that we could get? I mean McKinnie is the only trouble maker left on the team ... one of the donkey butts that made our team laughable because of "The love Boat." I don't care if he is good, he needs to be traded. If we could get someone that is a decent pass blocker i would be happy.


Off course there are teams that would be interested in Mckinnie. He's clearly one of the better left tackles in the league at one of the most important positions in football.

But do you really think they're going to trade him? I don't. I mean, I obviously can't speak for the Vikings organization, but I just don't see them even considering trading him unless he were to mess up again.

The love boat incident is overrated to me because it was a group of guys, not just Mckinnie. I know that still dosen't make it right, but the blame shouldn't just be put on Bryant that's all I'm saying.

The incident with him hitting someone with a poll at the club was pretty bad. But people make mistakes, and I think the most important thing is to see if he's learned anything AFTER this incident. Everyone messes up, the question is do you learn from your mistakes.

Only time will tell.

erik5032
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
"TimmyT" wrote:


"erik5032" wrote:


Are there any teams that would be interested in McKinnie? Are there any prospects that we could get? I mean McKinnie is the only trouble maker left on the team ... one of the donkey butts that made our team laughable because of "The love Boat." I don't care if he is good, he needs to be traded. If we could get someone that is a decent pass blocker i would be happy.


Off course there are teams that would be interested in Mckinnie. He's clearly one of the better left tackles in the league at one of the most important positions in football.

But do you really think they're going to trade him? I don't. I mean, I obviously can't speak for the Vikings organization, but I just don't see them even considering trading him unless he were to mess up again.

The love boat incident is overrated to me because it was a group of guys, not just Mckinnie. I know that still dosen't make it right, but it shouldn't be all put on Bryant that's all I'm saying.

The incident with him hitting someone with a poll at the club was pretty bad. But people make mistakes, and I think the most important thing is to see if he's learned anything AFTER this incident. Everyone messes up, the question is do you learn from your mistakes.

Only time will tell.




It was overrated I mean what is the big deal? The women should have known better :) But McKinnie is the only person left on the team from that incident so that is the reason I get after hi 8)

Purple Floyd
08-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Mattran will be his replacement.

mountainviking
08-14-2008, 02:38 PM
LOL!!!
;D
Prophet you crack me up!

Word slipped out on the Brandon Marshall suspension early too...and, I think, it ended up right on.
Here's to hoping McKinnie isn't Foocking up any more and that he's doing the counseling etc necessary to get it reduced to 2!!!


In the meantime, we do have 3 more preseason games to get some looks at possible replacements...what if MarcusJ took over RT and Cook moved left?
Maybe vice versa?
Hopefully, Radovich can get healthy quickly and provide another option!!

SKOL VIKES!!!
School those crows!!!

vikinggreg
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


I didn't ask who you might be comfortable starting with in a year or two.
Who would you be most comfortable starting with RIGHT NOW.

If McKinney's out and Hutch breaks a leg, who out of everyone would you rather have starting?
For me, its hicks, then Marcus Johnson (actually forgot he was still on the team lol)

Chase has shown he's not nearly ready to start,
Sullivan shown he's ok against 3rd stringers, and they've all shown they have lots of work to do before playing against starters.


Wow, you are so demanding.

;D LOL
;D

Go back up in the thread a bit and you will get my feeling on this, regardless of who they put out there for Big Mac, that guy is gonna need TE help as well as, I suspect, a few rollouts to Cooks side (OMG a 2nd year RT) to negate the skill level (or lack thereof) of the guy who fills in at left tackle.

Honestly, if you really want me to name a name, I would look to Radovich at this point, if for no other reason I like the fact that he got hurt on the first drive and stuck it out.
I love cats that play through it.

By the way, you act as if I have some sort of "Man Love" for Chase.
Watch my posts closely my friend, I don't have any favorites.
I would get rid of AD if I thought it would eventually make this team better.
Seriously.




I'm interested and seeing if Radovich gets a chance to develop with the team, during the preseason game Mike Mayock called him a badbody but smart (line coach was impressed Mayock's words) and any guy that big that snowboards and surfs has some balance.....although he could be a crappy surfer and snowboarder ;D

Zeus
08-14-2008, 03:12 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:


LOL!!!

;D
Prophet you crack me up!

Word slipped out on the Brandon Marshall suspension early too...and, I think, it ended up right on.
Here's to hoping McKinnie isn't Foocking up any more and that he's doing the counseling etc necessary to get it reduced to 2!!!



The difference between Brandon Marshall and this is that other news organizations were reporting Marshall's impending suspension, whereas NO ONE ELSE is reporting McKinnie's.

=Z=

RK.
08-14-2008, 03:20 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


if I ever have to do that can you offer some pole-beating tips?


I thought you were already an expert at beating your pole prophet.
;D

Prophet
08-14-2008, 03:23 PM
"RK." wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


if I ever have to do that can you offer some pole-beating tips?


I thought you were already an expert at beating your pole prophet.
;D


Drawing cavemen is one of my specialties.

2beersTommy
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"RK." wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


if I ever have to do that can you offer some pole-beating tips?


I thought you were already an expert at beating your pole prophet.
;D


Drawing cavemen is one of my specialties.


its so easy..a caveman could do it!

DaunteHOF
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
only 4 games, phew

tastywaves
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:


only 4 games, phew


Now that is what Zeus was talking about.

I think this is still in the unsubstantiated rumor phase, although the thread title might indicate otherwise
;D

COJOMAY
08-14-2008, 04:29 PM
The Star/Tribune, on it's blog, report they just received an e-mail from the NFL offices saying the following:

An NFL spokesman responded to our e-mail saying the report by Sirius is speculation and that the league has made no announcements.

cogitans
08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


The Star/Tribune, on it's blog, report they just received an e-mail from the NFL offices saying the following:

An NFL spokesman responded to our e-mail saying the report by Sirius is speculation and that the league has made no announcements.
Thank you COJO

Had to dig through 6 pages to find out that Z were once again correct, there were no news, only rumors still.

Purple Floyd
08-14-2008, 04:55 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


The Star/Tribune, on it's blog, report they just received an e-mail from the NFL offices saying the following:

An NFL spokesman responded to our e-mail saying the report by Sirius is speculation and that the league has made no announcements.
Thank you COJO

Had to dig through 6 pages to find out that Z were once again correct, there were no news, only rumors still.


Where would this board be without baseless rumors? It would be a sad day indeed if they ended.

cogitans
08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


The Star/Tribune, on it's blog, report they just received an e-mail from the NFL offices saying the following:

An NFL spokesman responded to our e-mail saying the report by Sirius is speculation and that the league has made no announcements.
Thank you COJO

Had to dig through 6 pages to find out that Z were once again correct, there were no news, only rumors still.


Where would this board be without baseless rumors? It would be a sad day indeed if they ended.
Probably right.

Sometimes you want them more than others though.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
LOL, as I said this morning, they've been "Speculating" since around 03:00 PM yesterday.
;D

ThorSPL
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, as I said this morning, they've been "Speculating" since around 03:00 PM yesterday.

;D


You're such a smart guy :)

Mr-holland
08-14-2008, 06:13 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks
;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.

It's not about who's gonne be better, it's about who is a better fit now
You were mocking be the other day that i said that Hicks would be the one replacing McK and do a better job than chase etc.. We'll see i'm sticking with Hicks. I know he's not good a good starter but i like the experience and familiarity that Hicks has.

x-ray jeff
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
The Vikes should line up in some formation that doesn't require a left tackle on the first play after McKinnies' suspension. Put it in the playbook as "Pole Beater". McKinnie spending more time blogging and less partying woulda/coulda avoided this whole mess.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 06:41 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I am hoping Hicks can step up. Childress did say in July that he would most likely be the guy.

I think you have man love for Hicks

;D
I am hoping Chase or Rad can step up.
At least they have potential.

Hicks just isn't gonna get any better.

It's not about who's gonne be better, it's about who is a better fit now
You were mocking be the other day that i said that Hicks would be the one replacing McK and do a better job than chase etc.. We'll see i'm sticking with Hicks. I know he's not good a good starter but i like the experience and familiarity that Hicks has.

I never mock my friend unless it is during draft season.
;D

As to Hicks, I still say his versatility is why he is still around but he isn't starter material.
You might be right and he gets the nod but it is gonna be interesting to watch what happens during the next 2 or 3 pre-season games.
I bet the two young guys get a few looks with the number ones.

Besides, regardless of who starts, you gotta agree with me that they will all need help from a TE so it really doesn't matter that much.

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, as I said this morning, they've been "Speculating" since around 03:00 PM yesterday.

;D


You're such a smart guy :)

I see ESPN is running it on the ticker now. Anyone do a search for articles yet?
::)

V4L
08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Couldn't find anything. What's the deal? I don't get how Steve smith can sock his teammates 3 times and gets one game

Schutz
08-14-2008, 07:04 PM
The strib posted this

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1815

But then edited at the end that when they called the NFL office they were told it was bogus.
Still no official word outside of Sirrius radio.

V4L
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I bet he will get 2 games

singersp
08-14-2008, 07:40 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


no, but I remember probably a month back, you were trying to convince us all that Chase and Sullivan were god in football player form.
that Birk was no longer needed, because we have an unproven rookie who might be able to play at half the level of birk in a couple of years.
but the coaches and scouts thought he was good, so it must be true!


Mozes was his boy toy a month ago.
;) Haven't heard Marr mention him in weeks. How did he play last Friday?

erik5032
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM
I just hope he can play for the Green Bay and Indianapolis game ... To bad we couldn't find a really good replacement and trade him for a high draft pick ... alas that is not going to happen.

MaxVike
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
"erik5032" wrote:


Are there any teams that would be interested in McKinnie? Are there any prospects that we could get? I mean McKinnie is the only trouble maker left on the team ... one of the assholes that made our team laughable because of "The love Boat." I don't care if he is good, he needs to be traded. If we could get someone that is a decent pass blocker i would be happy.


Well, agreed.
I remain one of the few who is hopeful that being suspended will WAKE HIM THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!
At what point does it become obvious to him that he ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO LIVING UP TO HIS POTENTIAL?
Sorry, gentle giant, wake up, change your life, and DELIVER what you are capable of on the field.
I hope you realize soon that you have only scratched the surface of your ability.....that's sad to me.
Not to mention, your stupidity has impacted your Team.
You are no longer at the University of Miami, you are no longer a kid...grow up, buck up, realize your potential - be a man.

singersp
08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
LOL! 7 pages based purely off of speculation. McKinnie's court date isn't until Sept. 24. I don't know if Goodell will impose a premature suspension before that.

Didn't he already prematurely suspend a player (Bengal I believe) for a year only to later see the charges dropped or him found not guilty?

Granted I know he can suspend a player whether he's found guilty or not. I just don't think he's going to pull the trigger that prematurely. Also keep in mind, McKinnie has been trying plea bargain with Goodell as well.

MaxVike
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
"singersp" wrote:


LOL! 7 pages based purely off of speculation. McKinnie's court date isn't until Sept. 24. I don't know if Goodell will impose a premature suspension before that.

Didn't he already prematurely suspend a player (Bengal I believe) for a year only to later see the charges dropped or him found not guilty?

Granted I know he can suspend a player whether he's found guilty or not. I just don't think he's going to pull the trigger that prematurely. Also keep in mind, McKinnie has been trying plea bargain with Goodell as well.


My comments are directed solely at the situation McKinnie has put himself, his Team, and us into...not necessarily the speculated suspension.
Whether he is suspended, or not, my comments are completely applicable, and, stand.
So, if the title of the Thread was "What do you think of the McKinnie situation?" I would have made the same comments.
I remain perplexed, disappointed, and in denial that these athletes, making salaries similar to CEO's can be so stupid.
Absurd and undeniably irresponsible...

singersp
08-14-2008, 08:30 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


LOL! 7 pages based purely off of speculation. McKinnie's court date isn't until Sept. 24. I don't know if Goodell will impose a premature suspension before that.

Didn't he already prematurely suspend a player (Bengal I believe) for a year only to later see the charges dropped or him found not guilty?

Granted I know he can suspend a player whether he's found guilty or not. I just don't think he's going to pull the trigger that prematurely. Also keep in mind, McKinnie has been trying plea bargain with Goodell as well.


My comments are directed solely at the situation McKinnie has put himself, his Team, and us into...not necessarily the speculated suspension.
Whether he is suspended, or not, my comments are completely applicable, and, stand.
So, if the title of the Thread was "What do you think of the McKinnie situation?" I would have made the same comments.
I remain perplexed, disappointed, and in denial that these athletes, making salaries similar to CEO's can be so stupid.
Absurd and undeniably irresponsible...


To be fair,
CEO's & bigwigs can be stupid too. Client #9 ring a bell?
:P

Personally, unless he gets his plea agreement, I see a 4 game suspension coming.

MaxVike
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


LOL! 7 pages based purely off of speculation. McKinnie's court date isn't until Sept. 24. I don't know if Goodell will impose a premature suspension before that.

Didn't he already prematurely suspend a player (Bengal I believe) for a year only to later see the charges dropped or him found not guilty?

Granted I know he can suspend a player whether he's found guilty or not. I just don't think he's going to pull the trigger that prematurely. Also keep in mind, McKinnie has been trying plea bargain with Goodell as well.


My comments are directed solely at the situation McKinnie has put himself, his Team, and us into...not necessarily the speculated suspension.
Whether he is suspended, or not, my comments are completely applicable, and, stand.
So, if the title of the Thread was "What do you think of the McKinnie situation?" I would have made the same comments.
I remain perplexed, disappointed, and in denial that these athletes, making salaries similar to CEO's can be so stupid.
Absurd and undeniably irresponsible...


To be fair,
CEO's & bigwigs can be stupid too. Client #9 ring a bell?
:P

Personally, unless he gets his plea agreement, I see a 4 game suspension coming.


Agreed, and thank you for accentuating my point.
I look forward to meeting you at a Vikes game soon.

singersp
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"MaxVike" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


LOL! 7 pages based purely off of speculation. McKinnie's court date isn't until Sept. 24. I don't know if Goodell will impose a premature suspension before that.

Didn't he already prematurely suspend a player (Bengal I believe) for a year only to later see the charges dropped or him found not guilty?

Granted I know he can suspend a player whether he's found guilty or not. I just don't think he's going to pull the trigger that prematurely. Also keep in mind, McKinnie has been trying plea bargain with Goodell as well.


My comments are directed solely at the situation McKinnie has put himself, his Team, and us into...not necessarily the speculated suspension.
Whether he is suspended, or not, my comments are completely applicable, and, stand.
So, if the title of the Thread was "What do you think of the McKinnie situation?" I would have made the same comments.
I remain perplexed, disappointed, and in denial that these athletes, making salaries similar to CEO's can be so stupid.
Absurd and undeniably irresponsible...


To be fair,
CEO's & bigwigs can be stupid too. Client #9 ring a bell?
:P

Personally, unless he gets his plea agreement, I see a 4 game suspension coming.


Agreed, and thank you for accentuating my point.
I look forward to meeting you at a Vikes game soon.


I look forward to meeting you as well.

ThorSPL
08-14-2008, 08:50 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"ThorSPL" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, as I said this morning, they've been "Speculating" since around 03:00 PM yesterday.

;D


You're such a smart guy :)

I see ESPN is running it on the ticker now. Anyone do a search for articles yet?

::)


Awe crap!!!
Say it isn't so

gamecocksbaseball31
08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Since it is only speculation we aren't certain obviously.
For those who are thinking a possible trade is the way to go, I have to disagree.
McKinnie looked very good the last two days of camp.
He was executing his blocks on the runs and was about 50/50 with JA with the exception of a couple plays where Allen blew by him on the outside.
McKinnie is a vital part of this offense and we do need him in there.
I just wish Sirius wouldn't have come out with this when it wasn't true and hadn't been stated by the commish.

singersp
08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


Since it is only speculation we aren't certain obviously.
For those who are thinking a possible trade is the way to go, I have to disagree.
McKinnie looked very good the last two days of camp.
He was executing his blocks on the runs and was about 50/50 with JA with the exception of a couple plays where Allen blew by him on the outside.
McKinnie is a vital part of this offense and we do need him in there.
I just wish Sirius wouldn't have come out with this when it wasn't true and hadn't been stated by the commish.


I thought it was common knowledge that the ball boy took a job with Sirus.

Purple Floyd
08-14-2008, 09:18 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"ThorSPL" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, as I said this morning, they've been "Speculating" since around 03:00 PM yesterday.
;D


You're such a smart guy :)

I see ESPN is running it on the ticker now. Anyone do a search for articles yet?
::)


Awe crap!!!
Say it isn't so


The crawler on ESPN has a disclaimer crediting it to sirius. They are covering their own butts

ragz
08-14-2008, 09:24 PM
having to face a good packers rush, and then dwight freeney in weeks one and 2 doesn't bode well for us.
neither is not having m.williams in the secondary for those 2 games against expected good pass offenses.
i'm getting more and more worried as we get closer to the season.
i just dont want to be fighting an uphill battle again, cuz the schedule to start the year is tough.

Mr Anderson
08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Like Singer said, I doubt we hear anything about McKinnie's suspension until after his trial.


Hopefully all goes well in court, and it ends up only being a 2 gamer. I'd like to have him around for the start of the season though. So we gain some momentum, hopefully a backup can just step in for him temporarily and it won't effect us too badly.

Our closest games to his date are:
September 28th vs. Tennessee
October 6th vs. New Orleans
October 12th vs. Detroit
October 19th vs. Chicago
October 26th vs. Houston

Ideally the suspension would be against New Orleans and Detroit, meaning it's a two gamer, and it takes more than 4 days for the commish to lay down his decision.

Most likely scenario seems to be we lose Mount McKinnie for Tennesee, New Orleans, Detroit, and Chicago. However, I believe these games are all winnable without Big Mac, as they all really lack a single dominant pass rusher that he'd be going up against.

Worst case, we lose him for New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago, and Houston. Mario Williams would have about 40 sacks that game.

Schutz
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
"ragz" wrote:


having to face a good packers rush, and then dwight freeney in weeks one and 2 doesn't bode well for us.
neither is not having m.williams in the secondary for those 2 games against expected good pass offenses.
i'm getting more and more worried as we get closer to the season.
i just dont want to be fighting an uphill battle again, cuz the schedule to start the year is tough.



It's tough, but a good opportunity to see what kind of depth we have.
We don't know what the game against GB will be like with their new QB in town, and Peyton might hopefully still be out of the swing of things coming off his surgery.
We still have Birk and Hutch on the line, and I think Sharper and the rook will do an OK job in the backfield, if Allen delivers as promised our pass D will hopefully be better with or without M Williams.
Time will tell, but if the Vikes can control the clock with the run and play a tight D against the run and pass we can still win some ball games.

Purple Floyd
08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
I just hope they use the preseason games to get Mattran in the lineup and get some real work with the 1st team

ragz
08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
"Schutz" wrote:


"ragz" wrote:


having to face a good packers rush, and then dwight freeney in weeks one and 2 doesn't bode well for us.
neither is not having m.williams in the secondary for those 2 games against expected good pass offenses.
i'm getting more and more worried as we get closer to the season.
i just dont want to be fighting an uphill battle again, cuz the schedule to start the year is tough.



It's tough, but a good opportunity to see what kind of depth we have.
We don't know what the game against GB will be like with their new QB in town, and Peyton might hopefully still be out of the swing of things coming off his surgery.
We still have Birk and Hutch on the line, and I think Sharper and the rook will do an OK job in the backfield, if Allen delivers as promised our pass D will hopefully be better with or without M Williams.
Time will tell, but if the Vikes can control the clock with the run and play a tight D against the run and pass we can still win some ball games.

no i agree with you, but kampman has owned cook in all the games he's played against him, and i'm assuming gbaja is still the pass rushing end on the other side who gave mckinnie problems.
now we are gonna have artis hicks or chase johnson out there?
ugh.
we gotta hope whoever does come in does step up to the challenge but from what we've heard over the last 2 years is that our depth, especially at tackle is not very good.
i mean, every team is gonna be shorthanded at some point during the year, we just have the fortunate of being shorthanded right out of the gate with a tough schedule.
i'm just scared mostly becuz i think our pass game is so huge to us being successful this year and losing your left tackle is not gonna make things easier, especially against the pack and indy you know?

COJOMAY
08-14-2008, 10:11 PM
NFL calls McKinnie report 'speculation'
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/26990074.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

An NFL spokesman said Thursday that a report by Sirius NFL Radio that Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie is likely to be suspended for four games for violating the league's personal conduct policy is speculation and that no announcement has been made.

McKinnie had little reaction when asked about the report.

"I don't know about that," McKinnie said as he walked off the practice field...

ragz
08-14-2008, 10:14 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


NFL calls McKinnie report 'speculation'
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/26990074.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

An NFL spokesman said Thursday that a report by Sirius NFL Radio that Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie is likely to be suspended for four games for violating the league's personal conduct policy is speculation and that no announcement has been made.

McKinnie had little reaction when asked about the report.

"I don't know about that," McKinnie said as he walked off the practice field...

well this whole thing is a strange set of circumstances.
usually i get the feeling if something is out there chances are it will happen but if the cats outta the bag why not just respond to it?
4 games seemed a bit steep to me anyway.
i kinda wanna just find out what they are gonna do with him period so that we can move forward, but no rush in actually suspending him.

gregair13
08-14-2008, 11:52 PM
So he's not suspended? I read the first page, and this page of this topic because I don't really want to read the rest of it.

and 4 games seems like a good number for a guy who hit another guy with a pipe

singersp
08-15-2008, 03:44 AM
Bryant McKinnie NOT Suspended. . .At Least, Not Yet (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2008/8/14/594060/bryant-mckinnie-not-suspen)

by Gonzo on Aug 14, 2008 8:34 PM CDT
dailynorseman.com


Thanks to our friends over at Mile High Report, it was posted over in the FanPosts earlier today that Sirius NFL Radio was reporting that Bryant McKinnie would be suspended for the first four games of the 2008 season by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell....

Marrdro
08-15-2008, 06:55 AM
"Schutz" wrote:


It's tough, but a good opportunity to see what kind of depth we have.
We don't know what the game against GB will be like with their new QB in town, and Peyton might hopefully still be out of the swing of things coming off his surgery.
We still have Birk and Hutch on the line, and I think Sharper and the rook will do an OK job in the backfield, if Allen delivers as promised our pass D will hopefully be better with or without M Williams.
Time will tell, but if the Vikes can control the clock with the run and play a tight D against the run and pass we can still win some ball games.

Thats a damn solid post right there.

All teams will have to rely on thier backups at one point or another during a season.
The good ones have little or no drop off.


We just get to find out how steep that drop off is gonna be early.
;D

Marrdro
08-15-2008, 07:02 AM
You know, I still don't have the faintest idea whats going on for sure, however, if I was to put 2 and 2 together.......

a. The commish said something that was heard by someone in his office.
b. That someone might have a little somethinsomethin going on under the table with the NFL network.
c.
That someone leaks something a little early.


I mean seriously, do we really think that the NFLN would put this out if they didn't really know something?
Thier source was probably a bit higher than a "Waterboy" I bet.

Here's hoping that there is some truth to it and the Commish, to save some face, changes his mind and only gives Big Mac a 2 game suspension.

(HEY, I'm reaching here.
;D)

NodakPaul
08-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I honestly don't think that Goodell will rule on McKinnie until after his September 25th court date.
I realize that he can, and has, handed out punishment before court rulings before, in this case I think he will wait to see what the outcome of the pre-trial diversion program will be.

I still expect a multi-gme suspension, but I don't think it will happen until after his court date.

Ltrey33
08-15-2008, 07:37 AM
I edited the title of the thread since it was a bit misleading. We can change it back if he actually gets suspended.

Prophet
08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Does the ballboy work for Sirius now?
Damn.

Marrdro
08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


Does the ballboy work for Sirius now?
gol 'darnit.

I wish I had some visibility/a list of the employees that work for the commish.
Would be fun to see if anyone recently got fired.
;D

seaniemck7
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


I honestly don't think that Goodell will rule on McKinnie until after his September 25th court date.
I realize that he can, and has, handed out punishment before court rulings before, in this case I think he will wait to see what the outcome of the pre-trial diversion program will be.

I still expect a multi-gme suspension, but I don't think it will happen until after his court date.


I expect the suspension as well.
However I think Goodell is doing McKinney and the Vikes a solid by holding off on the suspension.
They did meet already, if you recall.
Goodell could be using the trial as the reason for not suspending him yet.
By doing this McKinney should have the ability to appeal the suspension.
That should give us time for him to start at least the first 2 games.


Opening night for MNF will be a better game with McKinney in the lineup.

VKG4LFE
08-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Speculation or not, this could be really bad for us!

Marrdro
08-15-2008, 10:04 AM
"seaniemck7" wrote:


I expect the suspension as well.
However I think Goodell is doing McKinney and the Vikes a solid by holding off on the suspension.
They did meet already, if you recall.
Goodell could be using the trial as the reason for not suspending him yet.
By doing this McKinney should have the ability to appeal the suspension.
That should give us time for him to start at least the first 2 games.


Opening night for MNF will be a better game with McKinney in the lineup.

A voice of reason amidst the madness.
;D

Excellent post my friend.
Were ya been hiding?

VKG4LFE
08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
But what good is it going to do us if he starts the first two games and then has to sit for four. We might as well get the replacement in there at the start of the season when the cheesedick defense might not have everything figured out and that may help the back up, as opposed to having the guy come in in the 3rd game of the season when the defenses have had a couple of "warm-up" weeks. I don't know if that makes any sense to you readers, but in my mind it does! haha

seaniemck7
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"seaniemck7" wrote:


I expect the suspension as well.
However I think Goodell is doing McKinney and the Vikes a solid by holding off on the suspension.
They did meet already, if you recall.
Goodell could be using the trial as the reason for not suspending him yet.
By doing this McKinney should have the ability to appeal the suspension.
That should give us time for him to start at least the first 2 games.


Opening night for MNF will be a better game with McKinney in the lineup.

A voice of reason amidst the madness.

;D

Excellent post my friend.
Were ya been hiding?


Thanks Marr.
Lots of stuff going on lately on the job front.
Add in FF pre-draft strategy and I have not been able to post lately.
I will send you an email.

Purple Floyd
08-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I thought Mattran looked the best of the LT's who played after McKinney went out. Hopefully his ankle injury wasn't too severe.

I liked the fact that he has long arms and kept them out on pass plays to engage the defender and I also thought his hip movement and footwork were good.

Vikestand
08-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Alright well I am glad I wasn't losing my mind when I heard he was suspended...sounds
like something fishy is going on...

Also, I kinda hope he is there the first few games, since it is obvious that is going to be the toughest part of our schedule.....I think we can swing it better with him out somewhere in the middle....

gamecocksbaseball31
08-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I just wish they would come out and announce something one way or the other (preferablly no action) so we can move on.
I would hate to see it come down to a few days before game 1 and the news come out and we only have a couple days to work Hicks, Mattron, Chase whoever in at LT.

singersp
08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


I just wish they would come out and announce something one way or the other (preferablly no action) so we can move on.
I would hate to see it come down to a few days before game 1 and the news come out and we only have a couple days to work Hicks, Mattron, Chase whoever in at LT.


His court date isn't even until late Sept. The 24th I believe.

We play 3 regular season games before he even goes to court.

marstc09
08-17-2008, 08:40 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


I just wish they would come out and announce something one way or the other (preferablly no action) so we can move on.
I would hate to see it come down to a few days before game 1 and the news come out and we only have a couple days to work Hicks, Mattron, Chase whoever in at LT.


His court date isn't even until late Sept. The 24th I believe.

We play 3 regular season games before he even goes to court.


So does that mean he will be available for the first 3?

singersp
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:


I just wish they would come out and announce something one way or the other (preferablly no action) so we can move on.
I would hate to see it come down to a few days before game 1 and the news come out and we only have a couple days to work Hicks, Mattron, Chase whoever in at LT.


His court date isn't even until late Sept. The 24th I believe.

We play 3 regular season games before he even goes to court.


So does that mean he will be available for the first 3?


He should be unless Goodell gets a wild hair up his ass & suspends him before that.

He hasn't done it yet, so I don't expect he will. Certainly he has all the info he's going to get before that trial date

tclawmen
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?

BloodyHorns82
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM
"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




Just make him run laps.

NodakPaul
08-18-2008, 03:10 PM
"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.

cajunvike
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


Fuck suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.

tclawmen
08-18-2008, 07:35 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


floop suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.


Thats an interesting approach, if you think about it, that would probably impact the offending person more than what is being done now. Coaches, for the most part, do their job because they love being on the field and if you take that away then the disipline has an impact. Players play (unfortunately) for the money more than the game and if you take that away it would also have an immediate impact. I like it!!!!!!

vikinggreg
08-18-2008, 07:35 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


Fuck suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.


Didn't the team get fined and loss a draft pick too

NodakPaul
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


floop suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.


Didn't the team get fined and loss a draft pick too



lol.
Cajun's world revolves around the supposed injustice levied against the rest of the NFL by all things Patriot.
Logic and facts have no place in any discussion regarding it.
Give it a little bit and I am sure C Mac will jump in here as well. ;D

vikinggreg
08-18-2008, 08:21 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


floop suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.


Didn't the team get fined and loss a draft pick too



lol.
Cajun's world revolves around the supposed injustice levied against the rest of the NFL by all things Patriot.
Logic and facts have no place in any discussion regarding it.
Give it a little bit and I am sure C Mac will jump in here as well. ;D


lol...I know but I think every time he gets going about the Pats, some of his hair falls out

erik5032
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"tclawmen" wrote:


Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


floop suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.


Didn't the team get fined and loss a draft pick too



lol.
Cajun's world revolves around the supposed injustice levied against the rest of the NFL by all things Patriot.
Logic and facts have no place in any discussion regarding it.
Give it a little bit and I am sure C Mac will jump in here as well. ;D


He is a lawyer what do you expect?

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


I thought Mattran looked the best of the LT's who played after McKinney went out. Hopefully his ankle injury wasn't too severe.

I liked the fact that he has long arms and kept them out on pass plays to engage the defender and I also thought his hip movement and footwork were good.

From my vantage point during the game I didn't see him play LT during the Ravens game.
After watching it on the tube yesterday afternoon I would have to agree, he didn't do half bad.

I would still like to see Radovich get a few more reps though before I make a decision and pass that on to the Chiller.


I love guys who play hurt.
;D

Zeus
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:




Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?




I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.


floop suspending players, just fine them game checks.
This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
Total BS.


Didn't the team get fined and loss a draft pick too



lol.
Cajun's world revolves around the supposed injustice levied against the rest of the NFL by all things Patriot.
Logic and facts have no place in any discussion regarding it.
Give it a little bit and I am sure C Mac will jump in here as well. ;D


lol...I know but I think every time he gets going about the Pats, some of his hair falls out


"...some MORE of his hair falls out...."

=Z=

Zeus
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.

=Z=

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.

=Z=

I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.

Zeus
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.


I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.


The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?

=Z=

seaniemck7
08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.


I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.


The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?

=Z=


And that is the difference right there.
There is a difference between being injured and being hurt.

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.


I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.


The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?

=Z=

You crack me up.
How did you get playing with a broken leg and unwarranted machismo out of my post?

I like a guy who can play through an injury, not one dumb enough to go out there and try to run around on a broken leg just to prove he is a man.

Again, bumps, bruises etc as apposed to players who have a reputation of being hurt all the time when in fanct they can't find anything wrong with them.

By the way, just in case, etc in no way equates to broken bones.
;D

Marrdro
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
"seaniemck7" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.


I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.


The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?

=Z=


And that is the difference right there.
There is a difference between being injured and being hurt.


What he said. ^^^^^^^^
;D

jmcdon00
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.


I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.


The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?

=Z=

Yep, but then he hit the rookie wall. His first game back after the injury he looked great. 116yds on 15 carries and 2 tds.

Zeus
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


I love guys who play hurt.
;D


I don't.
That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.


I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.


The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?


Yep, but then he hit the rookie wall. His first game back after the injury he looked great. 116yds on 15 carries and 2 tds.


I'm just saying that it is NOT in the best interests of the team for someone to play on a minor injury, because that's a good way to make it a major one - or create other minor injuries.

=Z=